The most adorable black and tan coonhound arrested

CARIIS

Former Member
Reaction score
Breaking now...

AP - A three year old black and tan coonhound was arrested earlier and charged with Counter climbing in the first degree.

According to witnesses the suspect was caught red pawed with a spatula in her mouth . According to witnesses the suspect appeared quite excited while attempting to remove the spatula off the counter for a delicious licking episode.

Witnesses describe the suspect as a precious coonhound - she has earned the name of "rascal" at times.

Initial forensic analysis indicates that the spatula in question was loaded with delicious spaghetti sauce motivating the crime.
Initial reports indicate that the spatula did suffer from teeth mark damage . Investigators report that no other cooking items were damaged as a result of early intervention in the crime.

The suspect posted bond of 47 milk bones and is now on dog house arrest .

Her attorney , Mr. German. Shepard has plead not guilty for his client.

Detective Dachshund is investigating.

According to arresting documents the charge has a maximum sentence of 4 years in the dog house.

Stay with WagWitness news for the latest .

Last edited:
In solidarity.
dog-with-paw-in-air.jpg

http://pet-u.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/dog-with-paw-in-air.jpg?x55671

A few years back my parents & sister lived next door to each other. My Dad's dog would sometimes go to the fence & indicate that he wanted to play with my sister's dog.

My Mom was a great cook (miss you, Mom) and left a pie to cool on the counter & left for some shopping.

Dad's dog "invited" Sis's dog over.

Neither Dad nor Sis saw anything unusual in this.

Later, it was discovered that Dad's dog, older Gordon with arthritis issues, led young Great Dane over to the pie up on the counter. Great Dane cooperatively removed pie from counter and shared with Gordon Setter.

Mom returned from the store.

Both dogs found napping in a ray of sunshine, far away from the kitchen & the kitchen counter.

Far away from the empty very clean pie plate & licked-clean floor.

Both feigned ignorance of any missing pie, ever.

Oversight of cooling pie was reviewed, security measures created. :rolleyes:

Not sure if you can manage to take a pie to the Rainbow Bridge?

The warden ( Officer Terrier) has requested that the prison booking agent, (Sgt Barbet) take alleged counter climbers mugshot this afternoon.

It remains to be seen if I can then figure out the rest! I did not get Cari avatar on here!!

I came running to this story yesterday when you posted it. I grew up with coon dogs. I’ve been around coon hunters all my life. Black &tans, Redbone, blue ticks. My dad has hundreds of championship trophies from competitions. The coon was never hurt. The thrill is the dog treeing the coon. Anyway, thanks, CARIIS.

“A Florida sheriff's deputy has posed for a selfie with a raccoon after authorities were called in to help remove the furry creature when it broke into a woman's home.

The 'masked bandit' raccoon broke into the home in Palm Harbor near Tampa on Wednesday.

It quickly scurried into the bathroom and perched itself on top of the cabinet when the homeowner's dog started racing around barking.

The resident tried coaxing the raccoon down with food before eventually calling authorities for back up.

The sheriff's department posted the selfie on Facebook, saying: 'A masked bandit!! A Pinellas County citizen was quite surprised to find this furry intruder in her home when she woke up!'

Authorities were eventually able to safely shoo the raccoon out a nearby bedroom window.”
upload_2018-9-22_10-58-37.jpeg
upload_2018-9-22_10-59-2.jpeg

She is an amazing breed. I have had dogs all my life since childhood.

I rescued her. She was described as Shepard mix. After about three weeks - she just was not like any other doggie I had.

I started playing around on line. Coonhound was as close as I could get.

It explained so much about her differences.

Stuff that came into line. When she sniffing it is not like others. I learned about trailing vs tracking.

When her nose is activated it is a frenzy. It goes white.

It is much more like a tornado track than a hurricane one. My other babies got a scent in an area - she hones in.

I then kept learning. Most dogs have like 150 million recptors in their noses. Pure hounds have 300 million while the coon comes in at around 275 million,

That explained much of what I was experiancing. It is totally different. I know a doggie (If I am paying attn to her attn! something is coming before it ever gets in veiw!

The breed buries itself for sleep . This is I love watching. She is completly ( the bed is a disaster at all times) buried.Coming into the bedroom with a doggie treat - about 10 feet away from her buried, it is instnat response. I mean instnat!

Sh comes roaring out from underneath. Its like having doppler radar instead of old types of radar.

Smart - (creates anxiety) . When he wants to go toward a dog (most doggies pull) . She must have a choke collar or she would be gone long ago!

Instinctively they rear up (trying to climb the tree for the coon) - but that is what she does for anything. She is not pulling - she is rearing and going behind me - guess what happens - the choke collar gets loose!

I have learned that I have to stay behind HER to keep that from happening!

The baying was irritating at first but as she matured it came down a notch in tone - but her initial bark at something often makes me jump (like a boo!) it loud fast and curt!

Stubborn- your pretty much at loss when the nose is on max intensity. Nothing matters , a command a sirloin steak ground round - your effed !

It is instinct. I have learned it is not disobedience - it is hard wiring. And learning that I can be outwit. Pops ain't no spring chicken. She knows all she has to do is hit a certain speed in the living room and she is going exactly where her nose wants her to - not me!

Whoever had her docked her tail. i don't like that on pain levels but it ads character. I ask her always where she put her tail!! She wont tell me!

I will try to get a pic of this too. Cracks me up! She has two little swirls of fur on her rear end. One on the left and one on the right. It looks exactly like the space shuttle!

A solid rocket booster on the left - one on the right - while the main rocket is exactly what you think it is !!

Just like the space shuttle.

Another amazing thing (it really is cell division) if you cut her perfectly in half everything matches up perfectly. On each side. The exact hair colorings, a little spot on the left is on the right.

Most doggies do that - but I have never seen both left and right perfect exact matches! Anywhere on the body.

The counter climbing is not destructive -- it is licking and walk away!! Her reach is unreal

Over time I learned that she knows her ideal counter opportunities are when the shower is running!

I have tried , when I am not taking her with me , at times to get dressed without her in view. I have learned she can hear and smell particles of shorts moving in the air.

Cant get away with putting on shorts without her coming barreling in - she associates shorts with going out -- before the leash activity. I do think it is hearing the shorts being moved ! I do!

After I slowly realized this I checked out several times - and sure enough if she is another room and shorts are taken out she comes barreling in. It has to be connected to either smell or hearing. I actually think it is hearing.

I reversed it and did the shirt first - and sure enough - so there is some connection to the sounds of putting shorts or a shirt on -- but she does respond the same way as all my other doggies did to the actual leash!

there amazing little noses and ears

Trainling

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail