Found Deceased CO - Kevin Rudnicki, 20, hiker, Mount Herman, Pike National Forest, 3 Sep 2018

The National Park Service has many missing people....some as far back as the '70's. Just this week an elderly, lost woman was located in an Indiana State Park using a heat sensing drone. That story had a happy ending. Hopefully Kevin's story will also end well.
He's not missing in a National Park, but rather in an area close to his home where he frequently hiked. I was curious if even any family or friends are releasing any info at this point. (Besides Facebook that is, which is where I've learned some info beyond WS).

So, according to the reports, the last known contact is his middle school teacher? That seems unusual. IDK, just mentioning it's odd, since it's literally one of the only clues out there. How often do people just run into one of their middle school teachers on a mountain? Per the Incident Commander:

Rudnicki was last seen about 8:45 a.m., when he ran into one of his former middle school teachers.

“Everything seemed to be fine,” Kinsey said. “They chatted for a few minutes and went on their ways, and that was it.”
https://www.outtherecolorado.com/hiker-missing-in-same-area-that-slain-mountain-biker-was-found/

That was it? Seems like an important encounter, seeing as that's the last known contact. moo

So, according to the reports, the last known contact is his middle school teacher? That seems unusual. IDK, just mentioning it's odd, since it's literally one of the only clues out there. How often do people just run into one of their middle school teachers on a mountain? Per the Incident Commander:

Rudnicki was last seen about 8:45 a.m., when he ran into one of his former middle school teachers.

“Everything seemed to be fine,” Kinsey said. “They chatted for a few minutes and went on their ways, and that was it.”
https://www.outtherecolorado.com/hiker-missing-in-same-area-that-slain-mountain-biker-was-found/

That was it? Seems like an important encounter, seeing as that's the last known contact. moo
Not so sure it wasn’t anything other than they were both hiking the same area on the same day and happened to pass each other. Sounds like a popular spot for locals to hike etc. It IS hard for the imagination not to run off in various directions when nothing else is forthcoming though. I hear ya. Jmo.

Are they positively sure that he is actually there? Could he have gone for a hike, came out, and decided to leave on his own instead of going home? I wonder if there was any friend or someone that might have given him a ride elsewhere?

I hope that he's ok. My heart goes out to his family and friends. Not knowing is torture.

Any updates on Kevin.
Last post from his mom's Facebook page is actually an update of her profile photo and it's Kevin. This is from Sept 28 and some posts under it are still referring to his being missing. Very quiet, but if there's nothing to report I guess that's the way it sadly is.

Bump for Kevin, nothing new in the MSM.
Again, his mom’s Facebook page states he’s still missing. No other info except she perhaps just married a man named Bill. Her profile photo has changed to a wedding and she expresses mixed feelings at having that instead of Kevin.

ETA others posting prayers for his return recently as 5 days ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back