GUILTY DC - Wendy Martinez, 35, jogger, stabbed to death at Logan Circle, 18 Sept 2018-killer pleads guilty

Jumping in with this, unsure if already posted..rbbm
Suspect charged after DC jogger killed in 'random' attack
Police announced at a press conference Thursday that 23-year-old Anthony Crawford of northwest D.C. had been arrested after investigators identified him, with help from the community, as the person in the surveillance video.

Crawford was taken into custody and questioned by homicide detectives. Court documents said he had "bandages on his fingers and on his right hand."

He was charged with first-degree murder.

Investigators said there was no evidence of robbery, so the motive in Martinez's murder is still unknown.

If he was taking K2, there would really be no reason that would make sense to normal human beings. He could have hallucinated that she was a monster, or a LEO, or a tiger, etc., etc.
I have Googled "under the influence of K2" but I do not want to put links on here because the videos have language and scenes that could be quite offensive. The scenes go from someone just sitting and rocking back & forth, or lying completely immobile, to people being way overactive and speaking sounds that are totally unrecognizable. Some users were overactive -- running, or rolling around, or grabbing at whoever was nearby.
So, if he was under the influence of K2, anything normally seen as a motive may as well be on another planet. I wonder if LE has asked for a tox test for K2 or spice or flakka. It could possibly be seen as a mutation of temporary insanity (please know that IANAL), but it would have been induced by an illegal drug taken by the suspect. I also wonder how much MSM will be able to report if the suspect is put under the care of an MD, etc.

This one could be very weird in a court.

Suspect’s utterance may play role in prosecution of DC runner murder | WTOP

“It’s unsettling for anyone who lives in this city to see this happen. It’s an isolated incident. I’m sure that doesn’t bring any level of comfort to the Martinez family,” (Police Chief) Newsham said.

At a time like this, it is probably inconsequential to pick apart language, but this incident is so completely random, it feels like “isolated” is the wrong word to use here. It was the wrong place at the wrong time. It could have been any one of us, but it was Wendy, who moments before had a beautiful life and bright future. Nothing she did put her at risk for such a horrendous assault. I guess “isolated” fits if we are saying the likelihood of something like this happening is rare, but it DID happen, to an innocent soul, and we really have no idea how to prevent it from happening again. That is absolutely terrifying to me.

Last edited:
there was no way this was random. this was a hired hit. this neighborhood is predominantly white and extremely wealthy. WM got the Seth Rich treatment. killer was a patsy. look into her background.

Wendy Martinez: Jogger stabbed and killed in D.C. remembered through Nicaraguan jewelry designer
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. - At a quiet home in Palm Beach Gardens, Luz Heine is still struggling to accept her best friend is gone.

"I'm still in shock, honestly. At the memorial service in Washington D.C., I kept thinking she was going to walk right through the door."

Heine's best friend, Wendy Martinez, was stabbed and killed last week by a 23-year old man while jogging in a "safe" neighborhood, according to Metro police. Martinez had just gotten engaged days before she was murdered".

"Heine says she never expected Wendy's tragic ending to reach so many people, but then again, she says Martinez left a lasting impression on everyone she met.

"I was blown away. So many people have come up to me and said, '[Wendy] made me feel special on this one occasion and I'm so thankful for that."

"I believe that Wendy's story resonates with so many people because she truly embodied, she was living the American Dream," said Heine".

There is a memorial fund set up for Wendy. The fundraiser has raised a lot of money in a short time.

Still haven’t been able to find a photo of the suspect. Strange.

Anthony_Crawford1.png

(Anthony Crawford Photo credit: Metro Transit Police)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Hearing delayed for man accused of stabbing runner to death

October 12, 2018

"WASHINGTON - A probable cause hearing has been delayed for a man accused of stabbing a runner to death in the nation's capital.

WTOP-FM reported Thursday that a judge has moved the hearing for 23-year-old Anthony Crawford to Nov. 8 and ordered him held until then...."

Hearing delayed for man accused of stabbing runner to death
---

Who Is Anthony Crawford? New Details About The Man Who Murdered Wendy Martinez

September 20, 2018

"He was apprehended in a park.

Who is Anthony Crawford? Authorities have arrested a D.C. resident Anthony Crawford in the murder of 35-year-old Wendy Martinez. Martinez was murdered while she was out for an evening run in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, September 18th just a few blocks from her apartment. Washington Metropolitan Police detained 23-year-old Crawford for questioning late Wednesday night in a park in northwest Washington, D.C. The police later arrested him and charged him with first degree murder while armed. ..."

Who Is Anthony Crawford? New Details About The Man Who Murdered Wendy Martinez

WendyMartinez18+%281%29.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back