Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her purse and cellphone are gonna be a bit of a problem for the defense. I don't have any young children now, but I always make sure I have my phone with me when I leave the house. You never know when you might have a flat tire, the car might not start if you're at an away-from-home location, one of the girls might have some sudden medial problem, DH might call, there could be an extended family emergency, or in SW's case, she might get a call having to do with Le-Vel/thrive. Also, why would she have left any of the going-out-for-a-while things at the house? If CW had said a prowler came in and murdered them, it would make much more sense to find those articles still at the home. And where do I put my phone when I'm going out? Duh, in my purse.
His alibi story is weak, weak, weak, IMO. He should have given it a bit more thought. It's gonna stick to him like tar.
Excuse me if someone has already asked..I'm just catching up..why is the phone a problem? He admitted he strangled her, and buried her body, along with dropping his daughters into two tanks. Doesn't sound like an alibi to me. Unless, maybe you mean before LE knew, when he was giving his interviews. Perhaps that's what you're meaning, and if so, forget my query! :)

That is what I think. But why the phone in the couch?

I do think she made it upstairs.

I can see him killing her because I think he grew to hate her. He may have had it as a dream and then he did it, Visualize it and then do it. An ugly take on what those motivating hucksters tell you in how to succeed .

But the children? He grew to hate his children or he did not care about them in the first place?

When he was singing while making a meal , he seemed authentic. He is not a killer like those that kill their own selves. They apparently believe the world revolves around them and the family cannot function without them. I think those kind care in their own twisted way

He is a killer who wants a different life. He has no intention of dying. Did he ever care?

My husband said in order to kill, such as in the military, the enemy has to be dehumanized. That is why they are given ugly names.

Did he dehumanize the children? To me SW does not enter into my thoughts.It is obvious he grew to hate her.But the kids? What would you even say to yourself?

Sometimes, the parents who kill children, convince themselves they have to do it to protect them. For example, Dad decides he has to kill Mom because he hates her and he has a new girlfriend---so he decides to protect his children from that tragic decision, by killing them too. That way, he is their protector, not their killer.

It has a 34 gallon fuel tank with a real world range of 510 miles.
I errantly said several or many threads ago I thought all Ford Super Duty trucks were diesel. I apologize, that is not correct. I know of a business with many 3/4 and 2 ton trucks, though they were all diesel with giant fuel tanks (40 gal) there are gas versions. Sorry.

In the video, SW tells CW to stop them and he tries somewhat so I think awareness that this wasn’t appropriate can be assumed. But then she posts it on her FB which is where I got it. I’m confused by that. I’ve taken some heat by sharing this video. The majority believe he killed them all. I believe that, too but of course I don’t KNOW. I don’t understand how people can believe he’s capable of murdering his entire family and of having affairs with both sexes but it’s a stretch to believe he was capable of sexual abuse? Of course children explore sexually but at this age? I raised two daughters and have been babysitting my three grandchildren (one girl age 11 and two boys ages 10 and 2) since birth and I’ve never seen them play like that.
It's a pretty common fact that children "discover" themselves as some point. (Personally, I wouldn't have posted it on FB because there are so many weirdos out there that would have interpreted as sexual.) OTOH, we have no evidence that indicates any type of CSA in this case. That could change as facts become available during trial and I'm confident the ME checked for signs of it in all deceased parties. I think the reason some have speculated about it is because some reports have made it appear he may have been hypersexualized. I don't think that would necessarily extend to pedophilia though. JMO

Thanks for that! I'm not feeling disrespected or offended.

You express a highly charged opinion that is based on speculation, you better be ready for it to be challenged.

That's totally legitimate. These posters have an absolute right to challenge me on that. Absolute.

The only thing that chaps my hide is if my words are misconstrued. Otherwise, I respect their right to strongly react to my stated suspicions!

That's only fair.

You, my dear, are a gem! :)

Familiar with the term. Lots of possible reasons the prosecution wants the coroner reports sealed. :(

I would be interested in your ideas of reasons the prosecution wants the coroner reports sealed. Everyone else's too! I wonder if it's just to keep a lid on it all until trial so the fairness of the jury holds up during appeals. I'd live to hear other ideas because I really find myself wondering!

