AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our VI has said both TT and JDT have been cleared.......

All I know is, according to DW, he was going straight home...then at one, decides he needs to return his car - he wasn't planning to until after the Shell, after DNV doesn't show, after he was her phone......also: he arrived at Ollies @ midnight...stays a few minutes...that gives 45 minutes, possibly more wherein he is...where? How far is the car rental place?

The only person who knew something was wrong was DW: from the timeline posted earlier - when DW called JDT there was no mention of him saying he was worried, alarmed, concerned....so therefore JDT didn't think there was reason to be.
I have no idea why DW wouldn't call & make very clear he was worried, that the last time he saw DNV was close to midnight at closed gas station in a bad part of town.

Another thing was wondering: I thought one of the party train was DNVs closer friend...think initial is 'R'.....this person was at Ollie's right?

Wondering why DW didn't give R the phone? Wouldn't R know where she lived, where she worked....?
DW didn't have to go through JDT or her phone - he had R to help him.....
What I understand is the rest of the party train is mum about it all...
like to know if R ever went to her house to check on her -?
Fact is not only primarily DW, but the party train too knew something wrong had happened: none of them went to the police......it isn't until the 20th that JDT does...
I don't know: if my friend vanished the night before I'd be at that police station next day ASAP....

BBM
What difference does it make whether DW decided to return his rental car at 1AM?

How do we know that DW did not express concern about returning Danni's phone when he contacted her mother-in-law?

By "Party Train", do you mean the man and woman that went to Ollies at 10:45?

Regarding taking responsibility for returning Danni's phone to Danni, or a member of her family, I don't see a problem with this. I would be more concerned if he gave the phone to a drunk at a bar, or left the phone at a restaurant.

Regarding "if my friend vanished the night before I'd be at that police station next day ASAP" - no argument here. If I learned at 7:30AM that my daughter's phone had been found in the parking lot of a bar, I too would be at the Police Station ASAP.

Not sure why it quoted that post...it wasn't what I meant to reply to. Sorry about that.

Exactly Cmpeezy251!!
RC was supposedly a good friend of DNV & DW....
Way back I wondered why, at Ollies (or at any time really in next couple days) - DW didn't give to him...
Or why RC (as far as we know...) didn't check on DNV, at her house, at work...
DW didn't need to use her phone to call JDT or frankly anyone to return phone - RC a close friend was literally right there!.....
Makes RC look pretty shoddy too.....
Here's the deal: DW could give RC phone at Ollies..makes sense, RC is DNVs friend....knows where she lives, where she works....
DW doesn't: instead uses her phone (somehow) to contact JDT (lets not go into weird statments about pictures of little girls & all - sounds like he was rambling...) but doesn't say he's worried....just wants to know how to give phone back to DNV (why is JDT a better choice for this then RC, whom he knows, and who also knows DNV?)
What stops DW or RC from going to her house that day - the 18th.......what stops RC, who is DNVs friend from being the one to take the lead here: contact police....?
I admit: I don't get it.....

Just to keep this clear - it was suggested upthread that TT had dangerous drug friends who may have threatened Danni at the Shell station and, on that basis, she chose to disappear. I don't want anyone to suggest that I have made these claims about TT. I will, however, respond to this hypothetical suggestion.

You seem to be suggesting that Danni had a good reason to be afraid of TT's friends, especially because he has connections to drugs. Further to this, the implication is that the friends were so scary that she would be afraid to report the threats from TT's friends to police. Do I understand correctly?
These are hypotheticals. I have no information to suggest this is what transpired, just theory. TT does have a drug history. Throughout this thread there are numerous comments pertaining to him being in and out of jail and rehab. He has also been arrested for other crimes. So, it is safe to say he is troubled and has had run in’s with LE. He is obviously getting drugs from someone and he and DNV have been in a relationship on and off for the last 6 years. I would surmise that she had knowledge of the people involved with his drug habits.

In this scenario you could have a desperate TT that needed money to repay a loan or repay a dealer?

