MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man was I ever wrong. WebSleuths is now on Thread #16 for the Jessica Chambers murder. Here is a tally of posts:

Thread #2 968
Thread #2 1026
Thread #3 1089
Thread #4 1276
Thread #5 1121
Thread #6 1076
Thread #7 1076
Thread #8 1003
Thread #9 1237 (Clouseau joined the fray on 2/3/2015, Post #515)
Thread #10 1028
Thread #11 1018
Thread #12 460
Thread #13 617
Thread #14 943
Thread #15 947
Thread #16 760 (as of 9/17/2018, 23:06 EDT)

Total Posts 15,645

Thread #1
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

Thread #2
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

Thread #3
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #3

Thread #4
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #4

Thread #5
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

Thread #6
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Thread #7
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #7

Thread #8
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

Thread #9
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Thread #10
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

Thread #11
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #11

Thread #12
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #12

Thread #13
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Thread #14
MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014

Thread #15
MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #2

Thread #16
MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

In my opinion, Jessica could have responded, "Freddie Kruegar", but that does not mean Freddie Kruegar did it. I have never experienced trauma, but after being burned alive, I cannot imagine that you have the mental and physical where-with-all, to accurately speak. It must have been absolute horror, I cannot imagine what she was going through in that moment.

All of the cell phone, cell tower and gas station video evidence point to one person and that person is QT. JC was with him and they were alone. There were no other people around by design, because QT wanted sex.

Per said affidavit, tellis's wife's cousin's name was eric. His wife was named Chakita. Also, Could Akita sound like Eric if she wasn't able to speak properly?
Owutatangledweb,
(...we weave, when first we practice to deceive.)

Apparently, Eric L. Hill Jr. was questioned by police and for some reason eliminated as a suspect, at least according to this article published by the Commercial Appeal at the time of the trial:

First responders testify in case of woman burned to death

"During interviews related to a murder in Louisiana with which Tellis is charged, police questioned a man identified as Eric Hill, who had dated Tellis' sister in Courtland. Prosecutor John Champion said investigators followed multiple leads about people named Eric, but they were all dead ends."

So, he WAS an "Eric" and he HAD been in Courtland, at least at some point in time. But he was eliminated as a suspect for some unknown reason, right? Or was he? The article is not clear whether police had questioned him about JESSICA'S murder.

Turns out according to the LA arrest warrant, Eric Hill is the one who put the finger on Tellis for the murder in LA which, once police had the correct suspect, were able to corroborate the accusation by eyewitness accounts, cell phone data, ATM transactions, security photos, and videos of Tellis. Hill originally tried to frame someone else, and said that other person had told him Tellis was "dumb as hell" for using the murder victim's debit card. If that was all made up by Hill, and if Tellis wouldn't have said such a thing about himself, guess who REALLY thinks he was a dumb *advertiser censored*...

Sowing Seeds of Discontent,
Clouseau

I hold firm that she could have tried to say “A wreck” or “Car wreck” when she was asked who did it to her.
This makes sense to me. If she was unconscious and woke up in the car on fire, she could have assumed she had a wreck. It is the only reasonable explanation I have seen to why they thought she was saying "Eric". I just hope the prosecution has a way to counter it when it comes up during the new trial.

This makes sense to me. If she was unconscious and woke up in the car on fire, she could have assumed she had a wreck. It is the only reasonable explanation I have seen to why they thought she was saying "Eric". I just hope the prosecution has a way to counter it when it comes up during the new trial.

I agree OR she was saying "Eric" because Eric Hill was there. I'd like to know how/if he was ruled out. He has lied before.

Owutatangledweb,
(...we weave, when first we practice to deceive.)

Apparently, Eric L. Hill Jr. was questioned by police and for some reason eliminated as a suspect, at least according to this article published by the Commercial Appeal at the time of the trial:

First responders testify in case of woman burned to death

"During interviews related to a murder in Louisiana with which Tellis is charged, police questioned a man identified as Eric Hill, who had dated Tellis' sister in Courtland. Prosecutor John Champion said investigators followed multiple leads about people named Eric, but they were all dead ends."

So, he WAS an "Eric" and he HAD been in Courtland, at least at some point in time. But he was eliminated as a suspect for some unknown reason, right? Or was he? The article is not clear whether police had questioned him about JESSICA'S murder.

Turns out according to the LA arrest warrant, Eric Hill is the one who put the finger on Tellis for the murder in LA which, once police had the correct suspect, were able to corroborate the accusation by eyewitness accounts, cell phone data, ATM transactions, security photos, and videos of Tellis. Hill originally tried to frame someone else, and said that other person had told him Tellis was "dumb as hell" for using the murder victim's debit card. If that was all made up by Hill, and if Tellis wouldn't have said such a thing about himself, guess who REALLY thinks he was a dumb *advertiser censored*...

Sowing Seeds of Discontent,
Clouseau

Right there with ya Clouseau!

F. Scott Fitzgerald BTW.

Quinton Tellis retrial in Jessica Chambers' burning death set to begin Monday

Prosecutors and defense attorneys will return to the same courtroom, and the same judge, to once again seek a verdict in the death of Chambers, the teen from Panola County's tiny Courtland community whose name became a household word throughout North Mississippi and beyond.

The jury panel will be drawn from Oktibbeha County, some 120 miles southeast of Batesville. Batesville is about 60 miles south of Memphis.

Selection begins Monday morning in the Oktibbeha county seat of Starkville, where a pool of at least 300 potential jurors was called.

Attorneys on both sides hope a jury and alternates will be seated in a single day and transported Monday night to Batesville, where they will be sequestered for the duration of the trial. If that timeline holds, testimony will begin Tuesday.

I am appalled it was deemed a mistrial. My wife is a lawyer and agreed with the prosecutor not to hide from the "Eric" statements by first responders. But the prosecutor should have addressed it and dropped it. But he continued to call witness after witness to testify to this statement. So neither one of us were surprised the jury couldn't get past those testimony's. We both think Quinton Tellis is guilty because of the DNA evidence found on Ms. Chambers keys, but equally as important and even more damaging is his and her cell phone pinged off the exact same tower and at the very same time.

I hope they find him guilty this second trial and he deserves death. The fact he had the other victim's ATM card in Louisiana and was identified at the scene of that crime by several eye witnesses. He is a repeat offender and each time he gets arrested his crimes escalate in severity. At the very minimum he needs to be locked up away from society, he is definitely a sociopath and if he continues to be free, society is going to continue being this 's victim.

Since Jessica had recently told her mother that girls were calling her a snitch, is it not possible she was saying Erica instead of Eric? If already addressed, please ignore me. Just started reading this forum.

I agree OR she was saying "Eric" because Eric Hill was there. I'd like to know how/if he was ruled out. He has lied before.
Owutatangledweb,

Other than the LA arrest warrant for Quentin Tellis, here is the only thing I could find about Eric Laron Hill Junior, who is Quintin Tellis' wife's cousin. He either knew Tellis through that relationship, or because Hill had once dated Tellis' sister living in Courtland:

https://louisiana.arrests.org/Arrests/Eric_Hill_33574477/

As you can see, an arrest warrant was issued in 2017 in Monroe, LA, for failure to appear (FTA) at a hearing on a marijuana possession charge. Using the "Record Removal" link reveals that "This Arrest(s) has been Sealed or Expunged" and "These charges were dropped or not adjudicated guilty."

Recall that Monroe, LA, is where Tellis moved after getting married in 2015, and is where he was indicted for another murder of a young woman there, in large part due to information provided to the police by Hill which only the murder could know. Of course that begs the question, if Hill was really the murder in LA, he would certainly know what "only the murder" could know. But Hill was not the person identified by an eyewitness as a visitor to the victim's apartment around the time of her murder -- Tellis was.

I have to believe somebody in any way linked to the Jessica Chambers case and having the name "Eric" has been thoroughly vetted. Just can't find anything that specifically says so about Eric L. Hill, Jr.

Regards,
Clouseau

I hope they find him guilty this second trial and he deserves death. The fact he had the other victim's ATM card in Louisiana and was identified at the scene of that crime by several eye witnesses. He is a repeat offender and each time he gets arrested his crimes escalate in severity. At the very minimum he needs to be locked up away from society, he is definitely a sociopath and if he continues to be free, society is going to continue being this ****'s victim.

Just an FYI - the DA is not seeking DP. And he still faces 1st degree murder charges for Meing-Chen's murder in Louisiana.

and
welcome-team.gif
to WS & this thread!

Since Jessica had recently told her mother that girls were calling her a snitch, is it not possible she was saying Erica instead of Eric? If already addressed, please ignore me. Just started reading this forum.

It's possible but I've always been more inclined to think she wasn't naming a person. As silly as it may sound to some others, I'm of the opinion she was asking for a drink before attempting to answer any questions.

If he didn't do it, why would he lie about seeing her and erase all his contact with Jessica on his cell? Hoping the jury gets it right this time.

Has anyone heard if they will live stream the trial again?

Retrial set for man accused in woman’s burning death

Tellis originally told investigators he wasn't with Chambers on the evening of Dec. 6, but two years later changed his story and admitted he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa