AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, DW was Car 1 & DNV is Car 2. It is unknown for sure who Car 3 is - it could be DW again or it could be complete strangers (to DNV, at least).

I'm in the camp that says this was involuntary, and I don't believe that DW had anything to do with this. I do not believe that DW was in Car 3 and that he made Danni and her car disappear while he was driving to the Dublin. That doesn't make sense.

Car 3 is someone who may have followed Danni. This was her first day with a car, so the first day that she might be alone at night driving around.

Whoever abducted her and took her car knew about the GPS system at the moment they met her at the gas station. That's not something that most people think about, but whoever took her car was thinking about disabling the GPS before leaving the Shell station.

I would like to know if anyone phoned her after 10:45 that evening.

I think it's very likely that Danni and DW were going somewhere together - although he does not want what they were doing to be made public. That's his right.

They pull into the Shell station to discuss the phone, and they are on their way to The Dublin to collect it when something prevented Danni from leaving the Shell station. Car 3 is not DW. Car 3 is someone who knows about the GPS and who wants to make Danni and her car disappear.

It might be helpful to request that a public statement be made as we have seen happen in many other cases. It makes this process so much easier. Just an idea for your consideration.

We requested a public statement to be made yesterday (or the day before). The Detective on the case told us that he would but not now and he did not give an ETA.

I'll toss this out there for any of the people that might have known DNV. Had anything significant happened in her life in the past few months that might have involved receiving a significant amount of money that might have put her at risk for abduction? Could she have been a witness through her job tending bar to some conversations about a crime or criminal situations that could have put her at risk? Did she have any enemies? Had the custody situation become untenable and she was threatening to remove CT from AL? Could DNV have unwittingly shared some information with someone that then used this information to threaten people that were either powerful or dangerous or both? These are just random ideas. I am sure random abductions and carjackings do occur but from all the searching I've done are actually quite rare. What could DNV know or what might she have seen or heard that could have resulted in an involuntary abduction? While the car had value on the black market if the car were the only goal the carjackers would have kicked DNV to the curb at the Shell station or whereever the event took place. They didn't do this. They kept DNV. Why?

I think it's very likely that Danni and DW were going somewhere together - although he does not want what they were doing to be made public. That's his right.

They pull into the Shell station to discuss the phone, and they are on their way to The Dublin to collect it when something prevented Danni from leaving the Shell station. Car 3 is not DW. Car 3 is someone who knows about the GPS and who wants to make Danni and her car disappear.
I agree with this idea as based on the low quality info we have it seems the most logical of the ideas so far IMO.

Regarding the question of whether this is a homicide investigation, regardless of why this was turned over to the homicide division, it is the case:

"The case of missing woman Danniella Vian, 23, has been handed over to homicide detectives, according to a Mobile Police Department spokesperson.

However, those working the case say that there is no information suggesting that Vian has been killed."​

Missing Mobile woman's case handed to homicide detectives

"Mobile police say it is now a homicide investigation, although evidence of a homicide has not yet been determined."​

Young Mobile mother missing, homicide detectives now involved

I'll toss this out there for any of the people that might have known DNV. Had anything significant happened in her life in the past few months that might have involved receiving a significant amount of money that might have put her at risk for abduction? Could she have been a witness through her job tending bar to some conversations about a crime or criminal situations that could have put her at risk? Did she have any enemies? Had the custody situation become untenable and she was threatening to remove CT from AL? Could DNV have unwittingly shared some information with someone that then used this information to threaten people that were either powerful or dangerous or both? These are just random ideas. I am sure random abductions and carjackings do occur but from all the searching I've done are actually quite rare. What could DNV know or what might she have seen or heard that could have resulted in an involuntary abduction? While the car had value on the black market if the car were the only goal the carjackers would have kicked DNV to the curb at the Shell station or whereever the event took place. They didn't do this. They kept DNV. Why?

These are great questions, most of which I don't have an answer to.

However, what I do know:
  • TT says that DNV served DW while she was working (didn't say which job, though - she had 2 at the time of her disappearance and had worked other positions in the restaurant industry prior to). There's always the possibility she could have served others that would have put her at being a witness to a crime or the conspiracy thereof.
  • The custody situation was not untenable, at least not that JDT knew of. Part of DNV's goals list was to be able to spend more time with her daughter and try to regain 50% custody then work her way towards full custody.

I agree with this idea as based on the low quality info we have it seems the most logical of the ideas so far IMO.

I don't see any logical reason to push the theory that Car 3 is DW when we already know where DW was after he left the Shell station.

He left the Shell station at 11:07 and drove to The Dublin. Police would have verified his timeline.

Furthermore, if Car 3 is DW, then Danni drove away at 11:24 and is voluntarily missing. Homicide detectives don't investigate the disappearance of people who are voluntarily missing. There is no reason to believe that Car 3 is DW.

Car 3 is a third party who knew about the GPS and wanted to disable it before leaving the Shell station.

I don't see any logical reason to push the theory that Car 3 is DW when we already know where DW was after he left the Shell station.

He left the Shell station at 11:07 and drove to The Dublin. Police would have verified his timeline.

Furthermore, if Car 3 is DW, then Danni drove away at 11:24 and is voluntarily missing. Homicide detectives don't investigate the disappearance of people who are voluntarily missing. There is no reason to believe that Car 3 is DW.

Car 3 is a third party who knew about the GPS and wanted to disable it before leaving the Shell station.
Then the real target was most likely DNV and not the car ?

The apartment issue/rent issue was raised originally in the context of how the interests of missing DNV were being protected by the T family. We have people that are sitting on $5,000 that didn't see that preserving an apartment for a period of time might make sense for any number of reasons. I wonder how this entire sequence of events will eventually be explained to a daughter years from now when she asks what happened to my mom and where are her things? What will the response be? Oh honey she was evicted and the police put all her things on the curb? Can you see how the perception of these actions plays out to people looking at this situation from afar? It looks shady AF IMO.

Hopefully the MPD processed the scene and took any evidence they believed to be relevant to the case. As pointed out by @Alethea it is a shame that the entire apartment hasn't been preserved as evidence. As outsiders looking in on this entire situation with DNV and the T clan I would hope that you would be sensitive to the outsiders perception of what happened to the apartment. DNV and her personal effects were essentially evaporated. We don't yet know if any related activity took place there but maybe eventually we will find out in any future litigation. I can't speak for anyone else but for myself but I have to say that I cannot believe that the removal of any of DNV's personal effects was legally accomplished. What seemed to have happened seems contrary to anything I have ever learned about leases and access to a rental apartment. The initial stories about the event seems to related to taking furniture and TT belonging that were at the apartment and now we have a different story entirely. I've spoken to the issues of character and integrity and I have to say at least on the issue of the apartment their appears to be little IMO. I agree.

Lets move on, but this apartment issue won't be forgotten.

Yes. It’s odd, to say the least.

It wasn't done immediately upon her disappearance. The eviction process had already been started and that in itself is not a process that can be initiated & finalized in the same week/month; the management company would have to give time for DNV or next of kin to catch up on rent if they so chose to do so.

I don't know for sure but I believe the cleaning out of her apartment was within the last week or two.

She’s only been missing 2 months. I can’t believe all of her belongings and residence has already disappeared. I can’t think of another case where this has happened so soon.

There are a lot of boarded-up and "for lease" stores along the street next to the Shell Station. Have people searched in these junk yard / overgrown backyard areas? There seem to be a lot of places where two cars could pull in away from cameras and active surveillance. The whole service road looks desolate for a few blocks.

These are great questions, most of which I don't have an answer to.

However, what I do know:
  • TT says that DNV served DW while she was working (didn't say which job, though - she had 2 at the time of her disappearance and had worked other positions in the restaurant industry prior to). There's always the possibility she could have served others that would have put her at being a witness to a crime or the conspiracy thereof.
  • The custody situation was not untenable, at least not that JDT knew of. Part of DNV's goals list was to be able to spend more time with her daughter and try to regain 50% custody then work her way towards full custody.
This is interesting information. The DNV/DW connection had been known and it seems that they had partied together in the past. I think it would help everyone move on to have a definitive statement about the whereabouts of TT during the evening of and days following the disappearance of DNV. As we are outsiders I think you can appreciate how difficult it is to ask a simple question and receive multiple answers of which none can be verified. Clearly no answer is required but I hope you can understand our confusion as to the total lack of clarity around this issue. The question is a basic one and is of importance given the aforementioned stats on person of responsibility in cases similar to this one.

Then the real target was most likely DNV and not the car ?

I think so. By taking the car, it was perhaps supposed to look like she left by choice.

Based on her June 17 mind-map goals, the one significant change that Danni was making in her life was to regain custody of her daughter. She had a car, she was preparing a bedroom for her daughter, she was planning to take her daughter to school each day - everything was about creating a happy little family for her and her daughter.

As soon as she had a car and was alone at night, it seems that she was ambushed by someone whose first goal was to disable the GPS. Whoever ambushed her probably didn't know that she was planning to meet DW at The Dublin 20 minutes later - which put a dent in the possibility that she left by choice.

There are a lot of boarded-up and "for lease" stores along the street next to the Shell Station. Have people searched in these junk yard / overgrown backyard areas? There seem to be a lot of places where two cars could pull in away from cameras and active surveillance. The whole service road looks desolate for a few blocks.
I recall one of the early comments from a detective on the case that I haven't seen since that single interview. He said that the area had been looked at around the Shell station. But unlike other missing cases we haven't seen any organized searches in the case other than what was seen at the Dykes family property related to the arrest of Jason Corey Dykes. From the beginning in this I think we might have simply assumed that LE knew what had happened and didn't see any reason to bring in dog, drones or search parties. The Chief did call this an unusal missing case so perhaps that means no searches required? IDK but this is one strange case. Person disappears but nobody searches?

This is interesting information. The DNV/DW connection had been known and it seems that they had partied together in the past. I think it would help everyone move on to have a definitive statement about the whereabouts of TT during the evening of and days following the disappearance of DNV. As we are outsiders I think you can appreciate how difficult it is to ask a simple question and receive multiple answers of which none can be verified. Clearly no answer is required but I hope you can understand our confusion as to the total lack of clarity around this issue. The question is a basic one and is of importance given the aforementioned stats on person of responsibility in cases similar to this one.

It's odd that TT would know how Danni met DW, yet TT and DW didn't know each other. TT and Danni must be really close if she discussed customers with him?

I recall one of the early comments from a detective on the case that I haven't seen since that single interview. He said that the area had been looked at around the Shell station. But unlike other missing cases we haven't seen any organized searches in the case other than what was seen at the Dykes family property related to the arrest of Jason Corey Dykes. From the beginning in this I think we might have simply assumed that LE knew what had happened and didn't see any reason to bring in dog, drones or search parties. The Chief did call this an unusal missing case so perhaps that means no searches required? IDK but this is one strange case. Person disappears but nobody searches?

Where would they begin their search? She and her car are missing, so it's most likely that she and her car were taken an unknown distance in any direction away from the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998