Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not the only one. It seems like every experienced hiker that goes missing was experienced in their and their families minds but the reality was much, much different. Ugh. Where are you Paul?
Agreed. And then it’s one thing to be experienced and/or avid at home, and quite another to be at JTNP or DV, where the conditions are totally different.

He’s not the only one. It seems like every experienced hiker that goes missing was experienced in their and their families minds but the reality was much, much different. Ugh. Where are you Paul?
Yes on WS even how many missing hiker cases are we following that state the hiker was “avid” and “experienced.” Maybe it’s how that particular hiker is used to rolling, since they do have some experience and/or are familiar with the area. No one ever expects the worst thing to happen to them. But think about Paul in the sense that he was hiking in desert hot temps, wearing dark clothing, not carrying his cell phone, and likely in a bit of a rush to catch a plane later that day. What could probably go wrong did go wrong. Jmo

So he was not wearing a wristwatch? Experienced but not having a way to tell time to know when he had to be back at the hotel before catching the plane?

Clearly, if there was a flight to catch some method of tracking time was necessary. It isn’t reasonable, imo, that he was out there without cell or watch. Or something, right?
True. Either one for time. But I rely solely on my cell for that. Also the lack of a cell phone means no one was able to try and locate him that way, and he was not able to signal for help, assuming he would have had a signal. Also having a phone for calling if you’re running late as well, maybe even from parking lot (to be prepared in advance is what I mean). lot jmo

Clearly, if there was a flight to catch some method of tracking time was necessary. It isn’t reasonable, imo, that he was out there without cell or watch. Or something, right?
Yes, this certainly is very odd, if accurate? Perhaps he felt he knew exactly how long the trek would take and it wasn’t needed? Still very odd.

Last edited:
I think we need to see if Paul traveled for work. If he did find out where check there. He may have had a side piece that he couldn't turn down. Mexico, Asia, South America who knows. I think he ran off to be with someone. It wouldn't be the first time someone did this.

I think we need to see if Paul traveled for work. If he did find out where check there. He may have had a side piece that he couldn't turn down. Mexico, Asia, South America who knows. I think he ran off to be with someone. It wouldn't be the first time someone did this.

You and me both.

I cannot believe not a trace of him nor his footprints - or anything else - has been found in JT. I mean, not even a scrap of cloth, or a shoe, or anything that he happened to be carrying with him when he decided to return to the park.

You and me both.

I cannot believe not a trace of him nor his footprints - or anything else - has been found in JT. I mean, not even a scrap of cloth, or a shoe, or anything that he happened to be carrying with him when he decided to return to the park.
First we need to found out if he did do any traveling at all.

It seems rather likely he was purposely getting away and didn’t want to be found.
You and me both.

Not to mention, NO scent detected by six teams of search dogs. Considering everything we've learned, this doesn't come across as the typical lost hiker case, instead everything about it seems questionable.

He would have had to have his passport with him to travel to the US. Was it left behind in the car or hotel? Would it have been tracked if it wasn’t? Not that getting a fake is impossible. Apologies if that’s been hashed out already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FireSun42