MI MI - D'wan Sims, 4, Livonia, 11 Dec 1994

Michigan doesn't have a very good site for missing persons

There is a site called Michigan Does, it has a lot of information on it about different cases, it just seems like in Michigan very few of the crimes get a lot of air time.

It is a sad case and my husband and I bring it up often. Yes, most people that I talk to (police included) believe that the mother had him killed and then gave the body to a relative to take out of State.

It is a sad case and my husband and I bring it up often. Yes, most people that I talk to (police included) believe that the mother had him killed and then gave the body to a relative to take out of State.

I pray that someday D'wan is found alive, although I too believe that the mother may have done something to him. I pray that someday, someone speaks out so whatever happened to D'wan, justice can be served.

He is such a little doll. If the mother showed up on tapes at the store but the little boy didn't then that pretty much shows that she is lying. She either didn't have him with her at all that day OR when she realized he was missing she just went right on shopping and didn't report him missing until she was finished...which I doubt.

Her flunking two polys really makes me think that she is involved. How could you flunk TWO polys? That just doesn't sound right.

LE may never be able to arrest her for the murder of her little boy. They can't use the poly in court and after all of this time it doesn't look like she is going to break. I wonder how much the insurance was for? I thought an article said it was a small amount. I wonder if he was her only child? Wonder why she had an insurance policy on him? Is that usual?

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/834dmmi.html
http://www.michigandoes.com/MP/DWanSims.html

I looked for this case and didn't see it posted anywhere, so I hope it's ok I posted this thread. This has haunted me since the day it happened.

Suspicion originally was that the mother had something to do with it. Mainly because she said they'd been shopping and he went missing, but mall survaillence showed her alone. Didn't help that she failed a polygraph.

being from the detroit area, i think of this case from time to time. it was all over the news when it happened (i was quite young at the time). at first i really wanted to believe the mothers story, but as i get older i believe it less and less. i wonder if we'll ever know the truth. he was such a cute little boy, poor thing.

there have been a few threads about him...here's one where we discussed it a bit.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41559

The last i recall, was years ago, and they were tearing the mom's house apart because someone smelt a foul odor. Not sure if it was rumor or fact i was young!

To this day though, I still feel mom had a hand in his disappearance.

D'wan would have been nine years old when the DeKalb boy died, and they think the DeKalb boy was between five and seven. Also, you'd have to explain what happened to D'wan in the intervening five years.

I noticed the age thing, too. I wonder if he could have been mistreated for those years and just been smaller.

Wonder why she had an insurance policy on him? Is that usual?

Well, I have an insurance policy on both my kids and my hubby, myself as well, through my job with the USPS. If something were to happen to either one of my kids or my hubby, the insurance payment (about $12,000 for each person) would about cover funeral expenses. Now, on the other hand, if something were to happen to ME, my hubby and kids would collect an amount of 5 times my annual income.....multiply $50,000 times 5)......

I thought they found this little boy across the state line and both Jackson and her boyfriend/husband went to prison. I would swear I read all that right here on webslueths. Maybe in the located threads?

Salem

That would make me happy to hear, but as far as I know, they never found him.

D'Wan Christian Sims
National Center For Missing & Exploited Children
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=798503&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US
DOB: Oct 29, 1990
Missing: Dec 11, 1994
Age Now: 18
Sex: Male
Race: Black
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
Weight: 50 lbs (23 kg)
Missing From:
LIVONIA
MI
United States
D'Wan's photo is shown age-progressed to 16 years. He disappeared while shopping with his mother at the Wonderland Mall. D'Wan was last seen wearing a blue winter jacket over a multi-colored windbreaker, dark blue sweat pants and low top "FILA" brand tennis shoes.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member