Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
“IMO, that's why he mentions in more than one interview that he saw the girls on the monitor. He did see something happening on the monitor-- SW trying to save them. And that's why he came up with his ridiculous story about seeing SW strangling them. If there is SW's DNA on the girls it will be because she tried to save them. MOO.“

This could indeed be the ring of truth re: the monitors, Gardener...

BBM

Re: the bolding. It will be interesting to see how this plays out during trial. I can see the defense claiming that if CW's DNA is on the girls it will be b/c he tried to save them.

A lot of details around that DNA will need to be scrutinized IMO. There will be a lot of expert opinions, possibly contradicting each other, being brought to the stand around the neck DNA. IMO.

Well that is certainly not the opinion of LE. They clearly noted the time of the disposal as the 13th on the charging sheet.

COUNT 9-TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY (F3)

On or about August 13, 2018, Christopher Lee Watts, believing that an official proceeding was pending, in progress, or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously willfully destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings; in violation of section 18-8-610.5, C.R.S.

Delete please

Last edited:
Do Public Defenders fall into that category of "over zealous?" That would be pretty self-defeating if that is the case. JMO
IMO, many public defenders are there to get good trial experience with the end goal of going into private work. It certainly does not hurt your ability to snag a prime law firm job if you do incredibly well in a high profile case. Not saying that makes public defenders susceptible to questionable tactics, just saying that there can be motivation despite working for the government.

Well that is certainly not the opinion of LE. They clearly noted the time of the disposal as the 13th on the charging sheet.

COUNT 9-TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY (F3)

On or about August 13, 2018, Christopher Lee Watts, believing that an official proceeding was pending, in progress, or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously willfully destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings; in violation of section 18-8-610.5, C.R.S.
See attached I highlighted the counts. Count one SW the 13th kids counts 2& 3 12th- 13th

Attachments

• 628EE652-4C89-45C8-B0D9-0DBB017B5032.jpeg
    628EE652-4C89-45C8-B0D9-0DBB017B5032.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 22
I guess I’m one of those weirdos cause I don’t think children of that age would normally play in water that way.
Perhaps you could do some google searches and ease your mind. I found several articles about it right away with a quick search. I won't link them because I feel it might be off topic to continue discussing this matter, but it's very common for 3 to 5 year olds to do these things.

BBM

Re: the bolding. It will be interesting to see how this plays out during trial. I can see the defense claiming that if CW's DNA is on the girls it will be b/c he tried to save them.

A lot of details around that DNA will need to be scrutinized IMO. There will be a lot of expert opinions, possibly contradicting each other, being brought to the stand around the neck DNA. IMO.
I can't give much credence to that theory. There would have been screaming out for help or to ring 911.

I can't give much credence to that theory. There would have been screaming out for help or to ring 911.

I understand. But if CW's DNA is found on the necks of the girls, I am certain his defense team will be trying to explain how they think that came to be. Him trying to revive them is IMO one possible avenue they would pursue.

Good morning.

31431477_10155393402951935_2596021675591103017_n.jpg
Such adorable girls. Why would anyone hurt these beautiful little girls. Bella and CeCe's blankies are making me very sad this afternoon.

See attached I highlighted the counts. Count one SW the 13th kids counts 2& 3 12th- 13th
You don't understand what you are reading. On a PC affidavit you use a date range indicating the earliest possible time a crime could've been committed when you don't know the exact time. So, they have to use the 12th when they were last seen by a 3rd party up to the point they know they were deceased.

Nothing there is evidence LE believed they were killed on the 12th.

The Judge, the DA, and the PD (Megan Ring is our new State PD) all have great records. It's going to make for an interesting case.

When considering what @gitana1 and others of us have stated, people need to understand that those that have worked in the field understand there are things that are not illegal that are done on the regular. It is simply the way it often works. As the world becomes more connected via the internet, the presence of influencers in all matters grows. Considering what this country has just witnessed with regard to national politics you would think people would be more aware of the reality that the times are changing.
Our justice system isn't perfect but it is all we have and I think it should be highly unethical for any attorney being paid by taxpayers to try to unfairly influence public opinion in order to taint the jury pool in such a high profile case. The idea of it makes me shudder. JMO

I guess I’m one of those weirdos cause I don’t think children of that age would normally play in water that way.

It was unpleasant to watch for me since we as adults relate it somehow to a sexual context. Perhaps one of them simply tried to "sit" on the fountain/water and the other one followed while the girls probably just innocently "enjoyed" this feeling. They had fun.
I'm not sure if we are not interpreting too much in it.

Last edited:
It was unpleasant to watch for me since we as adults relate it somehow to a sexual context. Perhaps one of them simply tried to "sit" on the fountain/water and the other one followed while the girls probably just innocently "enjoyed" this feeling. They had fun.
I'm not sure if we are not interpreting to much in it.
Brand new here, glad this site is here! Still way catching up. But honestly it made me kinda uncomfortable for that video to be posted to interpret.

The Judge, the DA, and the PD (Megan Ring is our new State PD) all have great records. It's going to make for an interesting case.

When considering what @gitana1 and others of us have stated, people need to understand that those that have worked in the field understand there are things that are not illegal that are done on the regular. It is simply the way it often works. As the world becomes more connected via the internet, the presence of influencers in all matters grows. Considering what this country has just witnessed with regard to national politics you would think people would be more aware of the reality that the times are changing.
Sorry if this is a silly question, but is District Attorney Michael Rourke going to be prosecutor on this case? He seems very competent and no-nonsense from what I've seen of him in the videos so far on this case.

Such adorable girls. Why would anyone hurt these beautiful little girls. Bella and CeCe's blankies are making me very sad this afternoon.

I know. It is heartbreaking. I am going to my son's for a BBQ. Will spend a lot of time with my 3 yr old grand baby. She reminds me of CeCe. Very enthusiastic, expressive and energetic. I will give her a huge bear hug, until she wiggles free and wants me to chase her for more...so heartbreaking when I think about the 4 grandparents, missing these girls.

1534475744_648_Was-the-murderous-Colorado-husband-jealous-of-his-pregnant-wife39s-new-career.jpg 1534475744_742_Was-the-murderous-Colorado-husband-jealous-of-his-pregnant-wife39s-new-career.jpg
15 weeks pregnant....what energy is left in a woman who just got home from a long weekend, a delayed flight, at 2am? IMO barely enough to brush her teeth and literally crawl into bed. Completely physically exhausted.

I ache to write this, but perhaps that sheet was used to not to wrap and carry SW, but to wrap and pull her down the stairs? Drag her from the truck to her grave?....As fit as he might have been, he'd been quite busy on those stairs and putting his family in the truck, placing the babies in the tanks. He has no problem desecrating their bodies, it's not like he was lovingly carrying them.

Lastly, knowing what we do now, does this wedding picture not look like his mask slipped for a moment? Dead eyes. And look at hers, so full of life.

I know. It is heartbreaking. I am going to my son's for a BBQ. Will spend a lot of time with my 3 yr old grand baby. She reminds me of CeCe. Very enthusiastic, expressive and energetic. I will give her a huge bear hug, until she wiggles free and wants me to chase her for more...so heartbreaking when I think about the 4 grandparents, missing these girls.

Have fun with your grandbabies Katy, yes, give them lots of hugs. My favorite part of little toddler's body is their chubby little arm which CeCe still had. I'm going out to play a round of golf.

Happy sleuthing everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members