Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw where Detective Asher made a comment on JK's facebook site, but it was a strange post. He said something to the affect of, "There's still time Janelle". I found this really really strange, and possibly very telling. Time for what? Time to do the right thing? Time for closure for everyone? What was Asher referring to when he said that?? I took it as a prodding so to speak to JK, that there's still time to do the right thing. It seems to go hand in hand with what police said, when they seemed to be reaching out to an ex-girlfriend/ex-wife. Am I crazy to look at this this way? It seemed very telling to me at the time I saw Asher's post on JK's facebook site. I may be wrong and I'm not accusing anyone for the record. I'm only pointing out things I've noticed.

The actual quote is "There is still hope Janelle!"

My outlandish theory is...

Somebody followed one of the girls home that night and waited until they were asleep and then did a blitz attack on them.

I just struggle with somebody random following them home as I think you would just drive them off the road. You wouldn’t let them reach home if you was intent on raping them and killing them.

But as I’m a normal functioning person gods know what drives these people to do what they do so logic doesn’t really play a part I guess if you are going to rape or murder somebody.

[QUOTE="asyousay, post: 14418232, member: 82070"
I just struggle with somebody random following them home as I think you would just drive them off the road. You wouldn’t let them reach home if you was intent on raping them and killing them.
[/QUOTE]

and the road from Battlefield was/is super narrow...speed limit 10 mph (well, maybe 25 mph ha)
would not have been difficult to block them in or ram one off the road

I like this post. Her story about hearing JK come into the house, and the girls telling one to follow the other to Susies house, has never made me feel comfortable. It seems like a perfect opportunity for an alibi for her daughter. What better alibi can a child have than their own parent confirming their whereabouts to police. And what parent wouldn't be inclined to cover for their child, if they thought their newly graduated child had gotten into something on purpose or by accident, that could land her in prison for the rest of her life. I don't think the famlies knew each other that well at all at that point in their lives. They may have more when the girls were younger, but after Susie moved back, I don't think she and Janelle were very close at all. Janelle and Stacy yes. Janelle and Susie no.

Exactly. And Mrs. (Kathy) Kirby made a snarky comment concerning Bartt and his mother's relationship. MOO....Evidence #1. Nosy #2. Not a trustworthy person
Sometimes, parent's have to pay $ to 'clear' their name in order to be believed by LE.
I doubt they questioned Janelle's mom's alibi for Janelle's whereabouts at 2 a.m. I'm totally guessing, that it's not the first time Janelle came home late or stayed out all night. No proof but IMO a possibility.

I read where LE did question Janelle multiple time but...she could have been the person who did not realize what was going to happen.

And yes, Mrs. Kirby sure did have a motive to protect her child and she probably knew LE would take the alibi w/out question.

What if Dusty was the trusted one of whom Susie opened the door for, and Garrison was the one who took everything south from there. May be Dusty didn't know what Garrison was going to do but was way too scared to do anything an took off at some point afterwards and doesn't know what happened from there. Clay has admitted to have known Garrison for a brief time before the girls disappeared because Garrison and Dusty were hanging out at the time according to Clay. Garrison knew Tim Robb. Where did police get a search warrant to dig up? Who's farm. Seems to make sense to me. And may be it goes higher than that. There seems to be a lot of talk about a PFI connection lately on other sites. I've also seen PFI mentioned on here too, and that the owner was into bad things, and that a concrete pour was done in the early morning hours the morning the girls went missing. Could these be the links to this crime? I don't know, I'm just trying to put together the things I've read so far about this horrible crime, that seem to connect or make sense.
I think the Clay-Dusty-Garrison connection is too coincidental to ignore, especially since Suzie was the ex GF about to testify in the court case. Add in the potential for pregnancy and you have a double motive on the part of Clay, plus the means with the Garrison connection. It's purely a MOO theory, but it's my #1 theory by a significant margin. It just makes sense; even the Suzie being upset/needing a friend/having stomach ache information fits.

Maybe it wasn't a stranger. I still find it odd that Joy decided so late in the evening that no one could stay at his house. He was hosting a grad party at his house but decided later and after a few drinks that the girls couldn't stay?? I would think he would have expected people to stay since he is hosting a party with alcohol and underage kids.

