AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped and BBM. This is pure speculation, but what if DNV expressed fear of someone or some situation to the people she was with that night (RC, MK, DW). They may have told LE, who asked them not to talk to anyone about the case. This would explain why LE and the three are not talking to the press or to anyone: they all know what happened.

What if LE are just waiting to find her body to bring charges? I'm not familiar with Mobile AL courts but some prosecutors really do not like bringing murder charges without a body. It is very difficult to prove a murder beyond a reasonable doubt when the person has never been located. The defendant would make the exact argument that has been made here: she drove off and disappeared.

ETA: This might explain why LE immediately brought dogs and search gear to a home recently to look for DNV but are not conducting the general SAR style searches in the community. They don't think she's missing, they think she's been abducted and harmed.
Yes, you sensed the confusion from the Chief when he made the statement that this is not a typical missing case.

Can you elaborate please?

I think what they mean is if it wasn't for DW it would be hard to prove that she just didn't pack up things and leave, from a LE perspective at least. After she was supposed to meet DW back at the bar and she didn't and DW then told this to LE, it makes for whoever did this to Danniella not as clean as they had hoped for and now people know she did not leave on her own

I would probably stay silent as well. Give my story to LE and that is it. We have seen on other threads what happens to people who talk too much about what they know, it is brutal, their lives get threatened. And all they have done is come forward saying, "hey I may have been the last person who saw .... alive".

And the more I think about it, the more ridiculous it is to keep pointing at the last people who were with DNV because they aren't talking to the media or a Facebook group. Really?

Any time I have ever represented a witness during an interview by LE (including FBI agents, local PD, federal prosecutors, agency attorneys) they always ask the witness to not discuss the interview with anyone else and to please keep both the fact of the investigation and the subject of the investigation confidential. Depending on the case they will say that discussing the interview can influence other witnesses who have not yet talked to the police, and can compromise the integrity of the investigation.

Of course, not everyone listens. But the fact that witnesses are abiding by what I know for a fact LE says every time they conduct an interview... It's not strange. Particularly if they are not the subject of the investigation or they have been cleared.

In my experience people tend to start discussing what they discussed with LE when they feel threatened or they feel LE is leaking information to the press. The urge to defend yourself is great (even understandable) if you feel you are being misrepresented. But when LE also keeps information close, there's less of a risk that a witness will talk out of line.

We know that Danni was going to meet DW at The Dublin. She had a plan, and what 24 year old can go an hour without a cell phone? Even if a super special invitation happened with Car 3 at the Shell station, she needed her phone more as that was her life line to her daughter and her job.

As Danni was leaving the Shell station to collect her phone, something happened and she didn't leave. In the next 16 minutes, the GPS on her car was disabled. There's no reason for Danni to do that. She was going to pick up her phone, not spontaneously ask someone at a closed gas station to disable her GPS. Keep in mind that DW stopped at this Shell station because Danni flashed her lights. It was never Danni's plan to go to this Shell station.

Her GPS is disabled at this Shell station even though she had no plan to be at the Shell station, and she is never heard from again.

I call that an abduction.

I think an abduction fits more than a voluntary disappearance as well. It does not seem that she would’ve had to create a ruse if she wanted to “start over” somewhere else. Her child was being cared for and she was working on goals and it seems like if she thought there were better opportunities to do so somewhere else all she would’ve had to do was say that or at the bare minimum leave a note. She would’ve taken some belongings or paid her rent up it seems like, in case things didn’t pan out, if she did in fact a good bit of money saved up. Or at least take her cash, seeing as it can’t be traced if she did not want to be found.

Agree the language is imprecise but the information at the beginning was even sketchier than what is in place now. I sense you are giving me major side eye here but really very little was know other than Dublin pub and DNV. The timeline, such as it is, is one persons attempt to put together the path of DNV the night she went missing. Clearly the timeline is a work in progress all these weeks later.

IMO the existing timeline wouldn't be so bad if the people involved had been interviewed by the press, active on social media talking about the case or participated in looking for DNV. This situation is made worse by LE being on radio silent and the Local Press has appeared to have been on vacation and not one investigative journalist seems to reside in Mobile. Its been crickets from the people that were last with DNV (if these people were in fact with DNV as LE hasn't even confirmed that these people exist). I actually find this situation interesting because its fairly atypical in what I've seen on missing cases but its hard to justify in my mind spending much time on this timeline unless you want to pull it apart word by word and simply ask questions? I'm not sure that would bring us closer to finding DNV but maybe it would? IDK.

So, we have a timeline created from sleuthing and conversatons with LE where really nothing can be confirmed because the people involved aren't part of the dialog on this case and we are seeing none of the source documents or messages etc. Its a tough call. Spend time on something where you can't see the underlying source documents/messages etc. or keep moving and focus on MSM reports and LE press statements?

What do you suggest?

I think that since this was not a bar hopping party train, we need to ignore all that goes with that perspective and look at the points that matter.

July 17 evening: Danni went for a drink with 3 friends. It doesn't matter what 2 of the friends did after they parted ways with Danni. Danni and DW had other plans, and it also doesn't matter what those plans were.

July 17 10:45PM: Danni and DW leave The Dublin.

July 17 11:05PM: Danni and DW pull into the closed Shell station. This is not a plan, but a completely spontaneous decision based on Danni flashing her headlights. There is no reason for anyone else to be there (there never was a "party train").

Danni and DW discuss the phone, and decide to return to The Dublin together to collect the phone. At 11:07 DW pulls out of the Shell station, and Car 3 prevents DW from leaving at the same time.

Car 3 and Danni remain at the Shell station for 16 minutes until 11:24, during which time Danni's GPS is disabled. Both cars leave the gas station together and both cars exit to the left.

Danni is never heard from again.

DW arrives at The Dublin - probably around 11:30 and retrieves Danni's phone.

The following morning, he attempts to return Danni's phone to JDT. He is unsuccessful. JDT tells him to leave her phone at a restaurant where Danni works.

JDT learns that Danni did not arrive at work.

Danni misses a visit with her daughter on July 19 at JDT's house.

July 20, in the morning, DW contacts JDT to tell her that he is going to police. He delivers Danni's phone to police. Danni is reported missing.

I think what they mean is if it wasn't for DW it would be hard to prove that she just didn't pack up things and leave, from a LE perspective at least. After she was supposed to meet DW back at the bar and she didn't and DW then told this to LE, it makes for whoever did this to Danniella not as clean as they had hoped for and now people know she did not leave on her own
I understand this but other than the phone going missing that night DNV had executed the perfect plan to leave Mobile and nobody would have been the wiser and her family seemed so concerned that they waited overnight until Friday to file the report. Why?

Did the family not care or was there some plan in place to get DNV out of Mobile for whatever reason that we as yet don't understand. We still have zero knowledge if DNV had been required in whatever TT was involved with in terms of litigation. TT seemed on a path to go to prison by the records that could be found. Would DNV not being present to testify mean that a key witness was now not available and so TT might get a reduced sentence and jail instead? Perhaps DNV was part of this entire plan as she didn't want TT to go to prison for an extended time? All I know is that some very good sleuthers can find zero on what is going on with TT location and litigation. Any questions regarding the matter are disregarded, dismissed or questioned as being irrelevant. This path of questioning has been going on since DNV first went missing nearly 2 months ago.

There seems to be zero doubt that DNV disappeared from the Shell station. The thing I still don't get is whether she wanted to go missing or not? Obviously we don't have enough information to determine what happened but we certainly have lots of questions about what was going on in her life and that of TT.

What do you think?

For me, the critical question is still, who benefited most by DNV disappearing? DNV and her car missing at the same time is important.
I agree with your statement, @ChiCubs2016 . And, I also believe we don’t know all of the potential folks involved. For example, who is the father of DNV’s baby, just placed for adoption? Is this someone she needed to escape from? Someone who needed her gone? Someone who didn’t agree with an adoption? Someone who hasn’t admitted to being the father? Someone who plays no part in this whatsoever??

Can you elaborate please?

Suppose that Danni was not following DW and that she did not forget her phone, that he did not decide to help her retrieve the phone. Suppose that she parted ways with her 3 friends at The Dublin at 10:45.

Danni would never have been at the Shell station, but I believe that she and her car still would have disappeared. Suppose she and her car disappeared at her apartment. No one would have reported that she didn't show up at 11:30 at the Dublin as planned.

Instead, reports that she didn't show up for work would have been dismissed as Danni partying with the party train hard to celebrate her new car. Missing an appointment with her daughter did not cause concern. How much time would have passed before she was reported missing? Wouldn't she be viewed as an adult with a brand new car who can disappear if she wants to?

I think if DNV wanted to disappear she would not have needed car 3. She would not have needed DW. She could have turned off her phone disabled her GPS and drove off into the night. Without DW trying to contact JDT it could have been longer before she was reported missing. Several of us here looked up how to disable a GPS, DNV could have done the same. And I would think she would have taking the cash from her apartment.

