Found Deceased Va - Denise Martin, 22, Virginia Beach, 19 June 2018

I just don't understand. :( She had her whole life ahead of her... she JUST graduated. Depression is a real *****.
Yes, indeed it is.

"Officially", I guess, we are still waiting on the medical examiner's report to give the "cause of death". I think it's going to be as we expect, though.

Police: No foul play suspected in death

“She is painting the sky.” Family and friends honor life of Virginia Beach's Denise Martin.

“She is painting the sky.” Family and friends honor life of Virginia Beach's Denise Martin.

Martin’s boyfriend, Jordan Stroud, said she wanted to move to Atlanta. She was funny and laid back, he said, but also “determined as hell.” She loved painting, both casually and for theater.

Loya said their house was decorated with works from Martin’s scenic painting class. The two met in 2014 and became roommates in 2016.

“From the moment we signed our lease, we became inseparable,” Loya said. “She was my soulmate.”

Last fall, the two adopted a Beagle they named “Ophelia,” after their favorite song by The Lumineers. Ophelia’s official name was Ophelia Loya-Martin, a spin on the two friend’s last names, and they nicknamed her “Ophi.”

Attachments

• 85E28469-FC14-47EE-BE52-AC287C91CBD6.jpeg
    85E28469-FC14-47EE-BE52-AC287C91CBD6.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 47
I'm struggling to come up with ways they could confirm this.

I also wondered how they determined suicide versus accidental drowning. Perhaps she left a note? But I hope that's not all they went by.
I don't have a reference for it, but I have seen one other case where a drowning was deemed suicide and they described in detail how the man had tied his own wrists and legs together and jumped in the river. It seemed really unbelievable to be me at the time I read about it. A man found dead in the river tied up seemed like foul play to me. But I guess they could tell if he tied his own restraints versus someone else tying them. It's mind boggling the things people can do to themselves when they are deep in depression.

No matter the method, however, it's very sad she took her own life. Her family and friends must be so hurting and confused over this outcome. I wish them healing and comfort.
MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back