AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one other item I wanted to add. I have a very close relative that needed rehab on several occasions and cell phones were prohibited and/or very restricted. This is to maintain the privacy of other residents since most phones have cameras, prevent contact with friends who have addictions/drug dealers and not trying to better themselves, and also because the person is in rehab to get better. It is not a vacation. I am sure there are times where calls are allowed and of course I do not know the rules for every rehab, I just know the person I know did not have a cell phone available.

IMO Nothing about DW adds up to me - I'm sure LE knows more than we do...however, despite that, he has not been cleared.....sadly without finding DNV alive or her body...we may never know... :(

I think some of you know more than I do about DWs calls: who did he alert when she didn't show at Dublins - the rest of the party train at Ollies or someone else?

He called in morning (after somehow accessing phone) to call JDT - he did not say he was worried - doesn't seem he told the full story: he simply says he has 'this girls' phone....also find it very odd to say he thinks phone is 'important' because there's pictures of a little girl - HUH? Why does that make her phone important? Odd.....

One thing I'm wondering for those who saw the CCTV before LE had it pulled:
It's been said that there weren't any people moving between the cars, getting out of them, in them, etc. - is that a fact...OR
Is it that CCTV too murky to see if people moving between the cars?

First, if fact no one is moving between/in/out of cars: DW lying about DNV being out of her car....
but even more so: all the people of these events were always in their respective vehicles....so whomever dismantled DNV GPS was already in that car.....so no one from car #3 got out & did so, much less anyone from any car getting into DNVs that wasn't already there......

Suggests DNV may not having been driving since leaving Dublin's......(if you assume she did not dismantle GPS)

Also wondering how it is that DW, without a doubt is Car #2 (DNV is #1 right?) - however, it isn't clear if car #3 is DW or not......
I don't understand that - should be obvious.....I can only take it that car #3 parks in such a manner that it isn't clear in CCTV.....?

Possible DW drives off, comes back - maybe because DNV car not following...or some other need to communicate something...

I am open to idea car #3 is DW....but doubt it.
Sure wish Dublin's had CCTV - could see when he pulls in (not to mention see what went down in parking lot prior to leaving) - would have made easy to know if he could be car#3....

Fact DW lied, has the phone of a missing gal, who he just happens to be the last person to see her, he did NOT say he was worried on the 18th, distances himself, doesn't go back to check if she's okay, ditches his rental car...eh, I could go on & on.....until LE clears him as a suspect: I'm not......

I am hoping that more information will come out about JT - just because Danni wasn't found there doesn't mean there isn't some kind of connection....

I didn't know that TT had drug problems.

Why would Danniella choose to "get out of dodge" without her phone or her daughter? Why wouldn't she go to the police and report that she was threatened by crazed drug people?

She didn’t have custody of her daughter and probably wouldn’t want to be on the run with a 4 year old in tow anyway. She may have felt as though her child was safer with JDT. Again, her phone could be tracked. If she wanted to disappear and not be found, she wouldn’t take a trackable device with her.

IMO Nothing about DW adds up to me - I'm sure LE knows more than we do...however, despite that, he has not been cleared.....sadly without finding DNV alive or her body...we may never know... :(

I think some of you know more than I do about DWs calls: who did he alert when she didn't show at Dublins - the rest of the party train at Ollies or someone else?

He called in morning (after somehow accessing phone) to call JDT - he did not say he was worried - doesn't seem he told the full story: he simply says he has 'this girls' phone....also find it very odd to say he thinks phone is 'important' because there's pictures of a little girl - HUH? Why does that make her phone important? Odd.....

It's been said that there weren't any people moving between the cars, getting out of them, in them, etc. - is that a fact...OR

First, if fact no one is moving between/in/out of cars: DW lying about DNV being out of her car....
but even more so: all the people of these events were always in their respective vehicles....so whomever dismantled DNV GPS was already in that car.....so no one from car #3 got out & did so, much less anyone from any car getting into DNVs that wasn't already there......

Suggests DNV may not having been driving since leaving Dublin's......(if you assume she did not dismantle GPS)

Also wondering how it is that DW, without a doubt is Car #2 (DNV is #1 right?) - however, it isn't clear if car #3 is DW or not......
I don't understand that - should be obvious.....I can only take it that car #3 parks in such a manner that it isn't clear in CCTV.....?

Possible DW drives off, comes back - maybe because DNV car not following...or some other need to communicate something...

Sure wish Dublin's had CCTV - could see when he pulls in (not to mention see what went down in parking lot prior to leaving) - would have made easy to know if he could be car#3....

Fact DW lied, has the phone of a missing gal, who he just happens to be the last person to see her, he did NOT say he was worried on the 18th, distances himself, doesn't go back to check if she's okay, ditches his rental car...eh, I could go on & on.....until LE clears him as a suspect: I'm not......

I am hoping that more information will come out about JT - just because Danni wasn't found there doesn't mean there isn't some kind of connection....

Honestly, I do not think we know who has been cleared. We have been told some folks have been cleared by LE but LE has not said so publicly. DW could also be cleared and LE has decided not to make it public at this time. Until such at time as LE publicly states who exactly has been cleared I am going to assume that no one has been. Unless of course I missed a post where LE actually stated who was cleared. I really try to keep up with every page but could have missed some along the way.

He did say he was worried on the 18th. Go back to the timeline-
7/18 7:30 AM- DW calls JDT- hey I've got this girls phone. Instructed to drop it off at her place of employment.
7/18 unknown time, but before 12- DW calls JDT again and says TT had called looking for DV, he explained what happened to TT. DW tells JDT he's concerned about DV.
7/20 7:30 AM- DW calls JDT again and expresses concerns, agrees to meet at the station and give a statement to the police, and give JDT her phone.

Here's how it plays out in my mind from the DW didn't do anything scenario- DW really thinks they're going to look for her phone. He gets to Dublins, gets the phone. Waits a few minutes- either thread or FB group says DW texts the other two and says "I'm at Dublins, lost her along the way" or something along those lines. She doesn't show up so he goes to Ollies briefly before returning the rental car.

Next morning- he calls either last number dialed/texted in her phone or contact he thinks is most likely to know where she is. We don't know that he accessed her phone using her passcode, maybe she had someone listed as her emergency contact- I do in case I'm ever incapacitated and someone needs to reach my family- and you don't need a passcode to get to that screen. JDT says- take it to her work. TT calls before PF Changs opens, DW answers thinking DV is attempting to pick it up before work. Only it wasn't DV that called, it was TT. Somewhere between the 1st call to JDT and 2nd call- DW felt the need to call her back and say he was concerned. If he was concerned, maybe he wanted to lay eyes on DV himself to know she was actually okay and decides to hold onto the phone until she reaches out to get it- they obviously have mutual friends and there's email/SM/etc. Only DV doesn't attempt to pick her phone up. DW calls after 2 days of nothing and voluntarily goes to the station to give a statement.

Random, it's odd to me that both morning calls have a specific time, but the other doesn't. Like an earlier statement said- maybe he really didn't know she was following him until that exit. That specific exit has multiple lanes. In taking the exit, going towards the right- even if he didn't know who was flashing their lights at him, she could have pulled up directly beside him to say hey- I can't find my phone, do you mind helping me look or can you call it and see if it's in my car or call RC/MK and see if they've seen it/got it? If truly no one got out of any of the cars, then they communicated somehow.

Where did the term "party train" originate? Four people went out for a drink at The Dublin. Two people went to Ollies at 10:45, two didn't. That's hardly a "Party Train." In fact, the term "Party Train" implies drunken irresponsible party animals. There is nothing about Danni's disappearance that suggests a drunken irresponsible night. The term "bar hopping" has also been used. Where did that originate? The party of four were at one restaurant, two drove to another restaurant. How we use language is important.

No one has been cleared at this point.

We don't know what DW said to Danni's mother-in-law at 7:30AM, but we can assume that DW informed the mother-in-law that he had Danni's phone, that Danni did not meet him at The Dublin as planned to collect the phone at 11:30PM, and that he wanted to return the phone.

We know for a fact that Danni and DW drove to the Shell station. They were at the station together for less than 2 minutes, and made a plan to return to The Dublin to look for the phone. DW left the Shell station at 11:07. Danni was in the process of leaving when a third car pulled into the Shell station. Danni's car and the third car left 16 minutes later after her GPS was disabled.

