AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to digest some of these ideas & new (to me!) information......

AT some point, I'm thinking of making of timeline of DW, what he's said, what we know, what adds up, what doesn't - his actions, non actions...lol....

Considering that neither RC, JDT (until two days after no contact with her) or any of the other party train folks did anything....my concern is that DW said something to the effect: 'I have DNVs phone'.....nothing to worry about there, not a big deal.....

What I hope (and hey, may have for all I know, but it isn't stated) he'd say is something like this: 'DNV left her phone at Dublin's. We went back to get it, I thought she was following but she never showed. I'm worried. Last time I saw her she was at some Shell station in a bad part of town.'

It's hard to believe he said anything to this effect, simply because neither RC, or JDT did anything immediately...if DW did state things in a serious manner...then yes....very disturbed that neither RC, supposedly a close friend, or JDT did anything for days :(

The question then still is......Who had the most to gain by her disappearance ?

I'm guessing that this is one of the Big Questions that homicide detectives are trying to answer. If anyone had a reason to want Danni out of the picture, that person needs to be carefully investigated and ruled out. I'm not aware of police ruling anyone out at this time, so I'm guessing that all the usual suspects are still on the table.

On the surface, Danni seems completely harmless. She was a server at restaurants or bars, she had short and long term goals, she was achieving those goals, and her life seemed to be on track. Three friends celebrated the achievement of one of those goals on the night she vanished, so she apparently had a strong social network.

It is also very possible that LE has instructed all 3 of the people that she was last known to be with not to speak out or identify themselves for fear of their safety... Apparently LE wanted the CCTV footage taken down right away for fear of DNV's safety. That kind of leads me to believe they feel there are some very dangerous people connected to her disappearance.

But LE says they have no evidence of a homicide or reason to believe a homicide has occurred. Their story line is that it was turned over because they have more resources than the missing person division.

Until a body is found, Danni will be considered as a missing person. However, it would not be the first time that homicide detectives were involved in a missing person case.

TT & JDT have been officially ruled out; the statement just has not been made by LE.

Cedgison: When you state that TT and JDT have been officially ruled out by LE....does that mean you are personally in contact with LE? Does LE provide you with some of the inside information you post here? Thank you.
C

I need to digest some of these ideas & new (to me!) information......

AT some point, I'm thinking of making of timeline of DW, what he's said, what we know, what adds up, what doesn't - his actions, non actions...lol....

Considering that neither RC, JDT (until two days after no contact with her) or any of the other party train folks did anything....my concern is that DW said something to the effect: 'I have DNVs phone'.....nothing to worry about there, not a big deal.....

What I hope (and hey, may have for all I know, but it isn't stated) he'd say is something like this: 'DNV left her phone at Dublin's. We went back to get it, I thought she was following but she never showed. I'm worried. Last time I saw her she was at some Shell station in a bad part of town.'

It's hard to believe he said anything to this effect, simply because neither RC, or JDT did anything immediately...if DW did state things in a serious manner...then yes....very disturbed that neither RC, supposedly a close friend, or JDT did anything for days :(

Thankfully, DW held onto the phone. It would surprise me if he wasn't the person who handed it to police on July 20.

Last edited:
It is also very possible that LE has instructed all 3 of the people that she was last known to be with not to speak out or identify themselves for fear of their safety... Apparently LE wanted the CCTV footage taken down right away for fear of DNV's safety. That kind of leads me to believe they feel there are some very dangerous people connected to her disappearance.

Either that, or the CCTV footage depicts a crime in progress and is an important investigative tool for homicide investigators to solve Danni's disappearance.

Cmpeezy251 - our brainwaves are pretty similar, lol ;)
& Otto... (btw: thought that was the term for all the friends gathered at Dublins then went to Ollies 'party train' - I didn't invent that term..has been in use before I started posting, adopted it so people know who I am talking about...)...anyway @ crime in progress...

One of many things that irks me @ DW is that he never went back to where he last saw DNV.........the Shell station....
Why? Because he doesn't want to be seen there...& why is that? (aside from him being complicit in her disappearance)......I'd say the simple fact he has good reason to believe something bad happened there...he is afraid to go back there, afraid that the perps. will be on the lookout for his car....which leads me as to why he returned rental car....when supposedly he was going straight home @ 11, he decides, after midnight that he needs to return the rental car - he doesn't want to be recognized, doesn't want to be associated with that car anymore......

