AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Atticus - was wondering if any surveillance at Dublins - real bummer there isn't...

Yes, agree, when understood that she had left her phone in a parking lot - just seemed like at the least a very distracted thing to do......

I've thought about the accidental death scenario too......

Interesting that TT doesn't have an alibi.......& apparently friends with DW

Also, do wonder if DW did send a FB post to DNV @ her phone? Would make sense too...of course if he didn't, maybe because he knew she'd never see it, just like the reason why he didn't drop it off at her work: knew she'd never show up.....

Do we know how DW framed things when he called JDT (it was her right?) - at this point only he (presumably) knew that DNV could be missing.... if he said merely 'I was hanging out with your daughter last night - she left her phone, how can I get it back to her?'
I can understand that she might not have been too concerned at that point.......

Concerns me that DW wasn't concerned immediately - there was no good reason (presumably) that DNV would not follow over to Dublins - this is her phone after all!! What would be more important at that moment than following him & retrieving her phone? .....he should have known something was very wrong right then......

Yeah, nothing IMO at all suggests leaving voluntarily....

Thanks Atticus - was wondering if any surveillance at Dublins - real bummer there isn't...

Yes I agree with you. Sad situation. Originally wondered if she did leave voluntarily as she had lost hope about the custody situation ever changing and was in a dark place. But looking at the mind map it appeared that everything was focused on regaining custody IMO and getting life on track. Few people have a linear path to achieving goals so maybe she was going through a rough patch? We don't know.

That's why I wish some of the people that knew her well could fill us in on what was going on her life. In many respects DNV is something of a mystery now and that makes putting the puzzle together even more difficult.

I can see how LE has been challenged to piece this all together even though they have many more resources than we do. I just wish that the State Crime Group were involved and that the FBI were looking at phone/CCTV/social media connections.

People in her life that have not been cleared by LE taking control of her social media, having access to her phone for a period of time before it was turned into police and having access to her apartment is something that I find disturbing and I question why LE has permitted this to occur?

This situation has been ongoing source of confusion and has been unable to be confirmed via official LE jail records. We have heard different accounts of status from 'jail' to 'rehab'. Given the lack of clarity not sure what to think to tell you the truth. TT was at 'vigil' and was visible on video if you want to take a look it was posted previously on prior thread and is a good way to get a look at the people involved and there is an interview with one of DNV friends at the end which was one of the few friend interviews we've seen so far.

The fact that the closed Shell station is on his way home explains why he was there. It doesn't explain why Danniella was there. She was supposedly following him to Ollies, and she knew where Ollies was because she had previously worked there. Instead of stopping at Ollies, she continued to follow him. Why did she do that?

He was aware of her and when he saw the flashing lights in his rear view mirror, he knew who it was and pulled over.

View attachment 147897

I always come in late, but it took me 4 minutes to figure out how to disable a LoJack... People in my and Danniella's age group google everything, it's a whole new generation (I've filleted a fish from the river, fixed my car, home repairs, etc. using Google and YouTube) one does not need to be a mechanic to figure out how to do disable LoJacks. I think all questions could be answered if we could see her google search history.

In case you are curious.....

How to Disable LoJack

In order to disable LoJack, a user can either stop the unit from receiving signals or stop the unit from transmitting signals. In either case, removing the entire unit would work. If this is not an option, the user can cover the unit in a lead or brass mesh, which would catch any signals the unit is attempting to receive. Additionally, the user could implement a GPS tracking jammer that would override the incoming signals in order to prevent them from reaching the device. Likewise, a GPS tracking jammer could override the outgoing signals and use software in order to send a false location to the GPS satellites. Doing any of these actions without the owner’s explicit permission is a crime and may interfere with other GPS dependent devices in the area.

Since learning that there were only 4 people in the 'party train', and everyone except Danniella is accounted for, I still think it's possible that someone was following her from The Dublin, but it's as likely as someone seeing the rental car plates and following that car to the closed Shell station. Hard to say.

I originally thought 'party train' was 8 or 9 people.

I don't think anyone knows anything about Car 3. If there was any information, we'd know what happened to Danni because Car 3 is the last party to see her.

The still from the surveillance video would make one question just how many were actually in the party train (we only know of the 4, which does include DV). Were there people that they met up with at The Dublin that we don't know about?

There could be a cultural/regional aspect to this as well and the assumption could have been that everything was ok and DNV had just been out partying with friends and there was no reason to worry. The reason I'm not so sure about this though is that Mobile is not a low crime city. The crime stats were posted earlier in prior thread and violent crime is an everyday experience in Mobile along with vehicle crime. Maybe if you have lived in a place for a very long time that you don't focus on crime quite as closely as you feel comfortable and safe in your environment. The T family might not have expected to hear from DNV every day so maybe that was the reason as well. IDK. But I've been following the local media since this case started and crime is a daily part of life in Mobile.

Thinking about this question is so difficult as I don't feel like we have heard from friends as to who DNV was and would this be typical behavior for her. From what I've read I feel comfortable saying that DNV was a very hard worker as she had 2 jobs. By all accounts she works almost constantly to be able to afford apt and now new car and most likely paid some child support for CT. For a 24 year old with minimal education (although I'm not sure about this as her FB said she attended Kansas State at some point in the past while others have said on here that she didn't graduate from HS - another interesting question for VI!). It sounds from her mind map that she was working to be more responsible and independant. So perhaps the people in her life were giving her space to do this? Again, not hearing from friends makes it hard to assess this aspect of DNV.

Most people these days are quite careful with their phones as virtually all their personal information and banking is on the phone. I am also not sure how much contact there was with JDT other than formal calls about visitation for CT and this might be a good question for the VI in the thread. The current relationship status with TT is unclear but it seems like they weren't together but then why would JDT report taking furniture and clothing belonging to him for DNV apartment and this might be another good question for VI?

PS DNV and TT are not married. TT marital status is unclear and this might be another good question for VI on the thread IMO.

TT & DNV are not married, nor were they. They have actually been on & off for the past 6 years.

JDT has said that it's not unusual for DNV to go a few days without contacting her; however, it is not like DNV to go this long.

JDT is who received the call from LE that DNV was being evicted and, since DNVs mother has yet to make an attempt to go to AL, JDT didn't want everything just thrown out on the curb. So she and a couple of DNVs friends went to retrieve it.

I'm not sure what DNVs education level was.

Will have to look at both these issues again and repost.

I don't think we know anything other that the supposed statement from DW that he didn't see her headlights in the rear view mirror. I will have to recheck the JDT timeline on this. My recollection is that lights from her car flashed and he assumed she was behind him and the reason he waited at the Dublin for 20 min was to make sure she just hadn't gotten lost. She didn't show. He went to Ollies. She didn't show. He had her phone so he didn't have any way of contacting her although if she had a laptop he could have sent her a message via FB.

He knew she had been drinking. Maybe they weren't as close as we had initially assumed? But if someone says they are going to meet you and its midnight and they don't show I'm not sure why you wouldn't be concerned?

No info on DNV father

DW saw DNVs headlights flash behind him when she signaled to pull over into the Shell station.

I live locally and I am very familiar with all the areas pertaining to DNV's disappearance . I travel the exact route they took to the Shell station everyday. If they were heading straight to Ollie's that would not be the route to take. I actually walked home one night from Dublin's. Driving, you'd take a left out of Dublin's and then another left onto Hillcrest and Ollies is on the right, literally like 5 minutes give or take from Dublins. After reading a lot of the clues I'm positive I found out who the DW being referenced is. We have 8 mutual friends, my boyfriend being one. The location of that Shell station is a common drug meet up spot... Its at the first exit on I65 heading North from I10. As far as the rental car situation I read that DW's personal vehicle was left at the rental place so when he returned the rental car at 1 am he just picked up his own vehicle and I'm summing just left the keys in the drop box.

Few thoughts- how do we know DW had DNV's password? If it's because he answered a call, you don't have to have a password to answer a call or to see who is calling. Also does it seem strange to anyone else that a potential abductor would immediately know to disable the lojack/gps tracking on DNV's car?? And if whoever took her was that keen regarding no one being able to track her then why would they believe her when she said she didn't have her phone? I would think they would rip the car and her possessions apart looking for phone (knowing it could track her) assuming she was lying. Definitely think they would have left some kind of evidence (accidentally) in the parking lot
Did someone at the Dublin parking lot see/hear her phone fall off her car? Followed her to the Shell station knowing she'd be an easy target- no cell phone, possibly intoxicated?? Car 3?
Not sure where I'm headed with all of this, just some thoughts I've had while catching up from last night. Huge thank you to everyone here, yall are doing some really great work

DW somehow got the password which gave him access to the phone because he called JDT from DNVs phone to let JDT know he had her phone. He had no idea who JDT was to know to call her specifically; it was a matter of going through her recent calls and selecting someone. How he got her password to do so is a question we don't have the answer to, unfortunately.

Yes, agree, when understood that she had left her phone in a parking lot - just seemed like at the least a very distracted thing to do......

I've thought about the accidental death scenario too......

Also, do wonder if DW did send a FB post to DNV @ her phone? Would make sense too...of course if he didn't, maybe because he knew she'd never see it, just like the reason why he didn't drop it off at her work: knew she'd never show up.....

Do we know how DW framed things when he called JDT (it was her right?) - at this point only he (presumably) knew that DNV could be missing.... if he said merely 'I was hanging out with your daughter last night - she left her phone, how can I get it back to her?'
I can understand that she might not have been too concerned at that point.......

Concerns me that DW wasn't concerned immediately - there was no good reason (presumably) that DNV would not follow over to Dublins - this is her phone after all!! What would be more important at that moment than following him & retrieving her phone? .....he should have known something was very wrong right then......

Y'all can choose to believe me or not. TT does have an alibi. TT was incarcerated when DNV disappeared and went from there into rehab. TT is not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member