AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to beat a dead horse..but part of the reason there was a delay in action, IMO, is because DW did not give any impression that there was any reason to worry (even though he, above all else, knew there was reason)...

One of the timelines does says that DW was acting as though DNV was just...'this girl'...distancing...

Now again: sadly I don't know what DW said...

what used to trip me out is that DW never gave RC phone or (IMO didn't convey the urgency of her missing) - why? Because they were not, and never were there!...

The FACT that the family did not seem concerned makes me think: yep, DW didn't let them know all that had happened....(as with so many things...I don't have a recording of their conversation: merely the facts of their actions)

Let's work together to put together a new timeline. If anyone has more information about the time line, please fill in the blanks.

Also, let's exclude anything that isn't relevant, like what friends did after Danni and friends parted ways for the evening. It also doesn't matter what DW did between finding the phone and contacting JDT in the morning and it is unrelated to Danni's disappearance.

July 17

July 17 evening: Danni went for a drink with 3 friends at The Dublin

10:45PM Danni and DW leave The Dublin together, Danni following DW

11:05PM Danni and DW pull into the closed Shell station, a completely spontaneous decision based on Danni flashing her headlights. Danni and DW discuss the phone, and decide to return to The Dublin together to collect the phone.

11:07PM DW pulls out of the Shell station

11:08PM Car 3 enters Shell station. DW does not leave Shell station as planned

11:24PM Car 3 and Danni leave Shell station, Danni's GPS has been disabled. Danni never seen again.

11:30PM (approx) DW arrives at The Dublin and retrieves Danni's phone. He waits for her but she does not arrive.

July 18

7:30AM DW contacts JDT to return deliver Danni's phone to JDT, JDT tells him to leave phone at a restaurant where Danni works. DW keeps the phone.

TIME?? TT contacts Danni's phone

TIME DAY?? JDT learns that Danni did not arrive at work.

July 19

Evening: Danni missed visit with her daughter at JDT's house.

July 20

Morning: DW contacts JDT, informs her that he is going to police. He delivers Danni's phone to police.

Danni is reported missing

I agree completely. Every other case has a public "Find Missing Person" page that posts fliers and information about the disappearance, and members of the public share the official posts over and over again. That results in posts having thousands of views, causing them to get more attention. People like truck drivers who would never spend time chatting in a Facebook group may see a public post reposted thousands of times and realize they drove by the Shell Station that night and provide information they would not have otherwise knew was important to anyone.

Kiera Bergman was a recent missing woman in Arizona who did not get national news coverage but David Lohr at the Huffington Post picked up her story based on the public "Find Missing Person" page and has covered it now up to an arrest. She was also shown on Live PD as a "Missing" segment. Her family posted their updates right on the page and allowed comments but stressed they were leaving the investigation to LE. People were candid expressing their opinions even though it was a public page.

A private Facebook group to support the family of a missing person is fine but it is not the same as a public NAMUS-style page that can be shared thousands of times. Most people will not request to join a private group. But they will take two seconds to read a public page that has been shared on their timeline. I think the family is suffering from a lack of professional help. I wish someone like Mark Klaas, Texas Equusearch, or NCMEC would step in and provide some advice.

Danni’s case is discussed on public pages. There is a missing org waiting for LE to allow them to come in to provide assistance.

There is an approval process when you apply to be part of the group and fake FB accounts are blocked, however I not sure how fake FB accounts are determined. It is not far reaching and definitely cannot get near the attention a public account could get.

After being a FB Admin for a while you learn how to identify fake profiles.

One way or another, Danni was destined to disappear the night she bought her new car.

Someone wanted it to happen. In spite of Dublins and the male friend. Danni and her new car were being watched. Someone wanted her and the vehicle gone. Someone wanted to leave the impression that Danni took off voluntarily. Who was to gain by Danni's disappearance?

Really who? Someone tell me.

Let's work together to put together a new timeline. If anyone has more information about the time line, please fill in the blanks.

Also, let's exclude anything that isn't relevant, like what friends did after Danni and friends parted ways for the evening. It also doesn't matter what DW did between finding the phone and contacting JDT in the morning and it is unrelated to Danni's disappearance.

July 17

July 17 evening: Danni went for a drink with 3 friends at The Dublin

10:45PM Danni and DW leave The Dublin together, Danni following DW

11:05PM Danni and DW pull into the closed Shell station, a completely spontaneous decision based on Danni flashing her headlights. Danni and DW discuss the phone, and decide to return to The Dublin together to collect the phone.

11:07PM DW pulls out of the Shell station

11:08PM Car 3 enters Shell station. DW does not leave Shell station as planned

11:24PM Car 3 and Danni leave Shell station, Danni's GPS has been disabled. Danni never seen again.

11:30PM (approx) DW arrives at The Dublin and retrieves Danni's phone. He waits for her but she does not arrive.

July 18

7:30AM DW contacts JDT to return deliver Danni's phone to JDT, JDT tells him to leave phone at a restaurant where Danni works. DW keeps the phone.

TIME?? TT contacts Danni's phone

TIME DAY?? JDT learns that Danni did not arrive at work.

July 19

Evening: Danni missed visit with her daughter at JDT's house.

July 20

Morning: DW contacts JDT, informs her that he is going to police. He delivers Danni's phone to police.