I would be interested in your ideas of reasons the prosecution wants the coroner reports sealed. Everyone else's too! I wonder if it's just to keep a lid on it all until trial so the fairness of the jury holds up during appeals. I'd live to hear other ideas because I really find myself wondering!
That is my opinion.BBM

I don’t think he would have visited the dump site twice. That would have been impractical, not to mention a tremendous risk. In addition, factoring in that it was the weekend, access to the site may have been difficult, or impossible.
Oooh, I can't wait till all electronic evidence comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if he buried SW first in the early morning, ran out of time, went to work, then quickly went back to the same site to dump the babies in oil when NAU called him. Certainly he couldn't go home with bodies in his truck.

Maybe LE had GPS info that he went there twice, so he confessed quickly.

This scenario was my wild imagination before and I'm starting to believe it. If it wasn't for NAU, he would have at least buried poor Bella and CeCe.

Oooh, I can't wait till all electronic evidence comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if he buried SW first in the early morning, ran out of time, went to work, then quickly went back to the same site to dump the babies in oil when NAU called him. Certainly he couldn't go home with bodies in his truck.

Maybe LE had GPS info that he went there twice, so he confessed quickly.

This scenario was my wild imagination before and I'm starting to believe it. If it wasn't for NAU, he would have at least buried poor Bella and CeCe.
My thinking is a bit different from yours. I think all the bodies were dumped at the same time.

It would have been incredibly risky to keep the bodies of his dead children in his vehicle for any length of time.

I also don’t believe that he planned to bury them all, rather, I think he planned to dump them all in the tanks, but ran into a logistical issue that prevented this.

On that last point, the fact that he had a shovel on him, complicates things for me. He may have simply been prepared for complications though.

My thinking is a bit different from yours. I think all the bodies were dumped at the same time.

It would have been incredibly risky to keep the bodies of his dead children in his vehicle for any length of time.

I also don’t believe that he planned to bury them all, rather, I think he planned to dump them all in the tanks, but ran into a logistical issue that prevented this.

On that last point, the fact that he had a shovel on him, complicates things for me. He may have simply been prepared for complications though.
We will find out if there's trial. Your scenario depicts CW as more evil and cold than my scenario. My gosh, how could anyone plan oil tanks as their family's burial site. So so very evil if true.

That's my current theory for explaining the phone's location
(subject to change as we learn more info).
I think he waited in bed for her to come upstairs after she got home, but she went to the girls' rooms to check on them first. I think the girls were already dead and in their beds. I think he saw her on the monitor trying to revive one of the girls-- maybe SW was giving CPR/mouth to mouth or just checking for a pulse.

I think he rushed out to stop her and at the same time SW may have run out of the girl's room yelling for CW and getting her phone out to call 911. They would have met in that area by the couch. I think a struggle happened there and her phone landed in the couch during the struggle. I'm guessing he either overpowered her and got her in the bedroom or maybe she ran for the bedroom (Did they have a landline phone? Maybe by the bed?) and ultimately he strangled her on the bed. Hence the reason he stripped the sheets off the bed.

IMO, that's why he mentions in more than one interview that he saw the girls on the monitor. He did see something happening on the monitor-- SW trying to save them. And that's why he came up with his ridiculous story about seeing SW strangling them. If there is SW's DNA on the girls it will be because she tried to save them. MOO.

“IMO, that's why he mentions in more than one interview that he saw the girls on the monitor. He did see something happening on the monitor-- SW trying to save them. And that's why he came up with his ridiculous story about seeing SW strangling them. If there is SW's DNA on the girls it will be because she tried to save them. MOO.“

This could indeed be the ring of truth re: the monitors, Gardener...

Last edited:
I can’t remember but I read the arrest warrant again LE believed the girls were killed between the 12th and the 13th and SW killed the 13th. One of our WS members said a very credible friend of hers who lives in Colorado near the Watts got word locals said SW was fearful going home from airport because CW wouldn’t let her talk to the girls. If this is true I’m sure the girls were already deceased. IMO I think it’s very possible he could have disposed of the girls on the 12th in the oil drums and at that time realized SW was not going to fit through the hole and therefore after killing her he brought the proper tools, shovel to bury her.
I think LE and the DA were simply hedging their bet with the dates. They know for a fact that Shanann was killed on the 13th, but there’s simply no way of knowing if the kids were killed prior.

