TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered his apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pull up the edit pop up, select all, copy, then paste into a new post.
Delete this one and note that two of the images in your post are broken.

Here is an overhead in case it helps in knowing where the pool and what appears to be a courtyard are both located.

pasted in BB Code Full

South_SIde_Flats.jpg

Same image BB Code full linked

I think the full linked code works best and too lazy to try the HTML codes or Direct link comparisons, either of which may actually work better still.

It has been very convenient for me... The newly released search warrant on Thursday was looking at townhomes at Arch Place.. If his windows face the courtyard, the Arch Place neighbour diagonally opposite Powhattan St would not have any clue. I have more confidence in my guesses now.

I should add footnotes to my previous post, but can't edit now:

Red circle: Bo's apartment
Purple circle: AG's apartment
Yellow circles: various other places - garage entry, staircase where rescue went down, the illustrative sign on the outside wall listing apartment numbers in that block

Last edited:
Thanks! This is taking much longer than I expected.

Moving down Powhatten St, to the building towards the back with the internal courtyard (not the pool)...

Images Deleted

It's getting really late for me.. I will add explanations later.

I will add where I think the neighbour was.
How I came to my guesses:

https://image.ibb.co/iTjqre/Capture_2018_09_22_10_51_39_1.png

Capture_2018_09_22_10_51_39_1.png

I used:
  • That popular neighbour's vid that shows AG pacing the hallway, and EMS leaving down staircase
  • CNN's vid showing the hallway, his door, and inside his apartment
  • The floorplan 'A3' according to ApartmentRatings
  • Google streetview naturally. One view shows the apartment numbers on a sign on the wall on Powhatten St

Last edited:
Pull up the edit pop up, select all, copy, then paste into a new post.
Delete this one and note that two of the images in your post are broken.

Here is an overhead in case it helps in knowing where the pool and what appears to be a courtyard are both located.

pasted in BB Code Full

South_SIde_Flats.jpg

Same image BB Code full linked

I think the full linked code works best and too lazy to try the HTML codes or Direct link comparisons, either of which may actually work better still.
Thanks, you are most helpful! It's a big struggle for me.

I need to run again. Will just repost the original 5 images.....

Has anybody been able to find any more public records besides the ones the media released?

ITA

I’m catching up, and this may have already been mentioned. It may also be inconsequential, but just one more thing that bothers me:(bear with me :))

OTR truckers are limited to driving time hours because of safety risks (those vehicles become weapons). -

How is it that AG, who was working so much OT, be permitted or be mentally fit to moonlight as security? This seems reckless - (at best. ) Truckers aren’t “trained” to use their vehicles as deadly weapons, but she was.

(Of course, it’s a mystery if she was acting as security/LE/or ordinary citizen that evening. However, she was treated with special privileges...)

You are helping to make the point that I have been implying, about how dangerous sleep deprivation can be. At a certain point, it is the equivalent of DUI. Having had untreated sleep apnea for years, I was routinely pulled over by State Troopers who were frustrated that they could not arrest me on the spot, for driving while impaired with no findings of alcohol or drug use (LE relies entirely too much on horizontal nyastigamas evaluation to determine presumptive intoxication).

Also, I still want to bring to the table the possible use of Provigil/Nuvigil to stay awake by AG (the U.S. Air Force gives it to pilots, but it can cause psychotic episides), and Ambien (ask Roseanne Barr) or Lunesta to fall asleep on a rigid back-to-back mandatory 12 hour shifts schedule.

Also, IF AG was working as a "security guard", she was likely working as a "Courtesy LEO" for the apartment complex. Meaning that she may have gotten a rent discount for simply being a commissioned LEO living on site. (It used to make the public feel safer.) The thought is that criminals won't live where cops do. Back in the day, the leasing manager would make a point of saying that "we have 3 LEO living here", as a selling point; implying how much safer it made the place to live at!

Also, if there is a problem, they can call her for a faster response like when "There is a fight at the pool, we've called the Police but...". Or she could also help with simple problems like noise complaints or the smell of marijuana, or possible drug deals, or domestic violence.

Good luck finding any details about her Courtsey Offiicer status now, considering the serious Civil tort liability that South Side Flats and DPD now face over ones participation in the program, and the official or taccid approval given by the other (DPD). Thst is why South Side Flats kicked AG to the curb, putting her out of her apartment, so quickly!

Last edited:
I just watched a bunch of interviews and news clips on this tragic event. It seems that the basis of our theories are lining up with Botham's family, friends, and supporters. From what I saw in the various reports, the two most damning pieces of evidence against AG are (1) the bright red carpet in front of his door (2) that witnesses heard her shouting "let me in".

The various reporters/commentators also said that they are all eagerly awaiting the tox reports, the information from the key pads on both *her* door and his (did she go to her apartment first before she went to his?), and whether she registered a complaint against him...or was playing rent-a-cop and *responding* to a complaint against him.

All seemed to agree that there were two vastly different reports of the event from DPD, vs. the Rangers. Further, one commentator said he thought she is going to walk. I strongly disagree. I think the keypad info and the witnesses who heard her will not bode well for her defense.

Amateur opinion and speculation

How I came to my guesses:

https://image.ibb.co/iTjqre/Capture_2018_09_22_10_51_39_1.png

Capture_2018_09_22_10_51_39_1.png

I used:
  • That popular neighbour's vid that shows AG pacing the hallway, and EMS leaving down staircase
  • CNN's vid showing the hallway, his door, and inside his apartment
  • The floorplan 'A3' according to ApartmentRatings
  • Google streetview naturally. One view shows the apartment numbers on a sign on the wall on Powhatten St

Let me ask you a question though .. I do think you are absolutely right about the apartments and all of that .. But I watched a video on facebook of a girl walking and recording video and their was blood at the entrance where the office buildings are and she walked up these stairs that showed blood but it look like it was on a different building. But I absolutely believe you are right with the apartments. I'm just curious how blood got all the way over there. lol

I just watched a bunch of interviews and news clips on this tragic event. It seems that the basis of our theories are lining up with Botham's family, friends, and supporters. From what I saw in the various reports, the two most damning pieces of evidence against AG are (1) the bright red carpet in front of his door (2) that witnesses heard her shouting "let me in".

The various reporters/commentators also said that they are all eagerly awaiting the tox reports, the information from the key pads on both *her* door and his (did she go to her apartment first before she went to his?), and whether she registered a complaint against him...or was playing rent-a-cop and *responding* to a complaint against him.

All seemed to agree that there were two vastly different reports of the event from DPD, vs. the Rangers. Further, one commentator said he thought she is going to walk. I strongly disagree. I think the keypad info and the witnesses who heard her will not bode well for her defense.

Agreed. I think the DA will end up finding that link and I would pay very close attention to the timing. I think that going to be her downfall. I personally feel super confident in this case. Also remember both of those statements were sworn statements, Its going to interesting to see which one budges..

But in reality, it proves that she lied. Period. Maybe neither one has to budge because those are her own statements and they are just writing them down. That's not going to go well with the Jury.

But I don't buy the AG story at all and I just have this gut feelings that she went up there for some reason and he answered the door and said something she didn't like and she looks like one of those cops that feels everyone has to bow down to them because they have a badge.

I found it interesting that the mom talks to her son at 9:30 every night but didn't get that call that night and thats a key detail. My husband calls me all the time on lunch at 1pm each day. If I haven't heard from him, I begin to worry.

Totally can see that based off of her ignorant pinterest post and repost she made. You gotta think after that incident in Dallas, it probably had cops even more pissed out.

It always a us vs them mentality.

I'm curious about her first shooting. If they will protect her over this, they sure as hell will over that.

I'm reposting the below, with edits, here in an attempt to address "It's always an us versus them mentality." as you said in your post.

My Dad was a New Orleans Police Department Cop for 25 years. 19 of that as a solo Traffic/Foot patrol officer (1955 - 1974). This on the Canal St edge of the French Quarter, with Greek Sailor (and many other crazy, balkanized) bars, and an incredible mix of tourists, street people, grifters, addicts, criminals and businesses.

When sailors walked off their ships along the Mississippi River, from around the World, they walked up Canal St directly onto my Dad's patrol beat. (From the river, you had to walk past him to get to Bourbon Street, a few blocks up Canal St.)

In 25 years of active police service, my Father never had to draw his weapon in the line of duty (except on the range, and he didn't much care for that). He carried a night stick made from an oak table leg with an iron pomel, and he did thump heads (with his fists) when he had to. (I once watched him break up a bar fight by drinking a beer at the bar, and pulling another tired body off of the dog pile, between sips of beer, until he got to the instigators at the bottom.)

He was doing interactive/proactive "community policing" (on his feet 8 hours a day - not sitting in a car) long before the term existed, or became a catch phrase.

Then in the mid-70's New Orleans followed LAPD's lead, and phased out foot Beat Patrol Cops and put everyone in patrol cars. This isolated LE from the people they were sworn "to protect and to serve". That is when everything started to go downhill, and the "us versus them" mentality started to grow and fester, and this change is what has brought us to where we are today.

American LEOs are now drilled and trained to respond exactly as AG did. It started in Los Angeles after two cops were executed with their own guns in an onion field in 1963 ("The Onion Field" by Joseph Wambaugh). After that, LAPD changed their training and tactics, and the rest of America followed suite. (Remember the Adam-12 and S.W.A.T TV shows? Thank Jack Webb, a LAPD fan). Leading to patrol car officers only and the militarization of U.S. LE Departments.

SWAT, foot beat cops replaced by patrol cars, the "21 foot rule" ( THAT Cop's death happened in a Colorado bar), 2 rounds to the center of mass and repeat until the PERCEIVED threat is neutralized; these are LAPD innovations that lead us to a "us versus them" policing policy, that in turn lead to the Rodney King incident, and all that has followed since.

This culture made AG what she is, for this reason, the "thin Blue Line" will protect their own, but only up to a certain point.

Like Jessica Rabbit, Cops aren't bad, it just has to do with how they are trained to do their job, in a VERY hostile environment.

"Those who do not remember their history, are doomed to repeat it"

Please look at how we got here, in order to begin to find a way to fix the problem.

By the time my Father retired in 1980, he was not comfortable with the new breed of Cops on the street. The horrific wave of police violence, corruption, and police drug trafficing in New Orleans, that followed his retirement, tells me that Dad still had good street instincts, and that he was right. It was a good time to get out of Dodge!

Last edited:
Consider that the apartment complex would have to go through legal process to evict her. I doubt they would have legal standing to force anyone to leave right now just for being arrested without process. Maybe they would, but, I bet having been there only a month, she wisely left of her own accord.

Thst is why South Side Flats kicked AG to the curb, putting her out of her apartment, so quickly!

An article earlier in this thread today mentioned police officers storming into a man's home, and getting a shotgun blast. Fortunately, no one was killed.

I wonder what the narrative would have been if Mr. Jean had used a gun to defend himself? If he had killed the Killer?

If I were a witness to any aspect of the crime, I'd leave the area to wait and see. Staying means waiting and seeing if any pulling for her decide when they'll make sure you get a message.

Agreed. I think the DA will end up finding that link and I would pay very close attention to the timing. I think that going to be her downfall. I personally feel super confident in this case. Also remember both of those statements were sworn statements, Its going to interesting to see which one budges..

As others, and myself, have asked up thread: Will they test AG for anabolic steroids? They are not included on standard Toxicology Panels, and require specialized analysis.

The testing for anabolic steroids should be mandatory post all LEO involved shootings, whether on or off duty!

I'd like to know how any in the 4th estate know what any witnesses told police and committed to writing. I doubt any statements have been released or are anywhere other than a non-public record investigative file.

Did any of them claim they got their information from any witnesses?

I believe that verbal exchange likely happened, but, I haven't seen proof of such statement and we likely won't until this goes to trial, assuming nothing bad happens to any "witnesses".

Has anybody been able to find any more public records besides the ones the media released?

The only official documents that would be public record that I haven't seen would be the sworn affidavit of facts to establish cause for the several search warrants after AG was arrested.

I'd say multiple reporters and even citizens have obtained those and the reporters know they'd get black balled for publishing them and private citizens likel got those with a stern warning of sorts.

Just a guess.

Consider that the apartment complex would have to go through legal process to evict her. I doubt they would have legal standing to force anyone to leave right now just for being arrested without process. Maybe they would, but, I bet having been there only a month, she wisely left of her own accord.
I agree. She would have people recording her every time she came or left her apt. And I'm sure a few would be taunting her as she passed by, asking; "Do you know where you live?'' Also, why would she want to stay in the apt complex that would be a constant reminder that she killed an innocent man.

I wonder if she moved herself out or had someone do it for her. My guess is someone else.

I agree. She would have people recording her every time she came or left her apt. And I'm sure a few would be taunting her as she passed by, asking; "Do you know where you live?'' Also, why would she want to stay in the apt complex that would be a constant reminder that she killed an innocent man.

I wonder if she moved herself out or had someone do it for her. My guess is someone else.
BBM. She does not think that he was innocent.

She doesn't?
She kept saying "I'm sorry" after she shot him.
What makes you say she doesn't think he was innocent. What would he possibly be guilty of?
Being in his own apartment that she thought was hers, being in his underwear, having a small amount of MJ in his apartment, even if it was even his.
Who was she saying sorry to? Him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member