Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TY for this. It's different from the one I have in that the text is extracted. Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly, but the PDFs I have are basically images. Did you do something to convert the text?

The reason I ask is I use a text to speech app so I can listen instead of read long documents/articles and I'd love to have all of the PDF in this format.

Gardenista I had in word format so just converted it to a PDF to upload here. I think I may have initially converted the image to word using a PDF converter so I could copy and paste excerpts. I hope that helps

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that page 36 of Marilyn Dawson's 1999 police statement transcript is missing? Puzzle.

yes, and it drove me crazy, because I have so many axes to grind where Marilyn is concerned... I thought it might be stuff that was redacted, but this is usually notified, a redaction.. I think it's just missing. ..

I cant recall exactly, but it was either a podcast, or her statement, and now I think it was the podcast, because it was the actors voice, but Marilyn says, out of the blue, that she wasn't as supportive of Lynn as she might have been, words to that effect, and I thought then, understatement of the year, dearie.... it just infuriated me all over again! .

It was in the context of reflection about having Joanne and Chris hiding in her garage that Christmas... …

Yes! Perhaps it was too sensitive- might have been about her own marriage?

that would be a first.. Marilyn believed then, and probably still does that she is married to a man equal to the forty kings of France, a man so lacking in any flaw whatsoever, I wondered if he struck her like a gong every day to get that effect from her.

I cant recall exactly, but it was either a podcast, or her statement, and now I think it was the podcast, because it was the actors voice, but Marilyn says, out of the blue, that she wasn't as supportive of Lynn as she might have been, words to that effect, and I thought then, understatement of the year, dearie.... it just infuriated me all over again! .

It was in the context of reflection about having Joanne and Chris hiding in her garage that Christmas... …
Yes, that stood out to me too, quite infuriating.

that would be a first.. Marilyn believed then, and probably still does that she is married to a man equal to the forty kings of France, a man so lacking in any flaw whatsoever, I wondered if he struck her like a gong every day to get that effect from her.
I was thinking perhaps she was going to be asked about Pauls affair/s, but was hoping they were going to ask her about the carpet cleaning!

Yes, that stood out to me too, quite infuriating.

Marilyn's perspectives are the stuff of nightmares, She repeats quite a few times how Lynn 'didn't fight for her marriage' like, it still hasn't occurred to her that the reason Lynn is most definitely dead, and not just dead but murdered by her husband's twin brother, is precisely because she fought for her marriage. If she had said, ok, I'm off, goodbye, she 'd be alive to day!...

Obviously, she stood her ground, for her kids, and probably for Chris's benefit as well. Women who are compliant and obedient and pliable are usually still living.

But this goes right over Marilyn's head.

I was thinking perhaps she was going to be asked about Pauls affair/s, but was hoping they were going to ask her about the carpet cleaning!
Paul was adamant that Marilyn not find out about his experiences with Joanne. Maybe there were limits to Marilyn's worship. .. I had hoped that too, that she would be asked about Paul and Chris and Joanne and the sexual connection, mainly to get some sort of human response, instead of the Stepford Wife stuff she went on about.. but.. nooo….. ( quel dispointe!)

And we can be pretty certain that if Lynn had said, ok, go your own way, I'll just take myself off and leave you to it, she'd be alive today, because that is precisely the story Chris Dawson tells us she did!..

A tremendous Freudian slip, disclosing what he wished and hoped would happen instead of the messy difficult stuff he had to do to get the same outcome. ..

So the following day if on the Friday 8 January, maybe even the same day on the Saturday 9 January, he goes to work with his kids, lets his mate Phil Day drive his mother-in-law home with his kids back to the in laws place. He drives to the Central Coast on 10/11 January to pick up Joanne.

I wondered if the cardigan may have been washed (I do struggle with that possibility given washing is woman's work), as there were up to 16 cut marks on it but no DNA. Wouldn't want to get any stains in the car.

I got the impression, listening to the podcast at the time, that Chris inviting Phil Day to the pool that day was calculated. If it was, it was a stroke of brilliance.

I got the impression, listening to the podcast at the time, that Chris inviting Phil Day to the pool that day was calculated. If it was, it was a stroke of brilliance.

he had all the bases covered.. the STD phonecall. to the pool ( I tag Marilyn for that ) , the ready lift for muminlaw and the kids away from the Bayview property.. . Lynn's body was probably still there, but even so, it was pretty smooth , therefore, one senses another smoother hand behind it, Paul, for example.... keeping a cool hand on all the strings, co -ordinating the story...

The only thing that jars and screeches is the idiotic segment of the story that Lynn gets Chris to drive her to the bus stop, because she is leaving her kids, her house, her job, her family, her past and her future behind, sure, sure, .. you can just see that playing out, I think NOT.

Marilyn's perspectives are the stuff of nightmares, She repeats quite a few times how Lynn 'didn't fight for her marriage' like, it still hasn't occurred to her that the reason Lynn is most definitely dead, and not just dead but murdered by her husband's twin brother, is precisely because she fought for her marriage. If she had said, ok, I'm off, goodbye, she 'd be alive to day!...

Obviously, she stood her ground, for her kids, and probably for Chris's benefit as well. Women who are compliant and obedient and pliable are usually still living.

But this goes right over Marilyn's head.

yes also lets not forget.

paul and Marilyn housed joanne for the entire month of December....secretly from lyn.
not just Christmas day. chrsitmas day they were hiding chris as well!.....

so so childish. just an embarrassment to adulthood.

he had all the bases covered.. the STD phonecall. to the pool ( I tag Marilyn for that ) , the ready lift for muminlaw and the kids away from the Bayview property.. . Lynn's body was probably still there, but even so, it was pretty smooth , therefore, one senses another smoother hand behind it, Paul, for example.... keeping a cool hand on all the strings, co -ordinating the story...

The only thing that jars and screeches is the idiotic segment of the story that Lynn gets Chris to drive her to the bus stop, because she is leaving her kids, her house, her job, her family, her past and her future behind, sure, sure, .. you can just see that playing out, I think NOT.

I would be amazed if at least Paul, and perhaps Paul & Peter, didn't play a part in the early strategizing. Some of it was clever, and it was of course assisted greatly by the police, who weren't even looking.

I would love to know who was ringing who when this was going down. If the same thing happened in more recent times, and the police were actually looking, Chris would be arrested in pretty quick time.

I would be amazed if at least Paul, and perhaps Paul & Peter, didn't play a part in the early strategizing. Some of it was clever, and it was of course assisted greatly by the police, who weren't even looking.

I would love to know who was ringing who when this was going down. If the same thing happened in more recent times, and the police were actually looking, Chris would be arrested in pretty quick time.
paul and chris are the youngest of 5.
the other two are laying very very low??
never hear a pep from them.

Remember the cops bugged their phones at one stage and the absence of discussions regarding Lyn stuck out like a sore thumb.
I personally don’t think anyone was phoning anyone. They were paranoid in that department

Remember the cops bugged their phones at one stage and the absence of discussions regarding Lyn stuck out like a sore thumb.
I personally don’t think anyone was phoning anyone. They were paranoid in that department

Those phone bugs were installed many years later. The calls I'd like to know about were those days either side of Lyn disappearing.

A slight diversion, if I may ….. this murder of Colleen Adams.. 24, young mother, Husband murdered her, told everyone she left him and the babies and went off with a woman he didn't know.... 46 years. But he murdered her, and buried her in the driveway of the home.

Yet, he couldn't leave her. There he lived for the next 46 years, nearly half a century, with his young wife's body decomposing right in front of his face, summer, winter, spring autumn... the kids growing up, riding bikes over her, skates, pogo sticks, skippy ropes... keeping up the lie, accepting the sympathy, no doubt lots of practical help, companion ship of other disaffected men who's wives ' leave' them .

Yet , he couldn't, wouldn't leave the premises. I cant make up my mind which is the most significant, that he couldn't leave the location or he couldn't leave the body, having no practical way to take it with him..... …

His story is so familiar, isn't it?.. it's like a standard script these sorts of chaps produce every *advertiser censored**ing time!... they don't even have enough imagination to ping out something original!...

ALWAYS, the bottom line is, I am the victim here, not my bolting wife. I demand the compassion. All of it. For the rest of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88