TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered his apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it can be proven she gained access inside his apartment via illegal means, there can be no felony murder. And if it can be proven she did gain illegal access, that's 1st degree..
Respectfully snipped for focus.
If she was a part-time security guard there (yes?) then she may very well have had a master key...and used it. It will be very interesting to see if this is the case.

The story being a fairy tale upon being proven false means M-1.

The fact is her telling it would have been a felony after the fact and not a crime she committed while doing M1.

Felony murder? Nope.

We don't know. Either way, I disagree with manslaughter. This may or may not have been premeditated. We don't have enough information.

And if she did, or knew enough about the key system including maybe access to confidential data, to have slick 16 year old or herself program one, it would be M1, not felony murder.

Respectfully snipped for focus.
If she was a part-time security guard there (yes?) then she may very well have had a master key...and used it. It will be very interesting to see if this is the case.

Who knows? We could consider her walking into a house, to be "Breaking and Entering"? Can anyone waltz into a house, and say, "Sorry, wrong house", after killing the occupant? Could that be considered a "Home Invasion"?

The felonies she would have committed to accomplish her M1 or M2 would be separate felony charges. Felony murder is a very specific charge with elements well defined.

If she broke into his house and people believed she really thought the house she broke into was hers, and she dropped her gun upon seeing a dark shadown in her house she just broke into, which in turn went off killing him, that would be felony murder except it cannot because she broke in knowing it wasn't hers no matter what anyone thinks.

She shot him with intent to kill him....this is another problematic issue with any felony murder theory you may be able to put together.

Review felony murder and I'm sure many good online summaries of it are close at hand.

Who knows? We could consider her walking into a house, to be "Breaking and Entering"? Can anyone waltz into a house, and say, "Sorry, wrong house", after killing the occupant? Could that be considered a "Home Invasion"?

She was in uniform. She would have still had her radio. If so, her radio would have been more accessible than her cell phone. And would have allowed for her to provide medical assistance while on her radio.

BUT... then again... the world could have pulled up the radio transmission on Broadcastify's archive and not have to wait for someone to decide if the 911 call should be released.

Also... she says she gave a command. But no one has said what the command was.

Possible "let me in" counts as a command in this strange world we're living in?
Yeah like, "put that cereal bowl down!"
I guess residents in Dallas need to fear eating cereal in their own homes at this point? This needs to be explained, doesn't it?

Amateur opinion and speculation only

Yeah like, "put that cereal bowl down!"
I guess residents in Dallas need to fear eating cereal in their own homes at this point? This needs to be explained, doesn't it?

Amateur opinion and speculation only

The next demonstrators in Dallas need to parade in boxers, with cereal bowls. Have Chex, Will Travel.

Absolutely spot on! It certainly appears by nearly all actions she demonstrated a culpable state of mind acting adverse to forthright calculated solely to buy enough time to get help reverse engineering a story (ooops! stories) to fit the crime.

She was cunning and calculating enough to do that.........

She was in uniform. She would have still had her radio. If so, her radio would have been more accessible than her cell phone. And would have allowed for her to provide medical assistance while on her radio.

BUT... then again... the world could have pulled up the radio transmission on Broadcastify's archive and not have to wait for someone to decide if the 911 call should be released.

Last edited:
I just cannot fathom what Botham went through when he was in his own home relaxing when out of no where a woman barges into the sanctity of his home and fires upon him. The sheer terror of being shot knowing that you are going to die and not knowing why. My God.
All because a selfish mentally unstable woman ( yes mentally unstable).
Too bad that she was tired from her few extra hours of overtime. She knew prior to swearing under oath to become a public server, she would be expected to perform overtime.
So she was well aware that upon clocking in each and every workday, circumstances may occur that would lead to more than an 8 hour day.
Just like I knew that and my co-workers knew that. Your errands, gym time and other things are planned on your days off unless you were lucky enough to get out after 8 hours in a workday, then you could go to the gym, shopping or whatever after work. Either way, you always have to be alert. ( if you have a question about this please ask me)
We planned ahead, yes you plan your sleep time. It was our responsibility to ensure that we took steps to be alert and aware on and off the job.
Our job was public safety, we knew that overtime would occur on any given workday,we knew that prior to accepting our job.
In order to protect the public, it is your duty to adjust and conform to the demands of the job on and off duty.
Sorry so long I could have gone on longer.

Chief Brown (Retired DPD Chief) said from the beginning that the Department handled this the wrong way. I believe him.

Got a source on that? I'd like to read what Chief Brown says because he absolutley is right. I'm curious how in depth he went in explaining to an ignorant and gullible public that really doesn't know anything more than the controlled main media outlets (who are typically sock puppets for a few select entities) tell them they know and how to think about it.

As far as I'm concerned, DPD and the Rangers indeed appear to have assisted, and remain assisting, in concealing and mitigating her crimes.

I'm assuming the radio from the other officers that night weren't on the broadcastify archives?

Got a source on that? I'd like to read what Chief Brown says because he absolutley is right. I'm curious how in depth he went in explaining to an ignorant and gullible public that really doesn't know anything more than the controlled main media outlets (who are typically sock puppets for a few select entities) tell them they know and how to think about it.

As far as I'm concerned, DPD and the Rangers indeed appear to have assisted, and remain assisting, in concealing and mitigating her crimes.

Yeah, I think I posted this a few days ago. Its brief and at the end of the video. But i remember a few instances that he was super transparent and I felt like he really cared about the people in Dallas

Oh, forgot the link. lol

Questions unanswered about the investigation of Botham Jean shooting

Last edited:

I'm assuming the radio from the other officers that night weren't on the broadcastify archives?
They are on there as well as both rescue 4 and 6.

Chief Brown (Retired DPD Chief) said from the beginning that the Department handled this the wrong way. I believe him.

In government, what happens is that the errors get compounded so quickly, that then, management, instead of coming clean, and admitting the mistakes, collude with each other on the cover up. As long as management and the union stay united, in silence, these things will continue. And no one speaks up, for fear of retaliation. Whistleblowers, know what happens when you rat out...believe me, no one hands you a golden reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752