TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered his apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand corruption. Even though I have personally seen it. I have seen some crazy things, and the people who did those things are still employed. Nurses who have checked in dead bodies, medical screw ups, that are completely hidden, and anyone with sense can look at the chart, and know what really happened. I personally know one doctor, I wouldn't take a dog to, because I end up seeing his patients, and everyone in our medical community "knows" he is bad news. Why is he still allowed to practice medicine? Because of politics.

My hope is that the Killer will go to prison for this crime.

You know it when you see it though. It can range from seeing one type of person not being subject to the same laws as most others to majorities in legislative bodies inexplicably voting for things clearly against the will of the people. Then examine their campaign contributions and all the sudden you know why just as you know the machine has reformed this and that to make highly illegal and morally bankrupt acts technically not an actual statutory crime.

It matters not that such acts are indeed crimes at common law which is rooted in just a few simple maxims or tenents.

We don't have to understand right and wrong to know either when it is stuck in our faces. I am being a bit sarcastic with this comment. ;-)

I know you certainly understand much more about corruption than the average bear because you demonstrate a level of logic and understanding that isn't medicore or painfully average.

I am not implying in any form or fashion that you, a comlete stranger to me, are corrupt. :)

I don't understand corruption. Even though I have personally seen it.

No, I am not corrupt, and have suffered greatly from having a sense of ethics and morals. I understand the reason why people stay quiet. No one needs to devastate their career to rock the boat.

Fortunately, I changed jobs, to investigate people who are corrupt. Much more satisfying. Fraud and criminal thinking is rampant in our society at an unseen level at this point in time.

This is a double edge sword proposition.

I do indeed respect and appreciate good and honest law enforcement that perform their duties without fear or favor,

Our local medias inundate the people with non-stop reports that tend to be aimed at increasing the publics esteem for law enforcement with not-to-subtle suggestions that the meek masses of people should never question them and always humbly submit.

I have no problem honoring respectable and honorable law enforcement.

This seems to be ongoing absent probing and revealing reports into outrageous acts committed by less than honorable and potentially abusive law enforcement. I recall an accident where a career deputy allowed a 4 year old into his bedroom where he had his gun safe open with guns laid out over the bed. The child picked up a gun, shot and killed the deputy's wife. The deputy and other "adults" were standing in that very room's confining constraints and yet this actually happened.

He was not charged and I can assure you had a private citizen been the responsible party, they would have become intimately familiar with the back wall of the jail and without any consideration to the horrific grief they endured as a result of their careless mistake.

In the foregoing case, as in this one and many others, those who are trained to enforce and fully expected to know our laws and set an example for good, lawful and responsible conduct; are not held to the same standard as the people they indifferently jail with callous disregard for their grief.

We give our elected representation, judges and government employees regular passes for flagrant violations of the very laws they force subjection thereto upon those paying their way.

Just look what this nation, and probably yours, DID and DID NOT do to the blatant sophisticated and powerful criminals directly responsible for the global robbery involving the largest transfer of wealth from many to a few, in 2008.

Iceland was the only nation that took revolting exception and acted decisively against such unconscionable criminal acts.

I don't get this praising police for their service. I am pretty sure that most of them see it as a job. That is how it is where I live.

Last edited:
Even though I believe your understanding of a particular felony crime is erroneous, you sound like somebody I'd like to have as a friend and colleague. :)

I believe that BBM to be an understatement and that most people opt to remain in their safe bubbles looking away in order to not experience what most all knows happen if you stand and clear a path for cleansing sunlight that cannot be ignored.

The conduct you name proliferates because it is so often enjoyably profitable and most all know, unless they rob from or intentionally violate the rights of the wrong people, they will never stand accountable.

Fraud and criminal thinking is rampant in our society at an unseen level at this point in time.

Last edited:
An interesting thought is the possibility that the State has taken advantage of its free access to its various likely traffic cameras and other state owned surveillance. They may have good cause to know other things undisclosed about her story cannot reconcile, other than just the huge-red-flag-raising conflicting accounts of what allegedly happened, without respect for her premise of WHY being pretty danged far fetched and highly implausible.

I am waiting for the toxicology results to be, "Unable to decipher due to procedural errors".

That is "code", for, "We screwed it up on purpose for our buddy".

“We are predominantly black in St. Lucia,” she said as she prepared to return to the island for her son’s burial. “I never had to face any racial issues.” But now Jean’s death is being held up as evidence that blacks in America are not safe, even in their own homes.

How much his race played a role in what happened when Amber R. Guyger, a white off-duty Dallas police officer, arrived at Jean’s door on the night of Sept. 6 is unclear, as are many of the details of what led to the shooting. Even if it was a tragic error, Allison Jean wonders if Guyger would have fired as quickly had her son not been black.

A police affidavit says that Guyger, who lived in the apartment directly below Botham Jean’s, said she had parked on the wrong floor in the adjacent parking garage, and mistakenly believed she was entering her own home. When she saw Jean, she believed she was encountering a burglar, which the affidavit said she “described as a large silhouette.”

On Thursday, Allison Jean suggested that Guyger had invoked the term “silhouette” to imply that she did not know Botham Jean’s race.

“She would have been able to see his complexion,” Allison Jean said. “I think the word silhouette was deliberately used to erase the racial issue.”

Robert L. Rogers, a lawyer representing Guyger, declined to comment.

In another interview Thursday, a neighbor who lives on the same floor as Botham Jean said that she, too, questioned Guyger’s contention that it was too dark to see into the apartment. The neighbor, who requested anonymity because she is also a city employee, said that the lighting in the hallway is bright and illuminates the inside of the apartments when the door is open.

“Even if all the lights are off, I can see what my furniture looks like, I can see everything in the apartment,” said the neighbor, who said she heard a woman yelling in what she said sounded like “a one-sided argument’’ before gunshots went off on the night of the episode, after which she heard another voice, which she presumed was Botham Jean’s. Some of this account might comport with Guyger’s statement that she gave verbal commands.

But the neighbor said that the door could not have been ajar, as Guyger told police, according to the affidavit. “The doors are made so when you walk in they slam behind you,” she said. “They’re heavy
Allison Jean’s son, Botham Jean, was careful to avoid police officers. Then he was killed by one.

Even without TV and laptop on, perhaps lights on as it isn't like AG is believable, and likely without considering the blinds were open allowing city light in, I've maintained the light from the hallway appeared quite bright enough to stand alone in debunking her, "too dark to see and believed it was my place", tall tale.

Without even adding in the other light sources and she knew exactly where she was and had clear sight acquistion of her VICTIM to determine he was mortally hit and completely neutralized upon firing only two shots with one missing.

She did not empty her service gun's magazine as she was trained to do and allegedly entered into the "dark" room to provide assistance to her dying victim.

I'd like to know what shoe size she wears, see the size of her hands and know what DPD's standard issue service arm is. I'd also like to know if they have an alternative service weapon for grip-size challenged officers.

I'm saying what I've seen does not show her to have anything like small man sized hands.

Allison Jean’s son, Botham Jean, was careful to avoid police officers. Then he was killed by one.

In another interview Thursday, a neighbor who lives on the same floor as Botham Jean said that she, too, questioned Guyger’s contention that it was too dark to see into the apartment. The neighbor, who requested anonymity because she is also a city employee, said that the lighting in the hallway is bright and illuminates the inside of the apartments when the door is open.

“Even if all the lights are off, I can see what my furniture looks like, I can see everything in the apartment,” said the neighbor, who said she heard a woman yelling in what she said sounded like “a one-sided argument’’ before gunshots went off on the night of the episode, after which she heard another voice, which she presumed was Botham Jean’s.

Last edited:
HERE IS A HUGE TELEGRAPHIC FLAG!!!

Her attorney, assuming this is the correct Robert L. Rogers, is a prosecutor and has done so representing the State of Texas and now trains prosecutors for the State.

Google hit colloquy:

Law Office of Robert L. Rogers ... Supervised and trained trial prosecutors assigned to represent the State of Texas in Criminal District Courts; Managed an ...

https://lyongorsky.com/robert-l-rogers/

Litigation

• Lead attorney in over 125 jury trials
  • Experience in State and Federal courts
  • Outstanding reputation as Dallas County prosecutor for ethics & trial skills
  • Henry Wade Award recipient: 2006 – Outstanding Trial Prosecutor, Dallas County
Experience

Law Office of Robert L. Rogers
Sole Proprietor
August 2007 – present

• Litigation practice focusing on State and Federal Criminal Defense
  • Secured acquittals in jury and bench trials for clients charged with major felony offenses
  • Achieved excellent results including dismissals, Grand Jury No-Bills and reduced sentences for clients.
Dallas County District Attorney’s Office
Assistant District Attorney
January 1997 – August 2007

Felony Chief Prosecutor

• Supervised and trained trial prosecutors assigned to represent the State of Texas in Criminal District Courts
  • Managed an annual caseload of 1000 cases in the assigned District Court
  • Lectured and conducted trial skill seminars for Dallas County prosecutors
  • Lead prosecutor in numerous jury trials involving Capital Murder, Aggravated Robbery and other serious felony offenses.

If you have a link to that video, I would look at it, although I remember some saying it's rather gross:oops:

I should also add that I reserve the right to change my speculations any time!:D

But assuming the apartment is where I think it is..

1. It is indeed a long way to get there from the garage, by walking past all the other apartments in the north or south wing. Must be like 10 or more doors in between.
  2. If it does face the side street, towards NE, there would not be a lot of street light from the window. It faces the low rise townhouses, the security footage from which are being examined now.
  3. Where AG was seen pacing was just a door away from Bo's, she didn't walk very far. Dont know where the lift is.
Feel free to add your own interpretations!!

MOOO...

Dear Via Marple,
I found that video right after it was posted by the woman and posted it here.

That was deleted and all responses by others pertaining to the video I posted was deleted by Tricia.

That video and anything pertaining to it is not allowed here just so everyone knows.

Respectfully
Thora Jay

Investigators seek to trace Dallas officer's movements the night she killed neighbor

Investigators are looking to trace the movements of a Dallas police officer leading up to the night she shot and killed an unarmed man in his own apartment after, according to the officer, mistaking it for hers.

The Dallas County District Attorney's Office has requested records from Ring Alarm security system and are seeking to obtain search warrants for footage from doorbell security cameras at townhouses near the apartment complex where the Sept. 6 shooting took place in downtown Dallas, according to ABC News affiliate WFAA.

Investigators specifically want footage recorded on that day, from 8 a.m. local time to midnight, in an effort to track Amber Guyger's movements, WFAA reported.

Does your job include walking around with a bullseye on your chest? Because that is the situation that modern LE in the U.S. increasingly find themselves in.

The two most dangerous things LE can do are traffic stops and domestic violence calls.

The guy you just stopped, to write a courtesy ticket for a busted tail light may have a body in the trunk, and outstanding warrants, with a .45 under his thigh, as you walk up to the driver's side window. This is why American LEOs are now drilled and trained to respond exactly as AG claimed she did. And in the situation I just described, only seconds may stand between you dying or going home to your family that night!

On a domestic violence call, while you are cuffing the husband who just beat up his wife, the wife may come up behind you, and put a knife under your vest into your kidney! It happens.

My LE Dad and another Officer spent all day at court, joking and having a grand old time between appearances, testifying about Breathalyzer tests they had administered over the past several months. When Dad came home that night, he was really upbeat and happy about how much fun they both had that day. The other officer was killed that night, on the way home. In uniform, he stopped to help a woman with a flat on the Expressway. A teen driver veered onto the narrow shoulder and hit the officer as he was working on the lug nuts. The impact from the speeding car, and when he hit the roadway 30 feet away, killed him instantly. I had never seen my father quite so down as he felt the next morning, after he heard the news of his friend's death on the TV.

There was talk of the Officer's family not receiving his Police survivor's benefits, as he was not on duty at the time, and died just outside of the city limits. I think that the "Blue Line" and FOP came together and saw that his family was provided for.

Yeah, just another job. There ain't nothing better than a grateful public.

It you can't respect the service of the men and women who do this job, and put their lives on the line everytime they go to work, then please don't call 911 next time you're in a jam!

No one job is to be more respected than another. We all have roles to fill in our society. And there are many, many other jobs that involve dangerous and stressful situations. There are other jobs that people do that are unsung. Let's respect what everyone does, and not hold one particular role above others.

The problem some civilian observers have with this case is that it seems as though special privileges are being afforded to the killer because of the job she has, and that is inequitable. Those of us who are not LEOs would not be given the same treatment if we had accidentally shot someone and killed them. We would not be given the same treatment if we had purposely shot someone and killed them.

We wouldn't even be having this online discussion right now if it weren't for that.

I don't get this praising police for their service. I am pretty sure that most of them see it as a job. That is how it is where I live.
Military too. It didn't used to be like that but 9/11 changed everything. It still feels weird to me, and awkward, and most of my friends feel the same way.

Does your job include walking around with a bullseye on your chest? Because that is the situation that modern LE in the U.S. increasingly find themselves in.

The two most dangerous things LE can do are traffic stops and domestic violence calls.

The guy you just stopped, to write a courtesy ticket for a busted tail light may have a body in the trunk, and outstanding warrants, with a .45 under his thigh, as you walk up to the driver's side window. This is why American LEOs are now drilled and trained to respond exactly as AG claimed she did. And in the situation I just described, only seconds may stand between you dying or going home to your family that night!

On a domestic violence call, while you are cuffing the husband who just beat up his wife, the wife may come up behind you, and put a knife under your vest into your kidney! It happens.

My LE Dad and another Officer spent all day at court, joking and having a grand old time between appearances, testifying about Breathalyzer tests they had administered over the past several months. When Dad came home that night, he was really upbeat and happy about how much fun they both had that day. The other officer was killed that night, on the way home. In uniform, he stopped to help a woman with a flat on the Expressway. A teen driver veered onto the narrow shoulder and hit the officer as he was working on the lug nuts. The impact from the speeding car, and when he hit the roadway 30 feet away, killed him instantly. I had never seen my father quite so down as he felt the next morning, after he heard the news of his friend's death on the TV.

There was talk of the Officer's family not receiving his Police survivor's benefits, as he was not on duty at the time, and died just outside of the city limits. I think that the "Blue Line" and FOP came together and saw that his family was provided for.

Yeah, just another job. There ain't nothing better than a grateful public.

It you can't respect the service of the men and women who do this job, and put their lives on the line everytime they go to work, then please don't call 911 next time you're in a jam!
Other occupations are more dangerous and have higher death on the job numbers, but no one goes around thanking farmers and loggers and construction workers.
LEOs are not walking targets. Police work is not as dangerous as they would have us believe, but it makes for a good cover when an officer screws up and shoots someone who is unarmed/suicidal/deaf/at home chilling out.

Police Work Isn't as Dangerous as You May Think
However, the misconception that police work is dangerous, propagated by the media and police unions, could become a self-fulfilling prophecy— especially if police believe that they are going into deadly battle when they head out on patrol. They are likely to be nervous and trigger-happy and might affect their decision-making in a stressful situation.

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...ramatic-drop-in-police-officer-deaths-in-2017
Dramatic Drop in Police Officer Deaths in 2017
According to data released by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, as of Thursday, 128 officers had died in the line of duty in 2017. Forty-four of them were shot and killed. This is a 10 percent decrease from last year, which had 143 deaths, with 66 shot and killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph