Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he didn't show much enthusiasm. That could be because he was tired of being in front of a camera. I also think that maybe "showing off his body" was orchestrated by SW as part of the thrive experience.
He didn't seem tired to be in front of the camera during his TV interviews though - he seemed to quite enjoy them and was well groomed and delighted to chat about his new spiffy shirt. Just MOO.

I keep reading academic studies to learn more about child killers. Particularly, about spousal revenge killers. Most of them had a long history of mental illness. I don’t think SW fits the profile. I can’t believe she did it. She wasn’t selfish, she cared more about others than herself. Her life wouldn’t have fallen apart without CW. She had a lot going for her, and a great deal of love and admiration from those who knew her. People like that don’t kill their children. But human snapping is such an unpredictable occurrence. It happens.

She wanted to have kids, remember? Her killing them? Two? Being pregnant with the third one? Rubbish. And then, she did not live to dump them into oil and lie how they were all her life.

That with the divorce, all her perfect-media life with a great house, handsome husband and two kids would take a hit, and her sales would be down, is obvious. There are other considerations - CW was a salaried employee and had medical insurance, and she had lupus and was pregnant for the third time. All these things are considered before the divorce.

BTW - I hope the police took the patches and other thrive products, as well as medications, from the Wattses' house and at least tested their contents.

Last edited:
I agree he didn't show much enthusiasm. That could be because he was tired of being in front of a camera. I also think that maybe "showing off his body" was orchestrated by SW as part of the thrive experience.
I don’t find myself identifying with C.W., at all, in any of those videos. That was his wife and family. I see SW trying so hard to create a happy life for all of them, every single day, and I see him going through the motions. I feel sorry for her. With her zest for life, it must have been very disappointing to have to deal with lump on a log, C.W., day in and day out. If he didn’t like her and the things she liked, why did he marry her? Why would he want trample on her dreams like that.

Layla123 said:
And from what I’ve read. I know he worked 40 hours a week, and I know he worked out and ran a lot, and those activities take time. I can’t think of a video where he showed an ounce of enthusiasm, except when he was showing off his body.

@Layla123, respectfully, I think it should be noted in addition to your description of what CW did in a week, that CW also co-parented with SW and helped take care of the girls jointly. As well, in certain videos CW does show enthusiasm especially when he is with his daughters singing and playing. I do agree that CW does have diminished enthusiasm in some videos when he is with SW.

@Allabouttrial, I agree CW appeared to have became detached and dis-invested in front of the camera with SW and Thrive.

I think her friend stated that she didn't feel well on this evening/morning she dropped her home? I mean everything is possible (due I highly doubt Shannan had anything to do with the killings) but feeling unwell probably feeling nausea due pregnancy I find it unlikely she would have had the strength to strangle two little children to death. Considering the time and the flight delay. I'm thinking of my own pregnancy and when I felt sometimes bad or was tired. Could sleep the entire time and went sometimes straight to bed at 5 pm.
No way I would have even picked up an argument with my husband it was too exhausting. Even though sometimes your hormones drive you nuts :confused: and you get feisty.
Maybe she wasn't feeling well because she just found out over the weekend her husband was having an affair. I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't be going to sleep with that knowledge know matter how exhausted I was.

I think her friend stated that she didn't feel well on this evening/morning she dropped her home? I mean everything is possible (due I highly doubt Shannan had anything to do with the killings) but feeling unwell probably feeling nausea due pregnancy I find it unlikely she would have had the strength to strangle two little children to death. Considering the time and the flight delay. I'm thinking of my own pregnancy and when I felt sometimes bad or was tired. Could sleep the entire time and went sometimes straight to bed at 5 pm.
No way I would have even picked up an argument with my husband it was too exhausting. Even though sometimes your hormones drive you nuts :confused: and you get feisty.
BBM I agree. She was 15 weeks pregnant, tired, not feeling well, it was 2 am and she had a doctor's appointment that morning. No way.

Page 3 http://www.ncdsv.org/images/strangulation_article.pdf

Only eleven pounds of pressure placed on both carotid arteries for ten seconds is necessary to cause unconsciousness.4 How-ever, if pressure is released immediately, consciousness will be regained within ten seconds. To completely close off the trachea, three times as much pressure (33 lbs.) is required. Brain death will occur in 4 to 5 minutes, if strangulation persists.

And if you believe his story, this would have happened in the "moment" he went downstairs. TWICE.

MOO

Maybe CW did not like his life and the life of his children shown on SM. Maybe he liked privacy. Maybe these endless videos festered inside of him until he met AF and decided he wanted out and out fast. No excuse for murdering his family. Maybe 3 kids did not fit into his dream life of adventure with AF. This case is just so tragic.

I signed up for an account here in 2014 only because I couldn’t read more without an account ;) and I valued Websleuths as the most intelligent, crime-solving place around where I could get the news before it was news. First time I ever posted or participated here was over this Watts family annihilation. When this family was reported as missing, websleuths was on it and we were sadly correct about what happened. The last dozen+ threads which are a free for all against a dead wife/mother are too much for me to take. I respect many of you who I’ve “met” over the past month and I’ll still follow this thread when there is actual news. I’d like people to remember that real live people are suffering an unimaginable, tragic loss and they’ll never recover. Never.

I don’t find myself identifying with C.W., at all, in any of those videos. That was his wife and family. I see SW trying so hard to create a happy life for all of them, every single day, and I see him going through the motions. I feel sorry for her. With her zest for life, it must have been very disappointing to have to deal with lump on a log, C.W., day in and day out. If he didn’t like her and the things she liked, why did he marry her? Why would he want trample on her dreams like that.

