Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that. She has spoken as though she was very close to him.
It seems both parents were more involved with their new partners and families than that boy.

I have been trying to find the past articles, to show you one we discussed back up thread. There was a long discussion about Logan, asking his mother if he could come and live with her. And she said that it was in his best interests to stay and go to that new highly academic high school academy.

And I was a bit critical of her because he had never lived with his mom, and teenaged boys do need their moms too. I felt that he was reaching out for help.

I googled and googled and cant find it now. But I am sure it is back at the start of the thread. I may try and find it later.

The Father had been super 'involved' with his son. But maybe too much so. He was a strict, disciplinarian and a Type A personality. I think poor Logan needed a compassionate, nurturing Mom to help balance that energy out.

Calling her is not the same thing as her being there each night. I feel sorry for him in that he needed more professional help than he was getting.

I have been trying to find the past articles, to show you one we discussed back up thread. There was a long discussion about Logan, asking his mother if he could come and live with her. And she said that it was in his best interests to stay and go to that new highly academic high school academy.

And I was a bit critical of her because he had never lived with his mom, and teenaged boys do need their moms too. I felt that he was reaching out for help.

I googled and googled and cant find it now. But I am sure it is back at the start of the thread. I may try and find it later.

The Father had been super 'involved' with his son. But maybe too much so. He was a strict, disciplinarian and a Type A personality. I think poor Logan needed a compassionate, nurturing Mom to help balance that energy out.

Calling her is not the same thing as her being there each night. I feel sorry for him in that he needed more professional help than he was getting.
I remember that discussion, but I did think that he lived with her at some stage and then went to live with the father, but I don't know.
I agree that boys need mothers, even sometimes more than girls do. Men seem to be able to show their softer side to daughters, where some men cannot do that for sons.

I remember that discussion, but I did think that he lived with her at some stage and then went to live with the father, but I don't know.
I agree that boys need mothers, even sometimes more than girls do. Men seem to be able to show their softer side to daughters, where some men cannot do that for sons.

I just went back and read the early posts.

Logan was born in 2002.

The Divorce was filed in 2004. So he was 2 when they broke up.

When he was 8, his mom moved out of state. So he might have lived with her part of the time up until age 8.

But she moved out of state and had 3 more children. So I have to think that was hard on him.

He had a very attentive , engaged Father. But he was also a strict, controlling, competitive type father. I think Logan was very sensitive and it was not the ideal situation foe him, obviously.

Logan was born in 2002.

When he was 8, his mom moved out of state. So he might have lived with her part of the time up until age 8.

But she moved out of state and had 3 more children. So I have to think that was hard on him.

He had a very attentive , engaged Father. But he was also a strict, controlling, competitive type I

Logan was born in 2002.

He had a very attentive , engaged Father. But he was also a strict, controlling, competitive type father. I think Logan was very sensitive and it was not the ideal situation foe him, obviously.
I agree with all of that.

Going on a road trip today thru tomorrow....
animated-smileys-vehicles-003.gif
So will post this today.

Thursday, August 16th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am ET) – FL – Kristina June French (53) (Nov. 21, 2017) – Logan Tyler Mott (15) – charged (3/27/18) as an adult of 2nd degree murder (of his grandmother) & grand theft auto; plead not guilty; no bond.
*Waives his right to a speedy trial. Last hearing was 6/27/18.

I didn't know that. She has spoken as though she was very close to him.
It seems both parents were more involved with their new partners and families than that boy.

Logan's father always posted photos of him and logan, surfing, fishing, hiking, karate, wrestling and on multiple vacations some of which included his fathers girlfriend. I believe the girlfriend also lived with him and Logan. Photos can be deceiving, but he would use the hashtag #thatsmyboy a great deal. I did notice that it send different that on the last vacation Logan didn't go with them to Mexico. He had gone on the trip with the girlfriend and Dad the year before. And, in the evidence note, Logan mentioned that Jamie(the dad's gf) had gone thru his things and found something. I wonder what she found.

I remember reading what you did and can't find it now. Kids don't suddenly snap and then they go and kill someone. There are signs and I'm sure the evidence that has been presented will prove that. Maybe the father tried being his buddy and so many added activities to keep him close because he saw the signs. A nanny had said there was something eery about him as a child, so she saw the signs. So did high school kids that spoke about an aggressive side of Logan that the press didn't mention at first. One clear sign that was abnormal is the website he created and the imaginary character he portrayed on Instagram. Rape and jabs at his father were made there. A huge deviation from a normal childhood, so the claims by the counselor that "he seemed happy" after being accused of rape. So many adults could perhaps intervened and Kristina would be alive today.

Thursday, Sept. 20th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am ET) – FL – Kristina June French (53) (Nov. 21, 2017) – Logan Tyler Mott (15) – charged (3/27/18) as an adult of 2nd degree murder (of his grandmother) & grand theft auto; plead not guilty; no bond.
*Waives his right to a speedy trial. Last hearing was 6/27/18.
8/16/18 Update: Next hearing scheduled for 9/20.

Updated from 9.20 court appearance - PRETRIAL 11/19/2018 9:00 AM. Pushing it out to almost a year since Kristina was murdered. Surely they won't start the trial the week before Thanksgiving and the week she was killed.
Also "full disclosure to prosecution was filed" which is simply showing the witnesses for the Defense and to include those names that were entered by prosecution a few months ago.

Attachments

• [17-CF-10920]_FIRST_DISCLOSURE_TO_PROSECUTION.pdf
    36.7 KB · Views: 7
from Docket:
9/20/2018 JUDGE ANDERSON JR, BRUCE R
ASST. STATE ATTY. LICANDRO, JOSEPH RUDOLPH
ASST. PUB. DEF. COFER, CHARLES GILBERT
DEFENDANT PRESENT IN JAIL

OTHERS PRESENT: PARENTS OF DEF PRESENT IN COURT
OTHERS PRESENT: G. SHULZ -GUARDIAN LITEM

PRETRIAL 11/19/2018 9:00 AM - 508 5TH FLOOR, 501 W ADAMS ST JACKSONVILLE FL 32202

Next hearing:
11/19/2018 9:00 AM PRETRIAL 5th Floor 508

link: CORE - Clerk Online Resource ePortal

Monday, Nov. 19th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am ET) – FL – Kristina June French (53) (Nov. 21, 2017, Neptune Beach) – Logan Tyler Mott (15) – charged (3/27/18) as an adult of 2nd degree murder (of his grandmother) & grand theft auto; plead not guilty; no bond. *Waives his right to a speedy trial. Last hearing was 6/27/18.
8/16/18 Update: Next hearing scheduled for 9/20.
9/20/18 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 11/19.

Update: Next pretrial hearing on 11/19.

wow. So curious to hear what's going on with this case.

I kind of wish it had been scheduled for two days later, on the anniversary. Just as a reminder.

Living in Jacksonville Beach, I find it interesting the news stations fail to cover the pretrial hearings on this case. They are quick to do it on other stories in Jacksonville when those awaiting trial are present in court. Wonder if they'll do an update this week at some point, since it was a huge news story during last Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans