GUILTY NY - Alexander Burrow, 20, & Bruce Kane, 18, double homicide, shot and car fire, Hamlin, Sept 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A car fire was found last week behind a warehouse in Hamlin. The two victims have been identified as Alexander Allen Cease Burrow and Bruce Kane, both former athletes at Brockport High School.

"We're looking for anything about activity on Lake Road, around King Road, videos you might have from your house, anything you saw, anytime your dog barked, we'll take it all," police said.

Additionally, police are seeking the driver of a dark-colored pickup who may have made a U-turn on Lake Road and was seen in the vicinity of the Crosby's convenience store there between the hours of 11 p.m. Sunday 9/9 and 1:30 a.m. Monday 9/10.

The burned out car was found behind 87 King St., a storage building on a dead-end road featuring several small businesses and warehouses that runs off Lake Road, or Route 19, in the hamlet of Hamlin. The fire occurred sometime between Saturday afternoon and early Monday morning. It was not reported until late Monday morning when the owner of the property happened upon the scene.

c1c1cd41-2e91-4298-b7d3-f0bed29cb90c-pjimage_4.jpg

7d2a8644-db09-4c68-8d4e-ec6583148078-Pickup_truck.PNG

Officials ID victims found in burned car in Hamlin, say both were shot

Thank you for posting this. I hesitated to do so, for some reason. One of these young men was a grandson of a long-time family friend. There isn't much known, or talked about, at this point. An awful, awful thing :(

Another celebration of life event is scheduled for Sept. 28 at Ontario Beach Park. The time has yet to be announced.

Police said they were looking for the driver of a dark-colored pickup who may have made a U-turn on Lake Road and was seen in the vicinity of the Crosby's convenience store there between the hours of 11 p.m. Sunday and 1:30 a.m. Monday. They do not believe the driver is involved in the crime itself, but may have pertinent information to the investigation.

https://www.democratandchronicle.co...ckport-vigil-hafner-park-clarkson/1316503002/

Left in fear, Hamlin community reaches out to News10NBC for answers

copied from news 10

"September 20, 2018 08:16 PM

It has been just over a week since the discovery of two badly burned bodies in a car in Hamlin.

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says 18-year-old Bruce Kane and 20-year-old Alexander Burrow were in the car. The sheriff said it was a targeted crime with no danger to the community, but that has not eased the fears of the people in Hamlin.

Neighbors have reached out to News10NBC for an update, so we went back to the sheriff.

Sheriff Todd Baxter told News10NBC that investigators did find the driver of the dark truck that was seen in the area the night of the crime.

Unfortunately, the sheriff says the driver didn't see anything that has been helpful to investigators.

"I think it is a secure community," said Hilary Moore, a Hamlin business owner. "I think that's probably why we're all wondering what's happening, why we haven't heard any updates."

Moore lives in Brockport, but runs a hair business out of a salon in Hamlin.

Courtney Ritchie owns the salon and lives in Hamlin.

News10NBC caught up with the two during a lunch meeting at the Farmer's Table in Hamlin. Both of them told News10NBC they're looking over their shoulder a little more.

"It is a brutal, brutal crime," says Ritchie.

"It's scary to think that could even take place, especially in a small town you don't expect to look on your phone and see that news pop up."

Last Monday, sheriff deputies discovered the bodies and what was left of the car the boys had been riding in.

Burrow and Kane had been shot and their car set on fire. It's a crime that has rocked Hamlin.

"Our evidence is showing us this was a targeted attack," said Baxter. "It's very specific towards these kids...they did not deserve to die and it's a case we're going to pursue right to the end."

Baxter says he's dedicated a team of investigators to this crime and adds, "We collected, for example, multiple, multiple videos that may or may not have information on them. The first thing is to capture those videos before they disappear...and then we go back and enhance them with technology then we look at them. We could be talking about hundreds of hours of video."

Baxter says investigators are looking for more video. He says if you have a camera in your car, or a security camera outside your home and you have been visited by law enforcement, please call 911."

Glad for this news update and also glad LE was able to speak to the pickup driver they sought. It's obvious to me LE has a lot more info that enables them to say the boys were specifically targeted. I'll speculate that info, in part, probably comes from friends and family members.
I've heard no "scuttlebut", which I think is a good thing at this point. Hoping with all my heart we'll hear of an arrest/s soon.

Seems the obvious thought is they were there to buy drugs and something happened. Wonder if their phones will show what happened leading up to it.

These guys arn’t anything like what I pictured when I read the headline. They’re so handsome and clean cut and good students. I know looks can be deceiving but what could the possibly have been involved in that they got popped behind a building? So sad.

Definitely well-brought up boys, for sure. It looks like they were either lured to that isolated spot, or had a planned meet-up. For what purposes, we don't know. One thing that puzzles me is even a car fire produces quite a lot of flames and smoke, so how did that burning car go completely unnoticed and unreported at the time in a small town?

I wonder if the boys had another passenger or 2 in the car with them, or were dropping someone else off there, thus the fire was set to cover any DNA or evidence that might have been left in the vehicle? Either that, or the killer/s hoped the fire might disguise the type of bullets used? Hoping their cell phones will yield a lot of info, assuming they had them.

Unfortunately, if they did have their cell phones with them they would have been completely destroyed in the car fire. I seen video on the news of the car being towed away it was burned so bad that the color of the car was burned off and all the windows were gone.

Being a small town and where the car was i am surprised that no one smelt anything too.

But, they are giving a time frame of 11pm- 1 am Sunday night Monday morning.
It was cold and raining, In one photo from the news it shows the ground so wet and large puddles. So i am thinking that people didn't have windows open. I dont know when the rain started or how long it lasted or how hard it rained its just a shame it didn't put the fire out before it got as bad as it did. Unless they used a lot of accelerant?

But, you would have to think that with the location of where the car was and homes someone would have heard gun shots.

This is a horrendous crime... i don't understand why anyone would think that they deserved to be punished like that. I'm sorry (18-20) are still kids in my eyes! Makes me sick to my stomach.

I think the fire was to destroy the bodies and the car so much that it would take LE a very long time to figure out who they where.

Unfortunately, if they did have their cell phones with them they would have been completely destroyed in the car fire. I seen video on the news of the car being towed away it was burned so bad that the color of the car was burned off and all the windows were gone.

Being a small town and where the car was i am surprised that no one smelt anything too.

It was cold and raining, In one photo from the news it shows the ground so wet and large puddles. So i am thinking that people didn't have windows open. I dont know when the rain started or how long it lasted or how hard it rained its just a shame it didn't put the fire out before it got as bad as it did. Unless they used a lot of accelerant?

But, you would have to think that with the location of where the car was and homes someone would have heard gun shots.

This is a horrendous crime... i don't understand why anyone would think that they deserved to be punished like that. I'm sorry (18-20) are still kids in my eyes! Makes me sick to my stomach.

I think the fire was to destroy the bodies and the car so much that it would take LE a very long time to figure out who they where.

I still don’t understand the difference in quote and reply, so forgive me if this is looks weird. @Autumndreams I hate these stories where the circumstances and all of the unknowns spell shady AF, yet nobody is talking about the case. I’m surprised almost just considering the fact that via my modest sleuthing skills it seems the families have available resources. We never know all the facts but this one is weird.

I haven't seen any video or photos of the burned car, but I have seen vehicle fires and yes, it's odd no one noticed the flames. Perhaps people did indeed have their windows shut if it was raining.
You're so right- they were just kids. You make some good points about no one hearing gunshots either, at least it hasn't been reported anyone heard a thing.

I'm thankful an arrest has been made, but these families' pain will go on forever. My husband's and my friend, one of the boy's grandmother, unexpectedly passed away yesterday morning. She had also tragically lost a son to a traffic accident just a few weeks before losing her grandson. How can so much pain be withstood? They all need prayers, folks.

I'm thankful an arrest has been made, but these families' pain will go on forever. My husband's and my friend, one of the boy's grandmother, unexpectedly passed away yesterday morning. She had also tragically lost a son to a traffic accident just a few weeks before losing her grandson. How can so much pain be withstood? They all need prayers, folks.

Oh Tripod, I'm so sorry. That poor family

Condolences and prayers to you and your friends

Jury selection is underway in the trial of the man accused of a double murder in Hamlin.

As of Monday evening, four jurors have been selected.

Deputies say 19-year-old Mason Earle confessed to shooting and killing 20-year-old Alexander Burrow and 18-year-old Bruce Kane. He's charged with first-degree murder and arson.

UPDATE: Trial begins for man charged in Hamlin double murder

Jury selection is underway in the trial of the man accused of a double murder in Hamlin.

As of Monday evening, four jurors have been selected.

Deputies say 19-year-old Mason Earle confessed to shooting and killing 20-year-old Alexander Burrow and 18-year-old Bruce Kane. He's charged with first-degree murder and arson.

UPDATE: Trial begins for man charged in Hamlin double murder
Thanks for posting this update. I'm pleased this is going to trial as quickly as it is, and wish more cases could move along faster than they do. Still, this will be difficult for the family. May the trial be fair and justice be done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back