Found Deceased France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, Sept. 24th:
*Hearing (Reconstruction of crime) - France - Maëlys De Araujo (9) (Aug. 27, 2017; found Feb. 14, 2018) - Nordahl Lelandais (34) arrested (9/3/17) & indicted with murder & kidnapping & forcible confinement of a minor younger than 15; being held in jail. Maleys' DNA found in his car.
*12/20/17 indicted for murder of Arthur Noyer, 24 (April 11-12, 2017; skull found Sept. 2017).
*7/3/18 charged with sexual assault of a minor under 15 yrs re sexual assault on his young cousin during a family visit to his parents’ home a week before Maëlys abduction.
Skipped a bunch of stuff, as it's a bit long. :)
9/9/18 Update: Hearings are scheduled for Sept. 13 & Sept. 24. This reconstruction is scheduled to take place during the night from Monday to Tuesday. It will happen under the watchful eye of the gendarmes who will close all accesses. A sealed-off passage will be set up. Already postponed due to leaks in the press, the reconstruction of the kidnapping & killing of little Maëlys, is due to start in the evening.
9/21/18 Update: Was back in court regarding video of sexual assault on his 6 yr old cousin. Questioned lasted about 3 hours.

Sven Lelandais, brother of Nordahl, has given an interview.
Spoiler alert: Sven believes that it was all an accident, because Nordahl is not capable of murder.

I pick some gems from Niner's KOZPost, to save myself the trouble of translating:

For Sven Lelandais, Nordahl “was not alone” when Maëlys is dead

“Her intention primary was not giving the death, far from it. There has been a concordance of circumstances, and the accidental death came unfortunately”, he declared on RTL.

Sven Lelandais went even further. For him, even if he recognizes that “Nordahl farted a cable”, it happened something pushed him to do it. And this something, it may be a different person.

Sven Lelandais has also been expressed about the circumstances of the death of Arthur Walnut, which is, again, according to him, occurred accidentally.

“For the corporal Drown, he was drunk out of a nightclub. Nordahl has always been very meticulous with his car. Inside, it smells good, it’s clean. This may be poorly spent in the car. They are got out of the vehicle, there has been a fight and Arthur Walnut is badly faded. Unfortunately, this is accidental”, he explained in Le Parisien.

If I ever should worry about a translation that isn't quite it, or any typo, I'll read this post again.

Last edited:
73x32px-LL-31efcbd3_07.gif
Thanks for the laugh ZaZara!!

Maëlys case: the night of the drama reconstructed in the presence of Nordahl Lelandais

Video from BFMTV made near the venue of the wedding party. 200 Gendarmes are deployed for security. The area where the action takes place is shielded from the outside view with white sheets, like a pantomine with lights, shadows and movements. IMHO they have started earlier than the time when Maëlys went missing, but Nordahl Lelendais is being interrogated by the judges every step of the way so this takes time

BFMTV on Twitter

Reconstitution du meurtre de Maëlys : le domicile familial des Lelandais au cœur des interrogations

Reconstruction of Maëlys' murder: the family home of the Lelandais at the heart of the interrogations

Le Dauphine Live Blog

des-gendarmes-en-nombre-ont-tendu-des-draps-blancs-afin-de-masquer-la-vue-des-photographes-et-des-cameramen-photo-le-dl-thierry-guillot-1537824049.jpg

7:36 p.m.: Colonel Marzin made a short press briefing early this evening: "This is an important operation from a judicial point of view[...] and an important moment for the family to have an opportunity to test some evidence for explanation. ...] Our objective is to ensure perfect serenity for the families who are present. We will unfold the chronology of events according to the tempo given by the court[...]. " In total, nearly 200 gendarmes are involved in this operation.

7:47 pm: The convoy carrying Nordahl Lelandais has just arrived at the multipurpose hall in Pont-de-Beauvoisin. The reconstruction will only start when all the participants are on site: investigating judge, public prosecutor, lawyers, Maëlys' parents...

19h55 : Several vehicles of the gendarmerie have just been positioned in the district of the Lelandais family in Domessin.

20h48 : The lawyers Mr Jakubowicz and Mr Rajon arrived shortly before 20h30 as did Jean-Yves Coquillat, Public Prosecutor of the Republic of Grenoble. The presence of a container on a trailer was also noted on site. Nordahl Lelandais' Audi A3 could likely be inside.

21h45: "Truth and justice for you Maëlys we will never give up". This is the banner displayed by a dozen persons who came to the scene.

22h10 : The convoy of about twenty vehicles has just left the multipurpose room to head for Domessin. In this convoy, we were able to see Nordahl Lelandais' grey Audi A3 driven by a gendarme with a child's dummy at his side, showing Maëlys' presence in the vehicle. The Audi still had the gendarmerie seals on the doors and trunk.

A few cars away, Maëlys' parents were sitting in the back of a car, hidden behind blocked windows.

22h43 : The convoy that was supposed to go to the Lelandais de Domessin residence has just made a stopover in the Pont-de-Beauvoisin shopping area on the Savoie side, where the Super U sign is located. The neighborhood has just been plunged into darkness.

22:53: New information was reported to have come to light during Nordahl Lelandais' previous interrogations. Until now, no information about this car park located on the road between the city centre of Pont-de-Beauvoisin where the Audi A3 was filmed and the Lelandais' home had ever been filtered.

22h55 : The road to Chambéry is currently cut off from all traffic.

23h17 : The convoy has just left the Hyper U Pont-de-Beauvoisin shopping centre area to head towards the home of the Lelandais family. Many gendarmes stretched white sheets to hide the view from the photographers and cameramen.

23h55 : According to a source close to the investigation, the Pont-de-Beauvoisin Savoie shopping centre district is a key sector of the case. The convoy remained for a very long time at a standstill, the judges and protagonists stepped out of the vehicles. This could be the murder site.

00h37: The protagonists of this reconstruction have been at the Lelandais' family home in Domessin for several minutes, and the investigators now have to compare the suspect's statements with those of his mother, particularly on the question of the stained Bermuda shorts.

01h15: The convoy left the Lelandais' home in Domessin to head for Attignat-Oncin, where Nordahl Lelandais had indicated that he had abandoned Maëlys' body in the middle of the forest. The reconstruction will continue throughout the night.

BBM

The live blog was started at 07.15 hrs on Monday morning.

Maëlys' parents have been called to participate as parents, her mother is also a witness. Christiane, the mother of Nordahl Lelandais has also been summoned as a witness.

Reconstitution du meurtre de Maëlys : une zone commerciale au cœur des interrogations

03h10: the reconstruction has just ended at the foot of Mont Grèle, in the commune of Attignat-Oncin where Nordahl Lelandais abandoned Maëlys' lifeless body in a stone quarry in the middle of the forest.

The former soldier from Domessin provided new explanations during the 6:30 hours of this reconstruction, but also during his last interrogation, last Friday before the investigating judges of Grenoble.

It is likely that the tragedy has reached a dark impasse in this commercial area of Pont-de-Beauvoisin Savie. Nordahl Lelandais then returned to his home to change his blood-stained Bermuda shorts before returning to the wedding. Consequently, he never made this stop at the shed that he had initially described as the place where he had dumped Maëlys' body.

BBM

The owners of the shed must be relieved.
This also raises another question: if not in the shed, where did he leave her lifeless body? Was it in his car all the time and did he return to the party with the dead girl's remains?

Affaire Maëlys : Lelandais reconnaît avoir donné 4 à 5 coups à la petite fille

Nordahl Lelandais has changed his version and no longer speaks of an accident. Contrary to what he had been saying since February 14 and his confession after six months of silence, the ex-military explained that he had beaten Maëlys several times. New revelations, made to the investigating judges on Friday 21 September during a new hearing, undermine his previous statements and the theory of the accident. Up till then, this was defended by the alleged murderer of the little Maëlys.

According to a source close to Maëlys' family, the former soldier states that he gave four to five very violent blows to the little girl. Until then, Nordahl Lelandais claimed to have killed her " by accident" by slapping her on the way in his car.

On the night of Monday, September 24, during the first reconstruction held in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, the former dog-handler mimicked the actions inflicted on the child on a dummy, dressed in a white dress. Nordahl Lelandais even took the investigating judges to the place where he allegedly struck her: in a car park near a shopping centre in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, less than five minutes from the village hall.