Danni is reported missing

July 18 - DE calls JDT again to tell her TT called DNV's phone.

The VI has confirmed that anyone can join and they approve anyone. But you have to know the name of the group, search for the name of the group, request to join, and then answer a few questions about if you knew DNV before you are approved. Another member told me they also received a PM asking if they knew any of the people on the "party train" before they were approved.

Obviously, the more hoops to jump through the fewer people who are going to join the group. Most people would feel invasive requesting to join a private Facebook group about a missing person. Most of the members are from other "sleuthing" Facebook groups that discuss crimes. It's not associated with any victim's advocacy group or professional association, it is a chat room.

[Delete]

Suppose that Danni was not following DW and that she did not forget her phone, that he did not decide to help her retrieve the phone. Suppose that she parted ways with her 3 friends at The Dublin at 10:45.

Danni would never have been at the Shell station, but I believe that she and her car still would have disappeared. Suppose she and her car disappeared at her apartment. No one would have reported that she didn't show up at 11:30 at the Dublin as planned.

Instead, reports that she didn't show up for work would have been dismissed as Danni partying with the party train hard to celebrate her new car. Missing an appointment with her daughter did not cause concern. How much time would have passed before she was reported missing? Wouldn't she be viewed as an adult with a brand new car who can disappear if she wants to?
So you think them stopping at the Shell was a random event vs a planned event?

Where were they going that the Shell stop was even an option?

Do you believe that DNV was boxed into the Shell station by Car 3 and unable to leave and that's why she stayed there for a period of time?

Do you believe that Car 3 had been following DNV which might account for how quickly they showed up at Shell station?

I have a question for the VI.

It would be helpful to have a better understanding of who Danni was. We know that she worked in restaurants and bars, and that she was looking to obtain full day to day care and custody of her daughter at the start of the school year.

Aside from this, what can you share about hobbies and activities that TT and Danni enjoyed together? For example, did they enjoy hunting, video games, travel? Who were they before this happened?

I do not know DNV or TT personally so i’d have to ask.

How do you know it was an abduction?

We have a 24 year old woman who spontaneously followed a friend to a closed Shell station. They had a 2 minute conversation about meeting at The Dublin 20 minutes later. Instead of following the friend as planned, she and her car vanish after she encounters a third party who disables her GPS.

What would you call it?

I think this is a critical point. She was not supposed to be reported missing right away at all. We've heard of missing women where a phone was found in a parking lot before, and the parents were immediately frantically looking for their daughter (Morgan Harrington). Not even a missed visit with her daughter was enough to cause concern about the abduction of Danni.

Thank goodness for DW that he was able to direct police to the CCTV at the Shell station. Thank goodness that DW went to police on July 20. It's very unfortunate that he was subjected to suspicion when he seems like the only person who tried to take action right away.

Without DW, the story is that Danni was barhopping with a party train on July 17 celebrating the purchase of her new car. It's not a concern that she missed work and a visit with her daughter, she has drug problems. It's not surprising that she skipped town, she's irresponsible and didn't even want custody of her daughter. She's run off to start a new life.
^^^^^
Yes this.

@ Otto: as far as I understand on the 20th DW calls JDT: she is already out the door going to police...not DW...

Yes, the issue is that these events happened and still the report wasn't made until Friday? Why? In my mind this sequence of events supports voluntary disappearance that was known by the 'family' as most people when faced with this sequence of events would tell Siri to call 911! Would you call an apartment complex to leave a note on the door of DNV apt if this was your daughter or would you go knock on the apt door or phone a few friends especially if you knew she'd been out partying the night before? Every time I hear one of these stories about how people respond when somebody goes missing I ask myself does this description of events ring true to me? I know everyone is different but very little of this makes sense for someone that was supposedly part of a close family and whose daughter expected her to show up. Its hard to connect the dots when we have so few verifiable dots in this case. But I seriously am beginning to wonder if what we saw with the missing report timing and DNV going missing isn't somehow tied to TT litigation? No information about TT has been found but its known that he is involved in court proceedings for prior offenses. Could DNV have been scheduled to testify or otherwise participate in these proceedings to the possible detriment of TT? We don't know.
This bears repeating everytime we are guided off track.

@ Otto: as far as I understand on the 20th DW calls JDT: she is already out the door going to police...not DW...

I believe it was stated DW called JDT saying he was concerned and it should be reported and JDT said she was headed to the police station and he could meet her there. Does anyone else remember this?

So you think them stopping at the Shell was a random event vs a planned event?

Where were they going that the Shell stop was even an option?

Do you believe that DNV was boxed into the Shell station by Car 3 and unable to leave and that's why she stayed there for a period of time?

Do you believe that Car 3 had been following DNV which might account for how quickly they showed up at Shell station?

It sure sounds random. DW and Danni were going somewhere together - doesn't matter where - and she realized that she forgot her phone. She flashed her headlights at him and he pulled over where he thought they could talk. Two minutes later, they were both supposed to be on their way to The Dublin to collect her phone.

I do think that Car 3 prevented Danni from returning to The Dublin to collect her phone and I do believe that Car 3 is responsible for the theft of her car and the abduction of Danni.

I think it's likely that Car 3 was following Danni and was looking for an opportunity to make her disappear. If she's had her phone with her, it would have been a near perfect crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak