Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some catching up to do, but first I like to place these images. Notice the waterline (different tides) in the same spot:

ICmDvFC.jpg

YbGyh1v.jpg

The fisherman:
U5scDvU.jpg

demonstrating his fishing net with which he scooped up the "heuptas":
X2EVDys.jpg
Funn av eiendeler tilhørende Arjen Kamphuis
Norway Police press release during these finds

The general PR about Arjen Kamphuis is:
Status i søket etter savnede Arjen Kamphuis
English TL underneath

Last edited:
Also I do not know if any WS members read the New York times about Arjens disappearance "The Dutch police searched Mr. Kamphuis’s apartment in Amsterdam, taking DNA samples from his toothbrush, Ms. van de Leest said."
(And yes!! I do bring up that tent again...hoping they will test DNA on it..)

The cooperation between Norway and CIA and NSA, has made Northern Norway a leading spy base for the US and NATO. At Fauske there is a radar station. These systems is said spying on the Russian navy's communication systems among other things. I belive this is well known information for AK and of interests, and could have something to do with his disapearance. Massiv norsk spionasje

Last edited:
The cooperation between Norway and CIA and NSA, has made Northern Norway a leading spy base for the US and NATO. At Fauske there is a radar station. These systems is said spying on the Russian navy's communication systems among other things. I belive this in well known information for AK, and could have something to do with his disapearance. Massiv norsk spionasje

If you want to work in this scenario, I can only see him as a NATO contractor, the nature of AK's areas of work and knowledge does not invite a "Blackhat" scenario IMO. :)

I am not good in making maps but maybe some one here is?
It would give a good overview where AKs belongings are found,the small airport,the tent,the militairy base,the radar station,the port,the train station,the phone pings....

upload_2018-9-23_12-51-54.png
I am not good at it, but this gives you a picture of where the tent was found... The area where the two green boxes is, somewhere there is the beach where the tent was found... Bodø is down middle... It is not easy to get there without a car, the bus doesnt go very often... The last days of his stay was not very good here (and thats when the tent has been there ) and the police there is used to people dump their tents around... The climbing gear is not for sale in Norway, I think and traveling with both the kayak, the climbing gear, tent and other things would be extremely expensive to take on plane. It is also no guarantee he would get this equipment with him on the plane, and I am really sure someone would remember him if he had them with him... To get to Lofoten you are almost forced to use a car to get around without walking or biking. The only oportunities you have to get there besides car, you have to take the coastal express or ferry. And if you dont have a car or bike with you it is not easy to get around, the buses seldom is connected to the arriving of the ferry or the coastal express...

You can take a small plane to the airport from Bodø but as I said it is extremely expensive and no guarantiee you would get all the equipment with you... And with no buses from the airports you have to rely on taxis, again expensive and people would have remembered...

Last edited:
If you want to work in this scenario, I can only see him as a NATO contractor, the nature of AK's areas of work and knowledge does not invite a "Blackhat" scenario IMO. :)
Snowden realesed information in 2013 about the Norwegian-NATO-NSA connection, as seeing this "satelite listening stations"as a threat rather than a security act, I do not think AK sees it differently.

upload_2018-9-23_13-25-7.png

Here is Rognan centre and the airport. I would be really suprised if the neighbour hasnt heard anything.. I dont think it is used much these days because they are discussing building houses there or using it as a helicopterbase. Would think that the local airport in Bodø needs to have information about landings there anyway because of security....

I made comments that is suppose to show when you click on each name, hope it works: map

BBM

eeh .... no.

What's with Norvikstranda? No findings related to AK were done there.

BBM

eeh .... no.

What's with Norvikstranda? No findings related to AK were done there.
works for me, Norvikstranda not in the list, whats with Norvikstranda ?

if you hold the mouse over Kvænflågtunnelen and click, a note will show on the left side, at least it does for me

A misspelling I guess...
But if someone here still thinks it is AKs tent - why not ask Tarjei Abelsen on twitter if the police has checked it out and how? He seems to have good relationship with the local police...

Well if that tip that s valid,the sighting of AK with 2 other persons (if Im not mistaken) talking German...could also mean that they met eachother there at Norvikstranda..?That the tent was used for a meetingpoint,orso?
Its odd that no one saw AK in Bodø,only to check in & out...when I am on vacation...I really like to eat breakfast,at least in a 4* hotel.
Just a wild thought,i guess from me

I would NOT think it is odd no one saw him here in Bodø, it is school holiday in Norway and a lot of people traveling to and forth from Bodø those days... It is a lot of young people working in restaurants and shops who dosent work there the rest of the year... It is musicfestivals also those days so we here in town is used to see foreigners all the time during the summer and dont really focus on the tourists. The people I know here in Bodø is not really suprised over that no one seems to have seen him at all...

It is much easier to spot tourists here in the autumn, winter and spring when we dont have so much of them.. During the summer it is not very easy and people tends to blend in in summer clothes or hiking clothes...

Last edited:
works for me, Norvikstranda not in the list, whats with Norvikstranda ?

if you hold the mouse over Kvænflågtunnelen and click, a note will show on the left side, at least it does for me

The tunnel has a blackout..... IMHO this does not work the same for everyone.

The map I see shows the route by car from Rognan to Rorvikstranda. It takes over 6 hours and part of it goes by ferry.

How about the search area's then,what the police and red cross did?
This comment is a little bit offtopic but in the case of Anne Faber,the police searched in the wrong area and the cartographer who made a map was right that the dutch police was searching in the wrong area..

upload_2018-9-23_14-30-2.png

Left and right side of Rognan - the mountains is steep on both sides so not much possibilities to search, is where police searched... I have no idea if red cross searched there too...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member