AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed this case from the beginning but have gotten lost in some of the (ever-changing) details. Maybe a silly question: How do we know that the GPS was intentionally disabled, as opposed to simply no longer working because the car has been submerged in water or otherwise destroyed?

Last edited:
DNV has apparently been living in her own apartment for a while (at least for the past year or so).

It would have been difficult and aggravating to bum rides from friends especially working double shifts for an extended period of time. Do the buses run at 2am when Ollie’s closes?

She would had a car prior to this one. A good deal of cash came from an insurance claim? Was she involved in a car accident serious enough to get money? Was her car totaled?

She wasn’t living with JDT, wasn’t in a relationship with TT and living alone while pregnant which she just gave up for adoption. She is doing it alone and supporting herself. That’s a lot for anyone.

Maybe a silly question: How do we know that the GPS was intentionally disabled, as opposed to simply no longer working because the car has been submerged in water or otherwise destroyed?

Good thinking but I'm pretty sure we know it was intentionally disabled because the last time it pinged was at the gas station then in the CCTV video you see her car pull away. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!!

Good thinking but I'm pretty sure we know it was intentionally disabled because the last time it pinged was at the gas station then in the CCTV video you see her car pull away. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!!

You’re right. If what I read in regards to how gps works when built into the vehicle, when it detects the vehicle is in motion it refreshes every so often (2 minutes Or so)

You’re right. If what I read in regards to how gps works when built into the vehicle, when it detects the vehicle is in motion it refreshes every so often (2 minutes Or so)
Thanks. That's the info I'm looking for. If it refreshes every 2 minutes then it probably did have to be disabled. (As opposed to updating every 30 or 60 minutes, which might have allowed time for the car to be disposed of.) I guess this really only matters if you think taking DNV was the goal of the crime and not stealing a car.

The VI couldn’t elaborate on why the whole roofie scenario is a possibility. I realize there isn’t much that we know that would indicate that happening but just to give it some thought...
I’m not sure how long before RC and MK left before DNV and DW so perhaps something was placed into her drink after they left. Dublin’s has a patio that leads right out to the parking lot, you actually have to walk through the patio in order to go inside. So if they were sitting out on the patio there would be a lot less opportunity for people to notice if she was behaving odd.

Let’s say the phone was intentionally left behind so that Dublin’s would be the last ping.

This theory would have to include a third person... maybe driving DNVs car. Once on the interstate the person driving DNVs car realizes that the car has OnStar or whatever onboard gps and flashes the lights to pull over. Car 1 and car 2 pull in the shell and discuss the gps in the car. Car 1 leaves to get the phone. But turns around and comes back because they thought of something else or car 2 calls them to come back. They stay there and disable the gps and discuss the new plan to give reason why the phone was at Dublin’s and the GPS was going in the opposite direction. And to create some alibis...

This doesn’t really make as much sense though as the idea that DNVs recent accomplishments were a threat to someone. Also just a thought... jail is a pretty rock solid alibi... and would definitely make it appear that you had nothing to do with anything.

All simply just a theory based on what we do know, it could be just as far from what actually happened as teleportation.

when it detects the vehicle is in motion it refreshes every so often (2 minutes Or so)

Do we know this to be a fact?? Would be interesting to see if we could figure out how often her lojack updated the location. Maybe @dancemom could be heading in the right direction. What if it did only refresh the location every say 15 minutes, what if the car was destroyed and not just the GPS

I am with on you on this. It was my impression that no one was observed getting out of the cars at the Shell Station. If the known attacker used a jammer, they may have been able to disable her GPS without getting in her car.

She could have naively followed them not knowing her GPS was disabled and followed to an unknown hidden location where she was harmed.

My initial thoughts on the GPS was is if it was a GPS Navigation System with a screen, an attacker would want to disable it so she could not see where they were taking her if she were alive. Traveling backwoods at night you may get disoriented and there's no map right on the dash to tell you where you are. BUT posters here have said OnStar can be just a voice, no map. So I don't know.
To get a sense of why it might have taken Car 3 15 min to disable the GPS it might be because DNV car had console GPS + OnStar. Disabling both might have required those few extra minutes.

Danni as a loser who chose to erase her life and happy little family with her daughter in favor of "unfit parent" who smoked pot and couldn't get off the "bar hopping" "party train." She bought a car and disappeared into the sunset after barhopping party train and off the grid until Friday.

Who knows what happened to her between Tuesday and Friday, but she was reported missing on July 20, four days after she disappeared. DW phoned JDT at 7:30AM July 20 and that morning he turned Danni's phone into police. I don't think that Danni is alive.

What happened: She must have driven off with her new car, no reason to pay attention. However, she vanished retrieving her phone at 11:08PM in Mobile AL.

We also have the issue that she called into work to cancel for Tuesday. We haven't debated why this might have been done. Did she not feel well? Did she just want to go get her new car and drive around town? We know she didn't spend the day with her daughter so far as we know? Was she out with friends earlier in the day on Tuesday? Did she need the day to plan things to get out of Mobile?

Generally speaking, aren’t people usually roofied by people they don’t know? Or can’t identify?

In the JCD case, I thought I read or heard in a live MSM feed that the victim escaped? Or was she let go?