How many people in TTs life had money to help him out? His parents? Probably not, His friends? Probably in the same situation he was in. Other family? Unlikely IMO. He doesn’t seem to work and doesn’t have income unless he was dealing or working odd jobs. Who to put the screws to but the person that always was working and had cash and probably had saved him from similar situations before. Maybe DNV had had enough of this situation and decided to bail out of Mobile? IDK. Maybe she was being threatened by the people TT owed money to and maybe this entire situation was just some crazy plan to keep her safe concocted by TT and DNV?

Car 3 is still something that is part of this scenario. It seems that DNV if she were alive at the time and at the shell station didn’t seem threatened by car 3. Maybe it was car 3 that disabled the gps and allowed her to get is out mobile until things calmed down. This might account for family disregard for her apt, phone being missing and it’s no big deal and not reporting her missing until Friday when it was clear to them she wasn’t around on Thur. This all gives her a huge time jump to get far away.

I have been struck by the absence of typical emotion we see in these kinds of cases. The reason given for the ‘family’ searching was so that our granddaughter doesn’t have to do this many years from now. The response wasn’t tears and we love and and miss our beloved DNV. A consistent theme in the dialogue with JDT has been that any questions about TT are dismissed, ignored, attacked etc. but they are never directly answered. That’s all ok but when someone key to the life of a missing person has the issues that TT has then these questions become critical IMO.

The people in the party train have been analyzed to death and it doesn’t make much sense on the surface that they were part of any nefarious plan IMO.

Her GPS was disabled in the 16 minutes that she was alone with Car 3 at the Shell station, and she and her car have been missing since 11:24PM on July 17.

There is no factual reason for Danni to voluntarily disappear, and in fact police have said that they do not believe she is voluntarily missing. This is a homicide investigation.

Regarding her ex-boyfriend, TT, the information is indeed confusing. I've read on this discussion that he was in jail on the night that Danni disappeared, yet seasoned sleuthers and a verified lawyer are unable to find any public records to corroborate this claim. Confused.

Her GPS was disabled in the 16 minutes that she was alone with Car 3 at the Shell station, and she and her car have been missing since 11:24PM on July 17.

There is no factual reason for Danni to voluntarily disappear, and in fact police have said that they do not believe she is voluntarily missing. This is a homicide investigation.

Regarding her ex-boyfriend, TT, the information is indeed confusing. I've read on this discussion that he was in jail on the night that Danni disappeared, yet seasoned sleuthers and a verified lawyer are unable to find any public records to corroborate this claim. Confused.
You left out the Rehab he was said to have been in also.......Also confused.

You left out the Rehab he was said to have been in also.......Also confused.

The TT drug angle is interesting, except that Danni was not with TT or his drug friends on the night she disappeared. By all accounts, she was with three friends who were toasting her remarkable achievements of purchasing a new car and making great strides towards gaining custody of her daughter.

It's quite a stretch to think that TT's friends were suddenly at the Shell station at 11:08PM disabling her GPS and threatening her with harm unless she voluntarily disappeared.

BBM
What difference does it make whether DW decided to return his rental car at 1AM?

How do we know that DW did not express concern about returning Danni's phone when he contacted her mother-in-law?

By "Party Train", do you mean the man and woman that went to Ollies at 10:45?

Regarding taking responsibility for returning Danni's phone to Danni, or a member of her family, I don't see a problem with this. I would be more concerned if he gave the phone to a drunk at a bar, or left the phone at a restaurant.

Regarding "if my friend vanished the night before I'd be at that police station next day ASAP" - no argument here. If I learned at 7:30AM that my daughter's phone had been found in the parking lot of a bar, I too would be at the Police Station ASAP.

The timeline prepared by JDT states that DW told her on two different phone calls he was concerned- which is what led me to believe something gave him cause for concern and he was hoping that DV contacted him directly either by calling her phone or reaching out to him so that he would know she was okay. If she was actually not someone well known to DW (as he suggested), he might have been undecided about whether a report was necessary or not. I haven't seen anything stating how long she had been in her apartment, maybe none of the friends she was with that night knew where she lived. As far as I know, she didn't work with either of the other two, so passing the phone off seems neither here nor there.

Using the idea that DW has no involvement, felt some reason for concern, and willingly went to the police, I just offered a situation that fit that scenario. I'm not implying that TT or any of his friends could or would harm her, but it's not anymore far fetched than DW managed to swing all these things.

If Car 3 isn't part of the crew hanging out that night then it only leaves 2 options- a random stranger or someone known to DV. Since her car did not move, I think more likely than not it was someone known to DV. Government at 11 at night isn't back to back traffic, it's not like DW would have gotten out ahead of her and she had to wait for a gap. She also should have/would have been in a different spot by the time car 3 got there if she were in the process of leaving. She wasn't and didn't move, even when another car pulled in which tells me she recognized the car and/or was expecting someone.

Exactly Cmpeezy251!!
Way back I wondered why, at Ollies (or at any time really in next couple days) - DW didn't give to him...
DW didn't need to use her phone to call JDT or frankly anyone to return phone - RC a close friend was literally right there!.....
Here's the deal: DW could give RC phone at Ollies..makes sense, RC is DNVs friend....knows where she lives, where she works....
DW doesn't: instead uses her phone (somehow) to contact JDT (lets not go into weird statments about pictures of little girls & all - sounds like he was rambling...) but doesn't say he's worried....just wants to know how to give phone back to DNV (why is JDT a better choice for this then RC, whom he knows, and who also knows DNV?)
What stops DW or RC from going to her house that day - the 18th.......what stops RC, who is DNVs friend from being the one to take the lead here: contact police....?

Suppose you lost your phone and a friend found it. The goal is to take responsibility to ensure that the phone is returned to you, but you are unaccounted for. Does this friend return the phone to:
  • your family
  • a drunk at a bar
  • a restaurant where you work
  • police

The TT drug angle is interesting, except that Danni was not with TT or his drug friends on the night she disappeared. By all accounts, she was with three friends who were toasting her remarkable achievements of purchasing a new car and making great strides towards gaining custody of her daughter.

It's quite a stretch to think that TT's friends were suddenly at the Shell station at 11:08PM disabling her GPS and threatening her with harm unless she voluntarily disappeared.
I am not suggesting his friends showed up at the Shell station that very night and threatened her causing her to leave. I am suggesting she may have been getting threats for some time and made a plan to leave once she was able to get a car. We don’t know who was in car 3, could she have had a plan in place to leave that night after getting her new car and someone was to meet her to disable the gps? Apparently police don’t have any leads so not sure how they would know whether it was voluntary or involuntary.

Exactly Cmpeezy251!!

Right and HE called JDT, how did he know to call her? I haven't read anywhere that JDT called DNV and she did not answer giving him the opportunity just to call the missed call back.

The whole meet back at Dublin's to retrieve the lost phone is what he said the plan was...the only other person that could say that was for sure the plan is DNV... This is pure speculation and my humble opinion (that we all are entitled to, I understand we have different guesses to what might have happened. We all have the same goal- to bring Danniella home) ... perhaps the phone had texts or messages that needed to be erased. So if he did try to go back unnoticed to get the phone only to discover it had already been turned in he'd need to have a story as to why he needed it. Sure I could be very wrong but it also could be a possibility. Because if DW hasn't told LE way more than is known to us, I'm sorry, things just don't add up for ME.

The case is being handled by homicide but MPD stated it wasn’t a homicide case. This statement was made shortly after the case transferred groups at MPD and the situation could have changed.

The timeline prepared by JDT states that DW told her on two different phone calls he was concerned- which is what led me to believe something gave him cause for concern and he was hoping that DV contacted him directly either by calling her phone or reaching out to him so that he would know she was okay. If she was actually not someone well known to DW (as he suggested), he might have been undecided about whether a report was necessary or not. I haven't seen anything stating how long she had been in her apartment, maybe none of the friends she was with that night knew where she lived. As far as I know, she didn't work with either of the other two, so passing the phone off seems neither here nor there.

Using the idea that DW has no involvement, felt some reason for concern, and willingly went to the police, I just offered a situation that fit that scenario. I'm not implying that TT or any of his friends could or would harm her, but it's not anymore far fetched than DW managed to swing all these things.

