MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling @Ubee0173 - can you look this up & see if there are any updated court dates?

TIA! :)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- An inmate death at the Jackson County Detention Center may have a ripple effect on a very high-profile case.

jessep.jpg

Jessep S. Carter

County officials say the inmate was found dead Wednesday after taking his own life. Online records list the inmate as 32-year-old Jessep S. Carter, the half-brother of Kylr Yust.

County officials say the inmate was found unresponsive around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. He was taken to the hospital and later died.

Brother of murder suspect Kylr Yust found dead in Jackson County Detention Center

After his press talk saying the family didn’t condone Kylrs actions I was really hopeful he was being honest and was giving up needed info....He really looked like he had gotten on some crazy drugs in his recent pics. I do believe JC had a child too. I hope that if he did have a child that this will give the child’s mother a chance to break the cycle within this family.

I don't want to say what I think because I don't want to give KY's defense any ideas so I'll sum it up as I doubt JC martyred himself to help KY. If we just look at it on the surface, JC was in a world of *advertiser censored*. His brother is in jail for murder, he is complicit and likely being pressured by LE, he had just burned down his house so the guilt of that was likely immense plus any guilt he had over Kara and Jessica or the part he played, and that is just underlying any outward problems like finances, relationships and drug addiction. I have a feeling he may have recently been told he was going to be charged with accessory or that a deal he thought he had fell through and it was the final straw.

Last I heard Kylr was in Jackson County Jail as well. I certainly hope they were kept apart or this uncovers a new layer of uncertainty.

RIP JC, we were really hoping you'd pull through for our girls.

Here is a really empathetic and selfless quote from Jaime:

“He was obviously hurting bad to want to hurt himself, or dealing with things he could not cope with,” Runions said Wednesday evening. “Unfortunately, when someone wants to hurt themselves no one can fix them. They have to want to fix themselves. It is sad.”
Jail records, sources indicate half-brother of Kylr Yust died in jail

I found out about this because of some Facebook creeping and I concur with you Mavley, I hope they keep a very close eye on him just in case he wants "the easy way out". (Not saying this counts for anyone and everyone who takes their own life but for KY it would be imo.)

Monday, October 1st:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ CT) – MO – Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016) – *Kylr Charles Yust (29/18 in 2007) indicted (3/1/18) on 2 counts of 1st degree & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse; plead not guilty; $1M cash only bond; originally charged with burning Jessica’s car.
Trial was set to begin Oct. 23, 2017; felony charges for arson dismissed on Oct. 5, 2017.
3/1/18: waived his prelim hearings. 6/18: Arraignment.
7/18/18 Update: Motion hearing held. Parties pass on the Change of Venue motion. Court denies Motion for defendant to change to civilian clothes for pre-trial hearings. Court orders OSCA to transcribe all pre-trial hearings. Defense attorney and defendant will sign off on all pre-trial transcripts. Cause continued to 8/20/18 at 1:30 p.m. to take up remaining motions.
9/20/18 Update: Trial date will be set at pretrial hearing on 10/1. Trial will stay in Cass County, but jury will come from St. Charles County.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Authorities say the inmate who died in an apparent suicide at the Jackson County jail was the half-brother of a man charged with two homicides.

Jackson County officials say 32-year-old Jessep Carter, of Edwards, was found unresponsive early Wednesday at the county's detention center. He was pronounced dead later at a hospital. He was jailed on a second-degree arson charge.

The Kansas City Star reports the sheriff's office is investigating and the county corrections department is conducting an internal investigation.
Suspected inmate suicide under investigation in Kansas City

BBM. Is it just me, or does this source make it sound like they are not sure it was suicide?

Another victim of this evil psycho/socio (whatever) -path.

I followed Kara's case and later Jessica, and Jessep always seemed confused about whether to stand up for his family (bro) or "do the right thing." (from his SM only, I didn't know him.)
He obviously had the ability to feel, his brother doesn't (imo.)
That *advertiser censored* won't kill himself unless he scrubs his face and styles his hair first and makes sure his morgue photo gets online with the best lighting on the best side of his face, with a promised audience of thousands of teenage emo girls.
It won't happen.

RIP Jessep.
And **Justice for Kara and Jessica**

Does anyone remember K'rs FB and know if it's still up?
I don't have time to look for it right now, I will find it if noone else does.

Jessep's was also linked at some point. He changed accounts once after Jessica was found, but I guess this is his original:
https://www.facebook.com/jessep.carter

Here is what is left:

Find Kara Kopetsky
Help find Kara Kopetsky

Edit: Back then Kylr and Kara were on MySpace. Since then, MySpace has overhauled its platform and none of the old profiles were preserved. Here is the "new" version kara kopetsky (melonmouth08) on Myspace

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating Carter’s death. The Jackson County Department of Corrections is also conducting an internal investigation.

Doesn't this sound like it is possible they think a guard either did it or helped JC get the means to do it?

Last edited:
Jury selection will begin Oct. 31, 2019. Attorneys for both sides agreed in September that the trial will take place in Cass County, but the jury will be with residents from St. Charles County across the state.

The trial itself is set to begin Nov. 4, 2019. They've blocked out two weeks for the trial.

Kylr Yust murder trial set for next year

Jury selection will begin Oct. 31, 2019. Attorneys for both sides agreed in September that the trial will take place in Cass County, but the jury will be with residents from St. Charles County across the state.

The trial itself is set to begin Nov. 4, 2019. They've blocked out two weeks for the trial.

Thank you for posting this! So it's going to be a suburban St. Louis jury as opposed to KC? I also kind of can't believe these families have to wait another year, but at least it's on the books.

also Status hearing on 1/22/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members