CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This confirms some theories upthread. “After further investigating, authorities confirmed #MatthewWeaver was NOT seen in #Simi off Stearns (In N Out) on Friday night (8/10/18)”.

Wow so that now throws the timeline off even more. This case has a lot of misleading information. I noticed right now in the article from the the local Malibu that they used infrared equipment to search for him that night and didn’t find anything. I found another article on what that equipment does and that they use it to find hikers and for LE activity. I wonder if this is why they ruled him not being in the area?

Suspicious Circumstances Surround Disappearance of Matthew Weaver in Malibu Canyon Area Plagued By Shootings - The Local Malibu

Not him but use for the infrared technology

Heat Image on Infrared Scope Led to Hiker's Body

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow so that now throws the timeline off even more. This case has a lot of misleading information. I noticed right now in the article from the the local Malibu that they used infrared equipment to search for him that night and didn’t find anything. I found another article on what that equipment does and that they use it to find hikers and for LE activity. I wonder if this is why they ruled him not being in the area?

Suspicious Circumstances Surround Disappearance of Matthew Weaver in Malibu Canyon Area Plagued By Shootings - The Local Malibu

They NEVER used infra-red to search for Matthew

They NEVER used infra-red to search for Matthew

According to the second article I posted it’s not to late to use it. If I was the family I would push for it especially if LE misinformed the family. :( That’s such a bummer I can’t believe they didn’t use it. You would think that they would want the case solved.

Last edited:
Modsnip
According to the second article I posted it’s not to late to use it. If I was the family I would push for it especially if LE misinformed the family. :( That’s such a bummer I can’t believe they didn’t use it. You would think that they would want the case solved.
I would think that almost 6 weeks later infra-red would not be useful anymore.

This article goes past 50 days deceased.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.he...ared-cameras-and-maggots-are-solving-murders/

Here is another one that says 4-5 months

https://upsondowns.vpweb.com.au/upload/Forensic Investigation.pdf

I also just found out you can buy them for cheap. More research would need to be done to see how far they work but intersting. It’s recommended to use at night.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...s-serp..1.12.533...0j41j30i10k1.0.NYYxCDUzPrQ

Last edited:
It would be nice to know the real facts. This is so different from what we've learned before.

But still, none of this changing landscape makes Matthew Weaver any less missing or less missed by his loved ones.

*modnote*/ nope, not a verified insider

I can tell you that the information I have given is factual and it is just like you said, regardless of what Matthews life was like or going on in it, he is still someones child, brother, uncle, family member and above all a human being who deserves to be found and this case solved.

*modnote* / discussing and non verified info

As it stands now, a witness would look at the posted info and say, 'Oh, I was up there in the morning but this guy didn't get there till about 10pm so it couldn't have been him.'

Now we're over a month out from his disappearance. Valuable time has been lost by allowing incorrect info to circulate.

Oh, my! What’s odder yet, is that in the description under the video they put the link to an article from the Simi Valley Acorn which reports of a male suicide victim found in a park, but the article clearly says the man is unidentified but “police said it is not Matthew Weaver Jr”. Did the youtuber misread the news story, you think?

I have no idea. I dont understand any of this anymore. I feel like the community is being mislead intentionally. Some very public information is being kept from everyone to protect the reputation of this very popular hiking / hangout, in my opinion.
It is my belief that he may have been located at this point but pending confirmation. There were two coroner vehicles at the scene which could mean more than just one body. Not to mention, bodies are popping up everywhere in this area. I dont think ive ever seen another missing persons case get this misconstrued.
And can someone tell me how the Acorn already knows that the remains found were from a suicide? I thought there was only bones located at the site. How would they know this before the coroner has determined the cause of death?
And which of these missing persons did they determine to be suicidal because i never once was led to believe that any of these possible identities had ever been suicidal. And that is based on LE and media reports.
In fact, this area seems to be plagued by murder, not suicide.
What a mess!!!

While posting a reply upthread to JustJo, I noticed a change in Matthew’s flyer, however there was no explanation on the flyer for the change. I found it on Twitter on #MatthewWeaver.

Wow!!! This is ridiculous!!!!

I honestly do not believe they actually used this equipment, but rather claimed that they did. I really dont believe anything LE is informing to the media at this point. Too many inconsistancies.

LE is spinning a web of lies. Infrared would have only been useful when they heard someone calling out in distress. Theres no way this was used then and i dont believe it was used at any time during this investigation. LE wasnt displaying much concern over Matthew's disappearance, thats why there is little to no news articles based around the actual date he went missing on the 10th. News articles didnt begin surfacing until after the 15th and that was because the family was forced to speak out about the lack of LE involvement. It wasnt until then that LE was suddenly showing interest. This is based on the families facebook posts in regards to getting no help from LE and very little media covering this ordeal.

LE wasnt displaying much concern over Matthew's disappearance, thats why there is little to no news articles based around the actual date he went missing on the 10th.

FWIW, Malibu SAR posted photos of their search operation on their FB page right after their first searches on 11 August. I think in the comments the family posts with specific info about Matthew and doing more searches.

However, the events leading up to his disappearance were never made clear, which is unfortunate because some people who follow Malibu SAR (and people who tag their friends) are very active in the mountains and might know something or alert someone who knows something.

FWIW, Malibu SAR posted photos of their search operation on their FB page right after their first searches on 11 August. I think in the comments the family posts with specific info about Matthew and doing more searches.

However, the events leading up to his disappearance were never made clear, which is unfortunate because some people who follow Malibu SAR (and people who tag their friends) are very active in the mountains and might know something or alert someone who knows something.

Possibly the only search that was conducted in immediate response. But that was not by way of LE, they showed no concern from what i gathered.

I dont really know why so many lies have been offered as details in this disappearance but i do know that false information is not going to help anyone locate a missing person. Seems all parties involved have not been accurate with the details leading up to Matthew's disappearance which could have really hurt this investigation from day one. The outcome could have been better than where the case lingers in limbo now.

Possibly the only search that was conducted in immediate response. But that was not by way of LE, they showed no concern from what i gathered.

I dont really know why so many lies have been offered as details in this disappearance but i do know that false information is not going to help anyone locate a missing person. Seems all parties involved have not been accurate with the details leading up to Matthew's disappearance which could have really hurt this investigation from day one. The outcome could have been better than where the case lingers in limbo now.

The question is why and to what benefit? So many of us want to help, however we need accurate information by all parties connected to the missing person in order to be useful.

I have no idea. I dont understand any of this anymore. I feel like the community is being mislead intentionally. Some very public information is being kept from everyone to protect the reputation of this very popular hiking / hangout, in my opinion.
It is my belief that he may have been located at this point but pending confirmation. There were two coroner vehicles at the scene which could mean more than just one body. Not to mention, bodies are popping up everywhere in this area. I dont think ive ever seen another missing persons case get this misconstrued.
And can someone tell me how the Acorn already knows that the remains found were from a suicide? I thought there was only bones located at the site. How would they know this before the coroner has determined the cause of death?
And which of these missing persons did they determine to be suicidal because i never once was led to believe that any of these possible identities had ever been suicidal. And that is based on LE and media reports.
In fact, this area seems to be plagued by murder, not suicide.
What a mess!!!

That body has been confirmed not to be Matthew.

The question is why and to what benefit? So many of us want to help, however we need accurate information by all parties connected to the missing person in order to be useful.
The problem with this investigation is that the law enforcement says one thing to the contact person for the family who in turns tells another, who tells another and by the time it is finished the story is not totally accurate anymore. There are multiple family members who are putting out fliers and information and it is causing confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member