Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I've noticed in cases like these, is that the killer has come up with a "perfect plan", which they believe no one will ever be able to figure out and prove anything, and will let them carry on their life as they'd prefer to live it. IMO they only commit the murder because they have convinced themselves they'll get away with it.

That's in contast to many other murders that are committed in haste, or under intense emotions, that police can much more easily solve.

I really wonder if there was a moment, and when it was, that CW thought to himself: gee, these oil tanks would be a perfect place to hide a body.

And how much does having that 'perfect plan': whether it's staging an accident and letting yout child die in a hot car (Ross Cooper), getting your best friend to stage a break-in that results in your wife's death (Mark Sievers), hiding your wife's body in your home's secret septic tank, 'the perfect place to hide a body, the previous owner said' (Ian Stewart), how much does having the possibility of that plan in mind, encourage the killer to go ahead and do it?

Are these people, in part, strongly attracted to the idea of carrying out this secret plan and getting away with it? Is that part of the motivation: "I could do this: wouldn't I be the clever one, then. I could fool them all." A kind of power trip.
I think he did think hiding them in the oil tanks was the perfect plan. It would disguise the smell, and if he was in charge of the tanks, he had control over the situation. He had told others that he had asked for the separation, and that was the first thing he told his wife's friend when she called looking for her. She knew that comment was strange, that's what first made her suspicious, according to her interview. I do think he thought he would get away with it, he didn't even have his story straight when he was arrested. He probably thought he would have plenty of time, and was prepared to tell the story of her getting upset and taking off somewhere with the girls. He likely did not think much beyond that. Imo

If SW remotely sensed that something may have been off, I wouldn't be surprised if she, feeling an escalating argument ensuing, thought to open the voice recording app on her phone to give her some sense of protection.

Who knows what story CW had ready for her upon her arrival. But whatever it was, it could have seemed non-threatening enough at first in order to ensure SW wouldn't phone for help or attempt to exit the home.

And if the girls were killed before she got home, IMO CW's self-preservation mode could have been in full effect, and could have started out as a conjured emotional argument initiated by CW in an attempt to distract SW, throw her off from finding the girls, and bolstering his willpower to fatally harm SW.

ETA: JMO.
Knowing how she recorded everything in her life, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if she recorded an, “If anything happens to me C.W. did it,” video.

Or just maybe they believe their son is innocent in the murders of his children and that he was provoked by SW's actions. After all, his family members were actually around the couple when the cameras weren't rolling. JMO
So were her family members. She had just spent six weeks with them. We do not know how much time CW's family spent with them.

It was all an illusion

I don't believe undisclosed sources who are used in click bait stories. CW has the right to be treated the same as others in jail awaiting trial. JMO

If CW is under the protocol, it’s not to deny him his rights or fair treatment. It’s to keep him from self harm. It’s not uncommon in cases like this. It happened just a couple of weeks ago in Maryland as the Laura Wallen case was going to trial. He accomplished taking his life in ten minutes between guard checks and he gave zero indication he was considering it. No one wants that to happen here. Not the families and not the authorities.

Knowing how she recorded everything in her life, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if she recorded an, “If anything happens to me C.W. did it,” video.
It’s possible and wouldn’t be the first time. A video that shows Shanann “speaking from the grave,” would be huge. Of course, the physical evidence may effectively do the same.

I believe undisclosed sources if two things are true:

The publication has a strong track record in regards to accuracy.

The reporter has the same.

If he is under “close watch protocol” it isn’t because he isn’t being treated fairly. It’s because the circumstances call for it. I certainly believe they do here.

That's your opinion, not fact. I don't believe undisclosed sources in celebrity magazines. Never have, never will. JMO

IMO most of us here are aware he's in county jail, not prison. It has been published multiple places that he is not allowed reading material, etc. and is only allowed out of his cell 1 hour a day for a shower & phone calls to family & lawyer. As to whether he is allowed more time with his lawyer, I can't speak to that & I have not seen that published anywhere. @gitana1 @Mrspratcher @Amandaaa @Alethea can any of you shed light on whether he would be allowed more time with his council?

He should be allowed unlimited time with his attorneys.

I haven't seen any public statements from his family. How do we know if they believe him or not?
I have not seen them featured on the news, insisting that he would never do this, that he was such a loving father, that he loved his wife, we don't know how this could have happened, or anything of that nature.

I haven't seen any public statements from his family. How do we know if they believe him or not?
But I was intrigued when SW’s brother asked people to pray for CWs family. I can’t read too much into it, but it was extremely generous, and I can’t believe he’d write something like that if he thought they were blaming Shanann for Bella & CeCe’s murders.

Or just maybe they believe their son is innocent in the murders of his children and that he was provoked by SW's actions. After all, his family members were actually around the couple when the cameras weren't rolling. JMO
How did SW provoke C.W. into dumping his children in crude oil and telling the public to go look for them?

Did SW provoke C.W. into not calling 911 to save a child he is watching her strangle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee