Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - I feel the same way as you. The majority have their minds made up and don't appear to want to hear or be open to any other possibility.
jmo
For me it just doesn’t rise to the level of verbal abuse, and she posted so many others praising him, they don’t carry that much weight. Verbal abuse is “You’re a fat pig, you’re a lazy, shiftless, good for nothing loser, ugly dog, you’ll never amount to anything. ” Maybe she was a little unkind, but people are short with one another sometimes. I’ve heard a million people talk to one another like that when they’re frustrated and annoyed. If he had said that bothers me, I’m sure she would have said she was sorry, and maybe add, “but come on, I asked you to bring your phone! You weren’t listening.” I know I’ve busted my husband for not listening to me a thousand times, and he’s busted me for not listening to him. Sometimes when it happens plans can really get messed up, and it can be annoying when you’re depending on someone to come through for you. Are all the videos that praise him meaningless to you?

It was n’t her imperfect life that concerns me. It is that there is no attempt to comfort the children.

I understand thata few years ago we did not inderstand the impact of adult’s actions on children’s lives.

We are learning more and more all of the time because of corrisol levels and the ability to scan brain acrivity.

There is a lot of research out there. I think that posters that have education in this kind of research are the ones concerned . It freaks me out now.

Years ago, I may have done the same as SW with my children. But nowadays we know more and more about children and adults as well. We have better information about what is needed by children and adults.
You make good points, and personally I would not have put children in that position. I did not like that video.

That said, what that man has presented to the world, that he is a liar, a cheater, and admittedly murdered his wife and unborn son Nico... outweighs perhaps bad judgement of a mom trying to create a perfect Christmas. JMO

Other debt would probably be negotiated. I am sure they would have sold the home. SW had a lot of options it appears with a supportive family. I personally would choose to have her options than CW's in terms of how it would have probably shaken out.

Why? He wanted out. If he did not want to see the kids, he could be an absentee dad. There are plenty out there. And if he stuck with his new gf, she has a great job,

He could start over in a smaller house, do what he wanted and never worry about having any responsiblities with the kids,

I’m not sure what you mean. That makes even less sense. He killed her. It would be even weirder if he managed to restrain her, and then not get any kind of help for his kids, and - - then - cold bloodedly kill his wife.

If he restrained her, that would be the perfect time to call 911 for an ambulance! Scream, run to the neighbors with baby Celeste in his arms, begging for help. Something. Anything!

It makes no sense and I know of no precedent for such a story.

You would save your kids. That would be your number one goal. I’m not sure group psychosis is a proven phenomen and it’s really hard to believe they both went insane at the same time.

From his confession, she was “actively strangling” Celeste.

He could have saved her. At least given it a red hot go. And he didn’t,

No calls to 911 were made. The neighbors heard nothing,
Exactly, no 911 calls were made. Now basic common sense would tell us, if you witnessed your spouse killing your children and your reaction was to kill the spouse, would your next step be to call 911 or gather up all of the dead bodies, hide them and then lie about it the next day? I pity his lawyers.

I don't do DB, but I know I had read it/heard it somewhere. Then I never heard whether they were with the girls or if they were ever found.

I just did a search exercise of Websleuth forum here, and found the first mention of missing blankets was on August 15th, (although The Daily Beast article was on the 18th.)

The post was made by Lisettenhodel and said

"No shoes were missing only the baby blankets were missing and the beds were unmade"

So I am thinking that it was from a video that Nicole did that we saw early on, as I recall her talking about the beds being unmade in the video.

I doubt SW reaped much of a profit from her first home sale because it was at a time when housing had crashed and was struggling to recover.

Bankruptcy taints the credit of both spouses. Even if SW's name wasn't on the mortgage, her name was on the deed and liens have to be satisfied. I think both spouses take a financial hit at a divorce because they both have to set up households to accommodate themselves and three children. My state no longer assumes the mother is the better custodial parent. The goal now is 50/50 custody. I have no idea if this is true in CO. JMO
Yes. The bankruptcy would have hurt for a period of time. I think they may have made limited profit from sale. We do not know if there were liens nor do there appear to be. He is on the hook to pay for the house. She is not. That would be their biggest money issue and he is on the hook for it, not her.

It was n’t her imperfect life that concerns me. It is that there is no attempt to comfort the children.

I understand that a few years ago we did not understand the impact of adult’s actions on children’s lives.

We are learning more and more all of the time because of cortisol levels and the ability to scan brain acrivity.

There is a lot of research out there. I think that posters that have education in this kind of research are the ones concerned . It freaks me out now.

Years ago, I may have done the same as SW with my children. But nowadays we know more and more about children and adults as well. We have better information about what is needed by children and adults.
I don’t think it’s fair to judge SW so harshly over this one Santa video. If the child was hurt, of course. But she may have been tired and cranky and crying all afternoon. Maybe Shanann knew she needed to go to bed, but she was already committed to seeing this Santa thing through. There are so many videos of that little girl joyfully laughing and dancing, I can not say that she was neglected or abused based on this one video.

I recall several things reported by 4 different Denver news stations that I cannot find now as well. All this was before CW confessed. I cannot help with your question but I too have the same questions. It also appears that some of those same news channels may have paraphrased some info early on misleading us and were not true. Sigh......
NUA said when she dropped off SW she went in the door'\, turned and waved and closed the door . No mention of CW

I understand that a few years ago we did not understand the impact of adult’s actions on children’s lives.

We are learning more and more all of the time because of cortisol levels and the ability to scan brain acrivity.

And that may all be true, but SW did not have the benefit of your experience and education.

I can see the other side of this. SW put a lot of effort into planning and putting that Santa visit together. She wanted it to be perfect. She got the Santa suit, she bought the gifts and Santa’s bag, she arranged with her parents to be there at a certain time for the live fb experience. She wanted to create a big, happy Christmas with loving memories for her family. So Chris walks through the door wearing his Santa costume and utters the most I don’t want to be here HoHoHo he can. He clearly wasn’t enjoying himself. The kids pick up on his negativity and get scared. CeCe is too young to figure out what’s going on. Bella wants to please her Mama. But nobody is happy. Shanann reminded Chris ahead of time to bring in his phone but either he wasn’t listening or he intentionally sabotaged her. His passive aggressive attitude and lack of cooperation ruined the whole thing. Shanann felt let down and disappointed.
I agree with you.

CW acted like a passive-aggressive little punk.

Why? He wanted out. If he did not want to see the kids, he could be an absentee dad. There are plenty out there. And if he stuck with his new gf, she has a great job,

He could start over in a smaller house, do what he wanted and never worry about having any responsiblities with the kids,
We keep talking about the new girlfriend, but she’s not out there defending him. I’m guessing she is horrified and embarrassed by what he’s done and would rather crawl in a hole. I don’t get the feeling she loves him that much.

Yes. The bankruptcy would have hurt for a period of time. I think they may have made limited profit from sale. We do not know if there were liens nor do there appear to be. He is on the hook to pay for the house. She is not. That would be their biggest money issue and he is on the hook for it, not her.
The mortgage holder would be a lien holder. Another would be the civil case the HOA had filed. And I totally disagree that a spouse is not responsible to pay off the mortgage when the house sold. They owned the property jointly and were married when it was purchased. JMO

NUA said when she dropped off SW she went in the door'\, turned and waved and closed the door . No mention of CW

How long was she gone? Two days?

If my husband had to get up and go to work early, I would not want him to wait up for me. She was not gone long enough for any kind of longing kiss kiss reunion.

I think he did grow to despise her. The lack of any violence in the house seems like there was no screaming confrontation.

He did have a few hours to reformulate a plan if he did have one .

So many mistakes and silly scenarios that makes me wonder if there was a plan.

But as I said before, liars have no idea of how ridiculous they are. But no one has commented on his lying so I am confused.

Mom who killed kids after husband asked for divorce gets 120 years in prison
Many times women snap when feel as if they are being abandoned
I have yet to see a link to a case like the Watts family. This link is about a woman who has stewed with murderous thoughts for at least 2 days prior to killing her children, that's when her husband asked for a divorce, she left her husband alive so he could suffer, this was her intention.

This link is more related to CW imo, he's the one who was with his children for 2 days while SW was away. SW returns home to CW at nearly 2 am, she's been away having a good time, Lord knows how he felt being left with 2 children who were described as a handful.

He'd had 5 weeks of complete freedom before being plunged back into reality! Freedom suited him, no more crying or demanding children, not another mouth to feed coming into the world, no wife nagging him to do stuff, no more Thrive, a big house to entertain his OWN guests! Lots of resentment there, imo.
CW wanted out, and chose the most heinous way possible.

I can see the other side of this. SW put a lot of effort into planning and putting that Santa visit together. She wanted it to be perfect. She got the Santa suit, she bought the gifts and Santa’s bag, she arranged with her parents to be there at a certain time for the live fb experience. She wanted to create a big, happy Christmas with loving memories for her family. So Chris walks through the door wearing his Santa costume and utters the most I don’t want to be here HoHoHo he can. He clearly wasn’t enjoying himself. The kids pick up on his negativity and get scared. CeCe is too young to figure out what’s going on. Bella wants to please her Mama. But nobody is happy. Shanann reminded Chris ahead of time to bring in his phone but either he wasn’t listening or he intentionally sabotaged her. His passive aggressive attitude and lack of cooperation ruined the whole thing. Shanann felt let down and disappointed.
I have a understanding of passive aggressive( will leave it at that). Watching the santa video, I see a different
take on the situation. SW wanted to create a memorial Christmas. Putting a great deal of effort in Christmas.
Bella wasn't feel well, CeCE wanted nothing to do with Santa, CW did a poor job of being Santa. I understand SW
being disappointed how everything turns out. But, I wonder about the passive aggressive behavior.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member