GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

This may have already been posted here, if so please disregard. I'm watching (online) "Deadly Women" on Investigation Discovery. Season 12 Episode 1 "Married Today, Gone Tomorrow" It is about this case and Molly's ex (Keith) is on the show helping to narrate. It says the premiere date is today's date but I've found those dates to be inaccurate so I can't tell if this is new or not. Just wanted to put this here in case it is new and others want to watch it.

ETA: It is the first 15 mins or so...not the entire episode.

Last edited:
watch

This is my first post here, although I have been a long time lurker on this site. I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who has posted here and all of the information that has been provided. There is so much here, I believe MM should have faced 1st degree and due to the lack of blood on both of them, Jason most likely was attacked while he was drugged and sleeping.
MM's plan went wrong because Jason woke up, and tried to defend himself and that's when TM got involved after the damage was to great. Instead of calling for help, TM just helped to finish him off and come up with the foolish self defense and abuse.
Speaking from the experience of my first marriage, when the abuser left, I was happy, happy and more happy and greatly relieved, as I felt I was trapped and there was no way out. That is all I thought about the last year of my marriage, how do I get away from this person intact. So if Jason was leaving, she should have been happy to see him go and then get a lawyer to see what she could gain financially.
But people like MM know how to pick out the most vulnerable to prey on, people like Maginn who had health problems, but lucky for him not enough money, and Jason who was grieving the loss of his first wife. There is no way Jason had a hand in his first wife's death, and the proof of that is he went to her grave every day. That wouldn't make sense if he had abused and hurt his first wife.
Just my own honest opinion.

Crime Watch Daily have just aired a program on this case and included more of the police interviews. It shows pictures of his original boxer shorts. It is split into three parts on their FB page.

Crime Watch Daily
Thank you for posting this. I just watched all three parts, it really is a must see, especially since it has snippets of both MM and TM's police interviews and the skype interview the DA did with JC.
Search "molly martens corbett" | Crimewatchdaily.com

Thank you for uploading.

What on earth possessed that jury foreman to give that interview..... how foolish...

Is anyone in the US able to access the NC Court of Appeal website to see if they can download the appellate briefs? I know the transcripts will be too big to download but if the briefs are only 10,000 words (appx 20 pages) I would think they would be easily accessible.

Is anyone in the US able to access the NC Court of Appeal website to see if they can download the appellate briefs? I know the transcripts will be too big to download but if the briefs are only 10,000 words (appx 20 pages) I would think they would be easily accessible.
I downloaded the brief and tried to add the pdf file to this post, but it says it is too large. It is 50 pages, I have the file saved on my pc, but not sure how to send it to you or download it to this site. If anyone is interested let me know how to either post it here, or send it to you.

I downloaded the brief and tried to add the pdf file to this post, but it says it is too large. It is 50 pages, I have the file saved on my pc, but not sure how to send it to you or download it to this site. If anyone is interested let me know how to either post it here, or send it to you.

I would definitely be interested. Could you upload on google drive (or sonething similar) and post the link? One of the mods might be able to give better advice.

Here is the link for the appeal brief file for TM and MM
Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files
Not sure if this will work as I haven't used google drive before, let me know if you can't access it

Hey Robbird618 thanks for trying but I think this link just opens Google Drive...you need to post the link to the actual document within the drive that you want to share if that makes sense? If you rightclick on the document it should give you the option to share.

Hey Robbird618 thanks for trying but I think this link just opens Google Drive...you need to post the link to the actual document within the drive that you want to share if that makes sense? If you rightclick on the document it should give you the option to share.
Thanks

sccoa.pdf
Link for appeal briefs, let me know if it doesn't work

Thanks Robbird...it's a fascinating read.

A couple of things stand out.

With regards to the witness testimony atesting to state of mind. Surely the reason that the co-worker testimony was admitted was because the State was able to present the witness to testify to a conversation they had partaken in, but they rejected the defense testimony because a) MM wasn't testifying herself to confirm that she had in fact stated 'Please don't hurt my Dad' ...and b) the 'Fitzpatrick Statement' was unreliable as Mr Fitzpatrick was unable to be called as a witness. (even if we ignore the fact he retracted his statement)

They refer to Stacey Blue (SB) as an 'uninterested witness' when we all know she was quite a vocal supporter of MM right the way through the trial on social media. That IMO makes her statement questionable, and given the fact she could not hear what they were discussing, makes me consider the relevance of her statement.

The statement from the alternate juror is worrying, however, their overarching argument regarding jury selection is a stretch. They have taken a simple statement from Aamland regarding 'private conversations' and taken a massive assumption that this referred to conversations outwith the deliberation room. Surely this is the first question he was asked when he was called before Judge Lee to explain himself?

The juror comments regarding MM's mental health were made in an ABC interview once the trial concluded - AFTER the jury had the opportunity to research the defendant's online and after some of them met the Corbett family. Surely this cannot be considered when assessing what evidence they took into consideration during the actual trial?

Did the overkill presented by the prosecution not rebut the fact that MM was not the aggressor? From what we understood here, the overkill negated the fact that the defendants could use a self defense defense, so therefore, by proving the overkill, the prosecution in essence proved that MM was the aggressor.

In regards to the 'Fitzpatrick Statement' what onus would have been on Judge Lee to understand the truthfulness of the statement by TM? Surely the fact that the prosecution would show that TM had lied as to when Mr Fitzpatrick apparently told him this information, and the fact that there was a legal document from Mr Fitzpatrick denying the statement would have to have been taken into consideration? Otherwise defendants could introduce anything they liked at trial to try to convince the jury as to their state of mind.

I would love to see the trial transcripts...were the defense not allowed to question James on his analysis in court? They could have used this information to discredit his entire testimony...or presented their own blood spatter expert to offer the jury another alternative?

WHAT ABOUT THE BRICK????? Does that not contradict MM's statement as to what happened??

Interested to read MM's Brief now!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back