AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have to ask why there's no press coverage. The only articles are a couple of lines reciting the LE information and feel good updates about passing out fliers. There are multiple reporters in the private Facebook group who regularly comment. I think we have to assume they followed up on the information put out there and interviewed alleged witnesses and tried to find some angle for a story but it's not there. They have not been able to independently corroborate any theory about the people known to be with DNV on her last night. Otherwise, they would have written the story. They would have gone live.

Multiple reporters streamed live all day from JCD's house when LE served the search warrant. It's clearly not that they don't want to cover the case.

Yes, totally agree. The selective sharing of information along with the recent takeover of DNV social media, apartment clear out, fundraising money grab with no accountability, threats to JV, money taken from DNV apartment and a closed parallel FB search group are all individual aspects of this case that I am extremely uncomfortable about.

The only way I can personally justify spending time on this case is to focus on what LE have said and what MSM has reported. I am treating any information received from other sources as possibly relevant, possibly interesting but unless confirmed by LE purely speculative.

I am a big believer in the power of what CrimeStoppers does as an organization as their process encourages those that might not feel comfortable going to LE to step forward and safely and anonymously share case critical information and get a reward. I would very much encourge the 'family' to use the money that has been raised along with any money from the DNV apartment to support a CrimeStoppers reward and tip line. I believe there are people surrounding DNV that might not be comfortable speaking with LE that might just pick up the phone and call CrimeStoppers. People could also be fearful about being associated with the case due to the perceived danger of what might have happened to DNV and the association to the case of a known violent person such as JCD. CrimeStoppers makes it safe for people to speak up and do the right thing and it just might locate DNV. Just a thought for consideration as if leads are drying up or non existent a new path needs to be explored and IMO more billboards to call MPD isn't the answer. I am not sure there is any risk to this as the 'family' would still have the money if the reward isn't claimed. Setting up such a reward with a nationwide group also brings credibility to the search and will also raise the visibility of the case in the region and also reduce some of the criticism being voiced about the use of the money raised so far. JMO.
@AtticusFitz ..Thank you for this excellent post. IMO this bears repeating a time or two as we get into future threads.

A larger reward might bring out some tips from the criminal element in Mobile.

I'm assuming that there were two people in Car 3 as that's the only explanation for Danni and her car to vanish - one person left in her car. That means there are two people who need to make a car and a person disappear. It's easy to put the person in the car, but it's not easy to disappear a car.

With one person, a large reward doesn't usually help, but I do think that a large reward where two people are involved might help. It's hard for two people to keep a secret like that. In fact, didn't JCD say something about Danni's disappearance while he was torturing his girlfriend for 3.5 weeks?

I agree with this. Everything was staged perfectly to give the illusion that Danni and her car left voluntarily. The only reason this didn't work is that she did not have her phone, and she would not disappear without her phone - it's her lifeline to her daughter.
But, on the flip side, "IF" her purpose was to voluntarily disappear, then she wouldn't want to be tracked, and she wouldn't want contact with her daughter. She just put a newborn up for adoption, she may not have a bond with her daughter, strong enough bond to want to stay in her life. She may think she's well taken care of, and she will be OK. Danniella could be having some postpartum depression and just feel like she's doesn't have any fight left. We don't know. And if the father of the baby was the same as her daughter with TT, why wouldn't she let them have custody of the newborn? Maybe not same father? So much we don't know.

I can see where something bad may have happened to Danniella, but I can also see where she may have walked away. Of course even with voluntary disappearances, there's a danger something could happen as well. But there's as much 'evidence' of leaving voluntarily as there is something has happened to her. Basically we don't have much physical evidence of either theory.

I'm assuming that there were two people in Car 3 as that's the only explanation for Danni and her car to vanish - one person left in her car. That means there are two people who need to make a car and a person disappear. It's easy to put the person in the car, but it's not easy to disappear a car.

With one person, a large reward doesn't usually help, but I do think that a large reward where two people are involved might help. It's hard for two people to keep a secret like that. In fact, didn't JCD say something about Danni's disappearance while he was torturing his girlfriend for 3.5 weeks?
There was a HUGE reward in the Mollie Tibbett case, Morgan Harrington, Abby Hernandez, and in the 'Bridge Girls' case, and yet, neither reward helped. I often see posters begging for a reward to be offered, but I seldom see where a reward brought forth information to solve the case.

I think we have to ask why there's no press coverage. The only articles are a couple of lines reciting the LE information and feel good updates about passing out fliers. There are multiple reporters in the private Facebook group who regularly comment. I think we have to assume they followed up on the information put out there and interviewed alleged witnesses and tried to find some angle for a story but it's not there. They have not been able to independently corroborate any theory about the people known to be with DNV on her last night. Otherwise, they would have written the story. They would have gone live.

Multiple reporters streamed live all day from JCD's house when LE served the search warrant. It's clearly not that they don't want to cover the case.

It would be great if the reporters were investigative reporters who were objectively looking deeper into what is known, what is not known, and to give an update on the bigger picture. Even if the article is posing questions, it might get people thinking about where they were that night and whether they saw something in the parking lot at The Dublin, or near the Shell station.

But, on the flip side, "IF" her purpose was to voluntarily disappear, then she wouldn't want to be tracked, and she wouldn't want contact with her daughter. She just put a newborn up for adoption, she may not have a bond with her daughter, strong enough bond to want to stay in her life. She may think she's well taken care of, and she will be OK. Danniella could be having some postpartum depression and just feel like she's doesn't have any fight left. We don't know. And if the father of the baby was the same as her daughter with TT, why wouldn't she let them have custody of the newborn? Maybe not same father? So much we don't know.

I can see where something bad may have happened to Danniella, but I can also see where she may have walked away. Of course even with voluntary disappearances, there's a danger something could happen as well. But there's as much 'evidence' of leaving voluntarily as there is something has happened to her. Basically we don't have much physical evidence of either theory.

We've looked at voluntary disappearance every way possible, and it simply does not work.

What facts do you think support a voluntary disappearance, such as custody dispute documents, 'goals' mind-map from June 17, the fact that DW spontaneously chose the Shell station and her GPS is disabled at that location, and her evening plans?

There was a HUGE reward in the Mollie Tibbett case, Morgan Harrington, Abby Hernandez, and in the 'Bridge Girls' case, and yet, neither reward helped. I often see posters begging for a reward to be offered, but I seldom see where a reward brought forth information to solve the case.

With all of those missing persons, there was only one perpetrator. In this case, it's very likely there were at least two people involved in making Danni and her car disappear. That makes a difference. It's a lot harder for two people to keep a secret.

I can show screenshots where it is confirmed that JDT requested the CCTW be pulled.

Please do!

There is no good reason for a private citizen to want the CCTV withheld. This is a missing person's case and everyone should want as many eyes as possible on the facts surrounding her disappearance.

Goals from June may not be the same goals as July. We don't know. Was the unborn, or newborn baby ever mentioned on any of her social media? Was a goal ever shown for the baby or the pregnancy?

I don't think JDT has/had enough motive to want Danniella gone. They could fight out custody in court, and had done that previously. TT was in a rehab, I assume drug rehab, and as far as we know, wasn't a current boyfriend of Danniella's. I don't know if either had another relationship going, or with who. I didn't see the SM posts of either. I am not in any other group discussing this case, so maybe there's stuff that's been revealed that I don't know.

I don't have much experience with people giving up their babies for adoption either. I only know of one person that did, and had prior children. She was so stricken with grief afterwards, that she got pregnant again so she keep that baby. She knew the parents of the one that adopted her baby, and even though they were many states away, she regularly saw photos, and got updates, but she couldn't stop feeling guilty for not keeping it. I am positive others have felt like this woman I know did. I'm positive that some walk away, glad to have found a wonderful place for their child, and move on with their life.

I don't know Danniella, and don't have a clue how she was handling it. I don't know if she was struggling with an addiction, if she was depressed, if she was carefree and ready to tackle the world. I don't know.

Yes you are correct. The reason for the suggestion in this case is that we haven't heard publicly from DNV's friends or people that she might have worked with and they might not feel comfortable with LE. If she was working double shifts she was spending many hours a day with the folks she worked with and so might have shared something of her personal life. IDK but you never know if you don't try. Its not as if the money is lost. Crimestoppers could put the money in trust for CT to further provide comfort as to no financial improprieties.

I hear you, but each of those cases the responsible party was a "lone wolf." I know Delphi has not been solved but I believe it will be a similar situation.

If multiple people were involved or there are peripheral players, they may have information. Like for example a girlfriend who is threatened that the same thing that happened to DNV will happen to her. A large reward may encourage some bravery in difficult situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88