Your scenario does explain the shovel.

I don’t think he would have visited the dump site twice. That would have been impractical, not to mention a tremendous risk. In addition, factoring in that it was the weekend, access to the site may have been difficult, or impossible.
Brings up the question if is work truck is forbidden for personal use, work related only? Also on visiting the dump site, I'm still curious if the ranch had cameras of their own separate from Anadarko (if Anadarko has them). @MassGuy , any thoughts about if he put them in his back seat or the bed or the truck? Kinda looks like his truck had tinted windows in the back.

Brings up the question if is work truck is forbidden for personal use, work related only? Also on visiting the dump site, I'm still curious if the ranch had cameras of their own separate from Anadarko (if Anadarko has them). @MassGuy , any thoughts about if he put them in his back seat or the bed or the truck? Kinda looks like his truck had tinted windows in the back.
In the arrest affidavit, he said that he put them in the back seat. I have no reason to disbelieve this, as it seems practical.

I’m also incredibly curious about cameras, and what may be on them. I think LE already knows the answer in regards to when the bodies were dumped.

It will be real interesting what the The Liver-mortis shows as it will provide a much better timeline to when the deaths occurred. The poster did a great job in describing how it works. I asked my BIL and my Nephew about liver-Mortis both medical Drs and it’s really amazing stuff.

It will be real interesting what the The Liver-mortis shows as it will provide a much better timeline to when the deaths occurred. The poster did a great job in describing how it works. I asked my BIL and my Nephew about liver-Morris both medical Drs and it’s really amazing stuff.
I agree, that could be a very big deal here. I absolutely believe that they were all dumped at the same time, but liver mortis would prove if they were killed at different times.

And if they were, we have a cold-blooded premeditated crime. Spectacularly evil.

It's a pretty common fact that children "discover" themselves as some point. (Personally, I wouldn't have posted it on FB because there are so many weirdos out there that would have interpreted as sexual.) OTOH, we have no evidence that indicates any type of CSA in this case. That could change as facts become available during trial and I'm confident the ME checked for signs of it in all deceased parties. I think the reason some have speculated about it is because some reports have made it appear he may have been hypersexualized. I don't think that would necessarily extend to pedophilia though. JMO

I guess I’m one of those weirdos cause I don’t think children of that age would normally play in water that way.

I take the reasons stated in the state’s motion at face value. This is a high-profile case, the autopsy reports will be critical evidence at trial, and disclosing the results to the public prior to trial may taint witnesses that haven’t been interviewed yet, and it may also impact jurors. Any and all of these are reason enough for me.

There has been some speculation here about what the autopsy reports may show and I don’t really care to participate in that at this point. (I don’t mind if you or anyone else does.) I consider what we do know to be horrid and evil enough to deal with right now, and I usually have to brace myself to read the autopsy reports. I’ll leave it at that and hope you understand. MOO

I think the girls were disposed between time after the birthday party sun 12th and the time neighbors saw him bbq alone Sun eve which I think the neighbor thought was unusual leads me to believe the girls normally hang around their daddy while he bbq’s.

Well that is certainly not the opinion of LE. They clearly noted the time of the disposal as the 13th on the charging sheet.

COUNT 9-TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY (F3)

On or about August 13, 2018, Christopher Lee Watts, believing that an official proceeding was pending, in progress, or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously willfully destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings; in violation of section 18-8-610.5, C.R.S.

What time was the bbq? The girls had a bedtime of 6h30pm IIRC, so they would have been asleep during the bbq depending on what time the neighbor saw him bbq'ing outside.
I fear one of the kids hyped up from the bday party and cake may have not wanted to fall asleep while he ruminating/fuming and ........ I cannot get my mind off his frequent comments about the baby monitor in both local news interviews and also to LE. Ugg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member