Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree JLZ

William Tyrrell disappearance: Police zero in on search area, new ...
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph...

Jun 26, 2018 - Rosann has a list of ranked persons of interest, with just a “small pool of people”now classed as a “high risk” of being involved in William's ...

Interesting to note in the article that you linked that the newer area searched - the area about 4km away from Benaroon Drive - had been previously searched within the first week or so of William's disappearance.

Cedar Loggers Lane resident Clive Wilmott remembers seeing search parties at the intersection in the opening days of the search but does not recall anyone suspicious.
“I never saw anyone suspicious or anyone lurking,” he said.

“They were down there searching when he went missing in the first week or so.
“It’s fairly dense rugged bushland. If you were looking to take something in there you would have had to know what the area was like.”

The “line of inquiry” which led to yesterday’s search has been on the strike force’s radar at least for months.
Police do not believe William could have walked the 4km to the new site, meaning anything they may find there will further strengthen their belief he met with “human intervention”.

“We’re looking for any information, any exhibits relating to William’s disappearance ... it is very specific,” Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin said.
The new search site is about a five-minute drive from where William went missing.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
June 27, 2018

Here is The Port News report. I noticed their reporter was there at Batar Creek in the television reports, and it has very similiar wording as in your link Sosocurious and also makes it clear it is a quote from a Police spokesperson, adding to the credibility of these two reports.

A spokesperson from NSW Police said a ‘small pool of high risk persons of interest are actively being investigated’. She said as yet no evidence had been found as a result of the search.

Inquiry into person of interest sparked new location search

I wondered when it is stated no evidence has been found as a result of the search. Do they mean evidence of misadventure? Wasn't that what the forensic search was for? To rule out misadventure if it went to a coronial inquest or criminal court.

Sorry, still on the subject of poi's -

• Before the inquest begins, it is important to identify persons who may have an interest in the proceedings. Some of these may be, for example, next of kin or statutory authorities or government authorities. Others will be persons of interest. While the term, persons of interest, is not used in the Coroners Act, it is a label applied in practice to those who may be the subject of a referral under s 78 by the coroner to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

• Persons of interest must be notified in writing before the inquest that their interests may be adversely affected by the anticipated evidence and suggesting that they seek legal advice and representation.

• Other persons who may be the subject of criticism should also be notified and advised that it may be in their interests to obtain legal advice and representation.
Coronial matters

I wondered when it is stated no evidence has been found as a result of the search. Do they mean evidence of misadventure? Wasn't that what the forensic search was for? To rule out misadventure if it went to a coronial inquest or criminal court.

Sorry, still on the subject of poi's -

• Before the inquest begins, it is important to identify persons who may have an interest in the proceedings. Some of these may be, for example, next of kin or statutory authorities or government authorities. Others will be persons of interest. While the term, persons of interest, is not used in the Coroners Act, it is a label applied in practice to those who may be the subject of a referral under s 78 by the coroner to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

• Persons of interest must be notified in writing before the inquest that their interests may be adversely affected by the anticipated evidence and suggesting that they seek legal advice and representation.

• Other persons who may be the subject of criticism should also be notified and advised that it may be in their interests to obtain legal advice and representation.
Coronial matters

Wonder how many day's notice the POI's must be given and if this process has already started considering there maybe many that get called

Wonder how many day's notice the POI's must be given and if this process has already started considering there maybe many that get called

I have no idea.
I guess the coroner would need to obtain the brief of evidence first and consider who she might subpoena.
Imo, there would be a procedure that would indicate the required notice that must/should be given to all interested persons. How long before a subpoena must be served on someone compelled to attend and give evidence ..dunno. I assume they are given enough time to seek legal advice if so inclined.
jmo

The sad thing about this upcoming inquest is that the police have not been able to find William, despite their best efforts.

Will he ever be found? Where are you, William? :(

Last edited:
I saw Criminal Minds on TV days ago. One episode told of families/women, who got taken their own children away by government (because of neglect or similar) and who searched for replacement children in the (dark??) net. There has to be a net/forum, where a person can search for someone, who is interested in getting a child for (disgraceful) purposes. Logically, the person searching is someone, who wants to get rid of an uncomfortable child.
Don't ask me, how they would explain it to have one less child (the "giving" family) or one more child (the receiving family) - I don't know.

Did anyone see the segment on City of Evil (Ch9) last night about the SA school teacher-dad-pedo who had been (finally) convicted of stealing and murdering/assaulting three children ... the long missing Louise Bell being one of those children?

A perfect example of opportunistic child abductions ... two in broad daylight. The little boy he grabbed at the riverside, the other boy he grabbed while riding his bike. Although he took Louise through her bedroom window - from the room she shared with her sister - while her parents were sleeping.

These children (two still not found) were bigger than William - in the 10-13 year old range - and still were grabbed/coaxed quietly, quickly, with little trace left behind. Destined to be cold cases or accidents or runaways, until the brave 13 year old escaped from this pedo's clutches and everything was slowly added up and revealed.

I thought of William a lot during this TV segment. How 'easily' this can be done, the high risks taken, how a pedo can 'like' boys & girls of similar age range, how long it takes to catch the perp, how the children are so well hidden that they have not been found.

Twist and turns of disappearance of Adelaide schoolgirl Louise Bell

Last edited:
I haven't caught up, so this is unrelated sorry... but does anyone remember the clip of a local man speaking to reporters? Aged in his 60's. IIRC he lived at the time in Benaroon dve, & he might be near his porch in the clip. It went for a minute or so. Just curious to see it again. checked @richieswan youtube clips but there are so many (thanks richie :) )

So they are saying in this clip that BS charges in NSW and Vic were "dropped", BS and TJ know each other, the search at BS's business found no evidence of WT, TJ had a 2nd silver car like the one witnessed on Benaroon Dr on the day WT disappeared. The white station wagon was taken taken by police and searched and cleared and the silver one found out in the bush was his, but burned out. That is what I am understanding the clip to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288