Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought; not sure it's been mentioned before; what if CR used a sharp object multiple times; but realized too late what he had done (blocked memory), but tried to put something over the wounds to stop the bleeding; pure speculation on my part.

Just a thought; not sure it's been mentioned before; what if CR used a sharp object multiple times; but realized too late what he had done (blocked memory), but tried to put something over the wounds to stop the bleeding; pure speculation on my part.

So, he tried to save her after he killed her.?Well there goes the Automaton and diminished capacity defences, as this action implies that CR was aware of his actions, with some measure of understanding their consequences. That he had caused harm to another human being, and that harm could lead to her death. His act of compassion and contrition in no way absolves him of his guilt.

I just don't know, after 33 days in the elements, how much can be told from the soft tissue left.

I suspect, that MT's remains have not yet been buried. I think that the skeleton has been cleaned and prepared for the Forensic Anthropologists to analyze. Just like the clean bone skeleton you see laid out in the TV show Bones.

JIMHOO

I NOTICED TOO! However his face is paler.

IMO he needs to get rid of the facial hair and stop the primping with it. So many of these killers focus on their looks on television hair flipping Jodie A,, Mr. disguise Scott P, party girl Casey A.. void of real humanity just superficial veneer. Easy to see the connection of personality disorders jumping out at you from this group.

CR is likely not sleeping well because of the noise in the jail house not because he’s feeling guilty or experiencing some deep remorse. Changes in environment from freedom to restrictive, peaceful to loud environments can make one irritable and sleep deprived. Many if not most appear this way during basic training in the military branches.

Ok My Friends,

Time to shut this discussion down for the night.

We will open the thread back up around 7:30 AM Mountain time in the morning.

Good morning~ Mollie's thread is open for discussion.

animated-good-morning-image-0031.gif

a21386bf4d2e942a8e768719656338c6--bluebirds-good-morning.jpg

link to graphic

Do the prosecutors think this is a 1,2,3 case slam dunk, are they just overconfident?
Yes, he confessed, yes he took them to the body and all that, but I’ve thought similar in other cases to. The jury’s verdict in those cases shocked me and I did not feel Justice was given to the murdered innocent life.
I watched CR and maybe that’s what his lawyers wanted him to appear projecting, red eyes, downtrodden, hair uncombed, over tired kind of staged to me.. even the prosecutors were checking out the defendants overall look.
I think this trial might be the exact opposite of a slam dunk. So many opportunities for “reasonable doubt.”

IMO he needs to get rid of the facial hair and stop the primping with it. So many of these killers focus on their looks on television hair flipping Jodie A,, Mr. disguise Scott P, party girl Casey A.. void of real humanity just superficial veneer. Easy to see the connection of personality disorders jumping out at you from this group.

CR is likely not sleeping well because of the noise in the jail house not because he’s feeling guilty or experiencing some deep remorse. Changes in environment from freedom to restrictive, peaceful to loud environments can make one irritable and sleep deprived. Many if not most appear this way during basic training in the military branches.
His appearance won’t matter in the slightest until his trial. No point in cleaning up to look good in his striped jail jumpsuit.

I think this trial might be the exact opposite of a slam dunk. So many opportunities for “reasonable doubt.”

So many opportunities for reasonable doubt? May I ask how the facts in this case leads to MANY opportunities for reasonable doubt?

I don't see any logical reasons for reasonable doubt. I think based on what we even know thus far it is very reasonable to believe he murdered Mollie.

It will even get worse for him once all of the evidence is gathered and presented at trial..imo.

But I am interested in why you think there are already many reasons which would cause his jury to have reasonable doubt. Tia

reasonable doubt
n. not being sure of a criminal defendant's guilt to a moral certainty. Thus, a juror (or judge sitting without a jury) must be convinced of guilt of a crime (or the degree of crime, as murder instead of manslaughter) "beyond a reasonable doubt," and the jury will be told so by the judge in the jury instructions. However, it is a subjective test since each juror will have to decide if his/her doubt is reasonable. It is more difficult to convict under that test, than "preponderance of the evidence" to decide for the plaintiff (party bringing the suit) in a civil (non-criminal) trial. (See: preponderance of the evidence)

reasonable doubt

So many opportunities for reasonable doubt? May I ask how the facts in this case leads to MANY opportunities for reasonable doubt?

I don't see any logical reasons for reasonable doubt. I think based on what we even know thus far it is very reasonable to believe he murdered Mollie.

It will even get worse for him once all of the evidence is gathered and presented at trial..imo.

But I am interested in why you think there are already many reasons which would cause his jury to have reasonable doubt. Tia
It’s not a level playing field, the prosecution has an uphill battle. What he has confessed requires one to assume what probably happened, there may or may not be evidence to support those assumptions, and the defense is going to spend a lot of money and effort collecting evidence and building a case that will contradict those assumptions. The rules for Discovery dictate that the defense will know everything that is going to be used against them and they’ll have plenty of opportunity to refute it.

Don’t get me wrong, I do think he’s probably guilty - but that’s not the legal standard. This is not a slam dunk and I’m sure the prosecution already knows this.

reasonable doubt
n. not being sure of a criminal defendant's guilt to a moral certainty. Thus, a juror (or judge sitting without a jury) must be convinced of guilt of a crime (or the degree of crime, as murder instead of manslaughter) "beyond a reasonable doubt," and the jury will be told so by the judge in the jury instructions. However, it is a subjective test since each juror will have to decide if his/her doubt is reasonable. It is more difficult to convict under that test, than "preponderance of the evidence" to decide for the plaintiff (party bringing the suit) in a civil (non-criminal) trial. (See: preponderance of the evidence)

reasonable doubt

Thank you.

I am very aware of reasonable doubt since I have been a juror on several criminal cases including murder..

I was also a juror on a civil case and know about preponderance of the evidence which is only applied in civil cases.

It is not that difficult. The vast majority of first degree murder trial cases end in convictions of the top charge for which the defendant was charged. So day in and day out in courtrooms all over our nation prosecutors meet their burden of proof which of course is BARD and not beyond all doubt.

I believe they will do so in this case based on the evidence entered from the witness stand at trial.

Jmo

Last edited:
he looked like he had just rolled out of bed and went strait to court to me. uncombed hair and red eyes. maybe he is afraid to sleep. wouldn't it be just awful if he was afraid of other inmates so he couldn't sleep well.....

He will either be comforted by yesterdays hearing; knowing a date has been set; but concerned that he's got 7.5 months of the last 3.5 weeks to get through to that point.

I cant speak to this being an easy case or a hard case to prosecute. I don't know what the State has. Do I think he is guilty? You betcha.

I firmly believe the prosecutor will bring justice to Mollie and her grieving family.

No DA is going to bring a case unless they firmly believe they have the evidence to prove it and meet their burden of proof. Imo

Btw..Bravo its so nice to see you posting on cases like this one and others we are following.

Imo

I must need new glasses. I don't see a change in his appearance. Different coloring on the photo, but two photographers can take a photo at the same time and the colors be different. He has dark circles under his eyes, but many people do naturally. The trimming of his facial hair is about the only control he has in his life right now, so maybe that's why he is keeping it up. Afterall, what does he have to do for 24hrs a day?

I firmly believe the prosecutor will bring justice to Mollie and her grieving family.

No DA is going to bring a case unless they firmly believe they have the evidence to prove it and meet their burden of proof. Imo

Btw..Bravo its so nice to see you posting on cases like this one and others we are following.

Imo
Thanks OBE. I have been quiet as of late on this thread. Reading tho. Good to see you. As always.

Unless you've know what all the forensics / reports etc, will say I'm not sure you can say that; It could create doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam