AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So funny how we all think differently! I read the first part of your sentence and thought you were going to end with involuntarily!

Keep going back to could this all be a ruse? What are the chances of another car with ill intent pulling into a closed Shell when DNV happens to be there at that hour of night? I'm not a believer in coincidence. This is just too much of a coincidence IMO.

Car jackers want cars and not people. I think we have consensus around that idea. Taking people is whole different group of criminal. The criminals that take people also most likely don't want the car for the exact same reason the criminals taking cars don't want people! Evidence and something to dispose of which is messy, risky and time consuming.

Slim chances as a random event, in my opinion.

However, if someone had their eye on her and followed her in her car from The Dublin to the Shell station, then it might seem like the ideal location to pounce. The only monkey wrench in the scenario is that when they pounced, they assumed that she was alone and no one was expecting her. Little did they realize that she had misplaced her phone and someone was expecting her in 20 minutes at The Dublin. If she'd had her phone with her, they could have popped the SIM card and done - all GPS permanently disabled. The phone seems to be the only factor that put focus on Car 3 and put focus on Danni's apparent abduction.

Carjackers want cars. Whoever met Danni at the Shell station at 11:08 wanted Danni and her car, but they wanted to be sure that neither the car nor Danni could be tracked.

Thank you, and that makes the most sense. If car thieves wanted her car, they would have taken it while she was sleeping.

The fact that she has vanished with her car suggests that she was the target, and someone wanted to make sure that she and her car disappear at the same time - seems like staging the crime.

The only reason I can think of for this is that someone wants everyone to believe that she left voluntarily. The would have been plausible except for DW, who had her phone and wanted to see it through.

Let's go with it. She was targeted, not her car. Does the perpetrator want her, or want to get rid of her?

That’s what I’m talking about - that photo. It was magnified, analyzed & explained in this thread last night.

Zoom, magnify, analyze, and explain all you want. I looked at the photo and know that it is from 11:07:23, which means it's before Car 3 arrived. It's useless in terms of knowing anything about Car 3.

If it had not been for her friend, the one who found her phone and turned it in to police on July 20, Danni's disappearance might have gone unnoticed as just another single woman with a new car who chose a new life.

Her apartment was cleared out and her things were tossed on the curb by police, her rent was unpaid on August 1 - only fourteen days after her disappearance , there was lots of cash in her apartment that was not used to pay the rent. No one would be the wiser if she simply vanished.

Although work reported her missing, they had no reason to follow up after notifying next of kin. Without DW, this would look like a woman who voluntarily vanished after voluntarily disabling GPS in her car.

But what if it looks like that because that is what it is? We just don't know the motive yet but we have any number of theories that would work I think.

I can't go there again on the whole apt situation after last night but the callous manner and most probably illegal manner in which this was handled leads me to believe that it was all just part of the plan. The thing that you point out about the phone is exactly right. DW messed up the plan. Car 3 showed up to disable the GPS and then DNV had to go and could not return to Dublins to pick up phone as she couldn't risk being seen.

I think arguments can be made for involuntary and voluntary but after all the smoke around the stories, the wasted time investigating the party train people, the apartment being evaporated, TT location and legal uncertainty, and the GPS this is starting to look staged and planned. If it is a plan and whoever is behind is playing on the emotion of a missing case its all quite diabolical IMO. The error in the plan (and I'm sure there will be others discovered) if that is what it was is the absense of emotion from any of the key players so far as I can see. I guess we will have to stay tuned and keep sleuthing!

Last edited:
Amazing what WS members do to test out theories! (thanks for the humorous aspect!)
The joke is on me though as now I have to take it back to the dealer to be reset. God knows how much that will cost. I called the dealer to find out today and they said they have no idea how to price the situation as they have never had someone call with this scenario. I'm hoping they can't figure it out and so I'm charged $0!!!!

Zoom, magnify, analyze, and explain all you want. I looked at the photo and know that it is from 11:07:23, which means it's before Car 3 arrived. It's useless in terms of knowing anything about Car 3.

And the article that describes the video explains exactly what LE stated: Car 1 pulled in, Car 2 pulled in, Car 1 pulled out, Car 3 pulled in. I have no reason to doubt the NBC journalist who actually watched the video and LE.

I think to get rid of her. Someone was very unhappy with her, or gained from her disappearance, or both.

Good point!

What did Danni represent in other people's lives and who would benefit from a belief that she voluntarily disappeared on the same day that she bought her new car? What were Danni's goals and how did those goals impact those around her?

Can someone please find the other still shot that is from a different angle? I know it exists but simply cannot find it.

I have been focusing on the type of GPS (navigation/homing) because I think there are different motives for disabling a LoJack style tracking device versus GPS Navigation + maps in a car.

If someone merely helped DNV disable the LoJack so she could drive away without paying for the car, that's one situation. If someone cut the entire on-board GPS navigation software, DNV would no longer have access to any maps since she would not have her car GPS or her phone GPS. I don't know that someone would disable that to run away.

And the article that describes the video explains exactly what LE stated: Car 1 pulled in, Car 2 pulled in, Car 1 pulled out, Car 3 pulled in. I have no reason to doubt the NBC journalist who actually watched the video and LE.
She also said if I recall that DNV left driving her car.

For all we know, car 3 helped Danni out. And after they all went their own way. Maybe an inebriated Danni was driving too fast to catch up with DW and wrecked? Maybe her and her car are along the road to Dublins or Ollies?

IDK, it seems to me, when a car and it's driver are missing together, it is usually a car accident.

I also reserve the right to change my mind again.

Can someone please find the other still shot that is from a different angle? I know it exists but simply cannot find it.

I thought I was nuts but didn't the NBC article that had the video have a still shot of a blue car with headlights on facing towards the camera? I think you and I were talking on the MT thread when the article came out.

For all we know, car 3 helped Danni out. And after they all went their own way. Maybe an inebriated Danni was driving too fast to catch up with DW and wrecked? Maybe her and her car are along the road to Dublins or Ollies?

IDK, it seems to me, when a car and it's driver are missing together, it is usually a car accident.

I also reserve the right to change my mind again.

That was my theory for the first two weeks. We looked early on at the bodies of water but all the "rivers" on the map were actually shallow creeks. I thought she might have driven off the road. By now I think someone would have reported the car though, right?

But what if it looks like that because that is what it is? We just don't know the motive yet but we have any number of theories that would work I think.

I can't go there again on the whole apt situation after last night but the callous manner and most probably illegal manner in which this was handled leads me to believe that it was all just part of the plan. The thing that you point out about the phone is exactly right. DW messed up the plan. Car 3 showed up to disable the GPS and then DNV had to go and could not return to Dublins to pick up phone as she couldn't risk being seen.

I think arguments can be made for involuntary and voluntary but after all the smoke around the stories, the wasted time investigating the party train people, the apartment being evaporated, TT location and legal uncertainty, and the GPS this is starting to look staged and planned. If it is a plan they playing on the emotion of a missing case is quite diabolical. The error in the plan if that is what it was is the absense of emotion from any of the key players so far as I can see. I guess we will have to stay tuned and keep sleuthing!

We don't need to know the motive. At this time, especially after 10 weeks of the Shell Game with Car 1, 2, and 3, what matters is what happened at the moment that Danni became part of an incident report. It sounds like that happened at 11:08 when Car 3 arrived at the Shell station.

Danni could not meet DW at The Dublin because she was intercepted by criminals at 11:08PM. No one knows who was in Car 3. All that is known is that the GPS was disabled and 16 minutes later her car and Car 3 drove left out of the Shell station.

There's no reason for any smoke to be around Danni's disappearance. She was at the Shell station because she misplaced her phone. Out of the blue, there's Car 3 intercepting her. Where did Car 3 come from? Why did Car 3 decide to disable her GPS? Where is Danni today? Car 3 is the problem.

Who has motive to want Danni to completely disappear, and who knew that the GPS had to be disabled at the Shell station for a clean getaway?

The joke is on me though as now I have to take it back to the dealer to be reset. God knows how much that will cost. I called the dealer to find out today and they said they have no idea how to price the situation as they have never had someone call with this scenario. I'm hoping they can't figure it out and so I'm charged $0!!!!

Oops.

There must be a video to undo what you did.

I have been focusing on the type of GPS (navigation/homing) because I think there are different motives for disabling a LoJack style tracking device versus GPS Navigation + maps in a car.

If someone merely helped DNV disable the LoJack so she could drive away without paying for the car, that's one situation. If someone cut the entire on-board GPS navigation software, DNV would no longer have access to any maps since she would not have her car GPS or her phone GPS. I don't know that someone would disable that to run away.

OnStar system is the system that you can talk to. Like a Navigation with Siri. You can just say, "OnStar find me a dry cleaner, or OnStar I have a flat tire, send help". You can talk instead of type. It is a paid subscription but normally free on a new car for a few months. It automatically tracks you. Different than LoJack and the GPS system. If that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam