Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd chime in here.

I live in Gastonia and work at the end of Tulip Drive which runs right past the park. Cops still had the entrances to the park blocked off this morning as I left.

I spoke to a neighbor of mine who is a Firefighter here in Gastonia and he said he and his crew spent 12 hours yesterday searching the park. He said that he along with some LE are skeptical of the story they have been given regarding the circumstances of how this little boy went missing. Some do not even think he was there at the park at all on Saturday. Of course they are going to search and leave no stone unturned but that is what he said to me this morning.

I hope I am not violating any rules relaying that information and if so mods please delete.

We are praying he is found safe. My wife and I were just there Friday afternoon with our six year old son and younger daughters and it is tough to think about how something like this can happen so close to home.

They have very obviously searched the lake and park several times and if they have found anything they arent releasing that info yet.. I keep hoping 'no news is good news' since as far as we know they haven't found evidence that turns this into a recovery search... This is a long time for a young child though. I've attached more photos from a friend of mine that show different areas of behind the tree lines at the area of the park he was reportedly missing from. There are also areas of steep, rocky ditches... this was once a water reservoir and sits right in the middle of highways etc so there are a lot of tunnels, Drain pipes etc that a child could easily hide in.. Still not allowing volunteers to help search .

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1537795243847.jpg
    FB_IMG_1537795243847.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 74
  • FB_IMG_1537795250828.jpg
    FB_IMG_1537795250828.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 79
  • FB_IMG_1537795257583.jpg
    FB_IMG_1537795257583.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 65
One thing that has been a bit unique about this case than so many others is the social media part. I know even if there were details we cant discuss here however, social media sleuths have obviously been going and there haven't been any of the red flags that tend to accompany these situations. Every one has there theories and currently ( only my opinion from sm) majority feel like he may not have ever been here. (LE has not confirmed or denied so that is just speculation based on the little we do know. )

Not that I've tried but I don't think this would be an easy location to just 'dump a body '.
LE not allowing help on the search normally leads you to believe they feel this may involve evidence however, this child is autistic and ( as stated from reports) is considered nonverbal. (There has been clarification on that from parents but since it was sm and the parents have also not been named etc I will just say that nonverbal could also include limiting verbal communication to people he trusts. )

Things have been very quiet today, as in LITERALLY the park area itself even has been less active, so maybe they are planning the next phase/steps?

Unless you have a child with autism. It’s impossible to understand how this happens so often. You are emotional drained , you have to be “on 24/7” what I mean is a lot of autistic kids do not sleep. We went 18 month of HELL with our daughter when she totally stopped sleeping. I’m not joking her brain couldn’t shut down. I don’t know how I lived through that period of time. We found a new dr who rx her a Med used for blood pressure. That lowers her bp forcing her body to finally sleep. That no sleep started at age 3, that’s when she regressed into autism. Now 11 years later she still needs that medication to sleep. She takes a dose so high that it would kill a typical person. But her chemistry isn’t typical she reacts to meds so different.
I pray that you didn't think my comment was directed towards any loving parent who has an autistic child- no, no, no, that is not what I meant at all, and I am so very very sorry if you took it that way! I was thinking about little Joe, who's father admitted to killing him and his body hasn't been found because he won't tell where little Joe is, and little DanielTheriot, who was beaten to death by the mother's boyfriend for not listening or behaving. This was never directed at any of the wonderful parents of autistic children who take great care of their darlings and love them with all of their hearts and souls. I have several family members and friends that know of your daily struggles far better than I do, and I commend all of you loving and caring parents for facing these daily challenges, often without help. I've stated on this board several times that parents with autistic children need help and support from the community and medical profession.

‘I followed search crews looking for missing 6 year old in Gastonia. @GPDNC said Maddox Ritch ran ahead of his father an a friend at Rankin Lake Park Saturday. They could catch up with the child who is autistic.

Shelby and Cleveland County searchers have joined the effort.’

7B222056-F15F-4083-B5BC-9EB302B9348C.jpeg 13AFA542-5258-4EB2-990A-52C275E0122E.jpeg

Ken on Twitter

It bothers me that they didn't allow the community to join the search.

If my child ever went missing somewhere, I'd want as many people out there looking as possible!
I'm sure they have a good reason, and I'm afraid it doesn't look good when I see this. Let's hope I'm wrong. Sweet baby.

Thank you HayLouise for keeping us updated. I've been following this case since the beginning. It's the first missing child case I've followed for quite sometime. They are especially hard because most of them don't turn out well, as we know. I'm so hoping and praying this little boy will be ok but the longer it goes on the less likelihood of that happening. The first 48 is about up and that puts a fearful dread on me. I pray he'll be found today and that he is safe. Poor little guy.

‘ROAD BLOCKED OFF: This is as far as we can get to Rankin Lake Park where authorities have been searching for the missing child since 7am. The search area has been expanded two miles outside of the park, per City of Gastonia. News conference update set for sometime after 3pm.’

Caroline Fountain on Twitter

*video at link

‘JUST IN: Here’s the latest update on the search for 6 y/o Maddox Ritch from the City of Gastonia. @FOX46News’

21011CD5-113D-481C-A019-D79A3BB08680.jpeg

Caroline Fountain on Twitter

I'm sure they have a good reason, and I'm afraid it doesn't look good when I see this. Let's hope I'm wrong. Sweet baby.

In the the first few hours the community was searching. At one point that evening they started turning searchers away as they stated they hey had aprox 200 or more citizens plus LE ..It was several hours in before they closed the park off from searchers however all night long people were still searching the surrounding area on ATVS and foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123