Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been hard to keep up but I’ve been giving this some thought and I hope I can explain it right so here goes... I think Shanann turned her video on sometimes to record C.W. bad behavior if he wouldn’t stop. Like at the checkers game. There was nothing pleasant there. Maybe that was something she did as a defense mechanism against what she perceived as unacceptable language or tone. IDK just another thought on their relationship.
But what would be the point of belittling your spouse in front of your coworkers other than to publicly humiliate him? I get uncomfortable when I see parents do that to children.

Not much of a front yard at all. The area on the right as you’re looking at the house has no grass at all, just pebbles and a walkway between the house. I don’t know about the other side.
I could swear there was a house and a walkway on both sides of their house, but I could be wrong.

My assumptions at the moment for what they are worth.
1. CW wanted freedom
2. CW murdered the babies before SW got home
3. CW ambushed SW - no visible injuries on CW
4. CW did not to deal with the financial aspects of child support, etc for the next 2 decades.
5. CW wanted to ride off into the sunset with AF.
6. No 911 call but horrible burials for the victims he murdered.

Why did CW have unprotected sex with SW if he did not want to have another child with her? Why didn't he get fixed?

I think it all boils down to freedom to move on and financial freedom.

BBM

I speculate that CW's relationship with the AP might not yet have come to fruition around the time of conception.

Over a short period of time, I believe the conversations CW had with the AP turned from him venting, to ultimately about his motivation to separate from SW. I believe he became infatuated with the AP, and this was a tactic on his part to convince the AP that he was committed to putting an end to his marriage and moving on from his family for good. All the while, I don’t believe SW was aware of any desire for separation.

CW and the AP would continue spending time together, and through his lies and manipulation, the AP fell deeper into a relationship with CW. Based on his stories, at a certain point she was likely led to believe that he was a separated man, or at least seriously in the process of it.

I believe that shortly after professing to the AP that he was actively separating from SW, it was discovered by CW that SW was pregnant. This was a crushing blow to CW. After finding this out, CW realized that he was deeply in yet another lie, although this one was very different since it involved the AP, who was his ticket to freedom.

If there would be any better time for him to begin ruminating on an exit strategy, this would have been it.

JMO.

But what would be the point of belittling your spouse in front of your coworkers other than to publicly humiliate him? I get uncomfortable when I see parents do that to children.

Their relationship worked both ways. Her turning on the camera to record him might keep him from saying and doing the next mean thing. But if she belittled hm you can be sure he belittled her.

I live in the fields so I don't know about HOA fees. I know I pay like ten dollars a month for trash pickup through one of my utility bills. I thought HOA fees covered landscape maintenance. I guess I am wrong.

My assumptions at the moment for what they are worth.
1. CW wanted freedom
2. CW murdered the babies before SW got home
3. CW ambushed SW - no visible injuries on CW
4. CW did not want to deal with the financial aspects of child support, etc for the next 2 decades.
5. CW wanted to ride off into the sunset with AF.
6. No 911 call but horrible burials for the victims he murdered.

Why did CW have unprotected sex with SW if he did not want to have another child with her? Why didn't he get fixed?

I think it all boils down to freedom to move on and financial freedom.
Hi @Kensie, your bullet points are definitely plausible and inexcusable by CW but the one that I am trying to grapple with is the idea that CW did not want to deal with the financial aspects of child support and therefore is the reason for pre-meditating and murdering his daughters and SW. I just can't make the connection between CW planning to murder his daughters or wife for the sake of paying alimony or child support and getting his freedom. If CW divorced SW which he could easily do, he would essentially be free of SW and have his freedom from SW to be with the AP or anyone else he chooses. Nothing in the evidence to my view prior to the murders, shows CW had any animosity or resentment towards his children.

Edit to add: nothing in the evidence to my view prior to the murders, shows SW had any animosity or resentment towards her children either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or: SW "My husband is a genius" when he leaves his phone in the garage on Christmas Day, while he sits in a Santa Costume with the kids scared and crying.
Ok, she was sarcastic with him as well. I didn't see any form of abuse with the Christmas video. It was just their dad in a freaking Santa costume, no reason for her not to encourage them to be unafraid. I've seen far worse at amusement parks when parents force their kids on thrill rides before they are ready and the kids end up bawling afterward.

I live in the fields so I don't know about HOA fees. I know I pay like ten dollars a month for trash pickup through one of my utility bills. I thought HOA fees covered landscape maintenance. I guess I am wrong.

You are on the right track, as part of the fees also pay for upkeep of the common areas, like the pretty plantings at the entrances, the medians, etc.

Bluff, I hope I am wrong about the CS and other financial issues, but why did he not just pack a bag and leave. Why not file for divorce?? The murders are why I think he wanted financial freedom. It is so hard to wrap your head around this case, just so tragic.

Or: SW "My husband is a genius" when he leaves his phone in the garage on Christmas Day, while he sits in a Santa Costume with the kids scared and crying.
I can see the other side of this. SW put a lot of effort into planning and putting that Santa visit together. She wanted it to be perfect. She got the Santa suit, she bought the gifts and Santa’s bag, she arranged with her parents to be there at a certain time for the live fb experience. She wanted to create a big, happy Christmas with loving memories for her family. So Chris walks through the door wearing his Santa costume and utters the most I don’t want to be here HoHoHo he can. He clearly wasn’t enjoying himself. The kids pick up on his negativity and get scared. CeCe is too young to figure out what’s going on. Bella wants to please her Mama. But nobody is happy. Shanann reminded Chris ahead of time to bring in his phone but either he wasn’t listening or he intentionally sabotaged her. His passive aggressive attitude and lack of cooperation ruined the whole thing. Shanann felt let down and disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member