GUILTY PA - Christy Ann Mirack, 25, E. Lampeter Twp, 21 Dec 1992 *Arrest*

Who is Raymond 'DJ Freez' Rowe, the man charged with killing Christy Mirack in 1992?
Rowe's preliminary hearing is scheduled July 9 with District Judge Denise Commins
"Rowe was arrested in July 2001 after police raided the Chameleon Club looking for underage drinkers. He was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

A judge put Rowe in the county’s Accelerated Rehabilitation program in May 2002. He completed 50 hours of community service, paid a $650 fine and court costs and was on probation for one year, according to a previous LNP report.

He then filed a civil suit against a series of Lancaster County government and law enforcement officials in 2003, including then-mayor Charlie Smithgall, then-city police Chief William M. Heim and several detectives in the Lancaster County district attorney’s office.

In the suit, he asked for more than $150,000 in compensatory damages, saying that he suffered severe injuries from his head to feet. The suit alleges the raids violated Rowe’s civil rights. It was dismissed and settled in 2004, according to records from the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District.

Rowe married his fourth wife in January 2013. The woman, who is from Ukraine, has a daughter who was born before she moved to the United States. She is the office manager of Freez Entertainment, according to the website.

Rowe's preliminary hearing is scheduled July 9 with District Judge Denise Commins."

Last edited:
Christy Mirack’s brother: Arrest in cold case “hard to believe”

Vince Mirack received a phone call from the Lancaster County District Attorney's Office Monday afternoon.

After more than two decades seeking answers, they called him to notify him someone was in custody in connection to his sister's murder.

“It was shocking...I just couldn’t believe that after all these years, we finally got that call that someone is in custody,” said Mirack.

On Monday, authorities say Raymond Rowe, 49, was arrested in connection to the 1992 cold murder case of Christy Mirack.

Social media followers of Raymond 'DJ Freez' Rowe say posts were increasingly negative
Jun 29, 2018

Did Raymond Rowe sense police were on his trail?

Is that why, as some have said, he became increasingly opinionated and agitated in social media posts over the past few months?

Rowe, 49, was charged Monday with criminal homicide in the killing of Christy Mirack, a case that has been unsolved for more than 25 years.

[...]

Social media followers of Raymond 'DJ Freez' Rowe say posts were increasingly negative

Can anyone give about 10% of this article - it's blocked for me per EU rules:

Hearing continued for Mirack's alleged murderer

His hearing on 7/9 might be continued....

TIA!

“LANCASTER — A preliminary hearing for a Lancaster man accused of strangling to death a 25-year-old former Coal Township woman in East Lampeter Township more than 25 years ago has been continued.

The July 9 hearing for Raymond Charles Rowe, 49, of 249 Whittier Lane, who is charged by Detective Christopher M. Erb of the Lancaster County District Attorney’s Office with a felony of criminal homicide, has been postponed until 9 a.m. Thursday, July 26, before Magisterial District Judge Denise B. Cummins.”

I can’t post anymore as it asks me to subscribe to read further.

Thanks Suglo! That's all I needed to know was the next date!

159x32px-LL-5024afad_niceday.gif

Police file rape, burglary charges against Raymond Rowe, accused of killing Christy Mirack in 1992
  • Jul 20, 2018
"Six more felony charges have been filed against Raymond Rowe, the man recently charged in the 1992 killing of Christy Mirack, court records show.

In a docket filed Friday, Rowe is charged with three counts of rape, two counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and one count of burglary...."

Police file rape, burglary charges against Raymond Rowe, accused of killing Christy Mirack in 1992

christy-mirack-01-ht-jc-180626_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WGAL special delves deeper into Christy Mirack case (with videos/transcript)

"...WGAL's special report, Chronicle: Music & Murder, examines the history of the case, from the day Mirack's body was discovered to the announcement about the charges.

"We're digging into the arrest in Christy Mirack's murder a quarter of a century after her death," WGAL Anchor Ron Martin said.

WGAL also delves into the technology that led investigators to Rowe and takes a look at his background. You'll also hear from members of Mirack's family, who have been waiting for an arrest since her death in 1992.

An on-demand version of our entire Chronicle has been posted here. You can watch all four-parts by using the links below...."

WGAL special delves deeper into Christy Mirack case
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woman who dated alleged killer Raymond 'DJ Freez' Rowe asks, 'Why not me?'

She keeps asking the same question: Why wasn’t it me?

A photo of 25-year-old Emily Noble shows a bright, hazel-eyed face framed with full, blonde hair.

Side by side, her features look eerily similar to those of Christy Mirack, a 25-year-old schoolteacher brutally killed in her East Lampeter Township home in 1992. Mirack's potential killer had been nameless up until a few weeks ago when investigators charged 49-year-old Raymond Rowe in her death.

[...]

DJ charged in 1992 killing of Lancaster teacher waives hearing

LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) -- The Pennsylvania man charged with the 1992 sexual assault and strangulation of an elementary school teacher has waived his right to a preliminary hearing.

Raymond Rowe was scheduled to have a preliminary hearing in Lancaster County Court Thursday (7/26), and his attorney did not immediately return a request for comment.
[.....]
Prosecutors say a formal arraignment where Rowe will enter a plea will take place on Aug. 24 and he remains held without bail.

DA to seek death penalty for Raymond Rowe, who's accused of killing Christy Mirack

"The Lancaster County District Attorney's office is officially pursuing the death penalty against disc jockey Raymond “DJ Freez” Rowe, who is accused of the brutal 1992 sexual assault and killing of 25-year-old schoolteacher Christy Mirack....

The next step in the court case is a formal arraignment scheduled for Aug. 24, at which Rowe will be advised of his rights and asked to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty...."

Friday, August 24th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 9am ET) – PA – Christy Ann Mirack (25) (Dec. 21, 1992) – Raymond Charles Rowe aka “DJ Freez” (49/24 @ time of crime) arrested (6/25/18) & charged (6/26/18) with 1 count of murder & charged (7/20/18) with 3 counts of rape, 2 counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse & 1 count of burglary. No bail. DA will seek DP (8/6/18).
Used GEDMatch identification from DNA.
Pretrial from 7/9 was continued to 7/26; which he waived on 7/24/18.

7/20/18 Update: DA files 6 more felony charges: 3 counts of rape, 2 counts involuntary deviate sexual intercourse & 1 count of burglary.
7/24/18 Update: Waives his right to a prelim trial (7/26/18), formal arraignment where he will enter a plea will be heard on August 24th.

Anyone find the next court date?

TIA! :)

“For more than 25 years, Christy Mirack’s murder was shrouded in mystery — longer than the beloved Pennsylvania schoolteacher was alive. Mirack was found dead in her home just a few days before Christmas 1992, strangled and badly beaten, her clothes askew as if she had been sexually assaulted. The presents she had collected for her students were never delivered.

This past June, however, popular local DJ Raymond “DJ Freez” Rowe, 49, was arrested in connection with Mirack’s brutal death — thanks to the melding of DNA technology and the work of an innovative crop of genealogists.”

Cold-Case Cure: Inside New Era of Hunting Serial Killers – Rolling Stone

Anyone find the next court date?

TIA! :)
The only thing I could find is this sheet that says if he had a preliminary hearing on August 24, 2018 then his arraignment should be on Friday September 28, 2018. They don’t have online case management that I could find.

https://www.court.co.lancaster.pa.u...aring-Arraignment-and-Status-Conference-Dates

Edited to add that I see his arraignment was on 8/24/18 so according to this he should have a status conference any of the four dates they have depending on which Judge he is assigned.

The only thing I could find is this sheet that says if he had a preliminary hearing on August 24, 2018 then his arraignment should be on Friday September 28, 2018. They don’t have online case management that I could find.

https://www.court.co.lancaster.pa.u...aring-Arraignment-and-Status-Conference-Dates

Edited to add that I see his arraignment was on 8/24/18 so according to this he should have a status conference any of the four dates they have depending on which Judge he is assigned.
Good for him!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288