Thank you! That is exactly what I'm thinking.

The understanding so far was that RC and MK were at Ollies. Not sure where this new info came from? Do we know?

DW supposedly spoke to RC and MK at Ollies after he retreived the phone. Are we now to assume this did not happen?

Does VI know what plan DW and DNV had at the time they left Dublins? Did they have a mutual plan (say head to DW's house to hang out or head to Shell to pick up drugs and then circle back to Ollies to see MK and RC?) or were they just traveling in the same direction but had different plans?

I was hesitant to work with a non LE generated timeline for exactly the reasons that seem to be popping up here on a recurring basis. We have people now not at places they were to have been the night DNV went missing. Details such as these are critical.

Last night we had the issue of the GPS. From the beginning we have known about OnStar and built in dashboard GPS on some models of the 2014 Chevy Cruze that was purchased by DNV. Then the idea of LoJack was introduced and alot of serious time was spent looking at this topic. It was interesting and valuable but it now seems irrelevant. Its OK to say I don't know if there is LoJack but let me call Pearl Motors and maybe they can confirm how they pinged the car. This call to Pearl could be hugely valuable to helping us understand what technology was associated with DNV's car.

I would simply ask that if the VI doesn't understand a question or reason for a question to please ask. Its ok to not understand. IMO its better to ask a question to resolve what somebody is asking than to answer in a way that simply results in more questions and ultimately huge confusion. We generally try to keep track of what we know and what we don't know and theories evolve as we go through this process.

I think I'm going to step away from the non LE generated timeline and take a pause to focus on LE confirmed statements and things I've read in the press.

I am answering questions to the best of my ability and have never wavered in what I’ve said. I did not bring up the LoJack; I’ve always said that it was the built in GPS.

I also never said RC & MK were at Ollie’s. I didn’t mention anything about that until today, at which time I said they weren’t there.

I’m relatively sure @Tricia and the other WS Admin would agree when I say please don’t confuse what I’ve said with the theories y’al have thrown out and analyzed.

10. Why did LE request CCTV be removed from media source?

11. Is there any information to provide to the public so they can assist? People may not know they saw something if they do not have any information.

I’m not LE but, answering 11 from experience, anyone that was st The Dublin, in the vicinity of The Dublin, at Shell, in the vicinity of Shell should contact LE and let them know anything that they saw. Nobody knows which piece of info will be helpful; however, we do know that if the info isn’t given, it’s definitely not going to be helpful.

It would have been helpful if Danni's disappearance had been clearly presented from the beginning as an abduction. It was not helpful that DW was portrayed as Car 3 for the last two months, or that this false information was presented as a fact delivered privately by homicide detectives.

DW is not Car 3. Car 3 is responsible for abducting Danni when she was stopped, by chance, at a gas station. Everything about this suggests that Car 3 was following Danni, that she was the target, and that the public was supposed to believe that she and her new car left voluntarily on the same day she bought the car.

That did not happen. This was an abduction.

Anyone who drove by the Shell station and saw something probably assumes that the case is solved because she was barhopping with a party train and the party animals were with her when she drove into the sunset.

How do you know it was an abduction?

I’m not LE but, answering 11 from experience, anyone that was st The Dublin, in the vicinity of The Dublin, at Shell, in the vicinity of Shell should contact LE and let them know anything that they saw. Nobody knows which piece of info will be helpful; however, we do know that if the info isn’t given, it’s definitely not going to be helpful.

Thank you @cedgison These are actually questions we were putting together as a list of things we would ask LE if we were at a Press Conference.

So... RC and MK did NOT go to Ollies.. Hmmmm I wonder why DW said they were all meeting there?
First, Thank you to our VI @cedgison for joining us here... Your input is valuable and much appreciated. I understand you can get bogged down and it is time consuming to try to get here to answer so many questions, so just do what you can, when you can.

I have a few questions-- (Not just for VI, but for everyone)
1. This may have already been discussed and I missed it, but I have not seen any mention of DV's family. Are her parents around? Does she have any siblings?

2.Where were the spouses of the married ones that were part of the "Party Train" that night?
Could a jealous spouse that was out checking up on their partner come into play as 3rd car that pulled in at gas station?

1. DNV had a broken relationship with her family and tried to exclude them from her and CTs lives. I do not know if she has siblings.

2. I’m also not sure where spouses were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member