Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully
* stated he ran out of time to clean bc her flight was delayed. So he did not call off work . He according to some theories in here would have sat with the dead children for up to ten hours and her dead body three hours . I don’t understand how he could have “ran out of time” if he killed her under that theory
*she IMO would have acted differently with another woman . Separation with no affair does not mean divorce . Lots of times you can work through things . Especially she may have thought with her pregnancy.
*the money hmmmm Thrive supposedly she made more right ? But whose name was car leased ? I don’t know. But who paid for trips and how ? Who paid bills? Was anyone hiding debt or income? These are problems with a lot of divorces I don’t know the answers to all that so I can’t assume she would get alimony or support bc Colorado Laws seem equal
*unfortunately imo MLM success is based on the dream of luxury available working at home. The trips , cars and home are a reflection of success and increase your recruitment potential. Losing such status and the ability to promote band travel as much as a single pregnant mom of two would be hard.
*imo I think he was going to file
Respectfully, I am having a some trouble understanding your post, but I’ll try to respond as best I can:
  1. Who stated he ran out of time to clean? I don’t understand your first sentence.
  2. What do you mean “So he did not call off work?” I don’t think I said that, did I? What does “call off” mean?
  3. I haven’t seen a theory posted where he sat with dead children for ten hours. Can you point me toward that/those posts, please?
  4. She would have acted differently with another woman? What does that mean? Are you insinuating that she had a same-sex affair? I am really trying to understand here.
  5. I agree with “Separation with no affair does not mean divorce,” but I’m not sure what your point is as the end of your post you say you think he was going to file. ?
  6. I don’t know who made more. Do you have information on their salaries at the time he killed her?
  7. Why do you ask “Was anyone hiding debt or income?” Just curious; I don’t understand where you’re going with that. ?
  8. Why would she lose her trips and car?
  9. What band did she promote or travel with?
  10. He certainly may have been planning to file. Perhaps he even consulted with an attorney and decided divorce was too expensive.
JMO, MOO

Last edited:
And what are the odds that both chose to strangle the victims.
I'd say the odds are astronimical that they'd both supposedly commit rage killings with the same method. OTOH, modus operandi is a real thing and it's used to link a murderer to their victims, just like it is with bank robbers and other criminals.

I have had about ten years intensive experience with attorneys and the legal system (state and Federal), as a plaintiff in a civil suit. I saw lies, corruption (even of court employees), and manipulation. During those ten years I never encountered one honest, professional attorney. on either side. I saw The Rules of Civil Procedure, court rules, and laws violated with impunity. I have since learned my experience was not uncommon. So, IMHO, the Legal System needs to be doubted, questioned, and closely observed. Kudos to Gitana!
I am again saddened to read this. I have trusted my own attorney explicitly, with every detail about my past and plans for future as I age. I hope and pray he does not meet your description, and Gitanas description. Something else to worry about.
My opinions about any of these videos we have seen are based on my own interpretation, and not the twisting descriptions of others. IMO

While we are on the subject of reasons people get separated and do not like it, I never brought this up before because I don't think it is evidence of murder or affects the case, but I find it to be of extremely poor character for a husband (with the important caveat that neither he nor his children are in danger of real abuse) to move forward with a separation when his wife is pregnant. A woman has no choice at 15 weeks but to carry a fetus to full term. It is a significant sacrifice to make to carry a pregnancy to term for any woman. I find it vile for a man to choose that time to walk away (though of course it is far preferable to what happened here!)...it is the epitome of selfishness. Man up and make do like she has to until the pregnancy is over and not cause such unwarranted extra stress on her. It takes two to get pregnant in this case, and it should with two loving and respectful parents, take two to see a fetus to term and then do what is best for the family if it includes separation. But this is just my humble opinion.
I think this may have a lot to do with his disgusting reasoning to murder all of them. He would look so bad in others eyes if he just left his too little ones and SW being pregnant. It really would be a ****** thing to do. Of course, murdering them all is worse!

Rather, on the statement of his male AP, but I agree that at this point it is not evidence, but rather, hearsay. That male said CW complained to him of feeling "trapped in a loveless marriage".

That CW did not love SW to me is obvious from his behavior the morning after he killed his pregnant wife, though. Any doubts about it? Anyone still thinks he loved her???
If he loved her, he wouldn’t have killed her. He wouldn’t be cheating on her.

Last edited:
While we are on the subject of reasons people get separated and do not like it, I never brought this up before because I don't think it is evidence of murder or affects the case, but I find it to be of extremely poor character for a husband (with the important caveat that neither he nor his children are in danger of real abuse) to move forward with a separation when his wife is pregnant. A woman has no choice at 15 weeks but to carry a fetus to full term. It is a significant sacrifice to make to carry a pregnancy to term for any woman. I find it vile for a man to choose that time to walk away (though of course it is far preferable to what happened here!)...it is the epitome of selfishness. Man up and make do like she has to until the pregnancy is over and not cause such unwarranted extra stress on her. It takes two to get pregnant in this case, and it should with two loving and respectful parents, take two to see a fetus to term and then do what is best for the family if it includes separation. But this is just my humble opinion.
Where is that LOVE button?! I couldn't agree more. Inexcusable. MOO

We really don't know that any or all of the victims were strangled to death do we? That's only what the liar told LE. Let's remember, if he couldn't just leave because he would look bad, wore a shirt that he thought looked good on himself for interviews, then strangulation might seem less violent (to him) to say happened in other people's eyes.
Seems to me how he appears to others makes him tick.

@dixiegirl1035

“Do we know which day the phone was found? Was it found during the first walkthrough when Nicole was there?”

Coonrod found the phone and briefed Baumhover.

As per the Arrest Affidavit:

“Upon arrival Det. Baumhover was briefed by officer Coonrod and also learned Shannan’s personal effects including her cell phone, purse, wallet, and medication were located in the house”.

We don’t know who found the phone and I’m unaware if NUA was in the house when the walkthrough was conducted. It’s possible that she was as it was a welfare check which is very different to a search.

Amanda Thayner said she was never without her phone. When she and Nick went to their home for dinner and played Uno afterwards, SW had it with her even then. For this reason I think it’s very likely she took it upstairs with her that night, not CW.

When he left the house to dispose of the bodies, he had no need to hide the phone between the cushions because all the doors and windows were closed/locked, the front door latched, and the garage door wasn't able to be opened by anyone unless they had a lever or something similar.
I think her purse and cellphone are gonna be a bit of a problem for the defense. I don't have any young children now, but I always make sure I have my phone with me when I leave the house. You never know when you might have a flat tire, the car might not start if you're at an away-from-home location, one of the girls might have some sudden medial problem, DH might call, there could be an extended family emergency, or in SW's case, she might get a call having to do with Le-Vel/thrive. Also, why would she have left any of the going-out-for-a-while things at the house? If CW had said a prowler came in and murdered them, it would make much more sense to find those articles still at the home. And where do I put my phone when I'm going out? Duh, in my purse.
His alibi story is weak, weak, weak, IMO. He should have given it a bit more thought. It's gonna stick to him like tar.

Last edited:
I can't really respond to that without bringing my own daughter into this. When she was around 3, she was in a public swimming pool when she suddenly noticed the power of the water jets. "Look, Mommy! This feels GOOD!" After that, we had to have a long conversation about what is appropriate public behavior and what isn't. On the one hand, you don't want to shame your child for a very real biological reaction but, on the other hand, you can't have your kid straddling water sprouts everywhere they go.

The fact is, there are lots of nerves down there. The right kind of pressure on that area does feel good; we're partially built that way so that intercourse is enjoyable for us. It is weird seeing a young girl inadvertently discovering that certain things feel "nice"? Yes. It's icky. Does it mean that she is being sexually abused at home or has any kind of disorder? Absolutely not. We talked about this repeatedly with our pediatrician who assured us that this is normal-some female children just "discover" it far earlier than others. I have also spent quite a bit of time on the internet, perusing parenting forums and looking up parents with similar questions. It happens. A lot. Sometimes it's with hot tub jets, other times it's discovered while straddling the armrest of a couch while they're playing "cowgirl." But it happens.

Also...we have a season pass to a public swimming pool on the island in which we own a vacation home. We go several times a week. The pool has a splashpad like this. I see this kind of behavior at least once a day. Seriously, it's pretty normal.

It IS kind of weird, though, even for the parent. Since that first day we had to have that conversation with her, we've had to have a lot more. Now that she's 7 she is finally old enough to really start grasping what we're saying. Now she's totally embarassed by it. To be honest, I kind of miss the toddler "her" who was just innocently playing and didn't realize that she was doing something that others might think of as weird.

Kids are just weird. Bella might have simply been itchy because she needed to be cleaned back there. And her sister copied her a bit.

I don't see anything out of the realm of what kids do. I have seen so many kids do things like that.

I don't get the big deal here. I see nothing sexual at all and nothing bizarre.

They're funny, silly kids.

There's no evidence they suffered any abuse of any kind prior to their deaths and I just think the case is horrific enough without trying to make it worse.

I think love is complicated. Cheating on her is certainly no expression of love. And it's an expression of disrespect. But I do not agree that if he loved her then he would not be cheating on her.

IMO.
Cheating can be a self gratifying behavior. I actually think some cheaters have low self esteem and it makes them feel better about themselves having someone want them and it may or may not have much to do with their marriage/relationship they are in. But it's very self centered imo.

I have friends from elemenatary school, jr high, high school , college and my working life.

Several friends have died. My husband has friends of long standing but we stayed in the same place for decades.

I wish. The only disbarred attorneys I have ever heard of in MN are those that take money from their clients in illegal ways such as setting up a fake trust.

Yes, taking money from a client is one of the easiest ways to get disbarred. Lying to the Court, assisting a client to cover up or commit a crime, and repeated offenses concerning the same unethical conduct are examples that come to mind.

I have seen it posted repeatedly that C.W. said that he disposed of the bodies the way he did to protect Shanann’s reputation. This was not stated in the affidavit, and I have not seen it verified anywhere. Did people just make this up, or did I miss something? I think it’s extremely important that we stick to verified facts.

Last night I couldn’t quit thinking about these little girls, if they suffered pain and felt fear before they died.

If they were strangled in their sleep, they would have woken up at some point right?

I keep imagining what Shanann might have gone through before she died... did she know her children were dead? Did she witness their murders or see their bodies? Did she suffer any physical pain? She must have been terrified for herself and the girls, and for the life of her unborn baby. I am following WH’s trial right now in Savanna Greywind’s case, so thoughts of Nico and a pregnant mother’s fear and last moments are very fresh on my mind.

I have seen it posted repeatedly that C.W. said that he disposed of the bodies the way he did to protect Shanann’s reputation. This was not stated in the affidavit, and I have not seen it verified anywhere. Did people just make this up, or did I miss something? I think it’s extremely important that we stick to verified facts.
I've been confused about this as well. I sense that there are lots of things being said/theorized on other sites (such as FB groups) and it's getting brought in here. I would love it if we could only respond to theories that have been expressed by members of this forum. Would avoid a lot of back and forth I think! JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288