LE is being very tight lipped assuming they know more than we need to know at this time regarding DNV. To me it seems the victim had to have said something that made them think what she was saying had credibility and that possibly went along with some evidence or knowledge they have. I would think it would take more than something said by the victim such as “I wouldn’t be surprised if he was involved in DNVs disappearance” to get them to go to the extent they went to searching the property. Why was she held against her will? Did she know or overhear something she wasn’t suppose to?

It certainly isn’t a preposterous theory. His bond was increased. I understand being defensive when someone suggests that someone you care about might have done something horrible to another person. But how many times do we hear after a suspect is identified in a case “I had no idea, I would have never suspected”. So it isn’t outlandish considering what little is known

Google earth shows several dirt pits in the area JCD lives in.

We also have the issue that she called into work to cancel for Tuesday. We haven't debated why this might have been done. Did she not feel well? Did she just want to go get her new car and drive around town? We know she didn't spend the day with her daughter so far as we know? Was she out with friends earlier in the day on Tuesday? Did she need the day to plan things to get out of Mobile?

I read in several reports by MSM that CT was out of town with family and was due back Thursday, and DNV was suppose to spend the night at JDTs

I have followed this case from the beginning but have gotten lost in some of the (ever-changing) details. Maybe a silly question: How do we know that the GPS was intentionally disabled, as opposed to simply no longer working because the car has been submerged in water or otherwise destroyed?
The last known ping by Pearl Motors was at the Shell station according to LE. We don't know the precision of the OnStar and/or console GPS but we have been going with the LE statement. I believe others on here have followed cases where GPS becomes disabled by being in water. If the Shell station statment is incorrect then sure your theory of losing GPS might work.

Two months after Danniella Vian went missing, the Mobile Police Department has created a blog aimed at helping to find the 24-year-old mother.

The MPD is asking people to post what they know about her disappearance. The link to the blog is mobilepd.org/finddanniella.

An MPD news release states:
"Although other blogs exist, this blog is set up for people in the community who may have seen something or might have information that could help further the investigation. They are encouraged to comment on the posts. The blog will serve as a centralized two-way communication hub with the Mobile Police Department and community."

The police department says the cash reward money to be given for information leading to finding Vian has increased from $2,000 to $5,000.
MPD starts blog to help find Danniella Vian

You have to provide an email to post a tip or comment but the site assures you that it will not be published.

Danni as a loser who chose to erase her life and happy little family with her daughter in favor of "unfit parent" who smoked pot and couldn't get off the "bar hopping" "party train." She bought a car and disappeared into the sunset after barhopping party train and off the grid until Friday.

Who knows what happened to her between Tuesday and Friday, but she was reported missing on July 20, four days after she disappeared. DW phoned JDT at 7:30AM July 20 and that morning he turned Danni's phone into police. I don't think that Danni is alive.

What happened: She must have driven off with her new car, no reason to pay attention. However, she vanished retrieving her phone at 11:08PM in Mobile AL.
Working with this theory that she left the Shell station and headed back to Dublin's then maybe any roadside creeks or rivers should be searched. Maybe she had enough alcohol in her system to not be able to drive and simply went off the side of the road or some bridge? As others have said here, the GPS could have been simply disabled by virtue of being submerged in water. Worth looking at the trip back to Dublins to see if this might have been possible.

Two months after Danniella Vian went missing, the Mobile Police Department has created a blog aimed at helping to find the 24-year-old mother.

The MPD is asking people to post what they know about her disappearance. The link to the blog is mobilepd.org/finddanniella.

"Although other blogs exist, this blog is set up for people in the community who may have seen something or might have information that could help further the investigation. They are encouraged to comment on the posts. The blog will serve as a centralized two-way communication hub with the Mobile Police Department and community."

The police department says the cash reward money to be given for information leading to finding Vian has increased from $2,000 to $5,000.

You have to provide an email to post a tip or comment but the site assures you that it will not be published.
Kudos to the MPD in setting up this site and upping the reward! It can serve as a substitute for the typical public FB page in a missing case that we typically see. GO MPD!

Good morning to all...Please pass the coffee, and let there also please be justice for Danni today.

Generally speaking, aren’t people usually roofied by people they don’t know? Or can’t identify?

In the JCD case, I thought I read or heard in a live MSM feed that the victim escaped? Or was she let go?

LE is being very tight lipped assuming they know more than we need to know at this time regarding DNV. To me it seems the victim had to have said something that made them think what she was saying had credibility and that possibly went along with some evidence or knowledge they have. I would think it would take more than something said by the victim such as “I wouldn’t be surprised if he was involved in DNVs disappearance” to get them to go to the extent they went to searching the property. Why was she held against her will? Did she know or overhear something she wasn’t suppose to?

It certainly isn’t a preposterous theory. His bond was increased. I understand being defensive when someone suggests that someone you care about might have done something horrible to another person. But how many times do we hear after a suspect is identified in a case “I had no idea, I would have never suspected”. So it isn’t outlandish considering what little is known

Google earth shows several dirt pits in the area JCD lives in.

I agree, this is not preposterous. I do not believe LE would have searched the property if they did not think the victim was credible. And based on him being arrested right away (not a he said, she said and go file a no contact order) the evidence was very credible and then bail was increased, knowing all of that I do not feel the victim needed to add DNV to be taking seriously by LE. Hypothetically, if you did something terrible and a person closed to you threatened to go to LE, maybe you might lock them up. Oh and hey, lets use their phone and post to SM so no one knows they are missing.

FINALLY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member