BBM

From everything I've seen on SM, SW seemed extremely proud of CW and stated copious times how much she loved having him as a husband and father (ETA: father to her kids that is).

Perhaps she wasn't being truthful though. Part of what is hard to assess is how much of the SM was a mask in this whole story.

Maybe CW did not like his life and the life of his children shown on SM. Maybe he liked privacy. Maybe these endless videos festered inside of him until he met AF and decided he wanted out and out fast. No excuse for murdering his family. Maybe 3 kids did not fit into his dream life of adventure with AF. This case is just so tragic.
Yes, maybe he fantasized about being free from family life. Maybe he and AP were in lust and he didn’t want what he had during those 5 weeks alone to end. Maybe he fantasized about a future that didn’t include being strapped down with a wife and three kids. Maybe he already knew how he would kill them, and had visualized it. Maybe he knew where he would conceal the bodies and what to take with him to do it. No great amount of planning would have been necessary if he thought about it many times. And suddenly, the opportunity presented itself. And in his words, “It just vanished.” MOO

I wonder if either one of them had contacted a divorce attorney yet to see where they would stand in the event of a divorce.
Isn't that the first thing one would do maybe even before bringing it up to the other?

BBM

From everything I've seen on SM, SW seemed extremely proud of CW and stated copious times how much she loved having him as a husband and father.

Perhaps she wasn't being truthful though. Part of what is hard to assess is how much of the SM was a mask in this whole story.
I think SW absolutely loved CW. She may have felt challenged and irritated at his behavior but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that SW adored her husband and toddlers and all she wanted was a super-happy family. She cooked, she cleaned, a devoted, marvelous mom, took care of everything and brought in an income. IMHO she was a great wife and mom. I'm editing to add that even if CW cheated on her, she strikes me as the kind of mom who would do whatever it took to keep her family together for the sake of the babies. I think it could have been worked out if CW had not killed his family.

BBM I agree. She was 15 weeks pregnant, tired, not feeling well, it was 2 am and she had a doctor's appointment that morning. No way.

Only eleven pounds of pressure placed on both carotid arteries for ten seconds is necessary to cause unconsciousness.4 How-ever, if pressure is released immediately, consciousness will be regained within ten seconds. To completely close off the trachea, three times as much pressure (33 lbs.) is required. Brain death will occur in 4 to 5 minutes, if strangulation persists.

And if you believe his story, this would have happened in the "moment" he went downstairs.

MOO
I watched Shanann’s and CeCe’s faces as CeCe was blowing out the candle on her cupcake in her Birthday video. I see so much love them. I encourage you to watch it if you haven’t already. The love between them was beautiful, there was so much warmth, Shanann glowed. No way could that woman strangle that child. She absolutely adored her.

I signed up for an account here in 2014 only because I couldn’t read more without an account ;) and I valued Websleuths as the most intelligent, crime-solving place around where I could get the news before it was news. First time I ever posted or participated here was over this Watts family annihilation. When this family was reported as missing, websleuths was on it and we were sadly correct about what happened. The last dozen+ threads which are a free for all against a dead wife/mother are too much for me to take. I respect many of you who I’ve “met” over the past month and I’ll still follow this thread when there is actual news. I’d like people to remember that real live people are suffering an unimaginable, tragic loss and they’ll never recover. Never.
Thank you for this, Katie. Many of us know this and share this exact sentiment. {Hugs}

MOO

BBM

From everything I've seen on SM, SW seemed extremely proud of CW and stated copious times how much she loved having him as a husband and father (ETA: father to her kids that is).

IMO, she was building him up. Trying to be a good wife. Trying to make him feel good about himself. Encouraging him.

According to her social media she would sleep 4 hours or so a night. Not that I could ever do that now. She attributed it to her patch . It seems they both were accustomed to rising that early. When my ex worked 12 hour shifts I woke up st 4:15am and had three small children as well. To be that young and full of energy without sleep again lol
@Shekkiec, you bring up a couple of interesting points in my view.
Sleep deprivation is shown to adversely affects the brain and cognitive functions.
Were either or both of them sleep deprived in a clinical sense?
I don't believe that age can buffer the human body as much as we think being young can because sleep deprivation tends to accumulate over time ~ about two weeks of less than 6 hours sleep a night reduces alertness and performance to a level equivalent to a full 24 hours of sleep deprivation; a week of only four hours sleep a night is equivalent to 2-3 days without any sleep.
As for the patches ~ they were touted to have been a miracle cure for SW but I have my doubts.

And if you believe his story, this would have happened in the "moment" he went downstairs.

MOO
For me, I don’t even factor in SW “being tired and not feeling well.” She could have been 6 feet tall, built like a lumberjack, trained in martial arts, and high on cocaine for all I care.

It’s not the physical aspect that makes me discount her ability to do this, rather, it’s the theory in general, coupled with everything that CW did after the fact.

We have no evidence that SW was anything other than a loving mother.

A pregnant mother, looking forward to another baby, doesn’t strangle her two little girls. Certainly not with any signs of significant mental health issues, and prior bizarre behavior.

And it goes without saying, that CW’s post offense behavior, even if his story was true (it isn’t), makes absolutely no sense and has no precedent.

History, not to mention the evidence, tells us that only one person committed this crime, and they’ve got him.

From what I could tell, he seemed to be very supportive of her dreams. I cannot see many husbands also joining the business, going on most of the thrive getaways and also taking care of the girls when SW went alone to some of them, and helping with the housework all the while holding down a full-time job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong