DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’ll throw this scenario out for you. JW is still thinking about racing and a big sponsorship. He approaches SS and asks him for money for a sponsorship. SS turns him down. JW keeps his composure to SS but underneath is fuming since he knows SS is loaded and could spare some, especially for a loyal employee. JW devises a plan just for the $40,000 and uses Wint and/or his brothers for muscle. JW doesn’t plan for violence but either he gets peeved that things are taking longer and maybe Phillip is causing problems so he okays violence or more likely, the Wint family goes rogue, commits violence and JW never meant for it to get this far and anyone to lose their life and is truthfully upset. All JMO, MOO

How was that plan supposed to unfold? JW expected the Wints to hand over the 40k after the home invasion? Why would they ever do that?

In that scenario, how much was JW going to get as his share? Worth enough to risk absolutely everything? He was that angry about being turned down that he would risk so much and trust to conspire with people like the DW....all for a scenario of sponsorship that has absolutely no basis in fact? That's why people suspect JW?

jmo
Your right. I have absolutely no answers to your questions. It’s just things are a tad too coincidental for me or don’t make sense. I believe 100% there was no way that DW did all this himself. I don’t even believe he and his brothers could have pulled this off. This was not haphazard nor spur of the moment. this was not some guys sitting around shooting the breeze trying to come up with a quick-rich scheme. It was violent but also well controlled (violence aside). More interactions with outside people for such a long length of time than anything I’ve seen, even most movies. And barely any evidence left after staying in the house, what 20 hours. That requires tremendous restraint and concentration not to take gloves off when using bathroom, etc. I couldn’t do it....guess that’s why I’m not a criminal

Your right. I have absolutely no answers to your questions. It’s just things are a tad too coincidental for me or don’t make sense. I believe 100% there was no way that DW did all this himself. I don’t even believe he and his brothers could have pulled this off. This was not haphazard nor spur of the moment. this was not some guys sitting around shooting the breeze trying to come up with a quick-rich scheme. It was violent but also well controlled (violence aside). More interactions with outside people for such a long length of time than anything I’ve seen, even most movies. And barely any evidence left after staying in the house, what 20 hours. That requires tremendous restraint and concentration not to take gloves off when using bathroom, etc. I couldn’t do it....guess that’s why I’m not a criminal
I hear ya. I think anyone following the case has at least some questions about how this crime actually happened. But, given the facts that we do have, I don't think JW is the answer to our questions. JW isn't to blame just because it's mysterious how DW supposedly managed all this on his own.

that'smyopinionatthemoment.

How was that plan supposed to unfold? JW expected the Wints to hand over the 40k after the home invasion? Why would they ever do that?

I would expect the money to be split. Doubt it would be equally (man with the plan usually takes the bigger cut) but maybe. Maybe they all expected SS could get his hands on more money so that each share would be more than splitting the $40,000 they ended up getting. Maybe JW had something incrimating (recording or such) on the Wints to guarantee no double-cross. Who knows! All I know is cops never did find jW’s red bag that the money was in. And if I remember there were other inconsistencies as well. Enough to give me some reasonable doubt. Guess we’ll see what else is presented this week in evidence.

I would expect the money to be split. Doubt it would be equally (man with the plan usually takes the bigger cut) but maybe. Maybe they all expected SS could get his hands on more money so that each share would be more than splitting the $40,000 they ended up getting. Maybe JW had something incrimating (recording or such) on the Wints to guarantee no double-cross. Who knows! All I know is cops never did find jW’s red bag that the money was in. And if I remember there were other inconsistencies as well. Enough to give me some reasonable doubt. Guess we’ll see what else is presented this week in evidence.

My point was that there would be no reason for any of the Wints to give JW a dime of that $. Why would they? he has no leverage and they would not fear him in the least.

It doesn't make any sense for JW to get involved with something like that. His father is an ex police officer. His mother is pretty well off /upper middle class. The small amount of money that would have been JW's cut is so little that it makes no sense he would enter the criminal world for such a small payoff. He had a much better and brighter future working for SS, rather than robbing him.

Investigative journalist Nate Thayer says there's a connection between Wallace and Daron Wint, who's been charged in the murders. Police are searching for possible accomplices.

INSIDE EDITION's Les Trent asked Thayer during an interview, "What is the link between Jordan Wallace and Daron Dylon Wint?"

Thayer said, "Jordan Wallace and Daron Wint grew up in the exact same apartment complex over a number of years. These apartments were literally within feet of each other." <modsnip - snarky>

That doesn't prove they have any kind of connection. JMO

IIRC, back in the beginning, when JW was hired to coach PS, JW’s thinking was this.

By coaching PS, JW would get to transport PS’s race car to the places where PS was racing. This would put JW in front of some big names. After mixing with this crowd, JW would find the sponsor he desparately wanted.

This may have been actually posted, however, I have no idea where to find it. So I will say IMO.

So were the brothers actually there in the house (in addition to DW)? Defense claims that they were. I presume we aren't going to actually hear brothers testifying?

I hear ya. I think anyone following the case has at least some questions about how this crime actually happened. But, given the facts that we do have, I don't think JW is the answer to our questions. JW isn't to blame just because it's mysterious how DW supposedly managed all this on his own.

that'smyopinionatthemoment.
Why would DW actually manage it all on his own? Defense claims his brothers were there. That's what I don't get, has prosecution looked into brothers. Lots of evidence that DW was there, but that doesn't mean he was there alone. Now defense claims his brothers were there.

Last edited:
Was JW polygraph tested for lying? If prosecution is sure he had nothing to do with murder or planning did they polygraph test him to make sure? Can they polygraph him now that the trial is underway?

Obviously with multiple suspects involved, one person doesn't expect to get all the money. So JW could have at most expected to have a third or a forth of the money. Which really means he was going to lose more than to gain since his job would have been over and he was going to lose his salary which I presume was more than 10K.

Was JW polygraph tested for lying? If prosecution is sure he had nothing to do with murder or planning did they polygraph test him to make sure? Can they polygraph him now that the trial is underway?
I have no clue but polygraphs aren't highly reliable-there is a reason they are not usually admitted at trial. An innocent but anxious, nervous person could fail and a guilty sociopath or psychopath could beat a polygraph.

You could google old articles to see if it's been reported that JW was polygraphed. I honestly don't remember.

If JW hasn't already taken a polograph, he could still be asked to take a polygraph if LE had a reason to request one.

JW has not been charged with anything. The person standing trial is DW.

Welcome to WS, by the way.

jmo

Why would DW actually manage it all on his own? Defense claims his brothers were there. That's what I don't get, has prosecution looked into brothers. Lots of evidence that DW was there, but that doesn't mean he was there alone. Now defense claims his brothers were there.
It's weird, isn't it? I think defense mentioned the idea that the brothers are responsible to build toward reasonable doubt in the minds of the jury members. Many of us following the case wonder how DW could've managed this crime on his own - and I don't know about the rest of you, but when DW was caught with other people, I assumed those other people would be arrested for the crimes too. But they were released. I think the jury members are going to have the same questions we do, and the defense is doing its best to exploit those questions and put doubt in their minds.

IMO, the jury might have questions about whether or not DW was sole perpetrator, but I don't think they will doubt that DW was in the house and responsible for the crimes. I hope so, anyway. We haven't heard the defense's case yet. I'm expecting a lot of technical info about DNA.

jmo

Last edited:
It appears that nate-thayer.com is no longer working.
http://www.nate-thayer.com/the-savopoulos-murders-my-very-brief-career-as-a-true-crime-journalist/

His article was titled “ The #Savopoulos Murders: My very brief career as a true-crime journalist” . June 2015.

Nate Thayer is an investigative freelance reporter, according to Wikipedia.
Nate Thayer - Wikipedia

That means he investigates and sells his articles, which is common practice in the J world. He has been a freelance reporter for years and most always writes about foreign politics.

Last night I was able to find the article about his one and only foray into crime reporting- on the S case. Today it is gone.

I cannot access any of Nate Thayer’s writings about Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge , the KKK or the S family article. It appears to be gone. All of it.

The Inside Edition article was quoting Nate Thayer. It is dated June 4, 2015.

Nate Thayers last FB Post was November 2017.
Nate Thayer’s last Tweet was April 19, 2018
Nate Thayer’s Wordpress blog last entry Feb.24, 2013.

I’m surprised with the trial going on Nate Thayer is not doing a follow up piece. It certainly would sell.

Like Carmen Sandiego, where in the world is Nate Thayer and why no followup with the trial and his claims?

JMO

Reactions: IDK
Do you have reasonable doubt that DW was involved in the crime?

jmo

It's weird, isn't it? I think defense mentioned the idea that the brothers are responsible to build toward reasonable doubt in the minds of the jury members. Many of us following the case wonder how DW could've managed this crime on his own - and I don't know about the rest of you, but when DW was caught with other people, I assumed those other people would be arrested for the crimes too. But they were released. I think the jury members are going to have the same questions we do, and the defense is doing its best to exploit those questions and put doubt in their minds.

IMO, the jury might have questions about whether or not DW was sole perpetrator, but I don't think they will doubt that DW was in the house and responsible for the crimes. I hope so, anyway. We haven't heard the defense's case yet. I'm expecting a lot of technical info about DNA.

jmo
ITA. But defense admits DW was in the house eating pizza, right? So going after validity of the DNA seems to make little sense, unless defense is just throwing a lot of mud everywhere to see what sticks.
There are no statutes of limitation on murder so it's possible to have other arrests still. Which I hope so.

I am anxiously awaiting the DNA testimony and evidence. I know I'm not the only one.

Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie
Week 3 in the #MansionMurders trial set to begin - expect more physical evidence from crime scene & DNA testimony soon. ⁦@fox5dc

Dn3M_0IXoAIciNm.jpg

6:24 AM - 24 Sep 2018

Are you doubting the investigative work of Inside Edition?

:)
Inside Edition’s only source for their article in 2015 was Nate Thayer’s 2015 article. Nate Thayer’s website and all his posts are gone... either he has deleted his work or he failed to renew his website domain, which seems highly unlikely for a freelance journalist.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member