Supreme Court Nominee

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of committing sexual assault when they were in high school, has hired Democratic operative Ricki Seidman to help navigate a potential hearing in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Seidman, now a senior principal at TSD Communications, confirmed her role in an interview with Politico.

Seidman worked as Joe Biden’s communication’s director during the 2008 general presidential election campaign after Biden was picked as Barack Obama’s running mate. She also assisted in guiding Sonia Sotomayor’s confirmation to the Supreme Court.

Before then, Seidman was a deputy communications director in the Clinton White House.

Ford taps Obama, Clinton alum to navigate Senate hearing

Dear Everyone,

Please watch out. I woke up cranky and I have no chocolate.

Please remember mainstream media sites only.

If this thread looks like it is starting to flame out it will be closed.

Thank you,
Ms. Cranky.

I am not sure who to believe, but I saw a news blurb, that had dozens of women, stating, "I believe", in support of the accuser. One Senator from California was quite vehement in her support for the accuser.

How can they be so sure that this incident occurred?

In the Harvey Weinstein case, dozens of women came forward with testimony after he was accused of sexual abuse, rape, assault.

In this situation, I have not seen any other women come forward. That does not negate the testimony of the accuser, it just is a statement of fact.

I know this much, who would want to be in politics any longer? That type of scrutiny in minutiae, of every single potential issue you may have done since birth is dissected. I recently had a 20 year background check, they brought stuff up, I couldn't even remember! Must be cognitive decline.

And how can anyone be certain that it didn't happen. We have some in positions of power saying that she may have made a mistake in her identification of Kavanaugh and one today that said not to worry, Kavanaugh will be confirmed.
Almost as though her testimony will mean nothing and minds are already made up.
I believe her because of how she came forward. She didn't go to the media. She wrote a letter to see if anything could or would be done.
She asked to have her identity kept under wraps.
She is a professional woman and has no need for all that this has brought her.
I truly think she considered coming forward a duty.
And I look at what we know of the Kavanaugh and Judge (by his own writings) teen years.
Based on what we know I think she is telling the truth. IMO

What I don't understand is why they are in such a big hurry. To not even want to have a proper investigation?
At this point it seems like a power play and roadblocks are in place. Just read an article that Ford can't be there until Thursday due to being uncomfortable in confined spaces.
She would have to drive versus flying and can't make it until Thursday.
Grassley insists she testify the day before Thursday.
Seriously what difference is one day going to make? IMO

What I don't like about this situation, is that people are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. One cannot just make an allegation, and expect it to stand alone.

The political polarization is disturbing. This man should not be "judged" on an allegation this serious, because a person does not like his political views. That is completely separate.

I believe Kavanaugh is completely innocent of what this woman has accused him of- my personal belief only at this point. I could see right through this tactic- it came out of the well-used bag of dirty tricks by a certain group of folks. It's been used very successfully in the past, so it's used repeatedly. It's troublesome because sometimes there is at least partial truth to an incident, and sometimes there's not- but it can never be fully verified or dismissed. What makes me terribly sad is that in this day and age, simply an unverified accusation seems to be as good as a criminal indictment and conviction. Very scary times. There has been no rush or lack of transparency to hear her out and ask questions, but there's been delay and lack of transparency by those who claim to be respecting and protecting her. I believe that Ms. Ford was likely to have had an experience at least somewhat similar to what she now recalls, in high school, but there will be no way to ever prove or prosecute who the other party was, IMO. Unfortunately, the incident as she has described remembering was, and still is, common among teens. I also believe Ms. Ford is being used, at this point, and that is just wrong. This whole thing is a tragic attempt to ruin a good man's life and legacy, not to mention his wife, children, parents, etc. Hoping Ms. Ford tells her story and answers questions ASAP, and the same for Judge Kavanaugh.

Attempted rape is common among teens so no problemo? I was reading online and people are saying teen boys read this as saying it is ok to rape and teen girls are reading this and seeing it is ok for them to be raped

This is interesting. Email sent to woman who possibly attended party in 1982. So at least we know there was a party now for those who had any doubt.
Republicans on Senate panel asked her to have a "confidential" phone conversation regarding party.
Email was also sent to a small number of people. Some not identified
Ooops page not found but CBS news has the article and information. IMO

Last edited:
Attempted rape is common among teens so no problemo? I was reading online and people are saying teen boys read this as saying it is ok to rape and teen girls are reading this and seeing it is ok for them to be raped
Well we can't do anything to the boys because what about their future? (See: Brock Turner.) And we can't do anything to men because it's unfair to punish them for what they did years ago.
Girls and women though? They can be sacrificed. Futures and pasts.

Just going by memory....I think she said the delay was due to trying to honor the request by Ford to not give away her identity. IMO
Allegedly Ford didn't want her story to go public. Feinstein made it public big time. She just waited a long time before she did it.

Amazing how many adult woman think this is completely normal behavior from male teens/men.
And I don't mean on this thread. Watched an interview of women today and they were saying in effect it happens.
And of course males and all of us take our cues from society.

Not sure how that came about. I do know that the media uncovered the identity of Ford and were essentially staking her out,so she (Ford) did come out to confirm.IMO
How did the media find out about this confidential matter?

A leak by someone who had access to the letter? Seems likely to me. A leak that "forced" Senator Feinstein to make public something that the alleged victim didn't what known to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member