CO CO - Kristal Reisinger, 29, Crestone, 13 July 2016

Just FYI, there are no ‘cops’ in Crestone. They know who did it, just don’t have the evidence.

Is there a link somewhere I can find out who they suspect? Or is this going to be released by the podcast? I only heard of this case through the UAV podcast so I don’t know much about it besides what they have put in the 3 episodes that are out.

Is there a link somewhere I can find out who they suspect? Or is this going to be released by the podcast? I only heard of this case through the UAV podcast so I don’t know much about it besides what they have put in the 3 episodes that are out.
I have a relative who lives near Crestone. Just rumor at this point. Crestone is a very small community. Jmo

I have a relative who lives near Crestone. Just rumor at this point. Crestone is a very small community. Jmo

I thought the sheriff’s interview was enlightening on UAV. Sounds like the idea of the town “policing themselves” works fine until something like KR’s situation occurs. Then you realize they have a very tiny number of LEOs covering a huge area. And here we are... no answers.

I live with in a days drive of CS ive been listening to the UAV podcast and it hit me realy close to the heart. I feel a real connection to krystial. The profiler said she was probably between 5 to 10 miles of crestone. Id realy like to make a week long expedition to check mine shafts with a cam on a rope. I have a good deal of backpacking experience. Im plaining for early spring. I was wondering if anyone has high lighted any areas or previously looked anywhere? Im gathereing as much information b4 i go and would like any info ppl can add mabey a loal guide?

Kristal's story was on Dr. Phil December 12th. I don't know how to link but Google Kristal's name and Dr. Phil and you can watch it. They interview her ex and the Sheriff.
Dr. Phil
Published on Dec 12, 2018

The former boyfriend of Kristal Anne Reisinger who disappeared without a trace on July 13th, 2016 claims she was “involved with the wrong crowd.”

AUG 2, 2019
https://www.investigationdiscovery....he-was-raped-disappeared-in-crestone-colorado

1565035894761.jpeg

• The last time anyone saw KR was on July 13, 2016.
  • She disappeared shortly after she said she was drugged and raped at a party.
  • In 2011, KR reportedly met the love of her life, Elijah Guana. Two years later, she gave birth to the couple’s daughter, Akasha.
  • Still, she found the urban environment of Denver “toxic” and, according to Guana, she set out on a quest for enlightenment that took her to the rural community of Crestone, the reported home of numerous spiritual seekers.
  • After she found an apartment in Crestone, Guana said the plan was for Akasha and him to join her once she got settled.
  • Guana also said that he and KR spoke together on the phone every day — until July 2016, when KR suddenly could not be located.
  • The Saguache County Sheriff said that KR’s landlord filed the initial missing persons report when her rent went unpaid and she didn’t seem to be around.
  • So at first, Sheriff Warwick said, the police didn’t treat KR as a typical missing person, but rather as someone who'd “just left.”
  • Meanwhile, Guana and others close to KR went to Crestone to search for her. LE then undertook a more vigorous investigation, including a search of KR’s apt.
  • Sheriff Warwick said nothing seeming out of place, noting that KR’s clothes, cellphone, and computers were all on the premises.Guana added, “She had just bought groceries the day before…. She would have to have gone out with absolutely nothing — not even her phone, not even her shoes. It really just doesn’t make any sense.”
  • According to The Missing, some said they might have seen KR on the outside of Crestone, following the local monthly drum circle celebration of the full moon.
  • If KR had attended the drum circle, LE said, she would have had to walk through dense, potentially very dangerous wilderness to get there.
  • Search teams, including canine units, reportedly scoured the area and turned up no clues.
  • According to Guana, his last phone conversation with KR was extremely troubling. He said, “She was very disturbed, very upset. She told me people had drugged and raped her.”
  • Guana also said he thinks he knows what happened, stating, “The guys who were directly involved in Kristal’s rape have strong ties in a drug market that goes back and forth directly from Crestone to Denver. Kristal had made a decision to do something about it. She wanted them to be accountable for their actions and that’s when she went missing. I strongly believe she was murdered by those guys.”
  • Addressing rumors that someone may have disposed of KR’s body by throwing her down a mine shaft, Sheriff Warwick said, “There are a lot of mines up there. That’s been a thing that’s been said in this county for a number of years — ‘Anyone comes up missing, check the mines.’”
  • LE has reportedly searched more than 60 mines to find KR.
  • A $20,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the closing of this case.
  • If you know anything regarding the disappearance of Kristal Reisinger, please contact the Saguache County Sheriff’s Office at (719) 655-2544.

This case is so sad. I’ve followed it for a real long time. It seems the suspects are obviously involved, but there’s just not enough proof to do anything about it. Should they ever find her body, I think arrests would be forthcoming. It’s just such a vast open area, she could be anywhere. It’s just very, very sad. jmo

This case is so sad. I’ve followed it for a real long time. It seems the suspects are obviously involved, but there’s just not enough proof to do anything about it. Should they ever find her body, I think arrests would be forthcoming. It’s just such a vast open area, she could be anywhere. It’s just very, very sad. jmo

Just the amount of mines in the area will make it difficult for anyone to recover Kristal Reisinger. If she was not dropped in one of the many mines, then I would assume they burned her to get rid of evidence. The case seems like it should be solved by now especially since the same few names repeatedly come up in the media. The same names of people who have a pattern of violence and criminal history

1st time poster. Is anyone still commenting on this case? Not sure if there are other threads, I need to figure out how everything works here. I am listening to UAV now and just jumped on here to see if people are still talking about Krystal's case.

First time user... Still trying to figure this out... I pray and hope they find the (s) that did this to her ... It truly breaks my heart knowing that little beautiful girl will only know her mother by pictures and memories told to her...

Haunting image over mine shaft appears during hunt for missing mom

Reisinger’s friends and family believe she is dead, and that whoever killed her hid her body in a mine to hide evidence of a potential crime.

As much as that image is haunting... It can be explained. The "wings" are the shadow from the lip of the entrance to the mine and the "eyes" are the photographer holding up the camera to take a pic... The eye holes are the shadow passing through the opening of his arms... Sorry to burst anyone's bubble... I know mine was when I figured it out...

Last edited:
Remains found in Conejos County approximately 1.5 hours south of Crestone. It may be a long shot but I noted that the Saguache County Sheriff’s Office, among others, is assisting in the investigation which immediately caused me to think of Kristal.

NOV 16, 2020
Human remains located in the San Luis Valley | FOX21 News Colorado
[...]

The remains were located on two separate Conejos County properties. They have been recovered and are currently being analyzed as part of the identification process.

[...]

The sites are in close proximity to one another near the town of Las Sauces in Conejos County. The property owners are not currently living at these properties, according to CBI.

[...]

Several law enforcement agencies are assisting in this investigation including:
  • Conejos County Sheriff’s Office
  • Saguache County Sheriff’s Office
  • Alamosa Police Department
  • Monte Vista Police Department
  • Colorado Bureau of Investigation
[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online