Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE said there is no evidence against Shan'nan, and yet you say "she had been accused of strangling her daughters", without mentioning that her murderer said that. And you imply that you are looking into this as a jury would "need to". There is no charge against SW, so why would you need to evaluate her as a jury would? IMO

Not to mention, a jury has to operate within the law. There’s no law that says you can kill someone because they are bossy, or a liar, or controlling, or make up illnesses.

He could plead insanity but he needs to be evaluated and meet a HEAVY burden that he did NOT know what he was doing at the time of the murder. I think we all know he can’t meet that burden.

He could claim self defense, but he’d need to show his life was in immediate danger and he had NO other options. Given the size of him and that he managed to kill her, that’s out.

He could claim defense of his children, but he never called for anyone to help them, so that’s way out.

There’s nothing left. You cannot kill someone because they were bossy. It’s against the law. It’s murder. A jury would have to convict him in Shananns murder, it actually makes NO difference how “bossy” anyone thinks she was.

Thank you so much for keeping the floor plan updated for us @The Saint. I have missed seeing your posts here.

I'm also bringing this forward because @human asked a question about the car dealership. Maybe the video linked in the quoted post will help.

MOO
Thanks @PommyMommy and thanks for finding the model floorplan. I have trouble finding the threads open.

They met in 2010, married in November 2012, and less than 6 years later she was strangled and placed in a shallow grave.

It’s obvious she was passionate about working for Le-Vel and loved promoting Thrive.

Perhaps what’s not so well remembered is the fact that she only started with Le-Vel in April 2017, 16 months before she was murdered.

With baby No. 3 on the way she knew she’d have to wind down her sales work towards the latter stages of her pregnancy and for some time after the birth of Nico. Maybe that’s part of her reason for working her heart out and trying to earn as much as possible before he was born.

I admire her on so many fronts and in my eyes she was a loving, caring mother and loved CW. However, when he started distancing himself from her and the girls, she must have started having concerns that he may have an interest in someone else. Her suspicions were such that she raised them with a few people. The fact that she spent 5 weeks away suggests to me that she now had a real belief that the marriage was in trouble and she may have been laying the groundwork to return to NC.
*edit: BBM
That's the beauty, if you will, of an MLM company. Most of her work was done over the phone. She could continue this indefinitely, IMO, until the baby was born. Heck, she could start texting & posting to people from her hospital bed. She was a very zealous marketer. I have several of them as Facebook friends & they are constantly doing videos & posts about their product & also doing the videos that we see SW did constantly. (yes I admit I hid most of them) So all of this to say, IMO SW would have continued to be as zealous as always promoting her product. I agree with you JudgeJudi, she worked her heart out for everything she did.

Last edited:
Here is a summary (since this video is 15 minutes long) of the video for anyone who doesn’t have time to listen or can’t access Facebook. If you can listen, please do, as it exemplifies everything our two VI’s @isalybra and @Colorado303, Shanann’s family and her friends say about her. It is positive, uplifting and inspirational.

She's in her office and says it’s a mess, so she's cleaning while the kids are sleeping and found one of her baby pictures. She holds it up for her viewers to see and tells them “it's totally CeCe,” but that she sees Bella in it too. She says she wants to do this live to talk about herself (vs. Thrive). She was inspired to do so after talking to a friend from high school who she's talked to off and on for the last couple of years but never really any in-depth conversation to get to know what's going in their life and vice-versa.

One thing that she has learned about herself is that she loves, loves helping people. She says she was in a place for a long time where she was very insecure, didn't feel good about herself, wasn't happy, was in a bad relationship and went through a really awful divorce. She lost her confidence and had to start over financially. Everything that she had doubted before came flooding back. Her boss at the time took her under her wing and helped her regain her confidence. In short, she went through a long struggle with her ex but credits him for making her a better person. She says she always sees the good in the bad and promises her viewers that if you dig deep enough into your struggle, you'll see the good and the positive in it.

She was diagnosed with "health challenges" in 2010 which put her in a really bad place. She didn't feel good about herself and lost many friends because they didn't understand what was happening. She says, "I looked like this still, but my inside felt awful." At the same time she was in this bad place, she says, "I met my Chris." She says that he's been the best thing, besides her children, that has ever happened to her. He understood her struggles, was okay with her canceling dates or reservations last minute because, "ten minutes ago I felt amazing, and then ten minutes later I didn't."

She believes that things happen for a reason and that God works in mysterious ways. She believes he places people in our lives at the right time. Her struggle that year helped her see her husband. She initially ignored his friend request, deleting it - fast forward 6 months to when she was diagnosed with her health challenges...he sent her another friend request and she said, "What the heck. We're never going to meet, it's just Facebook, right?" And they met, and they fell in love and she says, "I couldn't ask God for a better man in my life because he's so supportive. He takes care of me, he's becoming funnier…” “he's sexy, he's good looking and he does take care of our girls. He's probably the best father I could have asked for, for my children."

She says she has people in her life that just talking to them, makes her a better person. She says, "Make sure you have people in your life who encourage you and motivate you and compliment you." She says, "Find your purpose." She says the reason she loves Thrive so much is that she found a purpose and she feels amazing.

She says she felt like a failure because she never completed college she started into a bad relationship and quit college to take care of him so he could go to college, then never started back. When she did, she was diagnosed with her health challenges that limited her ability to concentrate and focus, which was really hard for her because she's not a quitter. If she fails, she picks herself back up.

And now, even though she didn't finish college, she has a purpose. It's a blessing to be able to help somebody and she no longer feels like a failure. She doesn't feel like she has to prove anything to anybody but herself, her kids and create an example of a good person for them - of a leader. That's her goal. At the end of the day, she wants to help whoever it is who wants a better life for themselves or their family. "I love helping people," she says. "I love motivating. I love encouraging. I love sharing passion with others. I love that." She defines success as being able to make a difference in someone else's life. She says that is huge for her.

She says, "I love you guys. Find your purpose in life. Find your purpose in every day. Find what it is that drives you to be a better person and cling onto it. Like, run with it." She says if anyone needs motivation, someone to boost them up, or someone to talk to, "I'm here." She says she can never have too many people to help motivate her, encourage her and to help make her a better person. She says, "You don't have to join my team...there's so much negativity in the world that we lose that positive feeling."

She wishes her listeners a wonderful day and tells them to do something today to make somebody else smile and be a better person. She tells them to teach their kids to be positive instead of, “…all this negativity we have going on. There's just too much of it. Our kids deserve better. I want my kids raised in a better world, so we need to make a better world, so make somebody happy today, find your purpose..."

She says that every day she writes down what she's grateful for. Today she was grateful for her children, of course. She's grateful for waking up feeling great and she's grateful that her job cut back her hours this week. She looked at the positive and now she has time to help other people. She has more time to spend with her kids and that's what she's grateful for.

MOO
Wow, thanks for typing all that.

We have a VI who hasn't defended SW's behavior and actions prior to the murders, but nobody has come forward with any negative thoughts towards CW's character prior to this. This alone makes me question everyone and everything. People don't typically just snap and kill their whole family without any warning signs. There has to be way more to this than CW wanting out to have a fresh start with his AP party. jmo

Imo, there’s also reason to think that having gone through the end of a bad marriage and come out the other side, she knew she could survive CW leaving and still have a happy, successful life. She’d already done it. She knew what was within her. Also, as dark as the end of her first marriage may have been, she didn’t resort to violence then. I have a hard time seeing why she would now.
I guess what bothers me is her sadness talking in that video. We know there were financial issues, an affair, and two children and a pregnancy. According to the beautician video in NC SW mom had said they were separating. SW
Here is a summary (since this video is 15 minutes long) of the video for anyone who doesn’t have time to listen or can’t access Facebook. If you can listen, please do, as it exemplifies everything our two VI’s @isalybra and @Colorado303, Shanann’s family and her friends say about her. It is positive, uplifting and inspirational.

She's in her office and says it’s a mess, so she's cleaning while the kids are sleeping and found one of her baby pictures. She holds it up for her viewers to see and tells them “it's totally CeCe,” but that she sees Bella in it too. She says she wants to do this live to talk about herself (vs. Thrive). She was inspired to do so after talking to a friend from high school who she's talked to off and on for the last couple of years but never really any in-depth conversation to get to know what's going in their life and vice-versa.

One thing that she has learned about herself is that she loves, loves helping people. She says she was in a place for a long time where she was very insecure, didn't feel good about herself, wasn't happy, was in a bad relationship and went through a really awful divorce. She lost her confidence and had to start over financially. Everything that she had doubted before came flooding back. Her boss at the time took her under her wing and helped her regain her confidence. In short, she went through a long struggle with her ex but credits him for making her a better person. She says she always sees the good in the bad and promises her viewers that if you dig deep enough into your struggle, you'll see the good and the positive in it.

She was diagnosed with "health challenges" in 2010 which put her in a really bad place. She didn't feel good about herself and lost many friends because they didn't understand what was happening. She says, "I looked like this still, but my inside felt awful." At the same time she was in this bad place, she says, "I met my Chris." She says that he's been the best thing, besides her children, that has ever happened to her. He understood her struggles, was okay with her canceling dates or reservations last minute because, "ten minutes ago I felt amazing, and then ten minutes later I didn't."

She believes that things happen for a reason and that God works in mysterious ways. She believes he places people in our lives at the right time. Her struggle that year helped her see her husband. She initially ignored his friend request, deleting it - fast forward 6 months to when she was diagnosed with her health challenges...he sent her another friend request and she said, "What the heck. We're never going to meet, it's just Facebook, right?" And they met, and they fell in love and she says, "I couldn't ask God for a better man in my life because he's so supportive. He takes care of me, he's becoming funnier…” “he's sexy, he's good looking and he does take care of our girls. He's probably the best father I could have asked for, for my children."

She says she has people in her life that just talking to them, makes her a better person. She says, "Make sure you have people in your life who encourage you and motivate you and compliment you." She says, "Find your purpose." She says the reason she loves Thrive so much is that she found a purpose and she feels amazing.

She says she felt like a failure because she never completed college she started into a bad relationship and quit college to take care of him so he could go to college, then never started back. When she did, she was diagnosed with her health challenges that limited her ability to concentrate and focus, which was really hard for her because she's not a quitter. If she fails, she picks herself back up.

And now, even though she didn't finish college, she has a purpose. It's a blessing to be able to help somebody and she no longer feels like a failure. She doesn't feel like she has to prove anything to anybody but herself, her kids and create an example of a good person for them - of a leader. That's her goal. At the end of the day, she wants to help whoever it is who wants a better life for themselves or their family. "I love helping people," she says. "I love motivating. I love encouraging. I love sharing passion with others. I love that." She defines success as being able to make a difference in someone else's life. She says that is huge for her.

She says, "I love you guys. Find your purpose in life. Find your purpose in every day. Find what it is that drives you to be a better person and cling onto it. Like, run with it." She says if anyone needs motivation, someone to boost them up, or someone to talk to, "I'm here." She says she can never have too many people to help motivate her, encourage her and to help make her a better person. She says, "You don't have to join my team...there's so much negativity in the world that we lose that positive feeling."

She wishes her listeners a wonderful day and tells them to do something today to make somebody else smile and be a better person. She tells them to teach their kids to be positive instead of, “…all this negativity we have going on. There's just too much of it. Our kids deserve better. I want my kids raised in a better world, so we need to make a better world, so make somebody happy today, find your purpose..."

She says that every day she writes down what she's grateful for. Today she was grateful for her children, of course. She's grateful for waking up feeling great and she's grateful that her job cut back her hours this week. She looked at the positive and now she has time to help other people. She has more time to spend with her kids and that's what she's grateful for.

MOO
imo I see a very sad depressed woman who seems a little afraid of losing everything. Perception is different for everyone . I feel she felt marriage was coming to a halt suspected affair as she mentioned to Thayers . I am curious to the multiple health conditions bc I feel she has them posted for attention and same with girls . I think as she said she met CW when sick . He stuck there so being pregnant or sick may make him run back. This does not mean I think she is diabolical. I feel sad for her. IMO

I'm sure he realized he had made a big mistake. Shanann was unlikely to forgive his affair. He would lose all the respect and admiration he had gained from his wife's loving posts about her hero husband. She would soon be telling a very different story and he knew it. Maybe that's why he deleted his facebook.

He made a mistake and he thought he could fix it by erasing it and starting over.

Would it not be a big (giant) deal for someone selling a product to the public to delete their public profile?
Strange that.

I would not call it support, but several people have come out and said he was a good guy. People from high school, trade school, and the birthday party man.

Even NAU said how he had changed with not hugging SW and interacting with the girls.

(The dehumanizing process was starting I would guess).

I imagine work buddies have been instructed to say nothing,

I forget. What did the dealership where he worked say?
I don't know where CW worked in NC with his roommate. But in CO,
he and Shanann both worked for a FORD dealership. Their former boss is quoted in this article:
‘Everyone Liked Him’: Did Colorado Dad Chris Watts Lead a Double Life?

Would it not be a big (giant) deal for someone selling a product to the public to delete their public profile?
Strange that.
It may have been Trinket78 or another poster who said that CW deleted his SM because he was unhappy that SW kept posting gushy posts about him even though
they had talked about separating.

If Shanann was only looking for attention, I would think her husband leaving her for another woman while she is pregnant would garner lots more attention for her. Just think of the possibilities...she goes through such a terrible ordeal, but keeps her head up and comes out on top even more popular and successful than before.

Exactly. And, just because I'm a visual person, here's what that looks like:

Chris Watts – Charges FILED by the People of Colorado
COUNT 1: MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(1)(a) (F1){01011}

COUNT 2: MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(1)(a) (F1){01011}

COUNT 3: MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(1)(a) (F1){01011}

COUNT 4: MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(1)(f) (F1){01018}

COUNT 5: MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3-102(1)(f) (F1){01018}

COUNT 6: UNLAWFUL TERMINATION OF PREGNANCY IN THE FIRST DEGREE, C.R.S. 18-3.5-103(1),(2) (F2){01073}

COUNT 7: TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY, C.R.S. 18-8-610.5 (F3){26065}

COUNT 8: TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY, C.R.S. 18-8-610.5 (F3){26065}

COUNT 9: TAMPERING WITH A DECEASED HUMAN BODY, C.R.S. 18-8-610.5 (F3){26065}

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/COMPLAINT AND INFORMATION.pdf

Shanann Watts - Chris said she did it

MOO
BRAVO! Excellent post! Says it all!

We have a VI who hasn't defended SW's behavior and actions prior to the murders, but nobody has come forward with any negative thoughts towards CW's character prior to this. This alone makes me question everyone and everything. People don't typically just snap and kill their whole family without any warning signs. There has to be way more to this than CW wanting out to have a fresh start with his AP party. jmo
Respectfully, absolutely they do. CW fits the classic example of a family annihilator.

“Family Annihilators”: Understanding What Drives Fathers to Kill | TIME.com

Characteristics of family killers revealed: The male dominated crime most common in August

Deadly Dads: Some of the Shocking Reasons Fathers Kill Their Own Children | The Forensic Outreach Library

Inside the Mind of Family Annihilators

Pike County massacre: Some killers are 'family annihilators,' former FBI agent says

‘Family Annihilator’ evades justice for 42 years - Rocky Mount Telegram

MOO

We have a VI who vigorously and enthusiastically defends SW's behavior and actions prior to her murder. IMO

I guess what bothers me is her sadness talking in that video. We know there were financial issues, an affair, and two children and a pregnancy. According to the beautician video in NC SW mom had said they were separating. SW

imo I see a very sad depressed woman who seems a little afraid of losing everything. Perception is different for everyone . I feel she felt marriage was coming to a halt suspected affair as she mentioned to Thayers . I am curious to the multiple health conditions bc I feel she has them posted for attention and same with girls . I think as she said she met CW when sick . He stuck there so being pregnant or sick may make him run back. This does not mean I think she is diabolical. I feel sad for her. IMO
What did she say or do that makes you think she was sad? She smiles, laughs and talks passionately about how much she loves her husband and children. The Thayers are not in this video and there is no evidence that she knew of any affair at this point. The video is from 2 years ago, is it not?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member