If DW is Car 3, then DW and Danni disabled the GPS. They left the Shell station together at 11:24PM. The only reason for Danni to disable the GPS is because she is voluntarily missing - but the problem with that is that nothing else supports a voluntary disappearance. No one believes that she chose to disappear. Therefore, DW is not Car 3.

What did DW lie about?

She didn’t have custody of her daughter and probably wouldn’t want to be on the run with a 4 year old in tow anyway. She may have felt as though her child was safer with JDT. Again, her phone could be tracked. If she wanted to disappear and not be found, she wouldn’t take a trackable device with her.

BBM
On June 17, Danni mapped out what she needed to accomplish in order to have custody of her daughter, and she was in the process of achieving the goals on that list.

Of course she didn't want to go "on the run" with her daughter. If she was threatened by TT's drug friends (that is the hypothetical context of this comment) she would do the normal thing and report it to police.

Where did the term "party train" originate? Four people went out for a drink at The Dublin. Two people went to Ollies at 10:45, two didn't. That's hardly a "Party Train." In fact, the term "Party Train" implies drunken irresponsible party animals. There is nothing about Danni's disappearance that suggests a drunken irresponsible night. The term "bar hopping" has also been used. Where did that originate? The party of four were at one restaurant, two drove to another restaurant. How we use language is important.

No one has been cleared at this point.

We don't know what DW said to Danni's mother-in-law at 7:30AM, but we can assume that DW informed the mother-in-law that he had Danni's phone, that Danni did not meet him at The Dublin as planned to collect the phone at 11:30PM, and that he wanted to return the phone.

We know for a fact that Danni and DW drove to the Shell station. They were at the station together for less than 2 minutes, and made a plan to return to The Dublin to look for the phone. DW left the Shell station at 11:07. Danni was in the process of leaving when a third car pulled into the Shell station. Danni's car and the third car left 16 minutes later after her GPS was disabled.

If DW is Car 3, then DW and Danni disabled the GPS. They left the Shell station together at 11:24PM. The only reason for Danni to disable the GPS is because she is voluntarily missing - but the problem with that is that nothing else supports a voluntary disappearance. No one believes that she chose to disappear. Therefore, DW is not Car 3.

What did DW lie about?

I was very confused by the Party Train language. I was offline for a couple days during the last thread when it originated. I went back and could not find find out exactly where it came from. It was something that definitely threw me off for a bit until I realized it was just four people and two bars.

Our VI has said both TT and JDT have been cleared.......

All I know is, according to DW, he was going straight home...then at one, decides he needs to return his car - he wasn't planning to until after the Shell, after DNV doesn't show, after he was her phone......also: he arrived at Ollies @ midnight...stays a few minutes...that gives 45 minutes, possibly more wherein he is...where? How far is the car rental place?

The only person who knew something was wrong was DW: from the timeline posted earlier - when DW called JDT there was no mention of him saying he was worried, alarmed, concerned....so therefore JDT didn't think there was reason to be.
I have no idea why DW wouldn't call & make very clear he was worried, that the last time he saw DNV was close to midnight at closed gas station in a bad part of town.

Another thing was wondering: I thought one of the party train was DNVs closer friend...think initial is 'R'.....this person was at Ollie's right?

Wondering why DW didn't give R the phone? Wouldn't R know where she lived, where she worked....?
DW didn't have to go through JDT or her phone - he had R to help him.....
What I understand is the rest of the party train is mum about it all...
like to know if R ever went to her house to check on her -?
Fact is not only primarily DW, but the party train too knew something wrong had happened: none of them went to the police......it isn't until the 20th that JDT does...
I don't know: if my friend vanished the night before I'd be at that police station next day ASAP....

BBM
On June 17, Danni mapped out what she needed to accomplish in order to have custody of her daughter, and she was in the process of achieving the goals on that list.

Of course she didn't want to go "on the run" with her daughter. If she was threatened by TT's drug friends (that is the hypothetical context of this comment) she would do the normal thing and report it to police.

That's not true. There's always reports and research done to show that people who are truly scared and threatened don't go to the police.

I was very confused by the Party Train language. I was offline for a couple days during the last thread when it originated. I went back and could not find find out exactly where it came from. It was something that definitely threw me off for a bit until I realized it was just four people and two bars.

The language used to describe the evening of July 17 cast a kind of shady cloud over what really happened. When I first saw the terms "Party Train" and "Bar Hopping", I genuinely assumed that it was a crowd of 8 or 9 irresponsible people who were hanging out the windows of cars as they bounced from one bar to another all night long and ending with most people flat on their backs somewhere between the last drink and their cars. The image I had when I first read this discussion and now are very different.

This was not a "Party Train", and having drinks and/or snacks at two pubs is not "Bar Hopping" - especially since everyone was sober enough to drive at the end of the evening.

Our VI has said both TT and JDT have been cleared.......

All I know is, according to DW, he was going straight home...then at one, decides he needs to return his car - he wasn't planning to until after the Shell, after DNV doesn't show, after he was her phone......also: he arrived at Ollies @ midnight...stays a few minutes...that gives 45 minutes, possibly more wherein he is...where? How far is the car rental place?

The only person who knew something was wrong was DW: from the timeline posted earlier - when DW called JDT there was no mention of him saying he was worried, alarmed, concerned....so therefore JDT didn't think there was reason to be.
I have no idea why DW wouldn't call & make very clear he was worried, that the last time he saw DNV was close to midnight at closed gas station in a bad part of town.

Another thing was wondering: I thought one of the party train was DNVs closer friend...think initial is 'R'.....this person was at Ollie's right?

Wondering why DW didn't give R the phone? Wouldn't R know where she lived, where she worked....?
DW didn't have to go through JDT or her phone - he had R to help him.....
What I understand is the rest of the party train is mum about it all...
like to know if R ever went to her house to check on her -?
Fact is not only primarily DW, but the party train too knew something wrong had happened: none of them went to the police......it isn't until the 20th that JDT does...
I don't know: if my friend vanished the night before I'd be at that police station next day ASAP....

TT and JDT may be cleared, but that doesn't mean that someone tied to TT didn't have an interest in DV disappearing either. I feel like she must have known whoever was in Car 3, whether it was DW or friends unrelated to original trio she was with. If no one truly got out of the cars, she sat there with them for quite a while. 11:07 to 11:08 is only a minute, but when I'm following someone, it doesn't take a minute for me to pull out behind them. Her car didn't move, which tells me she recognized the car pulling in. I've never felt Car 3 was random.

That's not true. There's always reports and research done to show that people who are truly scared and threatened don't go to the police.

Just to keep this clear - it was suggested upthread that TT had dangerous drug friends who may have threatened Danni at the Shell station and, on that basis, she chose to disappear. I don't want anyone to suggest that I have made these claims about TT. I will, however, respond to this hypothetical suggestion.

You seem to be suggesting that Danni had a good reason to be afraid of TT's friends, especially because he has connections to drugs. Further to this, the implication is that the friends were so scary that she would be afraid to report the threats from TT's friends to police. Do I understand correctly?

The reason I do not think the "escape" until things cool down theory works is it sounds temporary. So escape for how long. For someone who was clearly working to make a better life for her and her daughter it would not be a very good idea. DNV wrote down her goals on paper which to me suggest she was serious and taking responsibility for herself/life. Also that we know of, she did not have any cash, bank accounts or means (except her car) to take care of herself in her escape.

Yeah - someone connected to TT - especially with this JD stuff.....doing what he did is serious stuff...makes you wonder who knew, who could be accomplices in this type of behavior.....JD may start spilling the beans if he isn't some lone wolf in all this....

If we knew no one exited any of those cars....no one then got into her car from 3# to drive or dismantle...then someone was in that car with her (I don't buy she dismantled herself to flee)......whomever that was - may have been in communication with car 3 - had a plan from leaving Dublins - speculation...but I'd sure like to have solid facts......

BTW: really want to say I appreciate everybody's insights! I'm glad that we all are trying to stand up for DNV and help as we can.....

