DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I did read it for myself. IT DID NOT SAY THEY KNEW EACH OTHER.

from your link:

ld journalist Nate Thayer they are “aware” of a connection between Wint and Wallace.

Thayer, who wrote an extensive profile of Wallace, first uncovered that Wallace and Wint once lived in the same Maryland apartment complex, which is also near where the Savopoulos family’s Porsche was abandoned and set on fire following the killings.

Public records show that Wallace’s father, Michael, lived in an apartment complex next to Wint for several years. It’s not clear if Jordan Wallace also lived in the apartment building.

There is nothing there that said that Wint and Wallace ever knew each other. My daughter has lived in the same apt. complex for 4 years. She knows the girl next door, somewhat. She does not know anyone else at all.

I live in a complex and know everyone, I would bet the farm they knew each other and you won't convince me otherwise. It's obvious we are not going to agree on this, I'm not interested in arguing with you, as I have better things to do like get my stranded family from the hurricane to a safe place.

I live in a complex and know everyone, I would bet the farm they knew each other and you won't convince me otherwise. It's obvious we are not going to agree on this, I'm not interested in arguing with you, as I have better things to do like get my stranded family from the hurricane to a safe place.

Off topic - Good luck getting folks out with all the flooded roads. Eastern N.C. will never be the same. All those little towns like New Bern and Spring Lake and Lumberton- it’ll take decades to recover.

And there are some people who don’t believe DW acted alone, but that DW possibly acted on behalf of someone else, maybe a jealous business associate or jealous friend.

Why did DW wait 10 years to exact his revenge for getting fired? That makes no sense.
Why did he need 40k that day?

JMO-MOO

I've lived in several large apartment complexes in the greater DC area. There were neighbors who lived in my building or on my floor that I never saw and would barely be able to describe to someone. Just my experience, of course.

If they did live in the same complex and knew each other, I'm curious why the defense wouldn't bring this up. They seem to be blaming his brothers and that they are trying to cast blame on JW. If they really did cross paths in the past, wouldn't the defense use that to bolster their argument that JW was involved?

I've just listened to Melanie's podcast Mansion Murders Episode 9. She talked about the room Phillip was in and the flashover ... intense fire burning through floorboards etc. She mentioned the 5 Second viewing of the photo of that room depicting everything like hunks of charcoal. She mentioned Philip's body (and I hate typing this) had no arms below the elbows and no legs below the knees. Does that mean they were totally burned up because they were thinner OR that they were possibly cut off beforehand. Like I said hard to type but I don't understand. Sorry.

I've just listened to Melanie's podcast Mansion Murders Episode 9. She talked about the room Phillip was in and the flashover ... intense fire burning through floorboards etc. She mentioned the 5 Second viewing of the photo of that room depicting everything like hunks of charcoal. She mentioned Philip's body (and I hate typing this) had no arms below the elbows and no legs below the knees. Does that mean they were totally burned up because they were thinner OR that they were possibly cut off beforehand. Like I said hard to type but I don't understand. Sorry.

I read in a recap that PS had no legs below the knees. I don’t know if it means the fire was started on the legs/arms and they burned completely or they were missing.

Either way is horrific.

In DC, can a person be charged with mutilating a body?? If so, if PS body parts were missing wouldn’t DW be charged?

Is there a VI on WS who is a fire expert?

JMO- MOO

I read in a recap that PS had no legs below the knees. I don’t know if it means the fire was started on the legs/arms and they burned completely or they were missing.

Either way is horrific.

In DC, can a person be charged with mutilating a body?? If so, if PS body parts were missing wouldn’t DW be charged?

JMO- MOO

I'm going with the assumption that the extremities below elbows and knees were gone because of the intense fire. I think the fire was consuming him completely, and the smaller areas of the body were already gone by the time the firefighters arrived.

If the extremities were cut before the fire, I would think that the ME would see evidence of that in the bone. I don't know that for a fact, however.

Impossible to find the right words, and I have to keep a clinical approach to this....too emotional otherwise, overwhelmingly so.

jmo

...Why did DW wait 10 years to exact his revenge for getting fired?...

JMO-MOO
There have been cases where people waited for revenge far longer than 10 years. Just recently a guy killed a doctor, apparently because this guy's mother died while in doctor's care more than 20 years ago. Some people can really hold a grudge.

There have been cases where people waited for revenge far longer than 10 years. Just recently a guy killed a doctor, apparently because this guy's mother died while in doctor's care more than 20 years ago. Some people can really hold a grudge.
That was the case in Houston, I think.

The exception proved the rule, but the rule holds.

JW testified that he never met any of the Wints FWIW. Hopefully he knows better than to commit perjury by lying .... he does have legal counsel, per MSM. Altho his attorney was apparently too busy to be there for JW’s testimony, one hopes he found the time to advise JW against perjuring himself IMO.

Statements made in court can’t be the basis for slander / defamation claims.

But if DW attny wants to repeat those claims to the media outside the courtroom, he could get sued for them! Of course Darrell / Stefon Wint could only sue for slander based on claims that are untrue.

Makes me wish the local media would catch up with DW attny on his way into or out of court & see if he’s willing to restate those accusations! JMO
Yep, in court is is not slander. If made to the media, false claims would be slander.

I live in a complex and know almost no-one except a few people. If any of my neighbors commit a crime, that's on my neighbors, not on me.

Yep. Mother who died over 20 years ago and the guy waits all this time before taking revenge. So 10 years is clearly not the longest time to wait for revenge.
I don't think the motivation was revenge, but money.

I think DW needed money and he thought of a rich guy from his past from whom he assumed he could get a lot of cash at one time. DW might have held a grudge since SS fired DW, but I don't think DW was harboring a grudge as much as he was thinking of ways to get money, thought of DW and didn't mind making SS suffer.

Myopiniononly, not fact.

. -snip- She mentioned Philip's body (and I hate typing this) had no arms below the elbows and no legs below the knees. Does that mean they were totally burned up because they were thinner OR that they were possibly cut off beforehand. Like I said hard to type but I don't understand. Sorry.

It is difficult to completely burn bones, especially in a normal house fire. Crematoriums use extremely high heat (far higher than the temps in a house fire) and the process takes hours. This fire was caught and put out very quickly.

Body burners: The forensics of fire -- Sott.net

Burning Evidence

How Cremation Works

Difficult doesn't mean impossible, though. Maybe the accelerant was unusually powerful, idk. I'm going to hope that's the case, and these injuries were due to the fire.

The early reports, however, did say Philip had sustained stab/knife wounds, and there were some early rumors (just rumors) about possible dismemberment. Of course, if the intensity of the fire had burned away extremities that could have been what gave rise to the dismemberment rumors.

I presume we'll find out for sure when they go over the autopsy results.

Per media/ PH transcript, it seems accelerant was gasoline lit with ordinary matches. Doesn’t seem likely to produce an unusually hot fire ? IMO my speculation only.

But then the kindling was apparently little PS himself and/or his bed, soaked with gas, so maybe being at the epicenter of combustion could amount for extraordinary heat. JMO, speculation only.

I live in a complex and know almost no-one except a few people. If any of my neighbors commit a crime, that's on my neighbors, not on me.

"Wint’s legal team also said Savvas Savopoulos’ assistant, Jordan Wallace, knows Wint’s half-brother and also was familiar with the family and the inside of the home, which they say will also tie Wallace to the crime." It is my opinion that those dudes knew each other from "around the way" as we say and it will come out at some point that JW was indeed involved.

Defense Claims Suspect's Brothers Committed Mansion Murders

Either way is horrific.

JMO- MOO

Imo..this had to be
the starting origin where the fire was started receiving the highest degree of heat.

The same thing happened to Maria Lauterbach..who also was burned. Her lower legs were completely burned up due to the high heat of the fire.

That is why I have never quite understood when some insist Steven Avery couldn't have burned THs body up by repeatedly putting accelerants over the remains in a burn barrel which would keep the high heat inside of it. Direct highly flammable accelerant like gasoline burns at a very extreme high temperature. It can do extreme damage even completely burning up limbs/extremities. Many survivors of burns lost their limbs.

But what this really shows is the diabolical cruelty the suspect willingly inflicted on his most vulnerable and totally helpless young victim. That's the real story. It shows the horrific mindset this suspect had at the time.

Jmo

Last edited:
Motive is the oddest part of this case IMO, esp with absurd violence apparently inflicted on the most helpless, blameless victim. Whether DW wanted money or revenge, IMO there’s no reason for him to isolate the child and attack him more than other victims.

MOO known facts suggest mixed motive, or even no clear motive at all beyond the rage of a beast committing atrocities for his own amusement. If so, why SS & his family, & why that day?

Financial motive support: ransom demand; risks taken to arrange and wait for money delivery; taking victims’ cell phones, which are easy instant-sells by any street ; immediate post-crime expenditure on immigration attorney.

Financial motive undermined: left behind other easy-sell valuables incl martial arts swords; burned Porsche instead of stripping parts for sale; few apparent plans for cash beyond buying money orders & driving around with them.

Revenge motive support: SS’s business had fired DW and apparently at least one other member of his family; DW personal history of over-the-top violence and threats, including against children; DW history of hanging around SS business/home (per witness) incl w weapon.

Revenge motive undermined: DW firing was decade ago; per reports DW ranted on FB up to 100 times a day but never mentioned SS; child was separated from parents, which diminishes their knowledge of his suffering so IMO is inconsistent with hurting him to increase his parents’ anguish.

All MOO, just ‘thinking out loud.’

"Wint’s legal team also said Savvas Savopoulos’ assistant, Jordan Wallace, knows Wint’s half-brother and also was familiar with the family and the inside of the home, which they say will also tie Wallace to the crime." It is my opinion that those dudes knew each other from "around the way" as we say and it will come out at some point that JW was indeed involved.

Defense Claims Suspect's Brothers Committed Mansion Murders
The assistant JW testified under oath in court during the trial that is happening right now that he did not know any of the Wint family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288