BBM

We'd also like to know why.

I cannot believe the brother of this demon thought it was 'an accident.' This vile man abducted a young girl from her family in the middle of the night. How can you ignore that and call it 'an accident' that she died?

His family appears to be in total denial.

Affaire Maëlys: le père de la fillette dénonce une « reconstitution pleine de mensonges »

"A reconstruction full of lies"

During the first reconstruction of the night of the murder of little Maëlys in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Nordahl Lelandais changed his version of the drama, once again raising doubts among the parents, as they told RMC.

More new revelations in the Maëlys case: Nordahl Lelandais changes his version of the events once again.

The alleged murderer provided new information and a new version of the death of the 9-year-old girl during the reconstruction that took place on Monday night in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Isère.

In the presence of Maëlys' parents, for over 6 hours, the alleged murderer reported that he had beaten Maëlys violently several times in his car. Four or five very violent blows, according to information from BFMTV. Gestures he made Monday evening during the reconstruction, on a mannequin that represented the girl.

A new version that coincides with the autopsy results of Maëlys' body and shows that the alleged murderer discloses the truth according to the progress of the investigation. Nordahl Lelandais also indicated where the blows were inflicted and where he deposited Maëlys' body before returning to pick it up, in a commercial area near his home.

But this new version, Joachim, the father of Maëlys, still has difficulty accepting it. In a message sent Tuesday evening to RMC, he told us that "the reconstruction went as he had imagined, full of lies." For him, Nordahl Lelandais "still hides part of the truth."

BBM

https://www.ledauphine.com/isere-no...dais-a-soutenu-le-regard-de-la-mere-de-maelys

In an interview to be published this Friday in the editions of the Dauphiné Libéré, Maître Rajon, the lawyer for Maëlys' parents, discusses the reconstruction of the murder, a reconstruction that took place during the night from Monday to Tuesday.

How did Nordahl Lelandais behave throughout the six hours of the reconstruction? Has he been cooperative?

Let us be clear, if being cooperative means talking to the judges and playing the game of reconstruction, yes, he was on Monday evening. Just as he was able to elaborate at length during his past hearings or interrogations during the last few months of judicial investigation... But, forgive me, that is not the point. The question is whether Nordahl Lelandais' versions are credible and correspond to what little Maelys really suffered during that tragic night of August 26 to 27. In other words, that he talks is one thing, that my clients believe him is obviously another...

Did he address Maëlys' parents directly at any time during the reconstruction?

Not a word to them. It is true that the context was very difficult and that the security system tended to dissuade any exchange between my clients and the accused. Maëlys' mother confides to me that he held his gaze, his head, when he appeared before her at the beginning of the reconstruction. In any case, the tension was extreme during the six hours of reconstitution in which we participated.

The full interview will be found in our editions of Le Dauphiné Libéré on Friday 28 September and on our website ledauphine.com

BBM

Affaire Lelandais : "Les parents de Maëlys n’attendent plus rien du mis en examen"

me-rajon-1538075508.jpg

Maëlys' parents no longer expect anything from the accused

In an interview to be published this Friday in the editions of the Dauphiné Libéré, Maître Rajon, the lawyer for Maëlys' parents, discusses the reconstruction of the murder, that took place during the night from Monday to Tuesday.

During the night from Monday to Tuesday, an important judicial act was carried out by the investigating judges in charge of the investigation into the kidnapping and murder of Maëlys: the reconstruction. In what state of mind were your clients, Maëlys' parents, before facing this night? Was their presence at their request?

"My clients have been a civil party since the beginning of the judicial investigation conducted by the three investigating magistrates of the Grenoble High Court. We were summoned for this reconstitution, in accordance with the provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure. Let us return to the origins of this case, if I may. From the very beginning of the investigation, and even within hours of their daughter's disappearance, my clients identified Nordahl Lelandais as being involved in the incident. From August 27, 2017, to February 14, 2018, the date on which the remains of Maëlys De Araujo were found in Chartreuse, my clients were confronted with an untenable situation, which I described as a real hostage-taking. Indeed, at that time the situation was as follows: the daughter of my clients was not found, on the ground the searches did not yield anything despite important means deployed... In parallel, overwhelming evidences characterized Nordahl Lelandais' involvement and this individual knowingly refused to cooperate and to tell us where Maëlys was. This hostage-taking was obviously unbearable for my clients. But I would add that Nordahl Lelandais' late confessions had very serious consequences for the investigation, since the remains of the child's body, when found, were very altered and many evidence likely to confront the indicted man had disappeared..."

In other words, do you think Nordahl Lelandais played for time to make evidence disappear?

"This is indeed one of the major issues in the case. I say: if the body had been found earlier, the file would not be the same. We could have material elements that would allow us to establish with certainty the nature of what Maëlys suffered. Nordahl Lelandais decided otherwise, and this in full knowledge of the facts, by acknowledging his involvement and revealing the place where the girl's body was lying only after six long months... My clients see it as a choice, thoughtful, cold and conscious, to better avoid his responsibilities before his judges."

What did Jennifer and Joachim expect from this reconstruction? And how did they apprehend the confrontation with Nordahl Lelandais, the alleged murderer of their daughter? Because it was the first time they saw him again after the terrible night of August 26-27, 2017.

"We were cautious, for one simple reason. During the respondent's hearings, we understood that Nordahl Lelandais' explanations were, to say the least, changing and not very credible. Need I remind you of the countless versions he gave to investigators during his police custody and then to the magistrates during his various interrogations? Not to mention his attitude during the interrogation during which I was authorized by the Examining Chamber of the Court of Appeal of Grenoble to question him... The reconstruction could nevertheless constitute a trigger likely to make the respondent evolve and move towards the truth. The night situation at the scene of the events, the presence of Maëlys' parents, could eventually lead him to finally reveal the truth. Clearly, this was not the case. Today, Maëlys' parents no longer expect anything from the accused. I go further, they have the feeling that the worst of this evening remains hidden and is, unfortunately, not about to be revealed."

How did Nordahl Lelandais behave throughout the six hours of the reconstruction? Has he been cooperative?

Let us be clear, if being cooperative means talking to the judges and playing the game of reconstruction, yes, he was on Monday evening. Just as he was able to elaborate at length during his past hearings or interrogations during the last few months of judicial investigation... But, forgive me, that is not the point. The question is whether Nordahl Lelandais' versions are credible and correspond to what little Maelys really suffered during that tragic night of August 26 to 27. In other words, that he talks is one thing, that my clients believe him is obviously another...

Did he address Maëlys' parents directly at any time during the reconstruction?

Not a word to them. It is true that the context was very difficult and that the security system tended to dissuade any exchange between my clients and the accused. Maëlys' mother confides to me that he held his gaze, his head, when he appeared before her at the beginning of the reconstruction. In any case, the tension was extreme during the six hours of reconstitution in which we participated.

Nordahl Lelandais delivered a new version to the judges, indicating that he had struck Maëlys very violently, four or five times, while maintaining the fact that the child had spontaneously got into his Audi and with her mother's permission. He therefore refutes the kidnapping. What do you think about this with regard to the evidence in the file and how did the parents react to these statements?

"How do you expect my clients to react? Honestly... A few blows given with a flick of the wrist, in a car, by the driver would lead to Maëlys' death? Who can believe such a version? I would also remind you that barely a few months ago, this same Nordahl Lelandais mentioned a single blow that led to the death of the girl... As for the fact that Maëlys allegedly got into his Audi A3 spontaneously and moreover with the permission of her mother, I think nobody is fooled, not even Lelandais' defence..... For the rest, I take care that the secrecy of the investigation is respected and you can imagine that the respondent's assertions will be scrupulously confronted with the reality of the case. My clients therefore cannot understand that Nordall Lelandais would have been cooperative, as we have read or heard in the media.

You call his thesis "implausible". In what way is it implausible with regard to the evidence in the file?

"I respect the confidentiality of the investigation and cannot comment in detail on it. It will also be up to a court of assizes to rule sovereignly on the guilt of the defendant. But yes, I do agree: Nordahl Lelandais' version seems totally implausible in view of the findings made and the evidence on file in my possession. In other words, at the end of this reconstruction, we are still far from the truth."

BBM

Disappearance of Antoine Zoia: a skeleton discovered hanged, Clarensac fears the worst

After the discovery of a hanging body, the village of Clarensac awaits DNA results that could confirm the teenager's suicide.

Three days after the discovery of a skeleton hanging from a tree on wooded hills, Clarensac (Gard), 4200 inhabitants and 20 minutes west of Nîmes, remains under tension. Even if the various cluesof the investigation a priori suggest that this macabre discovery made by a hunter points to the disappearance of Antoine, a young man from the village who disappeared in 2016.

"Things are moving too fast. We are waiting to be sure, via DNA, that it is Antoine's body. Obviously, people are wondering," explains the tobacconist who keeps track of where the young man, a discreet first S student at the Albert Camus high school in Nîmes, was last seen.

It was March 1, 2016 at about 4:00 p. m. He had bought a lighter before going to ring the doorbell of a friend who was away that day. "It was my wife who helped him," the shopkeeper says. "Since Sunday, when she heard the news, she has been upset," he continues.

"For me," Marjorie Enjelvin, Mayor of Clarensac, adds, "there are still two completely separate cases that are difficult to deal with. There is the absence of Antoine, who always mobilizes a lot of people for searches or sticking operations (Editor's note: collage of posters) in order to spread his photo as widely as possible. And then there's this case of a hangman just twenty minutes' walk from the cemetery parking lot. And it is not every day that in our village we discover a hanged man."

And the town councillor recalls the intense moments of emotion during the collective gatherings, and the hope that had been held high here to find the trace of this young teenager without a history.

"I'm sick of it simply thinking about it. If the news is confirmed, it will be a shock for the entire village," Delphine says. She has participated in various rallies. For 31 months, ithe abduction trail was most commonly mentioned.

The case of Nordhal Lelandais, indicted in the Maëlys case, had even been explored by the investigators before being dismissed because the alleged killer from Beauvoisin (Isère) had family ties in the Gard. Since Saturday, a new hypothesis about Antoine's disappearance has been taking shape.

In a steep, rugged, heavily vegetated area, a hunter who was looking at the bushes stumbled upon a pair of suspended shoes. As he approached, he discovered shreds of clothing and a decomposing body hanging from a tree.

On the spot, investigators from the Nîmes gendarmerie's investigation section found personal belongings that might belong to Antoine and that were effectively identified as such by the young man's relatives.

However, Éric Maurel, public prosecutor, wishes to have the final results of the DNA analyses promised within 48 hours before expressing his opinion, but the autopsy carried out at the forensic institute in Nîmes would have already confirmed the death by hanging of the body found. "Several searches had brought us to this area of the source of the Font de Bonnet but obviously the place of discovery is away from the hiking trails."

BBM

RIP Antoine Zoia.

Nordahl Lelandais : les parents d'Arthur Noyer réclament une "vraie perpétuité"

The parents of Arthur Noyer demand a true life sentence.

Their son was killed after crossing the path of Nordahl Lelandais. Cécile and Didier Noyer, the parents of Arthur Noyer, a young corporal who died in April 2017 near Chambéry, confide in RTL. "I have hatred, but I don't let myself be overwhelmed by hatred because I find it destructive and I don't want to destroy myself. But I feel contempt and that is what constitutes our strength to move forward, to bring him down and arrive at the truth," says the mother of a family. She wants to obtain "the truth" but also "true justice."

That is why she calls for a "true perpetuity."
"We're also going to fight for that, so that he doesn't come out after 20 years. It would really make me sweat to meet him on the street," she continues.

A way for this bruised family not to let him win again. "He's not going to have a victory over us either. There is no question of that, there is no question of wavering (...) We are the ones who will win," Didier Noyer explains.

Despite everything, they expect "little cooperation" from Nordahl Lelandais. After denying the murder, he finally admitted to killing the young corporal. But the suspect, who also acknowledged the murder of little Maëlys, keeps changing versions, much to the dismay of Arthur Noyer's parents. "We're going to wait for the next chapter," Cécile Noyer says. She wants to keep believing that the truth will eventually come out.

"It will take as long as it takes, but we will get there (...) I expect little cooperation from the other. I can hardly say his name and I don't want to advertise it. I have a total contempt for this individual," Cécile Noyer concludes.

BBM

The parents of Arthur Noyer were appaled by the interview of Seven Lelandais who thinks that his brother Nordahl killed both Maëlys and Arthur Noyer by accident.
Laste week their lawyer Mr Bernard Boullod gave a reaction, on the eve of the first reconstruction of Maëlys' disappearance.:

Mort d'Arthur Noyer : "On ne croit pas à un accident", dit l'avocat des parents

Was Arthur Noyer accidentally killed by Nordahl Lelandais outside a nightclub in April 2017, as his brother Sven Lelandais is claiming in his defense? Me Bernard Boulloud, the lawyer for the young soldier's parents, was the guest of RTL Soir on Monday, September 24. "What we have been waiting for for several weeks before Arthur's funeral is for Mr. Lelandais to speak out and for him to tell us how in this case like in the case of Maëlys, these two people could have died," Bernard Boulloud explains.

According to the lawyer, the parents were "appalled" by the interviews given by Sven Lelandais, particularly on RTL, that day, in which he defends the hypothesis of an accident. "We don't believe the accident theory. (...) Their own conviction is that it did not happen like that. It is very hard to read what they have read and not to be able to answer at the risk of violating the secrecy of the investigation," the lawyer continues.

"His brother Nordahl is someone who has humanity, according to Sven Lelandais. If this is true, it is up to him to prove it and to speak out tonight in the context of the reconstruction of the death of little Maëlys," Me Boulloud pleads. He would like to be able to question the accused like the lawyer from Maëlys' family has been able to do. "It could make it easier for Mr. Lelandais to set himself free," he says.

BBM

Vaucluse - Clarensac : les parents ont reconnu les vêtements d'Antoine, disparu en 2016

Although it had already stalled for 2 and a half years, in less than four days, the investigation into the disappearance of the young Antoine Zoia could have been definitively completed.

It will certainly take a few more hours, and the release of the DNA results from the body discovered by hunters on Saturday in the Gardoise countryside, near Clarensac, to put a name on the deceased with certainty. Nevertheless, the investigators of the gendarmerie now have evidence that suggests that there is a good chance that the remains of the teenager who disappeared in 2016 were found on 29 September last, a few kilometres from the centre of the village in the Gard.

Shortly after being alerted of the macabre discovery, the public prosecutor of Nîmes, Eric Maurel, ordered that objects discovered on the body be presented to Antoine's parents. They would then immediately have recognized these objects as belonging to their son.

BBM

Makes one wonder about Lucas Tronche. It was thought at a time that their cases might be related in some way. Here's another reason to hope that they are not.

Clarensac : le corps retrouvé à l'état de squelette est bien celui d'Antoine Zoia, disparu il y a deux ans

Last Saturday morning, hunters discovered a body hanging from a tree in Clarensac, near Nîmes. This afternoon, the public prosecutor, Eric Maurel, indicated that it was indeed the young Antoine Zoia, who disappeared two years ago.

"The autopsy allows us to exclude any act of aggression," says the public prosecutor. The dental impression confirmed that it was indeed the body of the young Antoine Zoia. His parents had already recognized the objects found near the body. "The place where the body was found is very difficult to access. The gendarmes had to use ropes to approach. The area is very steep and it was really necessary to get into the vegetation to get there and end up on a quasi cliff. The nearest road is 100 meters away."

The area where the body was found had been searched several times. "It is possible that the search may have passed within ten metres of the body. You really have to get to the bottom of the tree to see something."

The hunter who found the body first found the shoes by chance, "then the lower part of the body, which was at a distance from the rest of the body in a quasi-skeleton state, hung from a tree."

The soldiers found his school bag, a very specific knife offered by his father and some small items. "We are forbidden to talk about the causes of death since it is a minor but we have not found any message," said Eric Maurel. "We will return to Antoine Zoia's parents. But for now, out of respect for them, we are postponing these investigations."

Additional elements and forensic investigations will have to determine since when the body was there. "Today, it would be pure speculation," says Patrick Bottero, Deputy Prosecutor. "The degradation of the body depends on temperature and precipitation."

BBM

RIP Antoine Zoia. Prayers for his family.

Eight years since Adrien Fiorello went missing and still no trace of him

IMG_0114-537x302.png

It has already been eight years since Adrien Fiorello disappeared from Firminy... Eight years since his parents have had no news of the young man who was 22 years old at the time. As every day, on October 6, 2010, he left in the morning to study at the law school in Saint-Etienne, but in the evening he never returned.

One file of disappearance, among dozens of others in the region, that remains unsolved. Earlier this year, the justice system decided to expand the search for Nordhal Lelandais, the alleged murderer of little Maëlys and Corporal Arthur Noyer.

Eight years that have changed a lot in the life of Marie-France, the mother of Adrien

[ Radio] When that day comes, october 6, I am in the same state as the first day. It is 8 years ago and at the time I did not know what to do what would happen. Since then a lot has changed. I have had to learn a lot of things. I learned to use the internet, the social media, to work with organizations. This has become my force.

Marie-France wants to continue to fight to know the truth

[ Radio] I am certain that the truth is not far away. Deep inside myself I know Adrien is no longer there. I think there is someone who knows. And I want to know that truth.

The Maëlys case has brought progress

Marie-France says so. Without Maëlys, unfortunately, many families would still be very lonely today. The disappearance of the girl in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, and the media coverage of the case, allow them to keep the hope of knowing one day.

One of the evidences of the investigation that points to Nordhal Lelandais is the place where Adrien's mobile phone pinged last: that was in Chambéry.

BBM

I made the translation of the interviews by ear, there is no transcript. The original text has links to parts of the interview in soundcloud, but the links to soundcloud do not work here on WS. If you listen to the snippets on soundcloud: beware of the roaring noise of a commercial at the end.

Since exclusion isn't mentioned, IMHO Nordahl Lelandais has not been excluded in Adrien Fiorello's case.

Nordahl Lelandais: What the psychiatric evaluation tells

Details of the psychiatric evaluation of Nordahl Lelandais indicted for the murder of little Maëlys and the murder of Corporal Arthur Noyer were revealed on Tuesday.
Nordahl Lelandais, indicted for the murder of little Maëlys and the murder of Corporal Arthur Noyer, has described the nights of the two murders in his psychiatric report, revealed by L'Express [ paywall ] on Tuesday.

These are the conclusions of three psychiatric experts, who say they did not detect psychosis in him and do not believe in the theory of a delusional episode during the murders. "We have the feeling that this is a learned and repeated narrative," they observe.

They conclude that man has "a split personality of a perverse type": a part "functioning in a way that is more or less adequate to reality" and "a part functioning in spite of prohibitions."

On April 13, Nordahl Lelandais reported, among other things, that he had fought with Arthur Noyer on the night of his disappearance in April 2017. "When I fought with him, I was a spectator, I was like a satellite up there looking at the car from above, like a drone," he said. He then recounted how he placed the corporal's body on a mountain road. "I was hoping he'd be alive and a car would come and get him," he said.

As for Maëlys, whom he had taken on board his Audi A3 at a wedding, "I punched her in the face, I don't know why," he says, explaining that the girl would have asked to go back to the village hall. During this examination, he also stated that the girl "wanted to hurt him" and that Arthur Noyer "had returned in her."

One of the doctors notes that Nordahl Lelandais has an "attachment" and "somewhat immature admiration" for his 73-year-old father. "My father is a very intelligent person (...) He did a lot of research into our family until 1300. (...) "He explained everything to us, the flowers, the animals."

He stated that he did not have a sexual attraction for children. As for his homosexual adventures: "It was an attraction knowing that I greatly prefer women," he said.

Nordahl Lelandais is also very fond of his dogs and has "collapsed into tears" when she talks about the death of one of them in front of the doctors.

"At night, sometimes I get pulled out of my bed, out of my body, it's like another person stealing me, taking me, since I was a child I feel like I've been filmed and listened to as if everyone was connected except me," Nordahl Lelandais said in April.

The former dog handler is said to have no psychiatric history, but reportedly experienced an anxious episode during his time in the army between 2001 and 2005, and "an anxiety attack in a tunnel" at work in 2007. "The psychologist explained to me that it was no big deal, she said to stop the consultations," he says.

BBM

Arthur Noyer "had returned in her."

If that had bothered him, why did he stay at the party? Or show pictures of his dogs to Maëlys?

Huh?

Nordahl Lelandais claims that he is "possessed": the psychiatrists who examined him do not believe him

It is a sixteen-page document that is chilling. It summarizes the conclusions of the three psychiatrists who met with Nordahl Lelandais four times during the first half of 2018. In this expert report, which our colleagues at L'Express obtained, the former soldier indicted for the murder of little Maëlys, the murder of Corporal Arthur Noyer and a sexual assault on his young cousin, talks about the demons that are eating at him, without necessarily convincing the doctors.

Nordahl Lelandais, who has obviously lived a trouble-free childhood and adolescence in a balanced family, does not have, according to experts, a psychiatric history. They are just noting an anxiety episode that occurred while he was a dog-handler in the army between 2001 and 2005. The ex-military says he also consulted a psychologist three times in 2007, after being subjected to a major anxiety attack.

Concerning his sexuality, which is one of the key points of the three investigations in which he is targeted, Nordahl Lelandais explains to psychiatrists that he is heterosexual but confesses two homosexual experiences, one with a man he met on the net two years ago and the other with a couple of men, without specifying the date. "It was an attraction knowing that I much prefer women," he told the experts. However, he denies having any "sexual attraction for children", which goes against the discoveries made by investigators who found pedophile photos while exploring his computer and phone.

To the psychiatrists who heard him four times, Nordhal Lelandais gave his version of the night Arthur Noyer died on April 12, 2017. He told them that when he picked him up in Chambéry, the 24-year-old corporal "was very irritated because he had fought in a nightclub" from which he was leaving. According to Lelandais, they also ended up in a fight outside his car and Arthur Noyer died after he "hit" him. "When I fought with him, I was a spectator, I was like a satellite up there looking at the car from above, like a drone," Lelandais details, explaining that he then put the young man's body "on the side of the road in a mountain" in the hope that "he would be alive and a car would come and get him.

His account of Maëlys' death, killed on the night of 26 to 27 August 2017, while she was participating with her parents and sister in a wedding evening in Pont-de-Beauvoisin, leaves psychiatrists much more doubtful. He confirms that he hit the girl while she was in the car after she asked him to take her back to the village hall. "I punched her in the face, I don't know why. Maëlys wanted to hurt me," he said before explaining to psychiatrists that "it was not Maëlys who attacked him," but Arthur Noyer, who "had returned in her."

But the account of this delirious outburst does not convince the three psychiatrists. "We feel that this is a learned and repeated speech," they conclude in their report, stressing that Nordahl Lelandais does not suffer from psychosis. Even though the ex-military told them that he sometimes felt possessed. "At night, sometimes I get pulled out of my bed, out of my body, it's like another person stealing me, taking me, since I was a child I feel like I've been filmed and listened to as if everyone was connected except me." So he confides.

Since Nordahl Lelandais' confessions in the Maëlys and Arthur Noyer cases, the gendarmerie has set up a special investigation unit. The Ariane cell is composed of 7 investigators who have been examining Nordahl Lelandais' life story over the past 15 years, while cross-checking it with 900 cases of unsolved mysterious disappearances. In front of the experts, Lelandais denies being a serial killer. During an interview on 13 April 2018, 15 days after his confession concerning the death of Arthur Noyer, he spontaneously raised this subject with psychiatrists. "He will then tell us, without us asking him, that he has never killed anyone else," write the experts. He then criticized the press. "The media they add a lot... I understand families who are worried, the media give them a lot of hope."

In their report, the three psychiatrists conclude that "Nordahl Lelandais has a perverse type of split personality". That is, part of it is "roughly in line with reality" while another part "functions in spite of prohibitions." According to them, "the former soldier's "criminological dangerousness" is "extremely important" and leaves little hope for the future.

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member