Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks again for clearing that up! Hard to tell sometimes when using a small tablet

Not all that is posted here is TRUE or VERIFIED.

Example:

You cant going running around,posting that the police has his
bankacounts!
I don't know where that member (who blocked me BTW) got this information from??!
I did read that,the last time I posted here
I never saw this mentioned in other forums or spread by the media.Let me know if you found a source who could confirm it.
An advice,read more about the PSD2. (& privacy bank accounts records)

The police has stated that they have has 3 possible scenarios about his disappearance.

1They searched intensive to the location where his belongs were found.(accident)

2 Did he wanted to get off grid?

3 Faul play/crime

If you, post and you cant provide a link, to these comments -claims,you make ,then post: I think..or IMO or something like that!

Mobilen til Arjen har vært i bruk i Fauske etter han skal ha blitt observert på Rognan

28440.jpg

The mobile phone of Arjen has been in use in Fauske after he was seen in Rognan

ACTIVITY ON MOBILE PHONE. The missing Arjen Kamphuis may have used the mobile phone here in Tusvika. It was in this area that his belongings were found, and here it was searched for the Dutchman.

At 22 o'clock on the 20th of August, the mobile phone of missing Arjen Kamphuis has been connected to a base station covering Fauske.

BBM

The rest of the article is behind a wall ......

I saw now on twitter that police has not ruled out visit to military in area but no sign yet that that happened - Is this correct?

In the news article @ZaZara mention from Saltenposten.no some one states that she may have seen him the 21. august at Fauske. It was a man with ponytail, remarkable face and outdoor clothing (dark top/jacket) and a bag at a grocery store early daytime. The police have talked with one of the conductors at the train to Rognan they think he took. They have searched the cabin close to where his kayak and other objects where found. The ping is done at the base station in Fauske area about 10.00 the evening of 20. august. The area includes the place where his kayak was found and the cabin is.

The newspaper states that it was a leather bag with his ID and some change who was found ca. 50 meter from land. The police still search the information about the cargo ship, although the ship went straight to Bremen. And because of the strict norwegian laws about filming in shops etc., it is too late see them now ( the films is only accessable for 7 days.). So the last confirmed sight of him is at the hotel reception 20.august.

In an.no the police states that of of the main questions is where the rest of his luggage is? IF he went out in the kayak from Rognan took he with him everything? Or is it stored somewhere else? Police is not sure the kayak was in the two big bags he had with him when he checked out of the hotel. And the cargo ship was too far away from Vikeså that the mobil would ping there if he where on the ship. The Dutch police officers travelled back to Netherlands today, but they will still cooperate and search in both countries.

Last edited:
In the news article @ZaZara mention from Saltenposten.no some one states that she may have seen him the 21. august at Fauske. It was a man with ponytail, remarkable face and outdoor clothing (dark top/jacket) and a bag at a grocery store early daytime. The police have talked with one of the conductors at the train to Rognan they think he took. They have searched the cabin close to where his kayak and other objects where found. The ping is done at the base station in Fauske area about 10.00 the evening of 20. august. The area includes the place where his kayak was found and the cabin is.

The newspaper states that it was a leather bag with his ID and some change who was found ca. 50 meter from land. The police still search the information about the cargo ship, although the ship went straight to Bremen. And because of the strict norwegian laws about filming in shops etc., it is too late see them now ( the films is only accessable for 7 days.). So the last confirmed sight of him is at the hotel reception 20.august.

In an.no the police states that of of the main questions is where the rest of his luggage is? IF he went out in the kayak from Rognan took he with him everything?Or is it somewhere else? Police is not sure the kayak was is the two big bags he had with him when he checked out of the hotel. And the cargo ship was too far away from Vikeså that the mobil would ping there if he where on the ship. The Dutch police officers travelled back to Netherlands today, but they will still cooperate and search in both countries.

"Police is not sure the kayak was is the two big bags he had with him when he checked out of the hotel

How strange is that? The one thing that would be unmistakable is that square, bulky pack with the canoe in it. It is unlike any other backpack.

Thank you Lorrie. Do you know how people can reach that tiny beach where the kayak was found? Is there a bus stop nearby?

Could Arjen have reached there by kayak from Rognan? Or perhaps from Fauske?

frm @tabelsen
In a statement police @politinordland say they have not ruled out a connection between #arjenkamphuis visit to the area and military presence in area. But it is so far no sign that he came for something else than vacation and no sign he has visited military places. #findarjen
Now I understand wat you mean.
I thought you meant that the police was planning to pay a visit to the armed forces ... and you were asking whether they had done so.

I think is a bus stop close according to the bus route. But I am sure the bus driver would remember if someone left the bus there. It was bad weather that day, and it seems to be only one cabin in the area so a stranger there would be rare.

I would think it is easier to reach there by kayak from Rognan but it shorter from Fauske. I dont think it is so easy to get the kayak out from Fauske though.

Thank you Lorrie. Do you know how people can reach that tiny beach where the kayak was found? Is there a bus stop nearby?

Could Arjen have reached there by kayak from Rognan? Or perhaps from Fauske?

According to his friends, he had no interest in kayaking that they knew of. Would that make him a beginner? Easily paddling along in the rain and covering the distance Rognan to that beach in record time?

BTW He could have easily rented a kayak, plus a flotation suit, instead of spending thousands on a foldable one that he would have to carry.

Rental kayaks are equipped with GPS.

Lorrie: do you know how big the Fauske station radius is for the cell phone tower ping that was reported? ("The ping is done at the base station in Fauske area about 10.00 the evening of 20. august. The area includes the place where his kayak was found and the cabin is." )
also do you think it is strange that no one saw him ever in Bodo except check in and check out? No meals at restaus etc.

Thanks again Lorrie. If I have understood well, the main current flows from rognan to fauske and bodo on that side of the fjord.

On the other side it flows in the opposite direction.

According to his friends, he had no interest in kayaking that they knew of. Would that make him a beginner? Easily paddling along in the rain and covering the distance Rognan to that beach in record time?

BTW He could have easily rented a kayak, plus a flotation suit, instead of spending thousands on a foldable one that he would have to carry.

Rental kayaks are equipped with GPS.
I'm not so sure to believe that he went kayaking.

@ZaZara - I would think so if he didnt took a class in kayak padling without his friends knowing... I am not kayak padling myself so I would not know, but I wouldnt go padling in the weather earlier that day if I was not experienced.... Agrees with renting a kayak if he was not experienced rather than buying.

@Zoe1234 - I have no clue how big the radius are.. The things I know about pings and base stations have I learned at this forum... Nope, I am not suprised people dont remember him staying in Bodø. First of all he looks scandinavian and similar to many men in his age group. Then it was school holiday when he stayed here until the day he checked out of the hotel so that would be a lot of young students working and in my experience they are not reading newpapers very much. We have a lot of tourists here during the summer coming in cars, bikes, by ferry, cruise ships, planes, coastal express so some days the town will be full of foreigners so no wonder people dont remember him. I would think he had to eat during the 10 days he stayed here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member