Since we don’t know what happened, all theories on this thread are hypothetical. And we cannot say for certain what she would do with respect to leaving voluntarily vs reporting the threat to police. Reporting the threat is a he said-she said situation and often nothing comes of it, I.e. no arrest of the person issuing the threat. The end result is she has reported the threat and the other person walks free and she remains in danger.

The reason I do not think the "escape" until things cool down theory works is it sounds temporary. So escape for how long. For someone who was clearly working to make a better life for her and her daughter it would not be a very good idea. DNV wrote down her goals on paper which to me suggest she was serious and taking responsibility for herself/life. Also that we know of, she did not have any cash, bank accounts or means (except her car) to take care of herself in her escape.
Perhaps she had a friend or relative ready to take her in and ensure she was safe. And if her life was in danger, the goals would be secondary to her survival. There was a FB post by her biological mother that said she had wanted to disappear.

Not saying he had anything to do with it. Saying she could have been trying to sidetrack him so he would not
See her heading East or West on I10. And, if she wanted to disappear and not be tracked, she most certainly would not take her cell phone with her when she skipped town. Phones can be tracked. If this scenario were to be what occurred, it would explain DW’s statement that he did not know why she was following him. She may not have been following him... they could have unintentionally been on the same route but going to different places. And yes, he notified JDT the next morning, some 8 hours later, and she could have been in Texas by then...

I'm curious if he mentioned her not meeting back at Dublins to retrieve her phone or that he had her phone to RC or MK when he dropped by Ollie's. If he didn't know DNV that well but RC did I would think he'd just give the phone to him to get it back to her seeing as the phone had a password on it, unless he knew it he'd have to wait for someone to call it to answer and let them know he had her phone.

Just to keep this clear - it was suggested upthread that TT had dangerous drug friends who may have threatened Danni at the Shell station and, on that basis, she chose to disappear. I don't want anyone to suggest that I have made these claims about TT. I will, however, respond to this hypothetical suggestion.

You seem to be suggesting that Danni had a good reason to be afraid of TT's friends, especially because he has connections to drugs. Further to this, the implication is that the friends were so scary that she would be afraid to report the threats from TT's friends to police. Do I understand correctly?
In this scenario you could have a desperate TT that needed money to repay a loan or repay a dealer?

How many people in TTs life had money to help him out? His parents? Probably not, His friends? Probably in the same situation he was in. Other family? Unlikely IMO. He doesn’t seem to work and doesn’t have income unless he was dealing or working odd jobs. Who to put the screws to but the person that always was working and had cash and probably had saved him from similar situations before. Maybe DNV had had enough of this situation and decided to bail out of Mobile? IDK. Maybe she was being threatened by the people TT owed money to and maybe this entire situation was just some crazy plan to keep her safe concocted by TT and DNV?

Car 3 is still something that is part of this scenario. It seems that DNV if she were alive at the time and at the shell station didn’t seem threatened by car 3. Maybe it was car 3 that disabled the gps and allowed her to get is out mobile until things calmed down. This might account for family disregard for her apt, phone being missing and it’s no big deal and not reporting her missing until Friday when it was clear to them she wasn’t around on Thur. This all gives her a huge time jump to get far away.

I have been struck by the absence of typical emotion we see in these kinds of cases. The reason given for the ‘family’ searching was so that our granddaughter doesn’t have to do this many years from now. The response wasn’t tears and we love and and miss our beloved DNV. A consistent theme in the dialogue with JDT has been that any questions about TT are dismissed, ignored, attacked etc. but they are never directly answered. That’s all ok but when someone key to the life of a missing person has the issues that TT has then these questions become critical IMO.

The people in the party train have been analyzed to death and it doesn’t make much sense on the surface that they were part of any nefarious plan IMO.

Thank you! Regarding DW delivering Danniella's phone to a restaurant, imagine that you misplace your phone. A friend calls your family memberat 7:30AM to report that you and your phone are separated, that you missed an appointment to retrieve the phone at 11:30PM and that you are unreachable.

What does your family member do: tell the friend to take your phone to a restaurant where you work, tell your friend to drop it off at your house, ask your friend how to pick up your phone ASAP?

Any thoughts about Car 3 at this point are speculation because no one knows who it was. The whole point of the post was to attempt to look at the scenario from a different angle that would work with DW's story and take him out of scenario as someone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla