Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel he didn't know where it was and didn't have to hunt for it. He would deal with it once he was off work and started to stage the scene. IMO
I agree Davia18, I don't think CW knew where SW's cell phone was and he didn't have time to search for it. That is why I think definitely that SW was sleeping on the couch upstairs in the loft and her phone made its way between the cushions. I saw a photo of the upstairs couch on SW instagram account and I know it is the loft area sectional couch based on the fact that the formal living room couch set at the front of the home and the family room area beside the kitchen have different couch sets. The sectional couch in the loft area has loose fitting cushions that can be moved around versus affixed cushions that don't move. Therefore the cell phone could easily be lost behind a cushion if someone was sleeping or sitting on the couch. IMO SW was sleeping on the couch and put her phone between cushions or beside a cushion and then something occurred that caused the cell phone to be no longer in view.

Despite not wanting to open this can of worms on the FB videos, I confess to watching most of them. I viewed a ton of attentiveness to the children. Was every single decision exactly what I would do? Maybe not. But there is a ton of love and caring about feelings in those videos. The fact that she found temper tantrums of her two toddlers exasperating or even funny at times does not seem to be out of line with other mothers of toddlers, particularly when you spend most of your time with them. But that is my opinion.

I agree. If you cater to every 'upset' that a toddler has, you end up with children who cannot wither the storms. She did a great job taking her child down to the windows to watch the thunder, as opposed to just comforting her, which ultimately teaches the child that thunder is something she should fear.

JMO

Awwwwww that's a shame but at least you managed to get it in twice. Well Done :) You may need a more new ipad.

Edited: Oops sorry meant to say new ipad not mature new ipad, dang spelling!
For some reason this is the only website that lags like that. I think it’s how overloaded the server gets. Lol

I've waffled on this but because of him disposing of the girls in the tanks and him burying SW in a grave and making it to work that morning I'm leaning towards planned. Did he make it to work on time and all cleaned up? Except of course that nasty what appears to be a bite mark on his neck.
Thankfully I have flexi-time, but with all good intentions of getting out of the house on time in the morning, sometimes things go wrong.
Mainly because of 'Bathroom Wars' with teenagers. As long as they get to school on time :)
However, I can't even imagine being up all night with the events which have occurred. Sorry to be blunt, but after 'what happened', in any way, shape or form, concealing and piling my family's bodies into a truck, disposing of them (sorry), arriving at work afterwards all fresh eyed and bushy-tailed, preparing to clean the scene afterwards, getting caught too early, then to give press interviews, etc.
I'm tired just thinking about it. Most people would be a quivering wreck :confused:.
MOO, JMO, MOO

www.weldsheriff.com/apps1/dailyCalls

The website says not all calls for service result in a report, so not all are listed. The only well being check shown for the wee hours is 1am in Boulder - too far to be in the general area of SW's home. So if the call was made, either the call did not result in a report, or a different agency responded.

ETA "if" the call was made, since I don't have a link to the article where it was mentioned.

ETA again to add the link to the sheriff's dept and clarify which call, since the quote I replied to didn't show up. Was looking for the call about the dog whining/keening. Also looked for NUAs call while at it.

NUA call is on police department website (with follow-up charges) linked earlier. Did you find on sherriff site also?

I agree Davia18, I don't think CW knew where SW's cell phone was and he didn't have time to search for it. That is why I think definitely that SW was sleeping on the couch upstairs in the loft and her phone made its way between the cushions. I saw a photo of the upstairs couch on SW instagram account and I know it is the loft area sectional couch based on the fact that the formal living room couch set at the front of the home and the family room area beside the kitchen have different couch sets. The sectional couch in the loft area has loose fitting cushions that can be moved around versus affixed cushions that don't move. Therefore the cell phone could easily be lost behind a cushion if someone was sleeping or sitting on the couch. IMO SW was sleeping on the couch and put her phone between cushions or beside a cushion and then something occurred that caused the cell phone to be no longer in view.
He could have called it or used find my iPhone. Also Apple Watch had a function to ring your iPhone if you can’t find it even if the ringer is off. I doubt he buried her Apple Watch I wonder where he ditched it.

Here is one thing that really stands out to me, about what is wrong with CW's supposed 'reasoning.'

His defenders say, when asked why CW didn't just call 911 after he had to try to stop his wife from killing the children-----" He didn't think the police would believe him."

Ok, fine.

So instead of calling them and having them look at the evidence, of what she had allegedly done, which should have cleared him....Instead---

...He disposed of the bodies, in such a way that it will likely negate mitigating evidence, and he comes up with an even more ridiculous story to try and sell to the police...

He decides to tell them that his wife and girls just took off after an 'emotional conversation' --without the car or the kids meds, and without telling anybody else where they were going...

Why would he choose to cover up the truth, which could be corroborated by physical evidence, in order to try and sell them a lie, that had no supportive evidence at all?

Here is one thing that really stands out to me, about what is wrong with CW's supposed 'reasoning.'