Where did the term "party train" originate? Four people went out for a drink at The Dublin. Two people went to Ollies at 10:45, two didn't. That's hardly a "Party Train." In fact, the term "Party Train" implies drunken irresponsible party animals. There is nothing about Danni's disappearance that suggests a drunken irresponsible night. The term "bar hopping" has also been used. Where did that originate? The party of four were at one restaurant, two drove to another restaurant. How we use language is important.

No one has been cleared at this point.

We don't know what DW said to Danni's mother-in-law at 7:30AM, but we can assume that DW informed the mother-in-law that he had Danni's phone, that Danni did not meet him at The Dublin as planned to collect the phone at 11:30PM, and that he wanted to return the phone.

We know for a fact that Danni and DW drove to the Shell station. They were at the station together for less than 2 minutes, and made a plan to return to The Dublin to look for the phone. DW left the Shell station at 11:07. Danni was in the process of leaving when a third car pulled into the Shell station. Danni's car and the third car left 16 minutes later after her GPS was disabled.

If DW is Car 3, then DW and Danni disabled the GPS. They left the Shell station together at 11:24PM. The only reason for Danni to disable the GPS is because she is voluntarily missing - but the problem with that is that nothing else supports a voluntary disappearance. No one believes that she chose to disappear. Therefore, DW is not Car 3.

What did DW lie about?
DW could have lied about all of it. We don’t know what he said was the truth. And I would think if he’s been cleared, he would want the public to know about it. I would! I think he’s the key to this puzzle. Hopefully LE are starting to figure it out.

More know about JD - more I'm really not liking it....this is a guy who (allegedly) tortures, rapes, beats a woman for 3 1/2 weeks....and there is a connection to DNV, and she has been at that property in the past....I know she wasn't found there...

but...does JD have alibi for July 17......even so - as said before: he may not be a lone wolf in these behaviors......DNV could have been targeted at Dublin's by his fellow perps & followed her.....took oportunity when DW leaves....(again though - if no one is seen getting in/out of cars then this is a no go - or one of those perps was already in car with her....actually if she knew them, and she was tipsy (or drugged) she might have let them drive her car)

BTW meant to add that DW may have good reason to be afraid...if was @ unbeknownst to him, these perps......only after the fact realizes maybe he got lucky in leaving when he did.....just speculation & MOO

Sorry I haven't been on in several days.

For all the new people joining the case, I really recommend reading through thread #1 as a lot of points have been covered already and it would be really helpful for the VIs if we could focus on the following:

1. The lojack disablement
2. Who benefits from disappearing Danni
3. The Carjacking angle (ie where could a car be concealed/resold/parted etc)
4. Where Danni could have possibly gone off the road with her car

The chances of Danni having left voluntarily are next to nil IMO. Why would she leave money behind?

Following is an update to my original post in thread one on page 5 to help clarify some of the info for those asking:

Players named in media:
Danniella/Danni - missing
<modsnipped full name> (TT)- ex-boyfriend and father to their 4-y/o daughter, ex-U.S.Army
<modsnipped full name> (JDT) - mother of TT, current custodian of daughter (Mobile)
--collectively being referred to as "party train"--
DW - last to see Danni
MK - female friend with Danni at Dublin's
RC - male friend with Danni at Dublin's

Timeline:
July17 - Purchased car at Pearl Motors Inc at ?
July17 - Arrived at Dublin Pub at ?
July17 - 10:45pm - Left Dublin pub, reportedly headed to Ollie's
July17 - Approx 11:00 - Is reportedly following DW (riving his rental)south on 90 when she flashes her lights to pull over (this is in the opposite direction of Ollie's)
July17 - 11:05PM - Both cars on video at Shell Station
July17 - around 11PM last GPS location and activity on phone at Shell Station, after this there is no further activity. GPS is disabled.
July17 -11:07PM - One car leaves
July17 - 11:08PM - Another car pulls in both cars stay parked
July17 - 11:24PM - Both cars leave
July17 - Approx 11:45pm DW returns to Dublin's to retrieve Danni's phone
July 18 Approx 12am Arrives at Ollie's and stays for a few minutes
July 18 1:00 am DW Returns rental car
July20 - Reported missing by JT and DW together in person
July 20 - Police search Danni's apartment
July25 - Confirmed Case given to Mobile Homicide by media
July27 - Vigil held at 7:30PM Cottage Hill / Medal of Honor Park (organized by Julie)
Aug 2 - PD holds press conference

Facts as we know them:
1. DW was the last person known to see Danni
2. DW's story is inconsistent and has changed
3. DW had a rental car that night <modsnipped no link to verify>
4. LE has Danni's phone, which was found at Dublin's
5. Danni's apartment was searched
6. Danni's car was newly purchased with paper tags (no plates)
7. MK and RC are silent since
8. Danni's daughter is fine and with JDT
9.There was a LoJack tracking device on Danni's car that was tracked to the shell station. References to a GPS ping refer to the LoJack device on her car NOT, her phone. The last ping was at the Shell.
10. Danni's phone is confirmed to have been retrieved from Dublin's by DW and is now in LE possession.
11. LE have CCTV of the gas station showing Danni together with DW and Danni with another car
12. TT was in rehab the night Danni disappeared.
13. LE state they have no evidence of homicide, however the case is being handled by homicide.
14. A large amount of cash was found in Danni's apartment along with a recent list of life goals.
15. Danni does not have a history of drug abuse, and was successfully employed at the time of her disappearance.

You may also follow @cedgison for other quotes and facts. She is a Verified Insider on this case, and is in contact with JDT and what she knows or need help with.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/members/cedgison.211392/

Questions:

Did family/friends enter Danni's apartment before or after LE?
How did they gain entry?
Has the family been given a copy of the CCTV video? If not, contact NBC15 ask them for it.
Was a BOLO put out for the car?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cmpeezy251 - our brainwaves are pretty similar, lol ;)
& Otto... (btw: thought that was the term for all the friends gathered at Dublins then went to Ollies 'party train' - I didn't invent that term..has been in use before I started posting, adopted it so people know who I am talking about...)...anyway @ crime in progress...

One of many things that irks me @ DW is that he never went back to where he last saw DNV.........the Shell station....
Why? Because he doesn't want to be seen there...& why is that? (aside from him being complicit in her disappearance)......I'd say the simple fact he has good reason to believe something bad happened there...he is afraid to go back there, afraid that the perps. will be on the lookout for his car....which leads me as to why he returned rental car....when supposedly he was going straight home @ 11, he decides, after midnight that he needs to return the rental car - he doesn't want to be recognized, doesn't want to be associated with that car anymore......

How do we know he didn't drive by the Shell station on his way home?

@Vail - Thank you so much for the timeline and "what we know" list.

I have a question regarding the "large amount of cash found at her apartment". Are we talking about enough cash to pay rent for the month of August?

For all the new people joining the case, I really recommend reading through thread #1 as a lot of points have been covered already and it would be really helpful for the VIs if we could focus on the following:

The chances of Danni having left voluntarily are next to nil IMO. Why would she leave money behind?

Following is an update to my original post in thread one on page 5 to help clarify some of the info for those asking:

Players named in media:
Tyler Thomas (TT)- ex-boyfriend and father to their 4-y/o daughter, ex-U.S.Army
Julie Dykes Thomas (JDT) - mother of TT, current custodian of daughter (Mobile)
DW - last to see Danni

Timeline:
July17 - Approx 11:00 - Is reportedly following DW (riving his rental)south on 90 when she flashes her lights to pull over (this is in the opposite direction of Ollie's)
July17 - around 11PM last GPS location and activity on phone at Shell Station, after this there is no further activity. GPS is disabled.
July27 - Vigil held at 7:30PM Cottage Hill / Medal of Honor Park (organized by Julie)

Facts as we know them:
3. DW had a rental car that night which has been processed by LE
9.There was a LoJack tracking device on Danni's car that was tracked to the shell station. References to a GPS ping refer to the LoJack device on her car NOT, her phone. The last ping was at the Shell.
10. Danni's phone is confirmed to have been retrieved from Dublin's by DW and is now in LE possession.
11. LE have CCTV of the gas station showing Danni together with DW and Danni with another car
13. LE state they have no evidence of homicide, however the case is being handled by homicide.
14. A large amount of cash was found in Danni's apartment along with a recent list of life goals.
15. Danni does not have a history of drug abuse, and was successfully employed at the time of her disappearance.

You may also follow @cedgison for other quotes and facts. She is a Verified Insider on this case, and is in contact with JDT and what she knows or need help with.

Questions:

How did they gain entry?
Has the family been given a copy of the CCTV video? If not, contact NBC15 ask them for it.
You are an invigorating source of facts and investigative tools. Thank you for weighing in. It’s very helpful.

Players named in media:
DW - last to see Danni

Timeline:

Facts as we know them:

Questions:

How did they gain entry?

Hello @Vail! Glad you are back. Great info I keep forgetting is available. I was just getting ready to find it to confirm for @otto that DW gave the phone to police! On your post, it is stated there was a large amount of cash found in DNV's apartment? Do you know where that particular information came from? We have also heard it may have been a very small amount of cash. TIA

Players named in media:
DW - last to see Danni

Timeline:

Facts as we know them:

Questions:

How did they gain entry?
Hello! Is this something we can add to the 1st page of the thread for easier reference?

Thanks Vail! Amazing source of information... :)

@ Otto: DW didn't say that he drove past the Shell.....

Which reminds me: between 12:15 ish and 1 ish....where is DW? He leaves Ollies @ 12:15 and returns car @ 1 Do we know where he returned this car? Would it take 45 minutes to an hour to reach? Was it on the way home, or...what?
If anyone one know TIA :)

Thanks Vail! Amazing source of information... :)

@ Otto: DW didn't say that he drove past the Shell.....

Which reminds me: between 12:15 ish and 1 ish....where is DW? He leaves Ollies @ 12:15 and returns car @ 1 Do we know where he returned this car? Would it take 45 minutes to an hour to reach? Was it on the way home, or...what?
If anyone one know TIA :)

Going from memory, but Cedgison posted a couple of days ago that DW lives approximately 15 minutes SE of the Shell station. This is my rough estimate, so it looks like it would easy to drive by the Shell station on his way home:

upload_2018-9-21_16-28-11.png

Isn’t it possible that
The reason I do not think the "escape" until things cool down theory works is it sounds temporary. So escape for how long. For someone who was clearly working to make a better life for her and her daughter it would not be a very good idea. DNV wrote down her goals on paper which to me suggest she was serious and taking responsibility for herself/life. Also that we know of, she did not have any cash, bank accounts or means (except her car) to take care of herself in her escape.
Take the 'fleeing the scene' scenario to the extreme assuming the 'family' were aware of everything that was happening even if they didn't have all the details. Their top priority and goal was to keep TT safe and possibly DNV safe as well. CT was 'ok' staying where she was in care of 'family'. TT was probably in the middle of litigation or had parole restrictions and so couldn't leave Mobile without LE putting him back in jail. DNV however was vulnerable to threats or attack and so had to leave in some way that was convincing and what is more convincing than the typical heart wrenching missing case that we have all sadly seen so many times before? The life goals picture would make the perfect decoy to explain why it would make no sense for DNV to voluntarily leave Mobile. We had a statement from DNV birth mother that the scenario involved a car jacking and abduction. That life goals picture made it clear she was going to stay and do whatever it took to get her daughter back. But DNV wanted CT to be safe and she believed it would be ok to leave her in Mobile and it was unlikely the 'family' were ever going anywhere. DNV would just have to stay away for a period of time until the situation cooled down or was resolved by TT. I also wonder if whatever litigation TT was involved in might have required DNV to testify and this is what drove the need for her to 'go missing'? If long term prison were on the table and by all accounts it might have been then it made sense to take DNV out of the equation from testifying. This is pure speculation but might make some sense in the context of the family that was willing to do anything to keep TT out of prison.

DNV didn't flee when she saw Car 3 by all accounts. The CCTV was pulled down almost immediately by MPD. They most likely didn't pull it down because DNV was visible as the entire case was about her going missing. I wonder if the CCTV were pulled because MPD knew precisely who was in Car 3 as they were well known to LE? I realize many on here have pulled you tube videos and said disabling LoJack isn't difficult. But I believe there are LoJack technicians for a reason and it isn't as easy as pulling a fuse and cutting a few wires. Maybe I'm wrong. Vehicle theft is definately an issue in Mobile and perhaps MPD and even Pearl Motors knew who had the skills to disable the box placed on DNV car and they saw them on the CCTV. I wonder though how many people that purchase a car from a place like Pearl knew about LoJack? Did DNV know about LoJack? Did TT know about LoJack? I don't know if there are any geographic driving restrictions on Pearl Motors cars that are financed but I know from their website that you have to have AL or MS license to purchase a car. Maybe a driving restriction was the reason the GPS had to go?

@ Otto: that's the rub: I have been wondering why he didn't - or he didn't say he did at any rate...seems like would be on the way home...

However - he returned that rental car, maybe that took him in a different direction/route than the one that would go by the Shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member