TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t been on in a long time so forgive me if this has been brought up, but listening to the true crime garage podcast yesterday they brought up a valid point that has never made sense. Why just a letter to Rachel’s Tommy? Why not letters to all the girls families? This completely voids any kidnapping to me...Changes my entire thought process.

Haven’t been on in a long time so forgive me if this has been brought up, but listening to the true crime garage podcast yesterday they brought up a valid point that has never made sense. Why just a letter to Rachel’s Tommy? Why not letters to all the girls families? This completely voids any kidnapping to me...Changes my entire thought process.

Well, there are different thought processes on the letter. As you know, many people on this forum (and the FB page) suspect TT as being accountable for the disappearance. Some of them believe the letter wasn't mailed and he married it to an extra envelope later. I've never believed that (nor do I think it was TT). I think there are too many circumstances that would have had to have been present for that to be the case. I wrote a post on it a while back if you search for it.

Another thought process is that if the girls were abducted by a stranger, he sent it to Rachel's house because she was the only one with a driver's license, which would have had her address. In that scenario, I guess she could have had provided her husband's name as well. Or it could have been looked up in the phonebook.

I've repeatedly said I think there's a good chance the letter isn't actually related to the case, but rather was sent by someone who merely wanted to inject themselves into the story. People do things like that all the time (calling in false reports, harassing families with fake phone calls, etc.) and the location of the car was discovered by 6pm. The letter was postmarked the following morning, plenty of time for the letter to have been sent by anyone. (btw, LE said the postmark is valid years ago, I don't know why people including True Crime Garage continue to go down the postmark rabbit hole. Its a waste of time). I'm not saying this was the case, just saying I think its a real possibility.

At any rate, if the girls were kidnapped and the letter was sent by the abductor/s it makes complete sense to me that they would have sent only one letter and not 3. Not only would writing 3 letters be time consuming but since the letter and the envelope don't appear to be written on a matched set of stationary it would leave you to believe that they wrote it on whatever they happened to have on hand in their vehicle, etc.

I'm planning on it unless its crazy stormy , will they put it off if we have our expected crappy weather ?
The only thing that will take the decision out of Jeff's hands is lightning. If rain affects anything operationally - reduces their chance of success - it's his call. The team was planning on getting wet ;)

I can't imagine that much will be known tomorrow. Will the trunks of the vehicles be opened on site, or will the cars be towed somewhere first?

I wonder why he did that?
Did you ever hang out with Rachel and Debra growing up? And am I correct in believing that you were not connected to TT? Did you ever meet him? Did you know Rachel's parents? I used to go play with the kids on my street. Wondering if you have an inside view?
With all due respect, she is under no obligation to provide you with personal details of her life.

She has the option of weather or not to answer. No one here is obligated to anyone else here at all. If she hadn't answered I'd of gone on with life. That simple. Nothing to be offended over.
Not offended at all. I was just uncertain of your intentions. She can certainly handle herself, and I do appreciate that you would drop it and move on if she did not answer you. :)

If they find something suspicious on Saturday (it is approaching dawn there now), it would stir up a frenzy I bet. If not, it would not be just peace either. Imagine the families' hopes again dashed...

I am glad I am just standing by here. Wish them the best.

I tried to upload a picture, but my cellphone and Flickr don’t like each other. Anyway, despite 5 inches of rain, there are about 30-40 cars at the dam and several folks walking down the road to the ramp. Someone expects something to happen today.

MyK172
https://flic.kr/p/MyK172

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members