Maybe something happened to Suzie at the party and Joy didn't want her to stay. (Maybe to avoid conflict or he knew of a plan and needed her away from his house) She asked Stacy to go with her so they left. Someone at the party followed them home and Suzie went out side to see why/talk to them. From there something happened, I am not saying a major conflict because the neighbors didn't hear anything, but maybe he wanted Suzie to go with him in private to do things. Sherrill came out to see what was going on and has put a stop to any plans. He now has 2/3 outside. Somehow got them compromised and now he just has to go inside and get one girl.

Sounds plausible.

Sounds plausible.

So far as I know there was no one in the vicinity who would have heard anything. There was a small business belt door, an office building across the street. And the next door house was not occupied as the owner was away that night.

Additionally, Glenstone, a major north/south street would’ve had some traffic noise that would further masked any sounds from the house. The house is probably 250 feet west from Glestone.

So far as I know there was no one in the vicinity who would have heard anything. There was a small business belt door, an office building across the street. And the next door house was not occupied as the owner was away that night.

Additionally, Glenstone, a major north/south street would’ve had some traffic noise that would further masked any sounds from the house. The house is probably 250 feet west from Glestone.

Very coincidental that the next door neighbor was away when this happened. I am not blaming him but it does mean maybe whoever did this knew the coming and goings of the house.

I don’t don’t get why Stacey was taken and their was obviously a reason. Why wouldn’t you just gag her and tie her up?

Very coincidental that the next door neighbor was away when this happened. I am not blaming him but it does mean maybe whoever did this knew the coming and goings of the house.

I don’t don’t get why Stacey was taken and their was obviously a reason. Why wouldn’t you just gag her and tie her up?

IMO it is because she knew who it was. If she would be able to identify the kidnapper/killer then they would need to get rid of her too. Otherwise, when she was found she would be able to tell LE who did it and this would have been solved within days.

OR.... She said or did something to irritate the kidnapper/killer so he got revenge.

I agree MM. I have always found it strange as well that no one heard anything at all. You would think that taking three women out of a house at 3am or so, would have woken someone up, if not the entire neighborhood. And yet, nothing. Good Post MM!!

I've wondered the same thing too, and the conclusion I came to is that, either the perp or perps were just paranoid because someone had seen them, or the most likely in my opinion is, that the perp or perps were known by Stacy and could readily identify one or more of them. To me, that makes the most sense.

By this time, everyone should have at least three theories about what took place - one that you think, one that you feel, and, lastly, a wildcard from out of the absolute blue.

Let's hear your wildcards.
Bikers did the snatch. Graverobbers court thing threatened to go south for somebody in an upper echelon, either MC or, more likely, a drug boss who hired the job out.

Bikers did the snatch. Graverobbers court thing threatened to go south for somebody in an upper echelon, either MC or, more likely, a drug boss who hired the job out.

I have heard a version of this for some time. Do you have actual knowledge or advancing a theory?

But if that is true what evidence is there to support a drug connection? Could they have hit the wrong house as we know there were drugs in the Springfield area? I could buy that if some pros from outside of Springfield were brought in. Could it perhaps have been instead West Delmar?

What if Sherrill was the target? Crime in progress with use of a gun when two girls unexpectedly came home. Sherrill silenced via gun. Girls get ready for bed, lay down all the while perp has Sherrill silenced. When the time is right, perp gets all three outside into his car and they are gone. A gun can be a powerful tool and avoid signs of a struggle. The two younger girls were unfortunate additional victims in this scenario. One perp, three victims. MOO

What if Sherrill was the target? Crime in progress with use of a gun when two girls unexpectedly came home. Sherrill silenced via gun. Girls get ready for bed, lay down all the while perp has Sherrill silenced. When the time is right, perp gets all three outside into his car and they are gone. A gun can be a powerful tool and avoid signs of a struggle. The two younger girls were unfortunate additional victims in this scenario. One perp, three victims. MOO

Now I think this is an excellent post. This is a theory I have also entertained. It seems like one of the top theories to me. May be the girls came home in the middle of Sherrill being assaulted, in one form or another, physical or sexual, and then went down just as you laid out. You're also right, a gun will make most people cooperate with just about anything you tell them to. When you're staring death in the face, you'll cooperate I would think.

To get 3 women -2 of which were very young- to cooperate with being taken at gunpoint would be challenging for one person in that the risk of getting caught or something going wrong is very, very high. I think it's entirely possible one subject rounded up the women, but I think there was probably another waiting outside in the getaway vehicle.

The idea that the Kirbys kidnapped these women and came by in the morning to clean and stage the crime scene is just plum rediculus.

We need better ideas folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member