His defenders say, when asked why CW didn't just call 911 after he had to try to stop his wife from killing the children-----" He didn't think the police would believe him."

Ok, fine.

So instead of calling them and having them look at the evidence, of what she had allegedly done, which should have cleared him....Instead---

...He disposed of the bodies, in such a way that it will likely negate mitigating evidence, and he comes up with an even more ridiculous story to try and sell to the police...

He decides to tell them that his wife and girls just took off after an 'emotional conversation' --without the car or the kids meds, and without telling anybody else where they were going...

Why would he choose to cover up the truth, which could be corroborated by physical evidence, in order to try and sell them a lie, that had no supportive evidence at all?
This ^^^^^^^^

Thankfully I have flexi-time, but with all good intentions of getting out of the house on time in the morning, sometimes things go wrong.
Mainly because of 'Bathroom Wars' with teenagers. As long as they get to school on time :)
However, I can't even imagine being up all night with the events which have occurred. Sorry to be blunt, but after 'what happened', in any way, shape or form, concealing and piling my family's bodies into a truck, disposing of them (sorry), arriving at work afterwards all fresh eyed and bushy-tailed, preparing to clean the scene afterwards, getting caught too early, then to give press interviews, etc.
I'm tired just thinking about it. Most people would be a quivering wreck :confused:.
MOO, JMO, MOO
Yeah, his appearance was shocking. If he had 10 hours sleep, and had just come back from a health spa, he couldn’t have looked more fresh and put together.

With all he had done, he probably looked the same as he normally did.

Pretty chilling.

I find it disturbing when a murder victim is being unfairly maligned as an abusive parent/spouse, while giving a proven liar and murderer the benefit of the doubt.

IF CW had called 911 AND tried to save the girls, I would strongly consider whether he was actually innocent of killing his girls. Even though I'm not personally giving much (if any) consideration to the infinitesimally small chance that CW is telling the truth, I'm cool with those who want to explore that possibility.

Obviously, the jury will see all the evidence and consider this unprecedented series of events to decide whether CW is telling the truth.

We are all eventually going to know for certain who really killed those girls, but somehow I don't think that will stop the criticism of SW and looking to her for what triggered it all rather than focusing on who was solely responsible and did it for his own selfish reasons. JMO

It was on the Monday afternoon when NUA was still there, affadavit seemed to say.
Could be by Coonrod, CW or even NUA who found it amongst those cushions.
This is RE: When and where was phone discovered.

I seem to remember phone was found the afternoon NUA got involved. I think the LE asked if they could retain the phone after it was located, and Chris gave his permission. It's just a guess, but I would imagine NUA, upon discovering SW and girls missing, would have dialed SW's phone and they discovered her phone behind cushions on couch in loft. JMO on most of it.

I believe the first walk through when NUA was there. I could be wrong though :confused:
Went back to the affidavit and is ambiguous about the cell phone as to who actually located it whether it was LE, NU or CW because it doesn't state in the affidavit who actually found it just that it was located in that area described as loft area couch between two cushions. It also states in affidavit that Det Baumhover, the officer who arrived at 2:35 pm after Officer Coonrod had arrived 55 minutes earlier. It states that SW cell phone was in the loft area and that Det Baumhover learned LATER that the cell phone was found between two cushions on loft sofa. So I assume whomever found SW's cell phone if it wasn't Officer Coonrod, alerted the officer and then the cell phone was placed somewhere in the loft area for further inspection. When Det Baumhover arrived he was briefed at some point about the cell phone's location but I get the impression based on the affidavit that Det Baumhover did not learn of the cell phone's discovery location until LATER. How much later? Maybe means nothing but it is curious as to who found SW's cell phone presumably NU, CW and LE were looking through the home all at the same time. Further, why did the detective find out LATER where the cell phone was discovered?

https://mediaassets.thedenverchanne...66.968662190.1537323071-1351606201.1534867774

This is RE: When and where was phone discovered.

I seem to remember phone was found the afternoon NUA got involved. I think the LE asked if they could retain the phone after it was located, and Chris gave his permission. It's just a guess, but I would imagine NUA, upon discovering SW and girls missing, would have dialed SW's phone and they discovered her phone behind cushions on couch in loft. JMO on most of it.
ITA. All LE had to do was call the number and they likely did. JMO

His lawyers would never allow it, and there’s no benefit for either side. The DA and LE know he did this, and the test wouldn’t be permissible in court. There’s absolutely no upside for anyone.

RE: Lie Detector test

"IF" I was truly innocent of murdering my two little babies, I would be screaming for one. JMO

He could have called it or used find my iPhone. Also Apple Watch had a function to ring your iPhone if you can’t find it even if the ringer is off. I doubt he buried her Apple Watch I wonder where he ditched it.

Someone remarked earlier (I apologize for not remembering who) that calling it or using Find my iPhone or what have you would have left an electronic trail that he tried to do those things. It would look strange if he was calling or pinging his wife's phone between 4-5 am when according to his first story everything was just hunky dory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd