Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Arjens family we want to let you know we are following these posts at least once a day because they offer valuable information for us, especially al those Norwegian clarifications.
We thank you for that, and for showing so much commitment for the search of Arjen.

As Arjens family we want to let you know we are following these posts at least once a day because they offer valuable information for us, especially al those Norwegian clarifications.
We thank you for that, and for showing so much commitment for the search of Arjen.

Welcome to Websleuths, Family of Arjen. All the best to you and may Arjen return home safely soon!

The thought that maybe the Russians might have something to do with Kamphuis' disappearance did cross my mind, though I have no idea whether it's a realistic possibility or not. As I recall, there was widely thought to be a possible espionage element to Isdalskvinnen case. Norway's geographical position and political alignments, on the face of it, do make it likely that Russian agents and spies are (and have long been) operating in the country.
There are always Russian intelligence services in Norway and vice versa. One Russian suspected spy was arrested yesterday after visiting the No. parliament. One No. suspected spy is jailed in Moscow. A few dead "tourists" have been found in the norhern areas over the years, people with no ID and nobody misses them. The new passage and petrolium areas in the Arctic might be worth quarreling about. The largest NATO camp since many years will be all over the country, mainly in the northern part, and it starts about now.

Go drop another kayak in the fjord near Rognan and see what happens! The distance, the speed, if anyone notices it...
I'm all for science. If they find the place where the luggage went down, they may also find an explanation for the accident that may or may not have happened.

I no longer believe it was a robbery. Robbers would have taken his belt bag, or at least the money that was in it.

i think it was an interview with some locals by a Deutch journalist having theories about how the stream/tide works in that area, can someone help find ?

Last edited:
First of all,welcome @Family of Arjen
I wish you a lot of strenght and hoping for the best outcome and to all un answered questions...

To be honest...this -all- is kinda mind blowing to me..I am not an expert when it comes down to technical stuff,security...nato,..russia..etc

Imo @eeqaz you need to find a.local fishersman...they know a lot about current,stream tides..and well..maybe,it can be found into tourist business/whales,dolphins spotting?

In Ireland a local fisherman who later started a business as a dolphin watch.He knew everything....about tides,the stream and wildlife

I never been to Norway...but I do know that NGO has a lot of connections,grassroots NGO
The only thing I follwed in Norway (years ago) was the case of Morgan,the orca who was "found" by the dolphinarium and sold off.
And there was at that time a whale watching who wanted to create a sea reservation for her..well...it never hurts to ask around..
I will try but maybe @Lorrie is more connected /has more connections or knows more answers to this quest?

Last edited:
@worldwatcher - The only thing I know about the current is what I stated here in a earlier posts... I dont think it is many fishermen in the fjords anymore - most of them is fishing out in the archipilago or at sea nowadays... It is a lot of industry in the fjordsystem and some fishfarms.. The touristboats (ribs) goes to Saltstraumen (malstroem) instead, dont think it is much touristboats into Rognan... Once in a while maybe if it is something happening there... Would think the boatbuilder in Rognan would know more about it...

Last edited:
Could the Bitfury center in Mo in Nordland be a place of interest ? (sorry if I am throwing too many ideas around but there are no info. from investigation lately) The Bitfury Group is committed to securing the Bitcoin Blockchain as one of the industry's leading infrastructure providers for bitcoin mining.

Access to green energy + cold surroundings are good for huge data centers like this, because in this industry natural cooling is a big plus, might be the same for the datacenters related to military operations

@worldwatcher - The only thing I know about the current is what I stated here in a earlier posts... I dont think it is many fishermen in the fjords anymore - most of them is fishing out in the archipilago or at sea nowadays... It is a lot of industry in the fjordsystem and some fishfarms.. The touristboats (ribs) goes to Saltstraumen (malstroem) instead, dont think it is much touristboats into Rognan... Once in a while maybe if it is something happening there... Would think the boatbuilder in Rognan would know more about it...
Padling from Fauske to Rognan is about 3,5 h, supposed to be a nice tour (except rainy evenings in Sept. after dark?). A local woman in an interview says to TV that items in the fjord outside Rognan often end up in Tussvika/Kvænfloget, but she also says there are people drowned in the fjord that never have been found. Another local say that he belive his leather bumbag thing was lost quite near they found it, he dosen't belive the stream took it from Rognan to Kvænfloget.

It was a rainy day with wind the day he disappeared and paddling against the current in the evening for several hours sounds not very funny... And it would be dark while paddling too, sounds not like a good idea if he intended to take the train further south.. It is not easy to find a good place to get the kayak out in the water at Fauske. He had to walk 1-2 kilometers back from the railway station towards Bodø to get to the road to the beach where the camping is and the about the same distance to walk to the camping.. The police have stated nobody have seen him there. Or he had to jump from the dock in the town.

I have never heard of anybody who have been paddling in the fjords there. Most people paddle up north from Bodø in The archipilago...

Last edited:
Here is a picture of where they searched with dogs, seems to be in Tussvika, close to the entrance of Kvænflåg-tunnelen, Fauske side Louis kramer (@louiskramer) | Twitter

This is a pic from where the old road goes, before the new Kvænflåg-tunnel was made, a nice way for hikers to walk http://www.lassedahl.com/bilder2/IMG_6113.jpg
http://www.lassedahl.com/bilder2/IMG_6118.jpg
http://www.lassedahl.com/bilder2/IMG_6096.jpg

When I saw that picture on Tuesday, I wondered if these were the keystone cops or if we were being taken for a ride. Why search on land in the bushes if a kayak has been found on one beach, a paddle on another part of the shore and above all a bag with ID has been found in the water, 50 meters from the shore??

The only reasonable reason I can think of is that they had the dogs anyway, and perhaps wanted to make sure if this had been the starting point of AK, or in an extremely unlikely situation, the point where he landed and perished, or walked on.

That was after hard thinking. Still the image remains surreal. Let's search the bushes because a bag with money and an ID was found in the water. Yeah. That.

Here is a member of the expert board of FMF (Free Morgan Foundation) Expert Board - Free Morgan Foundation
Norsk Polarinstitutt They wanted to work at that time with them Arctic Whale Tours
Also keep the family Cousteau in mind,they do a lot of research..they were present at World Oceans Day in Rotterdam Erasmus University (research was mindbreaking),the court FMF vs dolphinarium.
I know it is a long shot but a lot of field work was done but it seems to me that they all were connected and shared their knowledge
There is a lot to be found on a website (global) research
When interested I can post it here tomorrow...

It was a rainy day with wind the day he disappeared and paddling against the current in the evening for several hours sounds not very funny... And it would be dark while paddling too, sounds not like a good idea if he intended to take the train further south.. It is not easy to find a good place to get the kayak out in the water at Fauske. He had to walk 1-2 kilometers back from the railway station towards Bodø to get to the road to the beach where the camping is and the about the same distance to walk to the camping.. The police have stated nobody have seen him there. Or he had to jump from the dock in the town.

I have never heard of anybody who have been paddling in the fjords there. Most people paddle up north from Bodø in The archipilago...

There is a kajakkclubb in Rognan so people are padling in the fjord there, with a transportable kayak you can also padle to Sweden through Sulitjelma, just a little carrying inbetween the waters

Keiko,better known as Free Willy was also near a fjord in Norway,if I am correct..Family Cousteau was direct involved in his release..
Marine Mammals: Keiko | Ocean Futures Society 2002
Cant read all the details...right now so maybe this report can gave some insights about the tides and current and who to mail/ask..?!

Keiko,better known as Free Willy was also near a fjord in Norway,if I am correct..Family Cousteau was direct involved in his release..
Marine Mammals: Keiko | Ocean Futures Society 2002
Cant read all the details...right now so maybe this report can gave some insights about the tides and current and who to mail/ask..?!
The tide you can see here: Se havnivå (eng. version click flag top right)

This is 6th generation fishers in Saltstraumen, they prob. can answere questions about the fjords, streams, typical tourist things to do etc. Norsk

Last edited:
To summarise (correct me if I'm wrong):
- the (bum) bag with stuff inside was found in the water
- the kayak had been pulled ashore days before it was found by someone/police (so it was found on land?)
- the paddle was also found on land(?)

That's why police searched on land, around that cabin and brought in that police dog -not cadaver dog- and the dog didn't find anything else.

- The "bum bag ": translated from TV interview with the No. fisher that picked it up fom the water: "When i got it up i saw that it was this folder you have on the belt, on the buckle so to say" .
- Kayak found by the police pulled up on land
- Paddle found by private person in "same area" as where the kayak was found it is said in No. media

Last edited:
The "bum bag " is directly translated from the No. fisher that picked it up: when i got it up i saw that it was this folder you have on the belt, on the buckle so to say"

- The "bum bag ": translated from TV interview with the No. fisher that picked it up fom the water: "When i got it up i saw that it was this folder you have on the belt, on the buckle so to say" .
- Kayak found by the police pulled up on land
- Paddle found by private person in "same area" as where the kayak was found it is sais in No. media

Hi eeqaz, can you add the source about the kayak?
What does pulled up mean?
What does it say exactly:
- washed ashore?
- pulled on land by someone?
- pulled on land by the police?

Hi eeqaz, can you add the source about the kayak?
What does pulled up mean?
What does it say exactly:
- washed ashore?
- pulled on land by someone?
- pulled on land by the police?
In No. mdia it\s written both: "trukket and dratt opp", meaning pulled, dragged by someone, and its written "a few days before the police found it". No clue how they are sure it has been in the water, in the pics it was not mounted properly, maybe someone with a kayak like this can tell if it looks not finished mounted or about to be packed together after use.
The same day the police found his kayak they belived they found some other belongings in the area.
https://www.nordlys.no/bodo/trafikk...tartet-sok-etter-arjen-kamphuis/s/5-34-959097

Last edited:
In No. mdia it\s written both: "trukket and dratt opp", meaning pulled, dragged by someone, and its written "a few days before the police found it". No clue how they are sure it has been in the water, in the pics it was not mounted properly, maybe someone with a kayak like this can tell if it looks not finished mounted or about to be packed together after use.
The same day the police found his kayak they belived they found some other belongings in the area.
https://www.nordlys.no/bodo/trafikk...tartet-sok-etter-arjen-kamphuis/s/5-34-959097

Dutch reporter Rolien Créton tells that earlier, a resident found the kayak on or near his beach. She is standing on a rock and points to the tiny beach below. Earlier refers to before the find of the bag.

NOS Journaal van Dinsdag, 20:00 | NOS

from 20.45 on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members