If Car 3 isn't part of the crew hanging out that night then it only leaves 2 options- a random stranger or someone known to DV. Since her car did not move, I think more likely than not it was someone known to DV. Government at 11 at night isn't back to back traffic, it's not like DW would have gotten out ahead of her and she had to wait for a gap. She also should have/would have been in a different spot by the time car 3 got there if she were in the process of leaving. She wasn't and didn't move, even when another car pulled in which tells me she recognized the car and/or was expecting someone.

BBM
We know that Car 3 is not one of the 3 friends that Danni was with on July 17. Two of the friends were at Ollies, and the third friend, DW, left the Shell station at 11:07.

Indeed, that means that Car 3 may or may not be someone she knew. Either way, someone in Car 3 disabled her GPS and she has not been seen since 11:24PM on July 17 when Danni's car and Car 3 left the Shell station.

She did not voluntarily disappear. This is a homicide investigation. Whoever was in Car 3 is responsible for her disappearance.

Who wanted Danni and her car to disappear?
Who knew that there was a GPS tracker in her car?

Answering those two questions will perhaps lead to identifying the person or persons responsible for her disappearance.

Right and HE called JDT, how did he know to call her? I haven't read anywhere that JDT called DNV and she did not answer giving him the opportunity just to call the missed call back.

The whole meet back at Dublin's to retrieve the lost phone is what he said the plan was...the only other person that could say that was for sure the plan is DNV... This is pure speculation and my humble opinion (that we all are entitled to, I understand we have different guesses to what might have happened. We all have the same goal- to bring Danniella home) ... perhaps the phone had texts or messages that needed to be erased. So if he did try to go back unnoticed to get the phone only to discover it had already been turned in he'd need to have a story as to why he needed it. Sure I could be very wrong but it also could be a possibility. Because if DW hasn't told LE way more than is known to us, I'm sorry, things just don't add up for ME.
Anyone know who has that phone now ?....LE ? Family ?

BBM
We know that Car 3 is not one of the 3 friends that Danni was with on July 17. Two of the friends were at Ollies, and the third friend, DW, left the Shell station at 11:07.

Indeed, that means that Car 3 may or may not be someone she knew. Either way, someone in Car 3 disabled her GPS and she has not been seen since 11:24PM on July 17 when Danni's car and Car 3 left the Shell station.

She did not voluntarily disappear. This is a homicide investigation. Whoever was in Car 3 is responsible for her disappearance.

Who wanted Danni and her car to disappear?
Who knew that there was a GPS tracker in her car?

Answering those two questions will perhaps lead to identifying the person or persons responsible for her disappearance.
The question then still is......Who had the most to gain by her disappearance ?

I am not suggesting his friends showed up at the Shell station that very night and threatened her causing her to leave. I am suggesting she may have been getting threats for some time and made a plan to leave once she was able to get a car. We don’t know who was in car 3, could she have had a plan in place to leave that night after getting her new car and someone was to meet her to disable the gps? Apparently police don’t have any leads so not sure how they would know whether it was voluntary or involuntary.

That scenario would have a lot more traction if DW had not been with Danniella at the Shell station. DW was with her and knew that she did not have her phone. He knew that she planned to look for her phone at The Dublin. After a 2 minute conversation at the Shell station, they planned to meet at the Dublin.

If DW had not been with her that night, then yes, it would be plausible that she simply chose to skip town and find a new life elsewhere.

Homicide detectives don't investigate people who are voluntarily missing. This became a homicide investigation on July 25.

The case is being handled by homicide but MPD stated it wasn’t a homicide case. This statement was made shortly after the case transferred groups at MPD and the situation could have changed.

I am just going with what has been released in MSM:

Regarding the question of whether this is a homicide investigation, regardless of why this was turned over to the homicide division, it is the case:

"The case of missing woman Danniella Vian, 23, has been handed over to homicide detectives, according to a Mobile Police Department spokesperson.

However, those working the case say that there is no information suggesting that Vian has been killed."​

Missing Mobile woman's case handed to homicide detectives

"Mobile police say it is now a homicide investigation, although evidence of a homicide has not yet been determined."​

Young Mobile mother missing, homicide detectives now involved

The question then still is......Who had the most to gain by her disappearance ?
But LE says they have no evidence of a homicide or reason to believe a homicide has occurred. Their story line is that it was turned over because they have more resources than the missing person division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27