Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand so many people (like the preacher on the live stream and tons of people commenting) are wondering why the parents aren't coming forward. Look at where everyone (just about) is going here on this "victim friendly" site. They would be ripped to shreds if they started talking to MSM now. I completely understand why the parents are staying out of sight.

I don't really understand so many people (like the preacher on the live stream and tons of people commenting) are wondering why the parents aren't coming forward. Look at where everyone (just about) is going here on this "victim friendly" site. They would be ripped to shreds if they started talking to MSM now. I completely understand why the parents are staying out of sight.

Yes, that's true, but I also think that I would'nt give a If it were my child who went missing...

Last edited:
I wouldn't care about what people thought if my child was missing either, unless it impacted the search for my child. No reason for the parents to distract from the search at this point. If they come out then everyone will just be talking about them instead of focusing on Maddox.

There is no advantage to the parents coming forward anyway if Maddox is lost in the park. What would they appeal for? The public isn't allowed to search. The parents are more useful when an abduction is suspected. It sounds like they are fairly certain he's close, while not ruling out other options.

The FBI/Police using recordings of the parents' voices while they search is a good sign. Would they go to that trouble if they didn't feel there was a likelihood or at least a possibility that he's alive out there?
As for the parents, I have to admit that I do always wonder a bit when they are camera shy....you will be ripped to shreds if you put yourself out there and you will be ripped to shreds if you don't; but the more you put yourself out there, the more coverage there is for your missing child.

*Edited to fix verb tense*

Last edited:
As long as the child is missing, we must continue to pray and hope. So many, many threads with sad outcomes...I'm up for a happy and safe ending. Come home little one!

Grateful to LE for all their hard work.
Trying to stay optimistic....

If my child were missing-- I'd be in front of the cameras as much as possible. And if I was able to speak without crying I'd be begging people to help. Not sure why the public isn't allowed to help in this case.
They wouldn't have to call out to him if it might make him flee further and/or hide.
As long as they just LOOK !

Last edited:
Right. But in some cases, they report them as going missing in one park, when they have already been placed somewhere else. So it is important to have evidence that the child was alive and well at the park, as reported.

I am NOT saying it isn't so.

Just saying in some cases, it is a lie.[ A mother recently reported that her son was with her in a park, and she was struck in the head and passed out, and he was gone. Turns out, she had gotten rid of him before she arrived there. ]

That was down here, about half an hour from where we live now (we moved around Florida when I was married). Her story was so half baked even I couldn’t find hope to buy it.

It does make sense not to let the public search. People shouting his name would almost certainly frighten him further away, which is perhaps why the area was increased by 2 miles after the initial public search. Autistic children can react differently than expected. My autistic son was once locked outside the house when we had visitors over when he was a toddler - everyone came in, or so we thought, someone shut the door, and it took a few minutes with all the chatting and settling in to realize that he was missing. He didn't cry, didn't knock on the door, just waited. Had he run, I hate to think what further danger he would have been in. He's a very fast runner. These parents seem to be doing everything right and my heart goes out to them.

I'm catching up after a mini vacation with my 2 year old (non-autistic) grandson and wanted to say thank you to members educating us on how easily autistic kids can get away. Between that and four days of chasing after my grandson it really alters my "judgement level," lol. In the blink of an eye they can take off!

I'm glad to read that Maddox was actually seen at the park per Lauren3307 above - that relieves some anxiety over when he was last seen. At the same time it's concerning that there's big water nearby. Watching, waiting and hoping for a good outcome.

So Maddox was with his dad and another adult ?
Is it possible they were talking and someone else took him ? :(

Can we bring over info. from the NBC news site FB page ? There's the dad's name and a disturbing post.

Not sure why some news affiliates do not want to name the parents-- I'd want my name out and anyone who knew me to help search.
People wouldn't have to call Maddox since it might scare him-- just keep looking.

Are there any sec. cams in the area ? Homes bordering the park ? Traffic cams ?

Is the person who saw Maddox sure it was him ?
It's just that he looks a bit like my neighbor's boys, and she has three --5, 7, and 9 years old. The 5 yr. old has darker hair, though.

RankinLakeMap.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member